Family Medicine  |
Dr. Allen Fein, MD
My office is a generally happy and very well run Mom and Pop single Family Physician practice, thanks to an outstanding caring team, at this same Southampton Village location at 205 Windmill Lane, Suite A, since 2000, just next door to the Dog Park, and across the street from Tate's Bakery. I am a Clinical Asst Professor of Medicine/staff member at Stony Brook and also am a Full Attending at Southampton Hospital. Besides being Board Certified in Family Medicine, I am licensed to treat opioid use disorders in the office, and also able to give certificates for patients qualifying for medical marijuana. I provide other services in the office including medical acupuncture and immigration examinations. Minor office procedures like suture repair etc are handled in the office. My staff includes a fluently bilingual assistant, and I am multilingual. On most plans. Ready to local home visits as needed and if appropriate. Office hours Monday through Friday, with availability on an as needed basis on weekends and holidays.

ALLEN L FEIN MD

205 Windmill Ln Ste A

Southampton, NY 11968

Dr. Allen Fein, MD

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Fidelis Care
  • Locals (any local)
  • Neighborhood Health Plan
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Fein

Dr. Fein's Experience

Dr. Fein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Diabetes Medicine

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Outpatient Opioid Detoxification

No malpractice history found for New York.

• McGill U
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • McGill University / Faculty of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • McGill Jewish Genl Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1980

Dr. Fein has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Fein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fein to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Fein's Performance
in Baiting Hollow New York |
I think he's a great doctor I think he cares about people. I think the staff was very kind. I think he gives people chances and those people make mistakes as long as they're willing to make it right he is right behind you. I would recommend him definitely. He's an excellent doctor for drug abuse. He's very knowledgeable about it more so than any doctor I know. He's always looking to help the younger kids or adults that abused drugs. And he teaches you not to and how not to. I think he's an excel
Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I first meet Dr. Fine about 10 years ago when I woke up one hot July morning in a cold sweat 101-degree temp, with my teeth chattering. My wife called to find a doctor I could see. Plenty of docs would see me in Sept or Oct but none I could see right away. Dr. Fine office on hearing my symptoms made an appointment to see me that very afternoon. Immediately diagnosed tick disease. Then called back two other times to check how I was doing. I call that patient care
in Sag Harbor, NY |
Very unprofessional , arrogant and dismissing. Not very knowledgeable; he's a doctor on the east end of Long Island and knew very little about tick born illness!
Because this negative review comes anonymously, it is hard for me to respond. There are times unfortunately that I fail to meet some patient's expectations, as with this person. As far as tick born disease goes, all physicians are needing to know so much more. We lack adequate reliable diagnostic testing and treatment recommendations are a moving target. Sorry for your terrible office experience. Allen Fein MD
in Suffolk NY |
A much different view. Dr.Fein took a personal call for a few seconds, he also shares vacation photos and pictures of his family. I'm fine with that. All it does is build relationships, after all he knows plenty about me. As far as yelling across the office he has a sense of humor, it's a busy office with more laughter than anything else Scheduling, superb, always work around me His staff is amazing. They make me feel like family. This is a real office with real people who are busy but CARE!
Thank you for your positive feedback. The purpose of yelling is perhaps a bad unprofessional habit, but as a choral singer, my pitch is ok, and the requests for simply things like flu shots certainly is handled efficiently by my team. I will figure out how to use the intercom again!
in Southampton, NY |
Dr. Fein is constantly yelling at his staff. He yells at them across the entire buliding, he in his office and they're by the reception desk, not far but still ridiculous. He is completely unprofessional. In 3 appointments he was unable to complete my physical. The first time the nurse took gave me a questionnaire, my 2nd visit the nurse took blood and on the last he told me he was too sick and had to go, he then made plans on the phone to go out with his wife in front of me!
It is hard for me to be able to respond to anonymous comments. I do call out for simple items, like flu shots, and agree that though quite efficient, it is unprofessional, and such needs would be better handled by using the office intercom. Regarding 3 appointments for a physical: My office never hands out health questionaires. Physicals are often require a couple visits if time is an issue. My wife drives me when I am ill. Sorry for poor experiences with our generally very well run office.
in Hampton Bays, NY |
Dr. Fine told us to get a new doctor for my 98 yr. old mother because we could not get her to go to the office and asked about a home visit. She had been his patient for years. He was often very rude.
Having made about 2000 home visits in my more than 35 years in practice, I am surprised to read this negative and anonymous feedback. I am one of the very very few physicians who still make home visits. Reasons for not making a home visit are: Distance is too far for me to conveniently get to home. Patient needs services better provided in the ER. Patient does not meet Medicare requirements that they be homebound. I simply lack the time that day to make a home visit. Sorry for any rudness
in RIVERHEAD,NY |
THIS IS THE WORSE DR I EVER WENT TO HE THREW ME OUT OF THE OFFICE AND TOLD ME I DO NOT WANT YOU AS A PATIENT BECAUSE I CANNOT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE AFFINITY INSURANCE AND THEY ONLY PAY ME $10.00 AND THATS NOT ENOUGH GO FIND ANOTHER DR TO TAKE CARE OF YOU.
A few plans that I participate in are "Capitated" and these are Fidelis, Affinity and Health First. They pay a minimal amount (varies) per patient, one time each month to the physician, which covers all visits for the month. My overhead runs about 300 per hour. I cannot imagine that I was as vulgar about it as you claim. Patients are never given any explanation at all by these plans that they appear steered into and have no idea how physicians are compensated. I am sorry. Allen Fein MD
Have you seen Dr. Allen Fein, MD?

Visit Dr. Fein

Dr. Fein accepts 14 insurance carriers
    Aetna NAP
    Aetna PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO