Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD

Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD

Colorectal Surgery •  Male • Age 47

Telehealth services available

Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Plantation General Hospital and Memorial Hospital Miramar. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Garcia to book an appointment.

Alvaro I Garcia, MD

New Patient?
Alvaro I Garcia, MD2253 N University Dr Pembroke Pines, FL 33024

Dr. Garcia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Garcia

4.1

20.512820512820515%

Dr. Garcia?
Excelente cirujano.muy profesional y amistoso. Demuestra mucha dedicación y experiencia con los pacientes.Su staff es muy bueno. Fui recientemente operado de hernia inguinal y lo recomiendo sin dudas...Robert Ravazzani
Robert Ravazzani – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Mi name is R. Ravazzani I have open inguinal hernia and Dr. Garcia did an excellent work. Well assisted, no pain and rapid recovery. I Recommend him with no doubts. He is also a great person, honet, friendly and very professional.
ROBERT RAVAZZANI – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I've had GI issues for years, where I chewed pepto bismol like it was candy. After ignoring the symptoms for years, I started having consistent abdominal pain and heartburn and through online reviews chose Dr. Garcia. I couldn't have made a better choice. His office staff is fantastic (shout out to Barbara and the other staff) and they worked to get me in quickly for a tele-visit during COVID a few days later. Dr. Garcia spent tons of time discussing with me my symptoms and reviewing previous medical history to ensure he had a complete view of my symptoms and decided to perform a HIDA scan of my gallbladder because he thought he noticed something on my CT (which I'll point out other doctors had said was normal). Dr. Garcia's hunch turned out to be correct and my gallbladder was operating at a very low percentage. Surgery went fantastic, no abdominal pain, and super minimal scarring at the tiny incisions a few weeks in. 5 Star Doctor - I only wish I could make him my PCP too!
Tanner – Jul 01, 2020
Dr. Garcia's Reply – Flag
Thank you so much . Stay well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr Garcia could not have been any better. I brought my wife to see him after she was in a car accident and the seatbelt ripped open s previously repaired Ventral Hernia. We drove over 140 miles from the other coast to see him. He spent a lot of time going over her injuries including a ultrasound which he explained very thoroughly. We scheduled the surgery and my wife just had the procedure. He came to the waiting room and explained the procedure and was very excited about how well it went. His bedside manner is second to none and I am so thankful I did research and found this very professional surgeon. Thanks Dr Garcia for taking such good care of my wife.
Gregory Solum – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I went to see Dr. Garcia in January 2019 about a chronic condition from which I was experiencing. His bedside manner, reassurance and kindness were second to none. After careful examination, he recommended an outpatient surgery that has so far alleviated the condition. I would highly recommend him.
Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I can’t really say a lot about him . I had huge expectations on this doctor . I haven’t seen him or heard from him since 30 min before surgery. Not one follow up call and forget about passing by to see you after surgery. Thank God procedure went fairly well because since I paid in advance for procedure he does not really need to talk to me . I m totally shock by the lack of humanity from this doctor. I think the before, procedure and after are important aspects of the patient and doctor relationships. I can’t say good things about him
Diana Giraldo in Aventura , FL – May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr García performed double hernia operation on me very professional, facility was clean modern staff attentive was amazing, Dr has gentle touch unrushed and great bedside manner both pre-op and post-up, I highly recommend him and the staff.
Victor in Miami, FL – Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Doctor Garcia was very nice and knowledgeable about my condition. He examined me and told me what I had in 5mins . Scheduled surgery, after the 20 minute surgery I felt fantastic.... I’m back to normal and wish I met this doctor a year ago.
Ken Wolf in Hollywood , FL – Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr Garcia was wonderful to my husband. After confirming diagnosis, surgery to correct my husband’s pain and suffering was explained in detail, then scheduled. The staff was great, too. The surgery was just as Dr Garcia described it would be and my husband can now enjoy life again. Thank you so much Dr Alvaro Garcia! We are blessed to have met you! ??
S Wolf in Hollywood , FL – Mar 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr. Alvaro Garcia is an amazing surgeon with a great bed side manner, a lovely office staff, and top notch surgery centers. Despite having a busy practice, his staff at both office locations is always hospitable and welcoming, and you will always be seen in timely fashion. I would be doing such an incredible disservice if I didn’t elaborate on our experience with Dr. Garcia and how lucky we were to find him, but suffice it to say that I would recommend him. See full review on other sites.
