Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Female · Age 46

Dr. Nickles Fader

Johns Hopkins Womens Health Ctr

601 N CAROLINE ST 8 Baltimore, MD 21287

Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Baltimore, MD. She specializes in obstetrics & gynecology and oncology.

Dr. Nickles Fader accepts

Dr. Nickles Fader accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Nickles Fader's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Nickles Fader's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dr. Nickles Fader performs Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy) more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Nickles Fader performs this procedure more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abdominal Hysterectomy
Vaginal Surgery

Dr. Nickles Fader performs Vaginal Surgery more than 98% of her peers

Dr. Nickles Fader performs this procedure more than 98% of her peers

Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic

Dr. Nickles Fader performs Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic more than 98% of her peers

Dr. Nickles Fader performs this procedure more than 98% of her peers

• Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anemia
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Lymphocytosis
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myeloproliferative Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pap Smear
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Purpura
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening

4.5

Dr. Nickles Fader?
Dr. Nickles Fader's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD
It was scary being diagnosed on 6/10/19 with a potentially cancerous large ovarian cyst. Fortunately, I was referred to Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, to whom I am extremely grateful, and whom I would whole-heartedly recommend to anyone needing a gynecologic oncologist. On 7/3/19 Dr Fader performed surgery and laparoscopically removed the massive cyst, in addition to performing a total hysterectomy. The surgery and recovery have been more that I could hope for, which I attribute to the expertise and excellent care I received from Dr. Fader and her wonderful team. Dr. Fader is very skilled and knows how to make her patients feel relaxed. She is kind, warm and competent; just what I needed to get me through this unexpected challenge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
I recently had surgery with Dr Fader and her team where they removed a very large uterine mass. My experience with Dr Fader and her team was excellent not only is Dr. Fader and her team experts in their field, but, they are very caring as well. Dr Fader was very warm and caring and took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend Dr. Fader and her team to anyone needing GYN surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr Fader was kind, efficient, and very competent especially in light of rare diagnosis of vulvar cancer. She also was concerned for my family and listened to my particular concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader has such a wonderful bedside manner and she put me immediately at ease when I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. She performed my hysterectomy using robotic techniques that made my recovery so much easier. She is kind and caring and very knowledgable. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing gynecological oncology treatment. I am thankful that God led me to Dr. Fader.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Fader’s for the past six years. At the age of 26, I was diagnosed with an uncommon ovarian cancer. At every step of my treatment and monitoring, she has communicated exactly what I should expect and made sure I don't have any questions. When I had an unexpected reoccurrence, she consulted with other oncologists across the country to identify the best treatment options. She is a highly skilled and dedicated surgeon and oncologist with a WONDERFUL bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader was amazing. She is really smart, saw us quickly, did a great surgery (saved my daughter's ovary!) and had such a kind and caring bedside manner. I have already recommended her to someone else and can't say enough good things about her. We feel so fortunate to have been connected to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Nickles Fader is very personable and made me feel at ease by listening to my concerns. After answering my many questions, she agreed with taking a conservative approach in treatment. I was pleased that she was able to do the more minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Nickles Fader is very skilled and precise in her work, which made recovery a breeze!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Recommend extremely highly to family and friends!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader has been my oncologist for about 5 years now, and I have a very rare gynecologic cancer. She is extremely knowledgeable and has performed a very thorough and successful surgery for me that along with continued medical treatment has allowed me to remain in remission for the last 3 years. In addition to being an excellent physician, I could not ask for a more caring doctor. She always listens to me and takes my wishes into account when making medical decisions with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader treated both me and my sister for the BRCA1 gene mutation and ovarian cancer. She was extremely knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. We both knew we were in the best hands from the second we met Dr. Fader. She is on top of current ovarian cancer trials and treatments and provides solid advice as to the best type of treatment for each individual. I highly recommend Dr. Fader.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
I would be hard-pressed to find enough superlatives to describe my experience with Dr. Fader. I was referred to her for an endometrial pre-cancerous condition and feel very fortunate to have had an excellent surgical experience and trouble-free recovery. She has been steadfast in responding to my many questions before and after my surgery, and has truly been in my corner as I have worked to address related health concerns as I have moved forward from surgery. Just excellent care all around!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Amanda N. Fader @ Hopkins misdiagnosed and performed unwarranted surgery. Further, she did not review medical records in entirety, and reached a hasty decision to perform unwarranted surgery. Primary incentive is to train fellows by treating incoming patients as guinea pigs. Amanda lacks competence and has extremely poor medical judgment. Additionally, the tumor board is extremely incompetent and arrived at incorrect diagnosis. This review is truthful and based on personal experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader is one of the best physicians I have ever had in my life. She treated me for ovarian cancer and being diagnosed as a teenager, I was very scared and overwhelmed. She was not only warm and comforting, but personable and warm. She explains the procedures and treatment plan very well, but also has an amazing bedside manner. Since I had a less common diagnosis, she even brought in another doctor, which made me feel very well cared for and that she wanted me to have the best care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader took exceptionally good care of my wife. She is an outstanding and capable surgeon with a compassionate and kind bedside manor. Equally impressive is her clinical support team. Dr. Fader and the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service at Johns Hopkins have an impeccable and well deserved reputation for excellence. *Men - if your wife, fiancé, sister or mom needs a top notch GYN/ONC surgeon this is the doctor you take her to. Hope this review helps someone. Chris (husband of patient)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Fader to anyone. I was shocked as to how rigid and narrow minded she was for being a female. It was my hope that she was in touch with women's health concerns. At my recent visit, she informed me that she did not recommend preserving health ovaries at the age of 57 and older, as they did not serve a purpose despite the contrary. There is much documented evidence that the ovaries do serve a function. It is my hope that women today expect more from doctors.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
For the following reasons, I highly recommend Dr. Fader to anyone finding themselves or a loved one in the position of needing this type of care: 1. medical expertise and experience 2. warm, welcoming personality; ease of conversation about diagnosis, surgical plan, other concerns, etc. 3. prompt responsiveness to inquires of all kinds - in person, by phone, by email 4. her confidence in the entire team caring for you inspires confidence. There is just no question you are in good hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader was absolutely wonderful in treating my mother. She took the time to listen, explain and sometimes re-explain what was said. She should a level of caring and compassion I not seen with other doctors. Her staff was very friendly and helpful in keeping my mother comfortable during her chemo, surgery and more chemo. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader took exceptional care of my Mother this past year. She treated her, and myself and my Father, like we were one of her own family members. Not only is she a technically superb clinician and surgeon, but her bedside manner and caring touch, provided us with the strength and confidence we needed at such a difficult time for our family. She embodies the ideal physician in my mind. We are very grateful to Dr. Fader for providing us such superb care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nickles Fader?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Nickles Fader treats patients.