Dr. Alok Jain, MD

Practices Psychiatry

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 41 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Jain is an excellent doctor. All the staff are friendly and helpful. A great experience!
Author:
Dr. Jain is amazing. My daughter's appointments are completed in a timely manner but never feel RUSHED. Dr. Jain is so pleasant and he actually cares that his patients feel well. He is NOT a pushover which I love about him. My daughter also adores him and he has been the only doctor that has really clicked with her. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
Very comfortable
Author:
Everyone in the office, including the doctor are so caring and accommodating. I highly recommend them. In a world where quality mental health care is so hard to find, my family feels so fortunate to have finally received an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan for my daughter.
Author:
Perfect! I could not ask for better. They are timely and prompt with their care. I am asked important questions my well being is clearly their priority I have a tendency to wander in conversation and they do not downplay or cut short my sometimes distracted talking lol informative to a T on what and why and unlike other professionals I’ve seen they do not shove medications that will “numb” and “zombie” away my life and who I am. I felt discouraged and doubted everywhere I went for help until I was referred here! If you feel the same way I did then don’t just take my word for it. Real paying patient real problems and I receive real care.
Author:
Dr Jaines is exceptional with his professionalism, compassion and care. He heard us and worked with us. He explained everything Including medication side effects.
Author:
We've been seeing Breanna and Alexandra, and are pleased with the service we've received. I love that its more kid friendly than other psychiatric places we have been to, with the different services they provide.
Author:
Staff is pleasant and accommodating. Appreciate Dr. Jain’s professionalism combined with care, individual interest and application of psychiatric knowledge of what combinations of treatment is best suited for me. I trust his judgment approach in addressing my concerns and progress.
Author:
A lot of the reviews I have read, I can completely relate to (little eye contact, reads from a screen, absolutely zero compassion for what you are going through, pushes many meds at you, inattentive and distracted during appointments, etc.). After my appointments, I would feel down and hopeless. He makes no attempt at talk therapy, encouragement, empowerment, or lifting you up — not even in the slightest bit. He is simply interested in meds and what I can assume is a paycheck. He criminalizes cannabis use and routinely drug screens you. He will ask you to sign a waiver saying you don’t use cannabis and will pull certain meds if you fail. My diagnosis was given very quickly and without much questioning as to my symptoms and behaviors (appointments never last longer than 10 minutes in my experience unless he has to leave the room or someone comes in to talk to him, which happened multiple times in a span of 6-8 months) and jumped straight to putting me on lithium. Compassionless and dry.
Author:
This place deserves a "minus" rating. Dr Jain is very arrogant and demeaning. He makes no eye contact and makes no attempt to get to the root of problems. In the 6 months I saw him, he never showed compassion. My last visit, I waited over an hour past my appt time. When I questioned this, he fired me. A mental health provider who is not able to deal with a patients anxiety over a long wait period...seriously!! Wasted my time and money when I could have been getting proper care elsewhere.
Author:
Only waited 5 min in waiting room, checked in quickly, nursing staff very friendly. Once checked in I only waited 5 min to get called back to an office. Listened to what I had to say, discussed if I saw any improvements, what I wanted to see happen, and what I could expect to see happen.
Author:
Bree saved my life. I never thought anyone would ever be able to help me with all my issues. She is kind and caring and she listens. I’ve found the whole staff to be exceptional! I’ve read some negative reviews on here but my experience is the complete opposite. You must be your own advocate until you find the place that feels like home. Thank you all for all you’ve done for me. Eternally grateful.
Author:
What a joke! He never looked me in the eye during my visit--which he was an hour and forty-five minutes late for. He read off the computer screen then sent me on my way with a handful of prescriptions. One of the prescriptions shot my blood sugar up but when I called about it he told me to keep taking it. I'm diabetic. Then there is the billing fiasco. My bill didn't reflect the amount I paid at the time of the visit. After calling for 3 months, and making a trip into the office, I get a hold of a very nice lady but she says the billing program isn't set up to show me what I'm charged, only what I owe. This is the most unprofessional provider I have ever had experience with.
Author:
Dr. Jain is very patient and listens to his patients. To provide you with the best care.
Author:
Did not see Dr. Jain; instead saw Breanna Jain, PMHNP. She was very professional, courteous and I felt our session went quite well
Author:
Dr. Jain was great with my brother, awesome experience!
Author:
I think I am in a vortex. I have nothing else to say that will not repeat the good words I have spoken already.
Author:
Very short wait time. Alexandra is knowledgable and friendly.
I am glad you had a positive experience we strive to offer immediate access
Author:
Love everyone in this office. They're all great!
Thank you! We hope to continue meeting your needs
He's a jerk.
Author:
Their office is the worst. I would not recommend my enemy to go here.
I am sorry you had a negative experience whereas we strive to make all patients happy we don't always succeed I wish you the best in finding a clinic that meets your expectations
Author:
Best in town, hands down!!
Author:
Doesn't listen to what is said and or care, I fired him and told him to wouldn't be back, has poor Dr. patient care and could care less what his patient has to say or if he endangers their health by taking of medication without weaning them off or weaning off at a reasonable mg rate.
This is not consistent with my practice model nor is it a situation I have encountered. In 20 plus years of practice safety is always my number one goal. I am sorry you feel this way.
Author:
I've never had a bad experience with Dr. Jain or Alisha Dean. They actually take the time to discuss ur problems, ask u questions and put u on the right medicine. I've been a patient of his since I was 22 off and on, I'm 37 now& I am glad to have had him.
Thank you for sharing your confidence in our team!
Author:
Dr. Jain is an awesome doctor and I highly recommend him he has helped me so much
Thank you for sharing your confidence we appreciate your kind words and are glad you are gaining from our clinic
Author:
One of the absolute worst experiences I have ever had. Placed me back on medication that didn’t work for me a year ago and when I commented on it I was ignored. Took me off medication that was working and prescribed a benzodiazepine. Absolutely disgusted.
We are sorry you had a negative impression. We strive to find the right medication combination for all patients but do not always succeed in making everyone happy. We wish you the best
Author:
Dr. Jain was my first psych doctor. He got me diagnosed and stable back in 02. When be went to inpatient only he pur me with someone else. I cried so hard bc o truly felt Jain had saved me and listened to what I said when I'd come in each month. Now I'm at a crossroads of needing a new doc again and want to see Jain but don't want to lose him in a few years. Much respect Dr. Jain!!!!!
Author:
Dr. Jain has saved my dad's life, now he's saved mine. He's amazing and I'll never see another psychiatrist as long as he's available. Thank you so much!
Author:
Dr Jain has been helping patients in the community for years. He is brilliant in psychiatry, and great with med management. He has saved a lot of lives, and I wouldn’t trust anyone more with my family. I don’t know what the person below is talking about because any good psychiatrist asks if a person is hearing voices, it’s routine. For those who have loved ones who do it’s a very real situation. Dr Jain helped us in a time of crisis and did more than anyone else was willing to do.
Author:
Jain likes to sneak up on people and ask repeatedly, "Do you hear voices?" He really tries to "talk" you into thinking you hear voices. Don't let him near any of your loved ones. He'll try to talk you into thinking that you "hear voices."
Author:
I have been to so many psychiatrists with my special needs son that I will tell you that Dr. Jain and Bree are the real deal! they are great they care and you are very lucky if you have them on your team!
Author:
Dr. Jain and Bree are the only team that has taken the time, care and persistenceo listen, diagnose and follow through to help my decades long battles with my issues! They are caring and amazing amazing, such gratitude to them!
We are glad you had a positive experience at our clinic and thank you for taking the time to write about it! We're a new practice and know positive experiences from our patients are the most realistic evaluation of our quality of care!