Dr. Amanda Fader, MD

OncologyFemaleAge 49

Oncology

Dr. Amanda Fader, MD is an Oncology Specialist in Baltimore, MD and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Fader has extensive experience in Gynecologic Neoplasms. She graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia in 2002. She is affiliated with medical facilities Greater Baltimore Medical Center and The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Amanda Fader, MD

Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions

600 N Wolfe St Baltimore, MD 21287

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Oncology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Fader is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins Hospital Baltimore, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Frequently Treated by Dr. Fader

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Fader treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Fader treats other conditions, please contact the office at (410) 955-8240.

Gynecologic Neoplasms

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the female reproductive system, including ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer, through chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, or targeted cancer therapy.Compare with other Gynecologic Neoplasms specialists.

Dr. Fader is experienced in the area of Gynecologic Neoplasms. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

• Breast Cancer
  • Cancer Screening
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Cancer
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvectomy

Dr. Fader accepts

Dr. Fader accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Fader's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fader

My mom and I LOVE Dr. Fader and her team. She is an extraordinary surgeon and an even kinder person. Her bedside manner is lovely and she truly cares about each and every patient. We can't thank her enough for giving us the gift of our good health. She is truly amazing!
Joanna Warden – Mar 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
WOW, so much to say. Let me start by saying all of this happened in the middle of the Covid pandemic. I sought-after Dr. Fader as a 2nd opinion after being hit with a unique situation. Dr. Fader was everything you'd look for in a 2nd opinion! She was personable, thorough, friendly, understanding, kind, knowledgeable and patient! Her demeanor and attitude regarding my concerns meant so much to my Family & I. She completely understood my concerns and wanted to try her best to accommodate my situation. From my 1st phone call with Nurse Kelly, to scheduling with Courtney this team of Women sympathized with me and did their best to accommodate and get us in asap. As a Mother, I was trying to be my Daughter's best advocate and I got nothing but kindness, understanding and respect. I am SUPER GRATEFUL & THANKFUL to say that Dr. Fader was able to perform the procedure as I had anticipated and exactly how she discussed with me. Her tender care was a Godsend and we all were grateful that we were
Delanei's Mom – Sep 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Dr Amanda Nickles Fader represents the best in medical practice, research and teaching. She listens AND hears her patients, answers questions directly and keeps a supportive calm. Surgery was successful with minimal discomfort and quick healing. Dr Fader's Associates and Staff are helpful and supportive as well.
Sep 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Fader at John’s Hopkins Facilites for 6 years, traveling 6 hours one-way. I have never once doubted my choice. She is a world-class leader in women’s health at a world-class health organization, yet never has lost her compassion or humility. She teaches and mentors, hones her surgery skills and performs lots of research. She is encouraging to patients and co-workers alike. You will feel a confidence in her and the JH team that is a true comfort and feel like you have the best caregivers and cheerleaders in your corner, yet never feel judged. You will also never feel rushed. In the face of US healthcare today, where numbers, production and money always seem to come first, Dr. Fader and Johns Hopkins are defying that model and keeping quality patient care and relationships as the apex of their work. You might wait a little for your appointments, but “good things come to those who wait.”
Marie Sharp – Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader has been my provider for the past 7 years when I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in my 30s. She helped me come up with a holistic plan that was best for me and has continued to provide top level care in my follow up visits and surgeries. She has the BEST bedside manner of any physician I have ever seen. She also has incredible clinical insight and surgical skills. She is the unicorn in the Oncology world, in my opinion. I would recommend her over and over again.
  • Long wait times
Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
I agree with all the positive reviews of Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader. I was diagnosed with an ovarian mass in the middle of the CIVID19 crisis, which added additional anxiety to an already extremely scary time in my life. Dr Fader and her entire team are amazing. She is an excellent surgeon, explains the diagnosis, procedure and recovery in a way that is clear and understandable. Since family members were not allowed to be in the building during my initial exam and the explanation of my surgery, she suggested having my husband and daughter call in so they could hear our conversation and ask their questions. Dr Fader helped me get through a very scary time and her staff answered all of my questions and returned every call quickly and professionally. I am greatful to Dr Fader and her staff and feel comfort in knowing that I will be seeing them regularly as a following up to my surgery and my diagnosis.
JO – Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
When it was found that I had a large mass in my abdomen, a dear friend who is a physician helped me locate the best gynecological oncologist. He recommended Dr Amanda Nickles Fader. I had the fortune of being under the care of Dr Fader recently for what turned out to be a rare cancer, not gyn in origin. She consulted another oncologist during my surgery for future care. I will be forever grateful for Dr Fader's expertise and surgical skill. From the first appointment and through post-surgical appointments with Dr Fader, I have felt her compassion and kindness. She took time to explain to me every step of the process leading up to and after my surgery. After Dr Fader removed my tumors, she and her nurse repeatedly called me to see how I was recovering. I feel that Dr Fader really cares about her patients. She has asked me to keep in touch and let her know how my next step goes and how I’m doing. I believe Dr Fader is a highly skilled surgeon and an incredibly compassionate doctor!
Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Dr. Nichols Fader is a skilled, compassionate surgeon. My total laparoscopic hysterectomy with Dr. Fader at Johns Hopkins was successful and well tolerated, without the need for heavy pain meds. Dr. Fader is caring, compassionate and available for her patients. She is also willing to consider the patient's wishes and concerns as together they explore care options. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Fader.
Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
From the moment I met Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, I knew she would be the best surgeon for me. I researched her articles/medical studies and found her to be the perfect match for my medical issue. She never disappointed me; she was always making sure that my care was top notch. Her medical team kept me informed during the whole medical process and a special acknowledgment goes out to Nurse Kelly who works tirelessly in the background. Thank for all your efforts Dr. Fader, you and your medical team are the best ever.
Lizzy Liz K. – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Very excellent, brilliant and supportive physician. Explains very clearly and compassionately.
Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader is the complete package...I am thankful I selected her to be my doctor at Johns Hopkins. She is down to earth, warm, caring, and knowledgeable which is very reassuring in the specialty of oncology. Too bad she cannot be cloned as further she is a gifted surgeon.
Jan 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
I love Dr. Fader and her staff. I have suffered for over a year with severe bleeding, transfusions, multiple treatments, useless medicines, pain and tears before my GYN finally referred me to Fader due to CAH. Dr. Fader knew my records when I first met her, at this point I had been bleeding for over 30 days. She listened to me, her staff listened to me. Finally people that cared and understood! Interns, nurses-everyone. I knew that a hysterectomy was the only option left for me and after Dr. Faders reviews she was the only one I trusted with this. She performed a robotic assisted hysterectomy. The surgery was tedious and took longer then expected because of my enlarged uterus and weight. She could have made the huge abdominal incision which I was terrified of but she didn't. They worked through it and I came out bleeding LESS then I did when I went it. I returned to work in 2 weeks. This is going into my 4th wk, while steal healing I feel amazing and stronger then I have in a year.
Leah H. – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader is the best!! I was diagnosed with advanced stage ovarian cancer in March of 2018. The local oncologist in DE was hesitant to do surgery, fearing liver involvement, and wanted me to start chemo first and then have surgery, followed by more chemo. I got a second opinion, and Dr. Fader said she could handle it. After debulking surgery, followed by chemo, I have been cancer-free for a year and a half. She is truly a leader in her field. As a bonus, her bedside manner is phenomenal - she's caring, positive and professional, as are the staff in her office.
Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
I was diagnosed 3.5 years ago with metastatic Ovarian Cancer. When I met Dr. Fader, she immediately explained the results of my cat scan and right away recommended surgery. She has, in my opinion, become my angel. Not only was she extremely skilled in her surgical profession, but also she had this amazing bedside manner and i felt that she truly cared and was completely compassionate with my every need. Even though the surgery was very long and difficult (11hrs.) due to some complications, Dr. Fader assured me that everything went well and that she was able to remove all of the cancer that she could see with her human eye. Her staff, department team, and nurses were all professional and very caring. I can't say enough positive things being under Dr. Nickles Fader's care I feel so grateful for everything that she has done and continues to do for me. Without a doubt, Dr. Fader is the BEST and I would highly recommend her without any hesitation.
Abbey H. – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
It was scary being diagnosed on 6/10/19 with a potentially cancerous large ovarian cyst. Fortunately, I was referred to Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader, to whom I am extremely grateful, and whom I would whole-heartedly recommend to anyone needing a gynecologic oncologist. On 7/3/19 Dr Fader performed surgery and laparoscopically removed the massive cyst, in addition to performing a total hysterectomy. The surgery and recovery have been more that I could hope for, which I attribute to the expertise and excellent care I received from Dr. Fader and her wonderful team. Dr. Fader is very skilled and knows how to make her patients feel relaxed. She is kind, warm and competent; just what I needed to get me through this unexpected challenge.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
B. Marron – Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
I recently had surgery with Dr Fader and her team where they removed a very large uterine mass. My experience with Dr Fader and her team was excellent not only is Dr. Fader and her team experts in their field, but, they are very caring as well. Dr Fader was very warm and caring and took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend Dr. Fader and her team to anyone needing GYN surgery.
Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Dr Fader was kind, efficient, and very competent especially in light of rare diagnosis of vulvar cancer. She also was concerned for my family and listened to my particular concerns.
Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader has such a wonderful bedside manner and she put me immediately at ease when I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. She performed my hysterectomy using robotic techniques that made my recovery so much easier. She is kind and caring and very knowledgable. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing gynecological oncology treatment. I am thankful that God led me to Dr. Fader.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Fader’s for the past six years. At the age of 26, I was diagnosed with an uncommon ovarian cancer. At every step of my treatment and monitoring, she has communicated exactly what I should expect and made sure I don't have any questions. When I had an unexpected reoccurrence, she consulted with other oncologists across the country to identify the best treatment options. She is a highly skilled and dedicated surgeon and oncologist with a WONDERFUL bedside manner.
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?
Dr. Fader was amazing. She is really smart, saw us quickly, did a great surgery (saved my daughter's ovary!) and had such a kind and caring bedside manner. I have already recommended her to someone else and can't say enough good things about her. We feel so fortunate to have been connected to her.
Nancy in Baltimore, MD – Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amanda Fader, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fader?