Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD

Allergy & AsthmaMaleAge 56

Dr. Alvin Sanico, MD is a Allergy & Asthma Specialist in Towson, MD and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sanico has more experience with Environmental Allergies than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of The City Of Manila, College Of Medicine medical school in 1991. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sanico to book an appointment.

Mark H. Lowitt MD LLC

6535 N Charles St Ste 200 Towson, MD 21204
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Allergy & Asthma Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Frequently Treated by Dr. Sanico

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sanico treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sanico treats other conditions, please contact the office at (410) 583-8393.

Environmental Allergies

Compare with other Environmental Allergies specialists.

Dr. Sanico is experienced in the area of Environmental Allergies. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

• Anaphylaxis
  • Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Blood Allergy Testing
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoprovocation Test
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Dermatitis
  • Skin Testing and Screening
  • Sulfonamide Allergy
  • Toxic Effect of Venom

Dr. Sanico accepts

Dr. Sanico accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

3.1

47.61904761904762%
4.761904761904762%

Dr. Sanico
I've seen Dr. Sanico twice within the last year, and I will not be going back to him again. I've been having random breakouts and swelling of my lips and eyes. He did some basic testing on the first visit that didn't yield any results. I went back a few days ago, because I had another episode. The entire time, he kept talking over me, or changing the subject. I didn't feel like he listened to or acknowledged my concerns. Having unknown reactions is scary; and I need a doctor that will listen, answer questions and show concern
Sep 10, 2021
I have been seeing Dr. Sanico for allergies and asthma now for about five years. I am from the midwest, and we moved here in my late 40s. My allergies are off the charts. But Dr. Sanico and his staff have been beyond kind, concerned and easy to work with. Appointments are easy to get scheduled, refills get done, billing is easy to deal with, and they are efficient. Moreover, his care is beyond wonderful. Can't say enough nice stuff about him and the staff.
Stu – Jun 03, 2021
I don’t recommend this Dr. Always was in a hurry, didn’t listen well and kept changing the subject. He pushed Flonase on me which didn’t go well for me. When I told him this on my follow up visit he kept saying-“I never heard of this “ and kept shoving a laminated sheet with similar meds in my face. Obviously he wasn’t listening. When I brought up my Flonase experience to a few friends over the next couple of months 2 of them said they had the same reaction as me to Flonase, that it felt like their heart was going to flip out of their chest, one contemplated going to the ER. That was my last visit with him.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Joe. Towson MD – Apr 07, 2021
I just had an appointment with Dr. Sanico. I felt he rushed my appointment. When he asked me a question, if I tried to answer it with more than a couple of words, he interrupted me and talked over me. I wouldn't go back.
Jun 29, 2020
I was trying to give this doc the benefit of the doubt with my first visit in which I wasn't too fond of how he treated me then....but now I see he doesn't have my best interest at heart. I am just another number(patient) to him. My asthma constantly keeps me coughing and shortness of breath even before this coronavirus has hit the US so I am more worried about my health. I have had multiple times where I needed to go to the ER and urgent care because of it. He doesn't want to write up a doctor's note so that I can telework due to the coronavirus (which is allowed at my job if I have a condition such as asthma or any underlying disease) because he isn't sure I have asthma, but wants me to continue to use my asthma medication. Well then why do you have me continuing to use my asthma medication if you aren't sure I have asthma? His explanation for anything is confusing. I miss my old doctor...good doctor's who actually care about their patients health are hard to come by nowadays.
Mar 16, 2020
I visited Dr. Sanico for the first time last month. While he seemed knowledgeable, he did not listen to me and my concerns, and promptly went off to treat another issue that I did not come in to see him for. I've had a longstanding medical issue, that is causing me extreme discomfort, and he didn't want to address it at all, he merely shrugged it off and didn't listen to what I was telling him. Based on my experience, I did not return for any further appointments.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Silver Spring, MD – Jun 22, 2017
I was under the care of another Asthma specialist for several years. However, I felt that not only was I not improving to my satisfaction-- my former doctor did not communicate well and explain what was actually going on during my visits. I switched to Dr. Sanico after learning how he helped someone I know. I am extremely pleased with my results and he always explains and shows me what is actually happening.
E. J. Overbeck-Geller in Baltimore, MD – Oct 10, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Sanico?

• Allergy & Asthma

• Top Doctor published in Baltimore Magazine, 2010
  • Top Doctor in Baltimore-Washington, U.S. News & World Report, 2012

• Armed Against Allergies,
  • Is There Such a Thing as a Hypoallergenic Dog?,
  • Hampstead youth learns to live with asthma,
  • Taking a Mound of Salt,