Dr. Allen Chu, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 59

Dr. Allen Chu, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Houston, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Hca Houston Healthcare Northwest and Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chu to book an appointment.

Dr. Chu

Houston Neurology and Sleep Diagnostic Center

18220 State Highway 249 Ste 240 Houston, TX 77070
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Chu with our nearby Neurology Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress today at (281) 417-4665.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare North Cypress.

Dr. Chu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chu

4.0

Dr. Chu

1) He is a good doctor if he shows up. 2) He has a terrible staff. 3) He uses a terrible MRI provider. 1) I had already gotten the MRI which he ordered, and was rescheduled 2 times before his staff told me that he was no longer treating neurology patients, only sleep problems. I had to scramble for my MRI records and a new provider. 2) His staff is absolutely terrible. It takes a couple of weeks and multiple phone calls to simply get an MRI scheduled. Really. 3) His MRI provider is absolutely terrible. They double-billed my procedure (charged both me and my insurance company) for $900. It took me dozens of phone calls to everyone conceivable and a 6 months campaign to get my refund. Dr. Chu's staff never took 5 minutes to make a simple phone call on my behalf to try to resolve this.
HoustonSue – Dec 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Dr. Chu was great. I highly recommend him to anyone that needs an EMG.
Mike – Dec 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
He is not a very well spoken physician but he seems very knowledgeable and kind. Appreciated his professionalism and his staff
Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Smart doctor, explained the procedures well.
Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Dr Chu is a specialist in both neurology and sleep disorders. I have been a patient/customer seeing Dr Chu for well over 20 for both specialties. My rating of 2 Stars is not about Dr Chu, or his abilities as a physician. My two stars go to his staff. His staff is ineffective, inefficient, and I’d say generally care more about payday and how not to give good, let alone great customer service and care. Many times over the years I’ve needed help with sleep apnea supplies and had questions for his staff. When I’d telephone for the needed help I’ve found no one on staff will ever pick up their phone and answer immediately. They will hide behind voicemail and only after my two or three followup calls later will they (maybe) return my call. If you want a good doctor go see Dr. Chu. I think he works hard, is very smart/knowledgeable, and does his best for his patients. On the other hand, his staff stinks. If you like poor staff service go see Dr Chu. Good luck.
Feb 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Setting up my initial virtual visit was easy. Dr. Chu indicated that he would want to run some tests and that the office would follow-up. My appt. was Dec. 5th. I have yet to receive a returned phone call, email, or correspondence from the office. There are many neurologist in Houston. My suggestion is find one that has the staff and curiosity to follow-up.
Melissa – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Dr Chu does not accept Medicare patients. I was told MEDICARE and the durable medical equipment suppliers require to much paperwork. He sent me on my way after being my sleep Dr for 5 years. It is clear that he doesn’t care about the patient
Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
one year check up and followup to surgery
dennis lingo – Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
He recoDr. Chu referred me to a physical therapist. When I arrived, the physical therapist did not know anything about my medical condition and began asking me to perform exercises that are impossible for a person with my disability to do. I questioned her about her knowledge about my condition, she said that she had never heard of Charcot Marie Tooth disease. Asked “What about the Doctors referral, was there some kind of explanation”, she said no, but she was willing to learn. I left, this was Dr. Chu’s referral.mmended me to a physical
Ben Had – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Dr. Chu is very thorough, kind and takes his time to explain everything to you. I highly recommend him.
Carol Klass – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Dr. Chu has been my neurologist for a year now after seeing my first neurologist for several months. I was not happy with my first one and decided to seek out a second opinion. I was referred to Dr. Chu by my general practitioner and my chiropractor. I am so thankful that I did! One of the things that I love most is that he does his own EMG and nerve conduction testing himself - and he does it in such a way that there is little to no pain at all! During the testing he explains the readings and what he is seeing. No more technicians doing the test then waiting for results! After my diagnosis, we set out on a treatment. He was also open to me seeking out and participating in auto-immune protocol dietary changes to help my condition. In my opinion he is an expert in his field and has been a wonderful doctor to me. In the year that I have been seeing him I have only had to wait once past my appointment time and that was only about 30 minutes and trust me I have had a lot of visits to him!
Mona – Nov 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Worst experience ever. Dr Chu has changed. He doesn't care anymore. He was a jerk. The visit scheduled was supposed to be a follow up on my test results. When he came in, he said he can't see me anymore because he was changing what he was specializing in. Told me I didn't have Alzheimer's from where he previously diagnosed me with it. Gave me the name of new doctor to go to. Then I asked about my test results that he was supposed to be going over with me and he looked down and said I don't have them and turned around and walked out. Nurse walked in 2 minutes later and said it looked fine. Told by staff previously that there was something wrong with the test result and needed to be discussed with the doctor. Rude, very unprofessional and horrible "bedside" manner. Do not recommend him at all!!!!
Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Dr Chu is fine its his staff and the lack of them calling you back or letting you know when prescriptions are ready. I have been waiting for 3 months for them just to obtain triplicate prescription pads...what Dr's office staff doesn't ensure that they have enough of these?
  • Long wait times
Amber – Jul 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Very thorough. He and his staff help me onto the exam table from my wheelchair. Concisely explained test results to me.
John pfanz – Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
I saw this Doctor in April 2019. I had to pay my Medicare copay before leaving the office. When I checked my Medicare Explanation of Benefits I found they had overcharged me. I keep calling they keep switching me to "someone who handles the billing" however they are never there and I keep leaving messages but no one has ever gotten back to me. I call up explain the problem but whoever answers refuses to discuss it or do anything except transfer me to an extension that no one ever answers. Today is 6/26/2019, the service was on 4/22/2019, over two months, I keep calling nothing happens. I have to wonder if they are doing this to make a few extra bucks, exactly what else will they be willing to do to me to make a few extra bucks? I do not Trust this Doctor, I do not feel he will do what is in my best interest, but instead will do anything that will make him more money. I will NEVER go to this Doctor again.
tommyy2 in Spring, TX – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Ive been going to Dr Chu for two years relating to Sleep Apnea. It has been a very frustrating experience. Calls are never returned and are never answered. Appointments are made without regard to whether or not you have a current referral. Had to pay visit out of my pocket because the referral from my PCP was not current. Most Doctors will check the referral and let you know if it needs updating. Im not sure of Dr Chu's medical abilities but he is a terrible manager of his office.
Past patient in HOUSTON, TX – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Didn't even feel the pokes from the needles on the EMG of arms, neck and hands!!! That's unbelievable!! Dr. Chu listened and didn't blow me off telling you it's all anxiety like past doctors have. Great doctor!!
Sherry in Humble, TX – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
I have been to see Dr. Chu on several visits now & have been more than pleased with his services. He is always very thorough & explains what he is testing when he is performing his evaluations. He has a ginuwine interest in his patient's health & recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Chu for his knowledge & interest in every individual patient.
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Chu for years and wouldn't see anyone else. Sometimes i wait extraordinary amounts of times in the waiting room but once i see him he puts me first. I imagine that may beer why he runs late sometimes. When he talks to me it is all about me and answering my questions. No matter how many. He and his staff have a very good way of making you feel so important and that they want the best treatment for you. Thank you Dr. Chu and staff (Darlene especially)
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?
Read the wrong test results. The first time he was looking at them was in the office with me and they were somebody else's. Never answers phone, nurses never return calls. Ordered tests that were not covered my my insurance because they weren't necessary
Mar 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allen Chu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chu?
Provider explaining information to patient