Dr. Amanda Kleinman, MD

Dr. Amanda Kleinman, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Amanda Kleinman, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. She is 40 years old and has been practicing for 4 years.Read her story

980 N Michigan Ave Ste 1400

Chicago, IL 60611

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Kleinman

See how frequently Dr. Kleinman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Evaluation
high
Suicidal Ideation
Adjustment Disorder

Dr. Kleinman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kleinman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kleinman "I grew up in the Midwest and have lived in New York City for college, Chicago for medical school and Seattle for residency. I enjoyed my experience in Chicago so much that I chose to return to Chicago to begin my career. I went to medical school to be a pediatrician, but realized that my lifelong interest in understanding people's emotions and behavior made me better suited working in psychiatry. During my residency, I learned CBT, DBT, and basic psychodynamic principals for psychotherapy, but as time went on, I found myself drawn to learning about Object Relations Psychoanalytic theories. When I returned to Chicago, I was able to fulfill my goal of running an outpatient psychiatry clinic. Several years later, I decided to make a career change by entering private practice. Now I run a practice that is 90% psychotherapy and 10% medication management, a breakdown that matches my larger interests."

This content was provided by Dr. Kleinman "I am a psychiatrist who works primarily as a psychotherapist. I practice psychodynamic, transference-focused psychotherapy, which is a new-generation form of psychoanalysis that blends elements from cognitive-behavioral therapy. Ultimately, I believe my role is to help bring clarity to a challenging emotional situation. Along the way, I can help patients consider pharmacologic treatments that may be helpful, being mindful of the further challenges that may arise from the treatment itself or from no treatment at all. I believe that empowering patients to learn about their minds and bodies helps them better take care of themselves and make thoughtful decisions along the way. My job is to assist and guide patients on their journey to becoming their best selves."

• Psychiatry

• Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder

• Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Columbia University, New York
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1998
  • Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • University of Washington
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University of Washington
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Kleinman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kleinman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kleinman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kleinman's Reviews

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Kleinman Says:

New patients want to hear others' experience of my practice. I greatly appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write it.

Chicago, IL |
Dr. Kleinman is extremely approachable. She also really knows her stuff and she never tries to push a one-size-fits-all type of plan onto you. She makes sure to listen to your very specific issues and goals and works with you every step of the way. She is very easy to reach and responds very...more
in Chicago, IL |
She's great kind and caring. She's very professional, knowledegeable and helpful.She weclcomes any research you may have done on the medicine and she welcomes your opinion. I would recommend her. May sure to ask about her expertise and practice style to make sure she is the right match for you.

Visit Dr. Kleinman