Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Alok Sharan, MD
Dr. Alok Sharan, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Yonkers, NY. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Sharan is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center, St. John's Riverside Hospital Dobbs Ferry and White Plains Hospital.

73 Market St Ste 201

• MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Sharan

Dr. Sharan's Experience

Dr. Sharan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Boston University
  • Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Dartmouth
    Other Education | Completed 2015

Dr. Sharan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sharan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sharan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sharan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sharan to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Sharan's Performance
I have had lower back pain for many years and became well informed about how to best care for my back. Several years ago (2010) after another of many episodes of paralyzing back spasms I was told I needed a spinal fusion which required 6 weeks postoperative recovery and as a practicing physician I could not fathom taking more than 2 weeks. On 7/10/2017 I had a spinal fusion with Dr. Sharan under epidural anesthesia and was able to return to work 2 weeks later. No more debilitating spasms... :)
in Bronx, NY |
He's a wonderful doctor, who cares about his patients. I had surgery on my spine and recovered in 8 weeks. Right after surgery I was up and walking four hours later. His office is pleasant, his staff is professional, and they always call to confirm my appointment.
in Stamford, CT |
After 8 months of excruciating and unbearable lower back and side leg pains caused by a slipped disc; multiple pain meds, 2 spinal injections, physical therapy etc, I was finally referred to Dr Alok Sharan a very unassuming and caring doctor. My PCP recommended him. He allayed my pre-surgery fears with, "This is what I do for a living daily...you will be fine" Over the next few weeks, the surgery and recovery went well and I'm back to my normal life. I can't thank him enough! Highly recommended.
in Walden NY |
Good morning, My wife and I are in the St. John's Riverside Hospital in Dobbs Ferry , NY . Dr Sharan did a spinal fushion/lamenectimy. He also eased the nerve so my wifes feet would not continue to be numb. We absolutely adore the Doctor & his entire staff has been great from start to end. The Doctor is patient, kind, compassionate. Would you believe my wife is up and walking after 24 hrs. Thank you Doctor Sharan for everything. .
in Port Chester, NY |
After two years of dealing with significant arm pain and diminished use of my right arm I finally went for a surgery consult. Dr. Sharan explained the degenerative nature of my C5-C6 disc in an easy to understand manner and inspired confidence the fusion surgery would fix my neck/arm problem. He was 100% correct. Right after surgery my arm pain was gone. My neck and shoulders were sore for about 10 days; but, there was no arm pain. I can use a can opener again! :)
in Bronx, NY |
When I met Dr Sharan for the first time I knew he was the one I would trust to do my Spinal Fusion Surgery in 2012. We connected. The surgery was a success. I'm pain free and I got my livelihood back. I'm now 64 years old and retired with lots of energy to burn having fun with my 5 grandkids. Dr. Sharon is an angel from God sent to heal people with back problems ??
in Westchester , NY |
My pain management doctor suggested I get a second opinion after reading the first surgeon's report. When I met Dr. Sharan I was comforted by his 'bed side manner' and ability to clearly communicate the minimally invasive spinal fusion procedure. In April the operation was performed and in less than two weeks I am two inches taller, aligned, pain free (except at incision site) and ready to resume an active lifestyle. Dr. Sharan and the entire team are professional, courteous and caring.
in White Plains, NY |
I've always been active - marathon runner and cyclist. As I reached 70, I had severe pain in lower back. Injections, and PT made no difference. Surgery seemed inevitable. Dr. Sharan recommended the option of "minimally invasive surgery." No deep incisions; small punctures into the spinal area. He performed the surgery on 3/21/16. I left the hospital the next day. 11 days later - Friday, 4/1, I taught my 2 hour law school class. I moved around the room easily. No pain. Pretty miraculous.
in Bronx, NY |
I was in a vehicle accident a while ago. I saw and was treated by a number of Physicians. Recently i heard about West Med and Dr Sharan. I was seen by his associates witch led me to him. He diagnosed me, and recommended surgery. It was set up, completed, and finally over. All aspects of treatment from start to finish was great. I feel good. Worth it. I played golf but used to hit to the left. Since surgery I hit straight and far. I guess i needed an alignment. thank you.
