Dr. Alpesh Shah, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 55 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Shah is truly a caring and knowledgeable doctor. I can't believe that anyone would call him rude or condescending. He performed rotator cuff surgery on me 6 months ago and today I am pain free with full range of motion. I have recommended him to my family. He is kind and shows care that you don't see in many doctors. I give him my highest recommendation.
Author:
Excellent Job! Dr. Shah repaired my right knee. Surgery and follow up were smooth and painless. Highly recommend him. He is a very relaxed easy speaking Dr. and will spend time with you. Thanks Dr. Shah
Author:
Very good. Very gentle giving knee shots and explained my condition very thoroughly and all my options.
Author:
Dr. Shah took great care of my son with his knee injury from football. Very thorough, professional as well as personable. Great combination.
Jerry, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We're glad to have provided you with excellent care!
Author:
Dr. Shah re-repaired a meniscus tear and Baker's Cyst, that was poorly repaired previously. After having issues for 4 years, I can now, after only a few weeks of recovery, go back to all my normal activities pain free aside from slight arthritis. I am a 54 y/o, overweight female. I am back to complete care of my livestock after only 2 months. Dr. Shah is not only a great surgeon, he has such a wonderful manner! He is kind and very easy to speak with. He is genuinely interested in your life
Author:
Dr. Shah was extremely professional and helpful when my 8 year-old son broke his collarbone!
Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Have a great day!
Author:
I have already recommended Dr. Shaw to my family and friends. My dad has had several appointments already with Dr. Shaw and was also very pleased with the care provided. Dr. Shaw listened carefully to my concerns and addressed each with expert advice and treatment. What most impressed me about Dr. Shaw is the attention he gave to my concerns. He always spoke with a genuine interest and was exceptionally patient and professional. He even shook my hand each visit - very rare today!
Hi Maria, Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it! Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!
Author:
True Professional, Took the time to answer my questions, made a spot on diagnosis. Gave me options and saw it through to the end.
We are glad we could help! We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us. Thank you for letting our team know how we did!
Author:
Dr. Shah took great care of my child. He was compassionate and understanding while addressing the issue and making my child better quickly.
Hello, we really appreciate your feedback! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!
Author:
DR SHAH WAS VERY THOROUGH IN EXPLAINING THE NATURE OF MY ILNESS - HE GAVE VERY IN DEPTH EXPLANATION ON THE CARE / WHAT MY LIMITATION WERE IN TERMS OF ACTIVITY AND TIME FRAME FOR HEALING .
Hi Carolyn, We are so happy to read such a great review about Dr. Shah! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!
Author:
Exceptional professionalism and skill. All questions were addressed and well explained. All aspects of surgery and surgical recovery were explained in full
Hi KC, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!
Author:
I first met Dr. Shah almost 20 years ago when I ruptured my Achilles Tendon. He operated on me and after all these years, I have felt no pain, no discomfort nor has my life been affected negatively in any way because of my injury and Dr. Shah's surgery. A few months ago, I suffered two tears in my left knee and have seen Dr. Shah several times about this injury which he properly diagnosed and sent me to physical therapy and the injury seems to be subsiding. I highly recommend Dr. Shah.
Hi Bernie, Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it! Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Shah. I originally saw a different Ortho, however, he didn't feel like I needed help with my shoulder and he dropped me. I saw Dr. Shah as a 2nd opinion and it was the best move I could have made. He fixed my shoulder and I couldn't be more grateful to how amazing he was. His patient care, his skill, his follow-up, there is no one better than him. It's because of him that I dont have any pain anymore, I have full ROM, im back to being myself. I'm very thankful for Dr. Shah
Hi Kristin, Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it! Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!
Author:
I am a patient of Dr Shah since 2016. Dr Shah is an amazing doctor, not only is he professional but he is also compassionate. Dr Shah takes his time and listen to your concerns and understanding the level of pain you are enduring. I couldn’t ask for a better doctor to repair my shoulder. I recommend to my husband, family and friends. They all praise his professionalism and sincerity. “Thank you Dr Shah, you are an AMAZING doctor. Your true patients know how awesome you are.”
