Dr. Amalanshu Jha, MD

Dr. Amalanshu Jha, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Amalanshu Jha, MD is a general surgery specialist in Beverly, MA and has been practicing for 8 years. He specializes in general surgery.Read his story

Essex Surgical Associates, PC

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Jha

See how frequently Dr. Jha performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abdominal Disorders
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Jha's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Jha's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jha "I was born in Bhagalpur - a small town in India. Human suffering has always moved me. It prompted me to become a doctor. I am the first in my family in this profession. My parents and family members take enormous pride in my achievements. I love teaching. My family has been in the profession of teachers for at least 8 to 9 generations that I am aware of. I love to teach young minds - be it my children, my juniors and resident doctors who come to me during their rotations, or just speaking to and making my patients understand their disease process and treatment approach. I was awarded best resident teacher by the medical students of Albert Einstein College of Medicine during my residency. During my medical school, I was the recipient of Sucheta Kriplani award for best medical student in the discipline of Surgery in my final year of med school."

This content was provided by Dr. Jha "I consider my patients as my own family members and keep my standards of care and empathy as I would have while interacting with my family. I love to talk to my patients and explain in easy and common language with lots of diagrams of their clinical condition and treatment / surgical approach. I would ensure that patients have complete understanding of their clinical situation before they agree to the treatment or even if they don't want the treatment.

Every day is a new day for me. I take every clinical condition with a fresh mind with openness to the numerous variants of normal anatomy and physiology which is not an exception but a norm of health sciences.

My happiness and satisfaction is enormous when I see my patients get well and come to see me. My aim is to restore my patients to a fully functional state so that they are back to their loving family and able to engage in productive work as before their illness."

• General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• UCMS and GTB
  • Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Bronx-Lebanon Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Jha has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jha does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jha and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Beverly Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Jha is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Jha's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jha to family and friends