Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD

Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD is a general surgery specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL and has been practicing for 13 years. He specializes in general surgery, cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery, and more.Read his story

Time Surgical

601 N Flamingo Rd Ste 308

Pembroke Pines, FL 33028

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • Medicare

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
AvMed
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Garcia's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Diverticulitis
  • Ductal Carcinoma in Situ
  • Endoscopic Sphincterotomy and Papillotomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Varicose Veins
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

I am a board certified General surgeon with fellowship training. I perform abdominal wall reconstruction of complex abdominal wall hernias , Colorectal surgery and I specialize in all areas of the abdominal wall reconstruction including , Robotic and minimally invasive techniques  My goal is to provide you with personalized care , Refine results and I strive for your satisfaction.

• General Surgery

Georgetown U MC
2001
Yale/U Conn
1997
Universidad Central De Venezuela--Luis Razetti, Escuela De Medicine Luis Razetti
1990
University of Miami
2006
2005
2001
1997
1990

• Italian

• Award from clinical research in colorectal Surgery, Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando, 2006
  • Ann Marie Award to Clinical presentation, Georgetown University, 2005

Dr. Garcia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Garcia

4.0

Dr. Garcia?
Dr. Garcia's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD
I went to see Dr. Garcia in January 2019 about a chronic condition from which I was experiencing. His bedside manner, reassurance and kindness were second to none. After careful examination, he recommended an outpatient surgery that has so far alleviated the condition. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I can’t really say a lot about him . I had huge expectations on this doctor . I haven’t seen him or heard from him since 30 min before surgery. Not one follow up call and forget about passing by to see you after surgery. Thank God procedure went fairly well because since I paid in advance for procedure he does not really need to talk to me . I m totally shock by the lack of humanity from this doctor. I think the before, procedure and after are important aspects of the patient and doctor relationships. I can’t say good things about him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr García performed double hernia operation on me very professional, facility was clean modern staff attentive was amazing, Dr has gentle touch unrushed and great bedside manner both pre-op and post-up, I highly recommend him and the staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Doctor Garcia was very nice and knowledgeable about my condition. He examined me and told me what I had in 5mins . Scheduled surgery, after the 20 minute surgery I felt fantastic.... I’m back to normal and wish I met this doctor a year ago.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr Garcia was wonderful to my husband. After confirming diagnosis, surgery to correct my husband’s pain and suffering was explained in detail, then scheduled. The staff was great, too. The surgery was just as Dr Garcia described it would be and my husband can now enjoy life again. Thank you so much Dr Alvaro Garcia! We are blessed to have met you! ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr. Alvaro Garcia is an amazing surgeon with a great bed side manner, a lovely office staff, and top notch surgery centers. Despite having a busy practice, his staff at both office locations is always hospitable and welcoming, and you will always be seen in timely fashion. I would be doing such an incredible disservice if I didn’t elaborate on our experience with Dr. Garcia and how lucky we were to find him, but suffice it to say that I would recommend him. See full review on other sites.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I am a 50 year old woman that was suffering from Fecal incontinence . My life was miserable. Dr Garcia Placed a Sacral Nerve Simulator . He explained to me with detail how the procedure was done and put me at ease . I no longer have fecal incontinence, I have my life back . I am so happy. I am so grateful to him for his excellent service , his besides manners and his surgical skills. I would recommend him without any Hesitation.
I has been a pleasure to be able to help you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr Garcia was able to treat my pain in the rectal area surgery . I recovered very fast and I no longer has any pain or discomfort . He explained to me how the surgery was done and all risk and benefits. I was very comfortable and at ease undergoing to the procedure, Bu they way he treated my father as well
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr Garcia was amazing, I had a ventral hernia and it was done very well, very nice healing and very little pain
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I could have nor asked for a better service, Dr make me feel better . I have been sick from my colon, He did a Robotic colectomy and did not have any pain, I am so much better now
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Great bedside manner and cares about his patients. A very good communicator and provides his patients with all the tools needed to make a decision.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I arrived at the office of Dr. Garcia for a second opinion because I had a complication due to a surgery that got infected. The infection lasted for 6 months without a solution. Dr. Garcia was very professional and caring and told me not to worry, he would help me with my problem. He was able to solve my problems with his correct methodology and returned me back to my normal life. Dr. Garcia is the best and I would highly recommend him.
Thank you for you kind words . It has been a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Helpful information in regards to Linx Surgery to share with other patients. Education yourself about the surgery your having done. Don't be scared to ask questions to your surgeon. Also ask what to except apart of recovering. Follow the directions that your doctors have given you. Every important after surgery to start eating small amounts of food. Start with yogurt-jello-pudding for the first 24 hours it will allow the Linx to open and close. It's very important to eat 4-6 small meals a day un
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I have only met with Dr. Garcia for a consult thus far. Preop and surgery are scheduled. This doctor and his staff are top notch. You will find a friendly and professional staff. By far, the most pleasant and positive doctor's office visit I have ever experienced. Felt very comfortable with this dotor. Looking forward to a successful surgery and will post again after follow-up visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Young, but super experience, I believe he saved my life, he found and fixed números problems in my colon, also visited me numerous times while my stay at the hospital, my pain was very minimal and my wounds are healing great, If you are looking for an experience surgeon look no further.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr.Garcia is one of the most approachable physicians I have ever consulted with. My concern was severity and difficulty in diagnosing as well, Dr. Garcia set my mind at ease, ordered tests, and assured me he would find it! He is one of those physicians that are innate healers, born to be in their field. I drive from the West coast to see him and it is worth every second of the trip. I assure anyone who has a difficult problem with abdominal issues, to visit this young, brilliant M.D
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Sorry I didn't see this space for comment on my first review. I put off my surgery for some time and just lived with my hemorrhoid issues. Then I could not any longer. I did my research and chose Dr Garcia for my operation. I am thankful that I did. HIs professionalism and bedside manner made the ordeal easier to manage. It not the easiest of subjects or procedures. My operation was over a year ago and I am glad to report, no issues. My life is much better now Thank you Dr. Garcia.
Thank you for kind comments. I am glad you are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I researched Dr. Garcia online after finding the surgeon I was referred to was on medical leave. I consider myself extremely picky when it comes to doctors & am delighted Dr. Garcia exceeded all my expectations. Dr. G is very attentive, thorough, compassionate, knowledgeable, informative, includes his patients in their care, doesn't make you feel rushed, & is down to earth. He cares for the whole patient. His bedside manner is exceptional. His office staff is extremely friendly & caring. A+++
It is my mission to help and make patients feel...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Garcia?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Garcia treats patients.

Memorial Hospital West