Stephanie Smith in Cooper City, FL – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I am a 50 year old woman that was suffering from Fecal incontinence . My life was miserable. Dr Garcia Placed a Sacral Nerve Simulator . He explained to me with detail how the procedure was done and put me at ease . I no longer have fecal incontinence, I have my life back . I am so happy. I am so grateful to him for his excellent service , his besides manners and his surgical skills. I would recommend him without any Hesitation.
Nohora in Pembroke Pines, FL – Sep 08, 2018
Dr. Garcia's Reply – Flag
I has been a pleasure to be able to help you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr Garcia was able to treat my pain in the rectal area surgery . I recovered very fast and I no longer has any pain or discomfort . He explained to me how the surgery was done and all risk and benefits. I was very comfortable and at ease undergoing to the procedure, Bu they way he treated my father as well
Lucy in Hialleah, FL – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr Garcia was amazing, I had a ventral hernia and it was done very well, very nice healing and very little pain
Mario Richards Varela in Miami – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Great bedside manner and cares about his patients. A very good communicator and provides his patients with all the tools needed to make a decision.
Peter – Jul 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I arrived at the office of Dr. Garcia for a second opinion because I had a complication due to a surgery that got infected. The infection lasted for 6 months without a solution. Dr. Garcia was very professional and caring and told me not to worry, he would help me with my problem. He was able to solve my problems with his correct methodology and returned me back to my normal life. Dr. Garcia is the best and I would highly recommend him.
Claritza Berroa in Hollywood – Jun 15, 2018
Thank you for you kind words . It has been a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Helpful information in regards to Linx Surgery to share with other patients. Education yourself about the surgery your having done. Don't be scared to ask questions to your surgeon. Also ask what to except apart of recovering. Follow the directions that your doctors have given you. Every important after surgery to start eating small amounts of food. Start with yogurt-jello-pudding for the first 24 hours it will allow the Linx to open and close. It's very important to eat 4-6 small meals a day un
Michelle Riggsby in Hollywood, FL – Jul 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
I have only met with Dr. Garcia for a consult thus far. Preop and surgery are scheduled. This doctor and his staff are top notch. You will find a friendly and professional staff. By far, the most pleasant and positive doctor's office visit I have ever experienced. Felt very comfortable with this dotor. Looking forward to a successful surgery and will post again after follow-up visit.
James in Clewiston, FL – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Young, but super experience, I believe he saved my life, he found and fixed números problems in my colon, also visited me numerous times while my stay at the hospital, my pain was very minimal and my wounds are healing great, If you are looking for an experience surgeon look no further.
Jaime A. Pinillos in Lake Placid, FL – Mar 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Dr.Garcia is one of the most approachable physicians I have ever consulted with. My concern was severity and difficulty in diagnosing as well, Dr. Garcia set my mind at ease, ordered tests, and assured me he would find it! He is one of those physicians that are innate healers, born to be in their field. I drive from the West coast to see him and it is worth every second of the trip. I assure anyone who has a difficult problem with abdominal issues, to visit this young, brilliant M.D
Laurie Cannon in Naples, Florida – Dec 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?
Sorry I didn't see this space for comment on my first review. I put off my surgery for some time and just lived with my hemorrhoid issues. Then I could not any longer. I did my research and chose Dr Garcia for my operation. I am thankful that I did. HIs professionalism and bedside manner made the ordeal easier to manage. It not the easiest of subjects or procedures. My operation was over a year ago and I am glad to report, no issues. My life is much better now Thank you Dr. Garcia.
Maurice D. Gerovitz in Miami, FL – Aug 29, 2016
Thank you for kind comments. I am glad you are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alvaro Garcia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Garcia?

Dr. Garcia accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Garcia has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(954) 251-1869Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Garcia's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Crohn's Disease
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Endoscopic Sphincterotomy and Papillotomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Laparotomy
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rigid Proctosigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Wound Repair

I am a board certified General surgeon with fellowship training. I perform abdominal wall reconstruction of complex abdominal wall hernias , Colorectal surgery and I specialize in all areas of the abdominal wall reconstruction including , Robotic and minimally invasive techniques  My goal is to provide you with personalized care , Refine results and I strive for your satisfaction.

• Colorectal Surgery

1990
University Of Miami

• Italian

• Ann Marie Award to Clinical presentation, Georgetown University, 2005
  • Award from clinical research in colorectal Surgery, Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando, 2006