Dr. Alok Sharan, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Sharan

Westmed Group

73 Market St Ste 201 Yonkers, NY 10710

Dr. Alok Sharan, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Yonkers, NY and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch in 2000 and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Sharan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sharan

4.4

Dr. Sharan?
Dr. Sharan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alok Sharan, MD
dr. sharan operated on me may 2 2019 for a cyst on discs l -2 and l -3 and a laminectomy I checked it to st. johns in Dobbs Ferry ny at 630a.m. and an hour later I was rolled in to operating prep. Around 830 after numbing from the waist down I was operated on . then to recovery and by 2 00 p. m. I was on my way home. recovery was amazingly fast and I was out and walking the next day and all the pain in my legs was completely gone . the hospital was great and dr. Sharan was terrific. I had a stenosis operation with full anesthesia. 6 years ago and the diifenece with this procedure is like night and day if you have stenosis `I continue to get better and better and can highly recommend both awake spinal surgery and dr. Sharan. . Robert Phillips
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
I was suffering from what I thought was a pulled muscle problem. I decide to find out what was going on and went to the doctor. After test and MRI, I was diagnosed with compressed disc disorder. I went thur the different treatments recommended by my doctor. With no relief. I decided to have the surgery. on March 14, 2019 Dr. Sharan and his surgical team preformed the spinal surgery. I had to stay overnight. The hospital was clean and comfortable the staff was awesome, friendly and there for me when needed. I went home the next day with all the instructions to get well. I am fully recovered and back to doing the things I enjoy doing which includes racketball. Thank you, job well done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Dr. Sharan performed Awake Spinal Fusion on me in January of this year. I was able to go,home the day of the surgery and I have had no pain at all since that time. Dr. Sharan worked with an outstanding group of nurses, anesthesiologists, and other doctors to give me the best care I have ever received! Dr. Sharan was professional, methodical, personable, and always available to answer all of my questions before and after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Sharan as a surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Dr. Sharan performed a Laminectomy on my lumbar. I would ABSOLUTELY DO THIS AGAIN. I am glad I met him. I highly recommend him and the Awake Sponal Procedure
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
I had a laminectomy and discectomy for a herniated disc at L5-S1 with Dr. Sharan eight days ago. He performed an “awake” spinal surgery. The surgery took about an hour but with the drugs I was given it felt like five minutes. I was able to go home same day. I only needed the prescribed pain meds for about four days. My recovery has been seamless and I’m ready to go back to work. I can’t recommend Dr. Sharan and the awake surgery enough. It really makes surgery seem like no big deal!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
My mom had awake spinal surgery performed by Dr. Sharan about 6 weeks ago. After years of suffering and fear of having back surgery, we found Dr. Sharon, what a blessing. Dr. Sharan and his entire team at St. John's, Dobbsferry hospital were all fantastic. The entire process was very comfortable and she was able to go home the same day and recoup in her own bed an surroundings. Cheers to Dr. Sharon and his team!! Liliana Feinberg (Mercedes Rosende's daughter)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
After years of back pain and one successful back surgery with Dr. Sharan, I was feeling immense pain on the other side of my back and immediately knew that I was going to need another surgery. At first I thought that I was going to need the same procedure that I had had two years earlier, but came to find out that one of my discs had completely deteriorated and I would need a replacement. Dr. Sharan recommended the Awake Spinal Fusion Surgery, stating that this would be the best course of acti
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Dr.sharan preformed miracles on my back, I had awake spinal surgery. So far so good, I feel 95% better since I’m still in the healing process. But I’m extremely happy with my expierence & my overall results
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
My experience with Dr.Sharon was far less than expectation. I had my surgery done with him in year 2014 and since then my life has not being together. While in the hospital and after the surgery, he never did call or visit me in my recovery room. I am surprised about his improved rating. I will give him one star rating for his poor performance on me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
I recent had pain down from my back to my feet. Dr. Sharan was wonderful. Quit but right to the point. He did an infusion to my disk in my back and infused it. I had an eperderow so I didn’t feel my waist down and was put in a light sleep. After the operation the Doctor came to see me I had aches in my legs so the hospital I stayed in was Dobbs Ferry they were very nice.Dr. Sharan wanted me to stay ahead of the pain.The nurses were great. Dr. Sharan was a wonderful surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
I had a spinal fusion in my lower back and was able to go home and walk up and down stairs the next day. I was particularly impressed with how patient Dr. Sharon was in clearly explaining - both before and after the surgery - what needed to be done and why, what my options were, and what was going to happen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Amazing, I recently had a Laminectomy performed by Dr. Alok Sharan. The ease of surgery, recovery and results is truely remarkable. If you are diagnosed as in need of such surgery the non-evasive procedures used by Dr Sharan is the way to go. Besides Dr. Sharan’s extraordinary skills, he is a caring and dedicated physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Talk to me for five minutes then walk his fingers from my neck to my lower back and told Me I need pain management. He didn’t do any mri or any other type of exam on me. I feel like he brush me to side and really didnt care for my complaints.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Dr. Sharan is one of the best doctors I've ever had. Excellent bedside manner, compassionate, and focused on his patients' well being. Always starts off with asking how I feel rather than controlling the conversation. His assistant Samantha is amazing, and both Dr. Sharan and Samantha are very responsive to my inquires/questions (normally respond to messages same day, and no more than 24 hours after). Additionally, Dr. Sharan is part of WestMed - the best practice I've ever dealt with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Family, friends, co workers and strangers, I can't say enough great things about Dr. Sharan. From the initial visit to post surgery follow up. He makes you feel you are the only one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
What can I say, I suffered from extreme pain for years after an injury at work. My spine, legs, buttocks and everything was so bad. I had the surgery to my lower spine in may and by July I was completely pain free. Yes...completely. I got my active lifestyle back and am looking forward to getting fit again. I really feel like there's nothing I can't do. He's brilliant, and very attentive and kind. I'm so pleased with my results. If you're contemplating this procedure, he's the one!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Dr. Sharan is a compassionate and knowledgeable surgeon. My Laminectomy was successfully done at Dobbs Ferry Hospital with no pain and minimal scarring. I was up and about the next day. I highly recommend him and have recommended him to a few people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Dr. Sharan was extremely helpful in every step of the process. He was super attentive and answered all of my questions/concerns right away. I can say that I now have no pain in my left leg. I was back to normal activities within a week.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
I had an a awake spinal infusion it was a great experience. Dr. Sharan talk with while he was operating. It was a great experience. Dr. Sharan is very caring gentle very thorough. Kind wonderful good listener. I will not go to any other orthopedic surgeon. Only Dr. Sharan. He has done four surgeries o me. I frist met him in 2010. I am very grateful way he has taking care of me. Thank you so much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Sharan after almost a year of suffering with a herniated disc and sciatic pain. Prior to my appointment, I invested countless time and money in chiropractor, physical therapy, and acupuncture treatments...nothing worked. I’m happy that I chose surgery and most importantly Dr. Sharan as my surgeon. From the consultation, to the surgery, to the post-op care he has been fantastic! I will continue to speak highly of him and refer potential patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sharan?

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

2001
2000
1996

Dr. Sharan accepts

Dr. Sharan accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth

Dr. Sharan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Back Pain

Dr. Sharan treats Back Pain more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Sharan treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Sharan treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Sharan treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

• Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high
high

Dr. Sharan treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Sharan treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

• Broken Neck
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion