Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Allen Deutsch, MD
Dr. Allen Deutsch is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).Dr. Deutsch specializes in Shoulder and Elbow surgery. He has more than 17 years of clinical experience in the Greater Houston region treating all shoulder conditions including rotator cuff tears, shoulder arthritis, shoulder instability, the overhead athlete, shoulder fractures and frozen shoulder syndrome. Dr. Deutsch has performed more than 3500 arthroscopic rotator cuff repair surgeries. He performs in-office ultrasound to diagnosis rotator cuff tears and monitor healing following surgery. He is very active in clinical and basic science research. He has authored 19 publications and 23 presentations related to the shoulder. He has extensive clinical experience with surgical and non-surgical management of all shoulder conditions related to sports, overuse, work, arthritis and trauma in high school, college-level overhead athletes, middle-aged weekend warriors and older patients who want to return to their active lifestyle. Dr. Deutsch is a member of several professional organizations including the prestigious American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America, Arthroscopy Association of North America, Texas Orthopaedic Association, Houston Shoulder Society and Harris County Medical Society. Dr. Deutsch is a Consultant Reviewer for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.

1800 W 26th St Ste 200

Houston, TX 77008

Learn about Dr. Deutsch

I am committed to providing my patients care that is supported by the highest order of compassion and integrity. Your care will be based on the highest quality medical judgement and state-of-the-art expertise, innovation and technology. I encourage active participation. I will educate you about your condition so that together, we can formulate the best possible treatment plan.

Dr. Deutsch's Experience

Dr. Deutsch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Case Western Reserve University/Uhc/Metrohealth Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Deutsch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Deutsch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Deutsch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Deutsch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Deutsch to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Deutsch's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Dr. Allen performed a surgery on my shoulder mid June. I'm very satisfied with his surgery, everything was explained to me in details and was asked several times if I had any questions before and after the surgery. Dr Allen is very friendly, never making me feel like a number but a patient. He is a doctor with a lot of patience, I highly recommend him
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Deutsch has been my orthopedic of choice for the past eight years. On numerous occasions, I have gone to him for problems including Adhesive Capsulitis to a recently dislocated shoulder. He is thorough, patient and detailed in his explanation of my conditions. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends. He is an exceptional listener to any concerns I may have.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Deutsch was very patient and understanding when I postponed my original surgery due to anxiety. He called me at home to reassure me that he understood how I was feeling and that I could have the surgery when I felt up to it. After I finally had my surgery, he set up an excellent rehabilitation program for me. It's been only two months since my surgery, but I feel my recovery is well ahead of schedule thanks to the quality care Dr. Deutsch has provided.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Deutsch performed rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder. The surgery went well, and all of the follow-up visits with him went smoothly. I would highly recommend using Dr. Deutsch if given the opportunity to choose him. He's very professional and very experienced.
in Humble, TX |
In my opinion, Dr. Deutsch was the perfect choice for me. He performed my surgery five months ago. I follow up with him as instructed, I perform the exercises as instructed by him, my flexibility has returned to probably 90%, and I feel better than I did a year ago. I highly recommend Dr. Deutsch. If I have a question or concern, he takes his time to explain to me what I need to do or not do.
in Houston, TX |
My first visit with Dr. Deutsch left me feeling a little unsure about what to do. In March of 2014 was diagnosed with a rotator cuff tear as well as a bicep tendon tear. Surgery was recommended but I was nervous. Dr. Deutsch did not push for me to make an immediate decision. He helped to put my mind at ease by showing me the images of my tears and discussing the pros and cons of waiting to do surgery. My confidence and relationship with him improved throughout each step of way.
Dr. Deutsch is a great doctor, very knowledgeable about the shoulder and how to help. I had many questions going in and Dr. Deutsch took the time to explain everything. I did not feel rushed and he gave me the confidence I needed to create my plan of action.
in Houston, TX |
My husband, my son and I have all needed Dr. Deutsch for steroid shots, assessments and shoulder surgeries. This can be scary. Dr. Deutsch has always patiently explained everything to us for as long as we needed to fully understand everything we needed to and always through our recovery has been there when we needed him. Although I would never want to go through any of this again, if I did, I would only use Dr. Deutsch.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Deutsch is extremely bright, professional and well-trained in his field. He helped me feel at ease about my prognosis and educated me regarding all of my options. I would highly recommend Dr. Deutsch to anyone with shoulder pain that needs advice, whether you think you need surgery or just a second opinion.
Austin, TX |
Highly recommend. Dr. Deutsch did a shoulder replacement about 5 years ago. It was very successful and I am using my shoulder with no limitations. Need my other shoulder replaced and so thankful he is doing it in July. Very highly recommendy. Thanks David Dworsky.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Deutsch is a fine Orthopedic Surgeon. I learned some years ago that if you had a shoulder problem he was the individual to resolve it. Dr. Deutsch has treated both my wife and I. My wife suffered from "Frozen Shoulder." After his surgical procedure she has not suffered any further problems. Recently, I saw him for a right shoulder problem. As expected he diagnosed the issue and effectively treated the problem.
in Pearland, TX |
I had surgery with Dr. Deutsch. he is nos a very talkative person but he knows the problem and tells you exactly what the problem is. I had a cuff rotator tear. he fixed the problem and is excellent at what he does. I would really recommend his services.
in Houston, TX |
Very cold, terrible bedside manner. I WAS the patient but he treated me like I was a bother.
A+++! I was apprehensive about Dr. Deutsch due to the ratings on this site, but he was the only Dr.with an immediate opening at the time. While making the appointment, I spoke to his stag and they all loved him and couldn't understand the negative reviews. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and I am so glad that I did. He is quiet, but very knowledgeable, direct and polite. Sadly, I think some of the negative reviewers are focusing on his quiet demeanor instead of his actual skills.
Have you seen Dr. Allen Deutsch, MD?
Are you Dr. Deutsch?