Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy, MD

Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility doctor who practices in New York, NY. She is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

425 5th Ave Fl 3

New York, NY 10016

• Coventry Health Care of Delaware
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. O'Shaughnessy

Dr. O'Shaughnessy's Experience

Dr. O'Shaughnessy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

This content was provided by Dr. O'Shaughnessy "Dr. Althea O Shaughnessy, Medical Director of Princeton Center for Reproductive Medicine, obtained her medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and went on to do a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at The University of Connecticut School of Medicine. She completed a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology at Downstate Medical Center in New York City. Dr. O Shaughnessy, a board certified reproductive endocrinologist, has been treating women with reproductive hormonal disorders and infertility for over 18 years. Her new facility is located in Pennington, NJ. Areas Of Interest: Polycystic Ovarian Disease Endometriosis Infertility Fibroids Advanced Reproductive Techology Comprehensive Chromosomal Screening (PGD/PGS) Donor Egg Surrogacy IVF Awards: Castle Connelly Top Women s Doctor in NJ 2009 Castle Connelly Top Doctor in the nation 2010 Castle Connelly Top Women s Doctor in NJ 2012 Castle Connelly Top Reproductive Endocrinologist Metro Area 2013 Society Membership: American Society for Reproductive Medicine American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology Society for Advanced Reproductive Technology."

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Ultrasound, Pelvic

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Rochester
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • U Conn Hlth Ctr
  • Downstate Mc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. O'Shaughnessy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Shaughnessy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Shaughnessy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. O'Shaughnessy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Shaughnessy to family and friends
3.7
Dr. O'Shaughnessy's Performance
I hate doctors who just do whatever they want. Like they think patients don't know anything. I visited the doctor for my serious health issue, not for pregnancy, so obviously I thought she did the blood test to check if I have any disease. However, next time, I realized she did a genetic test from other company about if I would have normal babies. I didn't ask or plan to have babies. And now they ask $1000 for that test. Something is very wrong.
Brooklyn, NY |
horrible experience. i went in seeking guidance and answers about how to manage my fertility after a low amh test. i paid $450 for a consultation to basically be in a sales call for freezing my eggs. even though she explained it is ONLY an insurance policy and probably wouldn't work anyway. no compassion and made me feel stupid for asking questions about my cycle. i found an acupuncturist that has so much more compassionate about helping me preserve my fertility and know my own body.
in New York, NY |
Dr. O'Shaughnessy was the second doctor I went to. I left my first practice when I felt more like a number than a patient. Dr. O was the exact opposite. She was compassionate and good humored. She took the time to answer questions in person and over email and phone. She got back to me quickly. Because of Sher's policies, I got see her at every visit except two (one was a weekend and one she was on vacation). She even came in on her weekend off for my first egg retrieval procedure. Great doctor!!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I wish I had found Sher first. My husband and I had a wonderful experience with everyone there and highly recommend this practice. I had previously been to another clinic where I felt like part of a herd being shuffled in and out with no personalized care. Sher was the total opposite, from Yochana at the front desk to the office manager Jessica; but most importantly Dr. O'Shaughnessy and her team. Dr. O is a kind and warm person with an appropriate level of firmness and humor in her approach.
New York, NY |
Negative, so discouraging, and NO compassion. No eye contact. She looked straight ahead at the wall. She seemed more concerned with fixing her hairstyle then speaking to us. I was fighting back tears through entire consultation. She talked in a big circle until we finally read between the lines and realized she was telling me to stop trying for my own baby. She took a phone call without pardon. I'd write much more on the specifics but I'm only allowed limited characters to type here! Awful!
in Princeton, NJ |
The best! When other doctors give up - she keeps the patient going.
in New York, NY |
Does not respond to patient questions, does not ask for patient input/feedback before developing treatment plans, does not care about patient well being, very unpleasant manner
She is the epitome of not caring. It was purely a business transaction for her - the entire experience left a horrible taste in my mouth. Quite possibly the most uncaring robotic doctor to get in the worst possible aspect of medical health!
in NY |
Dr O is just wonderful.We needed to look at IVF and from the first appointment to the last, the experience was brilliant.She took time to listen to us and understand the challenges we had, went through all our options and helped guide us through the emotional journey.She was always there 24/7 to answer questions (no matter how silly), and if not in the office would reply to emails at all times.With her help we got pregnant on the first attempt. I can't speak more highly of her.
Have you seen Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Shaughnessy?

Visit Dr. O'Shaughnessy