Dr. Allen Chu, PHD

Dr. Allen Chu, PHD

Epilepsy | Male | 54 years old

Learn about this provider

If your patients need an EMG, our team will make it as comfortable as possible. We'll take the time to understand patients' personal concerns and let them know exactly what to expect. We also offer two convenient locations: in the Woodlands and Spring areas. For referring physicians, making sure you're informed concerning the clinical implications of EMG results is an important part of our dedication to you. I personally assure you of the quality behind the "Accreditation with Exemplary Status" and appreciate any opportunity to participate in the care of your patientsRead more

Personal Bio

Founder of Houston Neurology and Sleep Diagnostic Center Electrodiagnostic Laboratory Accreditation with Exemplary Status, American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic...Read more

Dr. Chu's Experience

Visiting Dr. Chu

Dr. Chu accepts 23 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Chu has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Chu
Dr. Chu's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (85)
Dr. Chu Says:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. These surveys are important so that we can continue to provide you with excellence service. Please be sure to visit our website for additional information and how to reach our staff. Once again thanks for your cooperation and time with our surveys.

in Magnolia TX |
Dr. Chu is knowledgeable and informative with a dependable support staff. Thanks for a good experience every time!
in Houston, TX |
Dr Chu and his staff are wonderful. Dr Chu will correctly diagnose your problem and point you in the right direction. I have been with him for years and so has my wife. He is gentle and makes a somewhat anxious procedure very relaxing.
in Houston, TX |
Great experience with Dr. Chu. I came in for an EMG as I was referred to him and he was able to provide a thorough diagnosis. He gave me specific details of my results, took the time to answer my questions and was very patient. He has a terrific bedside manner and his nursing staff is wonderful. Highly recommend!
in Conroe, TX |
I had to have an EMG and Dr Chu took his time to explain the procedure and listened to my concerns. He made the procedure almost painless. His staff is great.
in Houston, TX |
it is rare to find a great doctor and a good staff but Dr. Chu's practice has both. Dr. Chu puts you at ease, he is thorough and explains everything in a manner you can understand. His staff is warm, friendly and accommodating. They have gone out of there way to accommodate my scheduling needs.
in Houston, TX |
The doctor was attentive and thorough. He had a great bed side manner. The staff was awesome and easy to talk to. I had an EEG and the tech was extremely friendly and proffesional. He explained the proceedure during the set up and I was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this doctor for any neurological needs.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Chu has great bedside manner, very knowledgeable and provided me the information I needed in a way I understood it. He will take his time with you and help you feel more comfortable about whatever issues you may have!
in Montgomery, TX |
Dr. Chu was very professional & easy to talk to. Also listened to me & my concerns. The Emg was the easiest one I have every had. He let me know what was going to happen before he did anything. Great bedside manner. I would highly recommend him.
in Spring, TX |
Dr Chu took time to explain. Procedure and ask questions regarding my condition. Good "bedside " manner not in a rush and very pleasant.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Chu is a brilliant neurologist who is exceptionally meticulous when diagnosing the precise etiology of a malfunction in the nervous system. He has the eye of a scientist searching for answers and the heart of a physician trying to heal. He provided a straightforward and thorough explanation of my symptoms along wth protocols for alleviating the associated problems, and he continues to follow my progress.
in Houston, Texas |
Dr. Chu was amazing. He took the time to explain my diagnosis and made me feel less anxious about my procedure. Great bedside manner.
Spring, TX |
This is the second time I have had to undergo this procedure and Dr. Chu was excellent at this task. He had a great sense of humour and put me at ease and his diagnosis was spot on. His staff was very helpful as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Chu. I will be using him again when needed.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Chu is very professional but also a very pleasant person to talk with. He made me feel relaxed and was very soft spoken.
in Houston, TX |
Very thorough and intelligent application of his specialty but able to explain to me the issues going on and the potential risks and medical techniques to correct. Was impressed with the technology and his use to determine the near exact location of the nerve impingement. Outstanding to know where the issue(s) exist. Was interested in the examples of how this condition has affected my life to pass onto other patients.
in Spring, TX |
very concerned about patient. Thorough with his exams
in Spring, TX |
He took his time to explained everything very well and he is the best!
in The Woodlands, TX |
I had an order to see Dr. Chu for a nerve conduction this morning, 6/22/16. Dr. Chu was very kind and made me feel at ease knowing that i dreaded the test and I just did not know what to expect. He made sure i knew what to expect when he was conducting the test for me to be comfortable with less anxieties. The needles that he inserted in parts of my arms, back, etc. was mild in pain. Dr. Chu really was light with his hand with the needle insertions. I highly recommend Dr. Chu. He is excellent!
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Chu recently did an EMG test on my hands and arms. He was extremely thorough. He even had me come back a second time on my left arm and hand, as he found I have very unique locations for several nerves, and wanted to be completely certain on what information to share with the surgeon who will do nerve and carpal tunnel work.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Chu is an exceptional doctor with a very good personality. When I went to see Dr. Chu, I was very weak; had no energy, could hardly breathe, and could not hold my eyelids open. Now I feel like a new person. My breathing is good, I have energy, and my eyes stay open longer.
in garden city ks. houston tx |
No one better. He saved my daughters life
in Houston, TX |
Dr Chu was very though and professional, In other words I thought he was great.
in Houston, TX |
I visited Dr. Chu again yesterday. Always a great experience with Dr. Chu! He takes a lot of time with each patient, listens, and performs tests expertly. Very pleased.
Have you seen Dr. Allen Chu, PHD?
Are you Dr. Chu?

Compare Dr. Chu

Compare this Provider

Founder of Houston Neurology and Sleep Diagnostic Center

Electrodiagnostic Laboratory Accreditation with Exemplary Status, American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine

Sleep Center Accreditation, American Academy of Sleep Medicine

CHI St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital, affiliated with Baylor

Dr. Chu's Care Philosophy

If your patients need an EMG, our team will make it as comfortable as possible. We'll take the time to understand patients' personal concerns and let them know exactly what to expect. We also offer two convenient locations: in the Woodlands and Spring areas. For referring physicians, making sure you're informed concerning the clinical implications of EMG results is an important part of our dedication to you.

Dr. Chu says...

I would like to announce that our EMG laboratories have recently received the "Accreditation with Exemplary Status" from the American Academy of Neuromuscular Disease and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM). We are proud to become the second EMG laboratory in Houston to receive such accreditation, following Houston Methodist Hospital downtown.

The status of "Accreditation with Exemplary Status" reflects the high quality and excellent standards of our Center. We specialized in the full spectrum of neuromuscular disorders and Electromyography (EMG) study.

Dr. Chu says...

Following my fellowship training at MGH, I have been serving as a neuromuscular specialist, performing more than 25,000 EMG studies. I will also perform Nerve Conduction Study personally without a technician.

Dr. Chu says...

Dr. Chu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Epilepsy

Dr. Chu has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chu's Board Certifications

• Diplopia
  • Dystonia
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Parkinson's Disease

• Other Education
    University of Iowa

Completed in 1994

• Chinese

Dr. Chu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Epilepsy
  • Geriatric Medicine
  • Neurology
  • Psychiatry
  • Sleep Medicine

• Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Sleep Study