Mount Vernon, NY |
Excellent surgeon! Two weeks recovery time and minimal scarring. I would recommend him to anyone who needs back surgery.
in Port Chester, New York |
I had spine surgery done by doctor Alok Sharan about 9 days ago. The experience at Dobbs Ferry Hospital was great all of the staff make you feel at home and the doctor does an amazing job. Would definitely recommend this doctor to anyone in need of spine surgery. The recovery process has been great thanks to the work and assistance of doctor Sharan.
in New Rochelle, NY |
Surgery went better than I thought I was in and out in a few hours The next day I was walking more than two miles back felt good
Ardsley, NY |
Minimally invasive laminectomy without general anesthesia produced immediate relief of symptoms, was walking/climbing stairs same day. Post op discomfort was only mild/moderate and resolved within 3 days. Dr. Sharan was accessible and responsive to any questions or concerns.
in New York, NY |
Dr Sharan was wonderful, I was in a ton of pain, he made a recommendation for surgery, explained clearly his viewpoint on the procedure, was thoughtful in his communication and approach. Before the surgery he introduced me to his team, they all came and introduced themselves and explained their part of the process and what to expect. After the surgery, he called me everyday for the first 3/4 days to make sure my recovery was happening according to plan. I have been nothing but impressed!
in Mamaroneck, NY |
I had spinal fusion with Dr. Sharan less than a week ago. His whole team at St. Johns, Dobbs Ferry was friendly, caring & most considerate from the moment I checked in until the time I left. After suffering lower back, buttock, & leg pain I can say I am pain free. I did not experience anything but some mild discomfort to date. I had no need for pain meds at all. He is caring, patient & very knowledgeable in his field & I would highly recommend him to anyone. I wish I had seen him sooner!!!!
in Bronx, NY |
I had pain and mobility problems due to spinal stenosis. Dr Sharan was great at explaining the procedure, risks and benefits of this procedure but even more important was his surgical performance. I was on my feet that same day, going for walks the next and moving pain free with no difficulties in a week.
in Bronx, NY |
I had 2 appointments with Dr. Sharan before my surgery, he made me feel so positive when he spoke about what he was going to do. I even emailed him a couple of times with questions and he responded within a few hours. He did my surgery 3 weeks ago, the following morning he called me to see how I was feeling and went over again the things I could and could't do ( that was on Friday ). On Monday I had a question and left a message that morning he called me back a couple of hours later. I cannot sa
in West Harrison, NY |
Dr. Sharon performed my spinal stenosis surgery and he and his entire staff are God Sent' Their professionalism is exceptional and beyond expectations. He is truly the best in the Industry. Anyone that decides to go thru life w/ the pain and discomfort that I had, until the operation is foolish. Dr. Sharon told me that my spinal stenosis would be a thing of the past after my procedure, and he is 100% right. Three weeks after the operation I was perfect. He is the best. !!
Bronx, NY |
The practice is excellent and Dr. Sharan is very professional, he took very good care of my Mom.
in New York, NY |
I can't say enough of what Dr Sharan has done for me. In a surgery that took less than 1 hour he made me pain free and changed my life.
in New York, NY |
I was suffering with pain for many years. Using a minimally invasive approach Dr Sharan was able to decompress my nerve and give me relief. I was walking a few hours after my surgery pain free.
in Edison, NJ |
Very thorough with perfection
in Bronx, NY |
I had surgery for spinal stenos. Dr Sharan performed the operation it was a complete success. An hour and 15 minutes after my leaving the operating room, I walked to my car and never look back. Great job. !!
in White Plains, NY |
Dr. Sharan is an outstanding, results oriented Orthopedist! He is extremely thorough and definitely takes time to make sure that my concerns are addressed. He then maps out a clear treatment plan - to get whatever is ailing me addressed and rectified. His calm, sincere demeanor is a tremendous plus, too. I would absolutely recommend him to my friends + family and in fact, I have done so. Dr. Sharan is a tremendous asset to the health care community!
New Rochelle, NY |
Dr. Sharan is a young, innovative, knowledgeable and caring. He has a quiet confidence that gives you trust in his clinical judgment. He did my operation on an outpatient basis with a spinal rather than under general: that's the wave of the future. I've had excellent results.
Have you seen Dr. Alok Sharan, MD?
Are you Dr. Sharan?

See our Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

Visit Dr. Sharan