Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMale

Dr. Testa

Advanced Surgical Associates

2945 S Dobson Rd Mesa, AZ 85202

Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Mesa, AZ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Banner Desert Medical Center and Chandler Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Testa to book an appointment.

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Testa with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Testa's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Testa

3.6

Dr. Testa

Dr. Testa performed my breast reduction in June. He took the time to answer all of my questions at every visit and the surgery itself was very smooth. Recovery has been super easy and I’m very pleased with the results. I highly recommend Dr. Testa.
Aubrey – Jul 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
This Dr RUINED my breasts and a year of my life! I have bilateral breast surgery from Alvaro Testa Jr and he left me with lopsided, asymmetrical, sagging skin! I’ve had 3 plastic surgeons review my case to date all of which confirm that the surgery performed by Alvaro Testa Jr was extremely lacking in ability. I asked the Dr to fix the OBVIOUS mistakes and he was condescending and told me to get my priorities straight. He also told me that he was in capable of doing any better than he did. My Ariola’s are 2 inches different, my left implant hangs an inch and a half lower than the right, I have sagging skin on my right boob. I reached out to the CEO of Advanced Surgical Associates and requested a refund of the $7,000 that I paid and the CEO refused. The lack of skill set and empathy of Dr. Alvaro Testa Junior and Advanced Surgical Associates is absolutely repulsive and this entire company should be put out of business!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Liz – Jul 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
Fabulous care from this kind surgeon. A true expert in his field. Would highly recommend!
Connie - Paradise Valley – Jun 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
I was not satisfied with the care and surgeries I received with Dr. Testa. He and Angie are very pleasant, but too busy to take a breath and explain things. The whole office seems to always be in robot mode. If I knew which questions to ask, they were answered, but they do not proactively help you to understand your options and attend to you as a patient. It was a disappointing experience and I have found another plastic surgeon.
Sep 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
05/2018: Within 2 days of my breast reduction I knew something was wrong. My left breast was completely black and blue and I started bleeding out at every incision point. After multiple failed attempts to drain the hematoma, I continued to bleed for over a month, causing stretching, scarring and a deformed breast. After expressing concern about the obvious disproportion of my breast, I was told that because my areola expanded, it was giving the "illusion" that one breast was larger than the other. Dr. Testa went in and resized my left areola, which expanded again within weeks. They sent me to get a CT scan and an ultra sound- that left me with hundreds of dollars in additional medical bills. This experience completely drained my self confidence, but after two years of stuffing one side of my bra and hiding my breasts, I have finally saved up enough to get it corrected by another surgeon. Maybe I am just 1 of the unlucky ones, but I thought I owed it to others to share my experience
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
Dr. Testa did my breast reduction March of 2020. I’m a 28 year old woman, and while it was for medical reasons, I was concerned with the appearance of my breasts afterward. I am still somewhat young, and I wanted them to look nice lol. Well I must say, Dr. Testa did AMAZING! I’m very happy with my results. It has been 4 months since my breast reduction and I’ve healed so nicely. My incisions are nice and clean and can barely be seen in some areas. During my consultation Dr. Testa informed me that the biggest thing women talk about after breast reduction surgery is the scars. He prepared me 100%, but I’ve honestly healed so well that I have NO complaints. His team is also amazing! During aftercare I was taken care of so nicely and gently. They took a personal interest and managed my pain perfectly. I want to say thank you to Dr. Testa, Angie, Sarah and Camille. I’ve now been discharged from their care and set free with my new set of breasts lol. My entire experience was incredible!!
Shan – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
Dr. Testa operated on my daughter twice in March and I must say he is a wonderful, kind and gentle surgeon......We just are so impressed with his concern and manners. I would highly consider him as your surgeon if you need to.....My daughter is medically fragile and has seen many doctors over the years...... Some are concerned and listen and some just see you and are not caring at all... NOT the case with Dr. Testa.....Also a shout out to the whole staff there at the office.....Especially Angie his surgical assistant....We certainly appreciate all of you..
