Dr. Amada Almase, MD

11 Reviews
Dr. Almase

Nort Suite 250

1400 Bristol St N Ste 250 Newport Beach, CA 92660

Dr. Amada Almase, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Newport Beach, CA. She specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Almase accepts

Dr. Almase accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Select PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Almase's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Almase's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Autism
  • Confusion
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Almase's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Almase?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

Terms and conditions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Almase

3.2

Dr. Almase?
Dr. Almase's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amada Almase, MD
I DO NOT recommend Dr. Almase. I have been treated by her on and off for about 10 years and her bedside manner has become terrible. She is aggressive and unprofessional, over-prescribes medications, switches medications constantly, ignores phone calls, is 20-30 minutes late for almost every appointment and her scheduling service only responds after 1-3 follow up calls. During transition(s) from one medication to another, I would call her for medical assistance because the medication wasn't working and as a result I was having a hard time making it through the day, distraught. She would at times return the call, other times I would have to call several times in order to get a return call (after the 48-hour time frame) and the second to last time I called her she berated me and told me I couldn't continue to call her every couple weeks, even though SHE was the one prescribing the medication(s) that wasn't working. She never returned the last call I made to her when I was suffering imm
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amada Almase, MD?
Keeps prescribing incredibly low doses of medication even though I have said for over a year that the medication is not effective, this doctor is terrible avoid at all cost.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amada Almase, MD?
Avoid! She is an aggressive pill pusher and her bedside manner is lacking. I've been on the same low dose of an antidepressant for years and didn't want to change, but she suggested changes at every appointment. The final straw came when I sent her an email asking her process on having some paperwork filled out for my employer. Her response was to berate me for sending confidential information via email (what??) and say she would only fill out the paperwork if I was going to increase my meds!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amada Almase, MD?
Dr. Amada Almase is an excellent psychiatrist. She takes ample time to talk with my son and offers suggestions and solutions at every session. Dr. Almase never rushes a session! She goes slowly and carefully, making sure everything is understood before ending the time together. Her scheduler is very courteous on the phone; helpful, as well. I highly recommend Dr. Almase to you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amada Almase, MD?
Dr. Almase has been wonderful. Finding a good psychiatrist for your child or teen can be daunting. Most want to over Medicate and don't have a therapeutic component to their practice. She has shown to take the time for my daughter and treat her with the goal of dealing with her anxiety with medication temporarily and long term being able to manage on her own. She's been a blessing !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amada Almase, MD?
Dr Almase goes above and beyond for my son. I sit in on all sessions with him and she is always proactive in treating him and not just trying to medicate his issues. There are times when she will squeeze us in for an urgent matter, as well as go over our hour when a problem needs resolving. As a parent, it can be overwhelming to navigate psychiatry for your child- Dr Almase makes a point of discussing our family needs and making sure that my husband and I feel like she is our ally.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amada Almase, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Almase?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry