Dr. Allen Zieker, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 72

Dr. Zieker

Ophthalmic Consultants of the Capital Region

3 Atrium Dr Ste 100 Albany, NY 12205

Dr. Allen Zieker, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Albany, NY and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from Albany Medical College in 1975 and specializes in ophthalmology, cataract surgery, and more.

Dr. Zieker accepts

Dr. Zieker accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

• Cornea Surgery
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Ulcer
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

ALLEN W. ZIEKER, M.D. Dr. Allen Zieker has been in practice as an ophthalmologist for more than 33 years. Working with cataract patients is his passion; in fact,last year alone he performed more than 1,500 cataract surgeries. During his career, he ha...

• Ophthalmology

4.2

Dr. Zieker?
Dr. Zieker's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Allen Zieker, MD
The doctor performed cataract surgery on my right eye. Amazing job no pain and great vision.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Call Dr. Zieker and his team miracle workers:) I could not have hoped for a finer gift than that of the vision that I have been given. Dr. Zieker’s office shepherded me through the preoperative process seamlessly. They answered my questions readily and went out of their way to be available. The team at the Albany Regional Eye Surgery Center were proficient, professional and very kind. As stated, I could not be happier with my surgical experience and result. I recommend Dr. Zieker and his team most highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
I was examined and eventually had cataract surgery by Dr. Zieker. My experience with not only Dr. Zieker, but the entire staff, was excellent. All my questions were answered and I always had the ability to contact someone if an issue came up. The results are very good and I can see better than I could before. I highly recommend Dr. Zieker and his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Dr. Zieker is incredible! My father went to see him for a cataract removal. At the initial appointment, he took the time to explain his findings and lay out our options. He is so knowledgeable and speaks in easy-to-understand terms. My father elected to have the procedure done. His operation went perfectly, and his post-operative care was thorough. We both felt incredibly comfortable with Dr. Zieker and the staff and wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Dr. Zieker performed laser treatments on my eyes this month (he did the cataract surgery in December 2015) with very satisfactory results. He is very professional and also very pleasant. It was an experience I would recommend to any one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
very satisfied with Dr.Zieker and his staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Failed PRK surgery. Only left eye was done on June 2nd. 6 months later I still have awful astigmatism in that eye, was told by Dr.Zeiker he will no longer work on my eyes and has yet to refund even half of the $3,500 that was paid up front and in full for the cost of surgery for both eyes, which is not happening. Referred me to a different practice for a second opinion that is booked out 6 weeks in advance and won't give a prescription for glasses that can accommodate my current eyesight. I was
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
I want to thank Dr. Allan Zieker for his excellent work. Had an eye surgery (cataracts) in both eyes. And now after 45 years my eye side distance is perfect only need glasses for reading. ????????????????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
I had cataract surgery performed by Dr. Zieker. I highly recommend this doctor to perform this type of surgery. He was very professional and answered all by questions and because of his extensive experience in this type of condition I felt very confident.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Dr. Allen Zieker did a fantastic job. He removed the cataract in my right eye. He recommended that I use the toric lens to help with the astigmatism. I now have 20-20 vision in my eye and only need glasses for reading. He has an excellent staff. They are friendly, courteous and talented. He and his staff took their time to explain the procedure and recovery process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Dr.Allen Zieker knows his business,he did my cataract surgery,and to my amazement after 60 years of wearing glasses for distance,I have 20-20 vision,my mistake was not going for symphony lenses.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Having PRK (Lasik) corrective surgery with Dr. Allen Zieker at Ophthalmic Consultants of the Capital Region was one of the best choices I have ever made. My vision before surgery was terrible (-7.00 and then some) and I could not see anything but blurry colors without glasses. I can now see perfectly, 20/15, with no glasses or contacts. I had an amazing experience with Dr. Zieker and his staff at the offices I went to and the Albany Surgical Center where the operation was done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
I was very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Zieker. he took the time as well as his staff to explain the cataract surgery procedure and made sure that my questions were answered. He was very professional and friendly. I would recommend him to everyone I can tell. thank you Dr. Zieker
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
My vision was getting pretty bad, especially my night driving. I made an appointment with Dr. Allen Zieker upon a recommendation from a neighbor. What an amazing doctor! Love, love, love Dr. Zieker! He explained what was happening, gave me so many options and come to fnd out, I have cataracts. Dr. Zieker performed the surgery and it was so easy and painless! Thanks for giving my vision back!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Dr. Zieker was very kind and patient when answering all our questions regarding cataract surgery. I wish I had got the surgery done years ago. I see so much better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
I could not read without getting a debilitating headache. This lasted for four years. As an author, this was painful to endure. Following simple cataract surgery and a good prescription for reading glasses, I can read again. I have my life back! I only wish that Dr. Zeiker had done this sooner, rather than telling me I had other problems that cataract removal could not help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Dr.Zieker is professional and know less in cataract surgery. He ensures that you are educated prior to the procedure and provides thorough follow up after... He is kind, takes his time with you, answers all questions.. The office staff in Troy are amazing with great customer service .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?
Great doctor. I can see better now than I could 20 years ago. Nice, spent time with me to explain surgery. I'm very happy with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Zieker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zieker?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Zieker treats patients.