Dr. Alvin Furuike, MD
Pulmonary Disease•Male•Age 72
Oncare Hawaii - Pob 1071329 Lusitana St Ste 107 Honolulu, HI 96813
Dr. Alvin Furuike, MD is a Pulmonologist in Honolulu, HI and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Furuike has more experience with Obstructive Lung Disease and Sleep Apnea than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of California School of Medicine - Los Angeles medical school in 1974. He is affiliated with The Queens Medical Center. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Furuike to book an appointment.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Pulmonologists in your area
At a Glance
- Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. • See reviews
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Hospital SatisfactionPatients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. • See hospitals
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Furuike
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Furuike treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Furuike treats other conditions, please contact the office at (808) 691-5201.
Obstructive Lung Disease
Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Furuike is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Furuike is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Furuike's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Furuike's conditions and procedures:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
- Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Influenza (Flu)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Low Blood Oxygen Level
- Lung Nodule
- Mycobacterial Lung Infection
- Partial Lung Collapse
- Pleural Effusion
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Failure
- Shortness of Breath
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Study
- Smoking Cessation Counseling
- Swine Flu
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Furuike accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Furuike accepts the following insurance:
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Hawaii Medical Service Association (HMSA)
- Federal Plan 87
- Health Plan Hawaii HMO
- HMSA Akamai Advantage (PPO and PPO SNP)
- Preferred Provider Plan PPO
- QUEST Integration