Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD

Allergy & ImmunologyMaleAge 57

Allergy & Immunology

Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD is an Allergy & Immunology Specialist in Towson, MD and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sanico has extensive experience in Environmental Allergies. He graduated from University Of The City Of Manila, College Of Medicine in 1991. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD
6535 N Charles St Ste 200 Towson, MD 21204
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

• Offers Telehealth

Get better prescription prices

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Frequently Treated by Dr. Sanico

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sanico treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sanico treats other conditions, please contact the office at (410) 583-8393.

Environmental Allergies

Compare with other Environmental Allergies specialists.

Dr. Sanico is experienced in the area of Environmental Allergies. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

• Anaphylaxis
  • Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Blood Allergy Testing
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoprovocation Test
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Dermatitis
  • Skin Testing and Screening
  • Sulfonamide Allergy
  • Toxic Effect of Venom

Dr. Sanico accepts

Dr. Sanico accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Sanico's Reviews

Great experience
My experience was beyond what I could have ever expected with both Dr. Sanico and his staff. They were attentive and very friendly. Dr. Sanico spent a lot of time talking with me and encouraged questions (not something you get everywhere). He made me feel comfortable and was extremely thorough. An added bonus was his personality, which may not mean a lot to some people but it meant something to me. So far best experience I've ever had with a Physician!
sandy tracey – Jul 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
Dr. Sanico is the absolute best doctor I have ever gone to in my life. He is an excpetional doctor with a very professional office staff. I stared going to Dr. Sanico and the Asthma Allergy practice he runs about 5 years ago. What I find most exceptional about Dr. Sanico is that he is very, very thorough. He analyzes my chart and he asks a lot of questions and takes notes --he studies my history and genuinely shows care and concern and wants to improve my breathing and quality of life. He looks for patterns and takes his job very seriously. I started going to Dr. Sanico when I heard about a work colleague who almost died of an asthma related episode. Essentially, Dr. Sanico saved her life and has cared for her since. That inspired me to go to him, and I am so glad I did. I would highly recommend any patient go ASAP and Dr. Sanico. You will feel comforted that you are in the care of a very committed professional who cares.
Mary Lynne Mullican – Jan 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
I've seen Dr. Sanico twice within the last year, and I will not be going back to him again. I've been having random breakouts and swelling of my lips and eyes. He did some basic testing on the first visit that didn't yield any results. I went back a few days ago, because I had another episode. The entire time, he kept talking over me, or changing the subject. I didn't feel like he listened to or acknowledged my concerns. Having unknown reactions is scary; and I need a doctor that will listen, answer questions and show concern
Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Sanico for allergies and asthma now for about five years. I am from the midwest, and we moved here in my late 40s. My allergies are off the charts. But Dr. Sanico and his staff have been beyond kind, concerned and easy to work with. Appointments are easy to get scheduled, refills get done, billing is easy to deal with, and they are efficient. Moreover, his care is beyond wonderful. Can't say enough nice stuff about him and the staff.
Stu – Jun 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
I don’t recommend this Dr. Always was in a hurry, didn’t listen well and kept changing the subject. He pushed Flonase on me which didn’t go well for me. When I told him this on my follow up visit he kept saying-“I never heard of this “ and kept shoving a laminated sheet with similar meds in my face. Obviously he wasn’t listening. When I brought up my Flonase experience to a few friends over the next couple of months 2 of them said they had the same reaction as me to Flonase, that it felt like their heart was going to flip out of their chest, one contemplated going to the ER. That was my last visit with him.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Joe. Towson MD – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
I love Dr Sanico, he is friendly and caring. Scheduling easy, staff great.
D.Walker – Sep 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
I just had an appointment with Dr. Sanico. I felt he rushed my appointment. When he asked me a question, if I tried to answer it with more than a couple of words, he interrupted me and talked over me. I wouldn't go back.
Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
I was trying to give this doc the benefit of the doubt with my first visit in which I wasn't too fond of how he treated me then....but now I see he doesn't have my best interest at heart. I am just another number(patient) to him. My asthma constantly keeps me coughing and shortness of breath even before this coronavirus has hit the US so I am more worried about my health. I have had multiple times where I needed to go to the ER and urgent care because of it. He doesn't want to write up a doctor's note so that I can telework due to the coronavirus (which is allowed at my job if I have a condition such as asthma or any underlying disease) because he isn't sure I have asthma, but wants me to continue to use my asthma medication. Well then why do you have me continuing to use my asthma medication if you aren't sure I have asthma? His explanation for anything is confusing. I miss my old doctor...good doctor's who actually care about their patients health are hard to come by nowadays.
Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
I visited Dr. Sanico for the first time last month. While he seemed knowledgeable, he did not listen to me and my concerns, and promptly went off to treat another issue that I did not come in to see him for. I've had a longstanding medical issue, that is causing me extreme discomfort, and he didn't want to address it at all, he merely shrugged it off and didn't listen to what I was telling him. Based on my experience, I did not return for any further appointments.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Silver Spring, MD – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD?
I was under the care of another Asthma specialist for several years. However, I felt that not only was I not improving to my satisfaction-- my former doctor did not communicate well and explain what was actually going on during my visits. I switched to Dr. Sanico after learning how he helped someone I know. I am extremely pleased with my results and he always explains and shows me what is actually happening.
E. J. Overbeck-Geller in Baltimore, MD – Oct 10, 2016