Dr. Allen Dorsett, DO

Dr. Allen Dorsett, DO

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Allen Dorsett, DO is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Pasadena, TX. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Read his story

923 Pasadena Fwy

Pasadena, TX 77506

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Cigna-HealthSpring

Learn about Dr. Dorsett

See how frequently Dr. Dorsett performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
Chronic Pain
Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy

Dr. Dorsett's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Dorsett's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Dorsett "Dr. Dorsett is a board certified Pain Medicine specialist and board certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist. He was raised in Houston, Texas, where he was very active in the sporting community and then carried this passion to college playing baseball, graduated from Texas A&M University with a B.A. in Biology, and attended medical school at the University of North Texas-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, in Fort Worth, Texas. He completed his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation- a specialty that encompasses the diagnosis, recovery, and management of neurological and musculoskeletal injuries- at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He finalized his training by completing a fellowship in pain management from Georgia Pain Physicians in Marietta, Georgia. He is very pleased to call Houston home once more and has been practicing in the greater Houston area for more than 6 years."

This content was provided by Dr. Dorsett "Dr. Dorsett prides himself in providing quality, compassionate, state-of-the-art care, unique to the needs of each patient suffering from pain, through a multidisciplinary and specialty approach"

• Pain Medicine

• Chronic Pain
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

• Texas A&M University / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Univ North Tx Hlth Sci Ctr Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Dorsett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dorsett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dorsett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dorsett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dorsett to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Dorsett Says:

I am committed to helping acute and chronic pain sufferers improve their quality of life.

Dr. Dorsett's Performance
in Houston, TX |
I like Dr. Dorsett cause he do the things he do. I ask him things and he tell me some answers. He smile. He laugh. I like what his mouth do. I like it.
in Houston, TX |
I like this doctor he so nice he sit and talk and stand some and then he prescribes fun things and I eat them and feel better and then go back for more.
in Houston, TX |
When I first met with Dr. Dorsett I was taken away by his beauty. It was difficult to take him seriously, because he really is a man. As I was able to setting down, I also learned he is also a doctor. I felt bad objectifying him, but I am sure I am not the only one.
in Houston, TX |
I like Dr. Dorsett a lot and his staff is very nice to me every time I come there to get my pain treated. Thanks
in Houston, TX |
I had a really nice time visiting with this doctor over the past year in his office talking about my pain and my aches. He listens and dispenses good advice and feelies.
Baytown, TX |
I had a really great experience with Dr. Dorsett because I had a hand issue. I am much better now. Thanks!
in Houston, TX |
This is a very nice doctors office that I come to with my husband. He has back pain and they are interventionalist doctors that treat that sort of thing.
in Houston, TX |
What a nice young man. He is very charming and helpful. I heard about him through my bridge club and he and his staff are so sweet and helpful.
in Deer Park, TX |
Dr. Dorsett was nice and pulled my MRI up on a computer and actually showed it to me. I'd never seen that sort of thing before. His staff is also nice and very sweet. This is a smart doctor!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Dorsett has a nice demeanor and takes time to explain my health issues. I was referred to him by a family member who sees his partner Dr. Sheth. Both doctors are nice and are easy to talk to. My case is somewhat complicated so I am not going to go into all the details, but i am very happy with my level of service.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Dorsett exercised his right and refused to take my case. I was incredibly disappointed but thankful that if he felt he could not handle my case, he did not waste my time or his.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Dorsett is very young, but he does a good job. Sometimes I think that it is better when they first come out of medical school. But who knows. I really don't have anything bad to say about Dr. Dorsett. So that is a good thing.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Dorsett is a nice guy and helps me with my pain in back. He is always friendly has good advice.
in Cypress, TX |
If I could give 0 stars I would. I found this Dr's bedside manner to be extremely arrogant. His office staff was equally rude on the phone and in person.
in Mount Laurel, NJ |
I was venturing on a rural walk reminiscing about my past, when I happened upon a my good friend Squire Richards. We walked to a nearby hilltop from where we could see all over the country. It was such a magnificent view spread out beneath us. Green wheat, hedges and pastureland. But then, as I removed my binoculars, I suddenly lost my footing and injured my back. While visiting a long lost distant cousin in Houston, I made an appointment with Dr. Dorsett. He did an adequate job.
in Houston, TX |
This doctor does listen good and has helped me a over the years. He takes his time and explains things good. His staff is nice and I don't really know what else to say. It is a doctors office and he is a good doctor. Some of these people on here are drug seekers and they just be mad cause they want their candy! ha.
in Houston, TX |
His staff is very rude, incompetent and does not try to assist the patient. They did not verify the insurance info so I had to wait for them verify the info. Then I'm told I need a referral for PCP Doctor. Dr. Dorsett refused to speak with me. I was either schedule another appointment or go to the ER. Today I was suffering because the pain and no sleep for a few days form pain. I was in tears because no one would help. Dr. Dorsett sent his office manager to tell me reschedule so I left for ER.
in Pasadena TX |
Acted like he wanted to start a fight with me. Kept saying ( I don't know why your here!). After explaining it to him 6 times why I was there. I think he felt intimidated, some people feel like that around me until they actually talk to me and realize I'm down to earth. Worst so called doctor ever. Before I left, I requested my copies of my police report that I took in,(that's why I was there) due to the fact my pain medicine's were stolen. I don't recommend him or office. Dr. Dorset sucks!!!
in Pasadena, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Dorsett on and off for about 3 years concerning my back. I hurt myself a long time ago and have to get injections and pain meds every once in a while. Dr. Dorsett is always attentive and helps me out. I have referred over 3 friends to see him!
in Houston, TX |
His staff is rude and incompetent. He himself is unbearable in less than ten minutes.There are pill-seeking people with no medical necessity for pain medication.There are, on the other hand, LEGITIMATE pain management patients who by necessity require certain effective medications to allow them to function. If you are in the latter group, avoid this 'doctor'. He lacks compassion and the ability to listen and evaluate your medical condition. In his mind you are just another druggie. Insulting!
Have you seen Dr. Allen Dorsett, DO?
Are you Dr. Dorsett?