Family Medicine  |
Dr. Alpa Vadher, MD
Dr. Alpa Vadher is a Philadelphia local graduating from Girls' High School and then Temple University. She went onto receive her MD from Temple University School of Medicine in 1996 with honors and awards in Family Practice. She completed her residency at Hunterdon Medical Center in New Jersey and started with Colonial Family Practice in 1999 and is now one of the Board of Directors at Gateway. She is Board Certified in Family Medicine and a member of the American Medical Association, Chester County Society, Pennsylvania, and the American Academy of Family Physicians. She is fluent in Hindi and can speak some Gujarati and Spanish as well. In her free time, Dr. Vadher enjoys spending time with her family (three children who keep her busy), traveling, photography, gardening, dancing, cooking and arts and crafts. She enjoys educating patients about their illness with current evidence-based medicine and information technology. She was awarded the Patient's Choice Award in 2009-2017, the Most Compassionate Doctors Award in 2010 and 2014, and America's Best Physician award 2016-17 and featured in TodaysBestPhysicians. Her practice continues to grow and she enjoys seeing families and providing them with a full spectrum of care from newborns to gynecology to geriatrics. She enjoys women's health adolescent/pediatrics, dermatology, joint injections, travel and preventative medicine. She looks forward to meeting you and helping you improve your health together.

Colonial Family Practice

217 Reeceville Rd Ste A

Coatesville, PA 19320

• AARP
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Vadher

I believe in comprehensive compassionate care for the entire family using current edge technology and involving patients in their healthcare decisions.

Dr. Vadher's Experience

Dr. Vadher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Hypothyroidism
  • Impaired Glucose Tolerance
  • Metabolic Syndrome
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• Anoscopy
  • Skin Screenings
  • Sports Physical Examination
  • Travel Vaccination
  • Vision Screening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Temple Universtiy

• Patient's Choice Award, 2009
  • Patient's Choice Award, 2011
  • Patient's Choice Award, 2010
  • Patient's Choice Award, 2012

Dr. Vadher has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati
  • Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Vadher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vadher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vadher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vadher to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Vadher's Performance
West Chester, PA |
very disappointing. My uncle had scheduled with Dr. Vadher and seen her on least a half a dozen occasions. Suddenly, she apparently had the staff inform him that he needed to see one of the other providers in the practice. His health is not good, and I think she felt hassled having to take extra time with him. It was frustrating for him to have to switch after establishing with a doctor
Norristown, PA |
We travel over 30 miles to keep Dr. Vadher as the primary doctor. She really knows her stuff!! Recently my daughter visited the emergency room - and the next morning we received a call following up on her progress. She is a very good and knowledgeable doctor!
in Coatesville, PA |
I believe Dr. Vadher to be a knowledgeable diagnostician, kindly compassionate, and dedicated physician. When she says lets check this out it is based on me a an individual not just another step in the protocol.
in Coatesville, PA |
Dr. Vadher is wonderful! She is knowledgeable, thorough, professional (but not arrogant!), and supportive. I feel strongly about being an active participant in my health care, and I feel very comfortable in that respect with her. She is personable and always makes me feel at ease. When I've emailed her through the Patient Portal, she always responds promptly. I would recommend Dr. Vadher without hesitation for family, friends and new neighbors; and in fact, I already have!
Exton, PA |
I have been coming as a patient for many years..Dr. Alpa M. Vadher is an extremely well informed,caring and explains everything in detail. Her expertise goes beyond saying..I have always and still do get the best care possible..She is very compassionate and has always diagnosed me with extreme carefulness and on the spot. I would recommend her with no hesitation to my family, friends and anyone who needs the best.. always trustworthy. A+ rating.
in Downingtown, PA |
Dr. Vadher has been my family Dr. for 16 years. She is thorough and takes time to really listen. I trust her completely and have recommended her a number of times to friends and family looking for a Dr.
in Downingtown, PA |
My wife went to this Doctor and this Doctor referred my wife to a provider for physical therapy. The office coded the referral for TMJ. My wife does not have TMJ. The doctors office confirmed during my conversation that my wife does not have TMJ. So now, after the fact, the insurance company wont pay for the service because my wife does not have TMJ and the services were for TMJ and we are stuck with a $1200 bill. The PT provider said to have the doctor update the "code". She wont.
Coatesville, PA |
I have been going to Dr.Vadher for years and I think she is wonderful. She always listens to me and works with me to ensure I am getting the best medical care possible!
in Coatesville, PA |
i have been going to Dr. Vadher for over 12 years now. She is an Excellent doctor. She is #1 on my list. i have the utmost respect for her. She is very professional, and yet she feels like a friend. Never misses anything on physicals. Goes over everything with me in details, never rushes. Always on top of any new meds that i may need. I wouldn't trade her for anyone else. She doesn't deserve anything less than 5 stars. i wish i could give her 10 stars. Don't ever change you're the best.
in Sadsburyville, Pa |
I previously left a review for my experience with Dr. Vader and accidentally gave her a one star rating. It definitely should have been a five star. I would have given her more if it was possible.
in Coatesville, PA |
Dr. Vadher is by far one of the best physicians I've had the pleasure of having on "my team". She has received many awards, i.e., Bridges to Excellence Recognition, Patient's Choice (3 times). She is affiliated with Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital in Malvern as well as Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville, She is Board certified and specializes in Family Medicine. Since most of my family sees Dr. Vadher, she really is our family doctor. Dr. Vadher is very precise, and detail oriented. God Bless Her!
in Coatesville, PA |
I have been a patient with Dr. Vadher for almost three yeas. She has always been hospitable and is solving problems of mine that my former Dr. did not ever think of. I am feeling so much better with her. If i request a refill it is done promptly, or with an emergency call, she is always there to help solve my problem. I will be forever grateful for switching to Dr Vadher. PS. She is a very sweet and funny person that helps to relax me!
in Chester Springs, PA |
Dr. Vadher has been my Primary care Doctor for over 10 years. She listens well and makes recommendations and decisions based on my individual needs. Her explanations are always helpful and I highly trust her judgement.
in Downingtown, PA |
I had my annual physical with Dr. Vadher and was pleasantly surprised by how thorough the exam was.
Exton, PA |
Dr. Vadher is an excellent physician. She is kind, caring and extremely thorough. She has an excellent memory and remembers every detail of my life and health. She always reminds me to get important preventative health testing done.
Chester Springs, PA |
Makes time to listen to me, good bedside manner, intelligent, always helpful.
Have you seen Dr. Alpa Vadher, MD?
Are you Dr. Vadher?