Lori and Pat Klingberg – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
My daughter was in an emergency situation with a dog bite to the face. United Healthcare recommended she follow up with Dr. Testa following her ER treatment to prevent scarring. We immediately called to set up a consultation and treatment and were referred to his nurse Angie for special scheduling. We were not given any assistance or consideration and she left a voice mail saying Dr. Testa would not available. No attempt to provide help of any kind! My daughter now has jagged scars developing on her face that could have easily been prevented with a 15-minute appointment and care plan.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
I had surgery 6 weeks ago with Dr. Testa and could not be happier with my results! Very easy recovery, free of complications! Dr. Testa is an amazing surgeon with an awesome staff! Highly recommend!
Sep 21, 2019
Wonderful hands down!!
Sara Aneston in Phoenix , AZ – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
Dr. Testa is a very Trustful Dr. My experience with my Reconstruction surgery due to Breast Cancer has been nothing but 10 Stars. I did hit a bump in the road due to my body. I was very pleased with the way Dr. Testa handled my issues. My recovery time wasn't bad since Dr. testa uses medications that will keep you comfortable for weeks after your surgery. Dr. Testa is a very patient man and doesn't rush to surgery till your body is ready for it.
Gilbert – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Testa and his right hand Angie and staff 200%. He is very hands on with explaining everything and helping you start to finish. He fights with you if needed on getting your insurance company to understand your surgery is needed medically not a luxury. He found a hernia repair was needed and fixed it too. If you want the Best, he is it!!
Tamberia Reeves in AZ – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Testa. He and his nurse are amazing. They answered all my questions and really took their time explaining my procedure. He was very caring and professional throughout my whole surgical process.
JMiller in Peoria, AZ – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
BEST surgeon out there!!! His is extremely caring and has been incredible to not only myself but to my intire family. Angie his assistant is fantastic and has become a very good friend!!! After having breast cancer, I can truly say they are the BEST!
Mar 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
I believe that the first infection I had was caused by Dr. Testa. The whole experience was not what I was told it would be. He has left my right breast deformed and not finished. He discharged me from his care on my last visit and didn't bother to tell me. I found out from staff when I called a couple of weeks later. My suggestion to anyone who goes to him is, document every visit, take pictures of what he does,, and request your patient reports from him.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Oct 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
I went to Dr.Testa for Removal of Breast implants with a lift and capselectomy. Few plastic surgeons stand behind Breast implant illness injury. Dr.Testa is on pur support group list. He was completely supportive and did a great job. I would highly recommend him especially as the trend to explant with qualified surgeons grows. Any doctor can put them in but Dr Testa is definitely top notch. I am in the medical profession as well and we all talk about who we would use. He is on that list
Andrea Garcia in Mesa, AZ – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
Dr. Testa is extremely kind. He is patient and willing to listen especially when problems arise from surgery.
Carolyn in Gilbert, AZ – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
I would recommend Dr Testa to anyone I know. Very personable very confident in his knowledge as a Doctor and my care. My care was his # 1 priority. Any questions I had his Assistant called me back right away to address my concerns. Very nice clean office with very friendly staff.
Carey Colletti in Apache Junction, AZ – Oct 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
Dr. Testa is kind and compassionate. He took the time to discuss my options for reconstruction. My daughter who never sees a male doctor felt comfortable enough when discussing my case to visit him in the future.
Michelle in Phoenix, AZ – Jul 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?
Dr. Testa is a very kind and caring Doctor. He always spends the amount of time needed with me and never rushes out to see anyone else. He really makes you feel like you are the most important patient he has. He listens to any and all concerns and really does everything in his power to make all reasonable requests possible. If you want the best, then you want this Doctor!
Nancy in Gilbert, AZ – Dec 17, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Testa, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Testa?

Quality, Compassionate and Excellent Surgical Care