Hi Paddy, We are so happy to read such a great review about Alpesh D. Shah, M.D.! Thank you for your recommendation, we are happy we have earned it! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!
Author:
Dr. Shah is an excellent knee specialist. He has treated 3 people in my family. He is personable and caring. He is very thorough and treated my daughter as he would a professional athlete.
Hi, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
Author:
rude and condescending. I would not recommend him or this practice. They consistently overbook appointments so the wait is usually about an hour.
We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent experience at Orlin & Cohen. Our commitment to providing the utmost in advanced, compassionate orthopedic care is very important to us. We have shared your disappointment with our staff and our Patient Relations Manager, Ashley. Please call Ashley at 516-536-2800 if you would like to further discuss your concerns.
Author:
His manner was condescending and nasty. If I am paying for a service I expect to be treated respectfully. I will not go back, nor would I recommend any practice that he is associated with.
Hi Beth, At Orlin & Cohen, we are committed to providing superior orthopedic care to every patient, every day. We, therefore, immediately alerted Dr. Shah to your concerns. Should you wish to speak further, please call Ashley, our Patient Relations Manager, at 516-536-2800.
Author:
Dr. Shah performed my rotator cuff repair in Oct. 2017. His kind and professional approach put me at ease and was the primary factor in my decision to have the surgery. He patiently answered all my questions and has guided my rehabilation. I am now almost fully recovered and I look forward to catching a big striped bass in the spring thanks to Dr. Shah.
Author:
I found Dr. Shah to be most encouraging from my first visit to his office. I sustained a water injury to my wrist and knee and he was highly recommended by my wrist doctor as the orthopedist to see for my knee injuries. Everytime i went for a follow up visit he was thorough in his explanation to me, showed me the x-rays and indicated how i was healing and was always willing and available to answer any questions i may have. I would recommend him to anyone and already recommended my brother in law
Author:
I have been a past patient of Dr. Shah for shoulder and knee issues. He is knowledgeable, patient, trustworthy and kind. Today, I took my 11yr old daughter in for a consultation and now I can say he is also amazing with children. He will always be my “go to” orthopedist for any issues moving forward. I highly recommend him to anyone reading this.
Hi Bill G., thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're happy we could meet your expectations!
Author:
I suffered from a fully torn ACL and partially torn meniscus. Dr. Shah was instrumental in my recovery. In addition to recommending the PT at Orlin Cohen/ Bohemia, he patiently explained what I was in store for regarding my recovery. He emphasized the importance of pre-op therapy, the details of my choices in surgery options, the devotion I needed to commit to for post-op therapy, and the long term recovery. He did the surgery and I'm now back to work. He is a gentleman and a true professional.
R.a., reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. Thank you again for leaving us this response!
Author:
Dr. Shah did some work on me recently., He was thorough, answered all questions, and was very pleasant.. I definitely recommend him,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit with Alpesh D. Shah, M.D.! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!
Author:
Definitely would recommend Dr. Shah. Happy with how he answered all my questions and explained everything clearly. Well organized office, very helpful staff.
Hi Linda, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!
Author:
Dr. Shah may have experience as a knee doctor. However, his bedside manner is unpleasant and condescending. If you are a patient that needs TLC and wants someone who treats the WHOLE person, not just the knee, DO NOT go to him. I would not recommend him at all.
Author:
Dr Shah is an excellent doctor who takes his time explaining options to his patients. His caring and expertise make me trust him and give me confidence in his recommended treatment. I will definitely recommend him to family and friends.
Hi Larry. On behalf of everyone at Orlin and Cohen and Dr. Shah, thank you for the kind words!
Author:
Dr. Shah has a God given talent. He is extremely patient and very knowledge in his field
Author:
Very Profesional and knowledgeable. I feel comfortable for his answers to my questions. I feel very secure to have him taken care of me and my family as a Doctor.