Dr. Allen Chu, PHD

Dr. Allen Chu, PHD

Clinical Neurophysiology | Male

Houston Neurology and Sleep Diagnostic Center 15655 Cypress Wood Medical Dr Ste 400, Houston, TX 77014 Get Directions

Learn about this Provider

If your patients need an EMG, our team will make it as comfortable as possible. We'll take the time to understand patients' personal concerns and let them know exactly what to expect. We also offer two convenient locations: in the Woodlands and Spring areas. For referring physicians, making sure you're informed concerning the clinical implications of EMG results is an important part of our dedication to you. I personally assure you of the quality behind the "Accreditation with Exemplary Status" and appreciate any opportunity to participate in the care of your patientsRead more

Personal Bio

Founder of Houston Neurology and Sleep Diagnostic Center Electrodiagnostic Laboratory Accreditation with Exemplary Status, American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic...Read more

Dr. Chu's Experience

Visiting Dr. Chu

Dr. Chu accepts 23 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Chu has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Chu's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chu to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Chu
Dr. Chu's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (73)
Dr. Chu Says:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. These surveys are important so that we can continue to provide you with excellence service. Please be sure to visit our website for additional information and how to reach our staff. Once again thanks for your cooperation and time with our surveys.

in Houston, Texas |
Dr. Chu was amazing. He took the time to explain my diagnosis and made me feel less anxious about my procedure. Great bedside manner.
Spring, TX |
This is the second time I have had to undergo this procedure and Dr. Chu was excellent at this task. He had a great sense of humour and put me at ease and his diagnosis was spot on. His staff was very helpful as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Chu. I will be using him again when needed.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Chu is very professional but also a very pleasant person to talk with. He made me feel relaxed and was very soft spoken.
in Houston, TX |
Very thorough and intelligent application of his specialty but able to explain to me the issues going on and the potential risks and medical techniques to correct. Was impressed with the technology and his use to determine the near exact location of the nerve impingement. Outstanding to know where the issue(s) exist. Was interested in the examples of how this condition has affected my life to pass onto other patients.
in Spring, TX |
very concerned about patient. Thorough with his exams
in Spring, TX |
He took his time to explained everything very well and he is the best!
in The Woodlands, TX |
I had an order to see Dr. Chu for a nerve conduction this morning, 6/22/16. Dr. Chu was very kind and made me feel at ease knowing that i dreaded the test and I just did not know what to expect. He made sure i knew what to expect when he was conducting the test for me to be comfortable with less anxieties. The needles that he inserted in parts of my arms, back, etc. was mild in pain. Dr. Chu really was light with his hand with the needle insertions. I highly recommend Dr. Chu. He is excellent!
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Chu recently did an EMG test on my hands and arms. He was extremely thorough. He even had me come back a second time on my left arm and hand, as he found I have very unique locations for several nerves, and wanted to be completely certain on what information to share with the surgeon who will do nerve and carpal tunnel work.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Chu is an exceptional doctor with a very good personality. When I went to see Dr. Chu, I was very weak; had no energy, could hardly breathe, and could not hold my eyelids open. Now I feel like a new person. My breathing is good, I have energy, and my eyes stay open longer.
in garden city ks. houston tx |
No one better. He saved my daughters life
in Houston, TX |
Dr Chu was very though and professional, In other words I thought he was great.
in Houston, TX |
I visited Dr. Chu again yesterday. Always a great experience with Dr. Chu! He takes a lot of time with each patient, listens, and performs tests expertly. Very pleased.
Have you seen Dr. Allen Chu, PHD?

Compare Dr. Chu

• Neurology
    • Neuromuscular Medicine
    • Sleep Medicine

Dr. Chu says..

I would like to announce that our EMG laboratories have recently received the "Accreditation with Exemplary Status" from the American Academy of Neuromuscular Disease and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM). We are proud to become the second EMG laboratory in Houston to receive such accreditation, following Houston Methodist Hospital downtown.

The status of "Accreditation with Exemplary Status" reflects the high quality and excellent standards of our Center. We specialized in the full spectrum of neuromuscular disorders and Electromyography (EMG) study.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
    • Alzheimer's Disease
    • Diplopia
    • Dystonia
    • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
    • Insomnia
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Parkinson's Disease
    • Tremor
    • Trigeminal Neuralgia
    • Vertigo

Dr. Chu says..

Following my fellowship training at MGH, I have been serving as a neuromuscular specialist, performing more than 25,000 EMG studies. I will also perform Nerve Conduction Study personally without a technician.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
    • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
    • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
    • EMG (Electromyography)
    • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
    • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
    • Sleep Study

Graduated in 1986

• Other Education
      University of Iowa

Completed in 1994

Dr. Chu has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Chu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Chu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Clinical Neurophysiology
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Chu

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Chu's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Chu

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Founder of Houston Neurology and Sleep Diagnostic Center

Electrodiagnostic Laboratory Accreditation with Exemplary Status, American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine

Sleep Center Accreditation, American Academy of Sleep Medicine

CHI St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital, affiliated with Baylor

Dr. Chu's Care Philosophy

If your patients need an EMG, our team will make it as comfortable as possible. We'll take the time to understand patients' personal concerns and let them know exactly what to expect. We also offer two convenient locations: in the Woodlands and Spring areas. For referring physicians, making sure you're informed concerning the clinical implications of EMG results is an important part of our dedication to you.