Allan Mehr, DA

Allan Mehr, DA

Audiology | Male

Our services are grounded in the desire to provide you with the very best hearing care experience possible.  That is the common denominator across everything we do.

From the initial hearing evaluation to our unsurpassed personalized aftercare, you'll experience the excellence that sets us apart from the rest of the industry.

Hearing Evaluations

• Comprehensive diagnostic audiological evaluations and hearing tests for adults • Video otoscopy for detailed viewing of your ear canal • Computerized hearing aid analysis (Real Ear Measurement)

Hearing Aids

• Full line of hearing aids, specializing in digital hearing aid technology • Assistive listening devices • Follow-up fine-tuning visit to ensure maximum benefits

Hearing Accessories

• Premium batteries and other hearing aid accessories • Custom ear molds for hearing aids, iPods, and MP3s • Water protection earplugs • Noise protection for musicians and sportsmen

Dr. Mehr utilizes cutting-edge hearing technology for the identification, diagnosis and treatment for those with impaired hearing. Our services are customized to each patient's individual needs and the personalized aftercare is second to none. You'll find the personal attention that our staff gives to every patient reassuring and refreshing. Pacific Audiology Center is Salem's premier independent audiology practice. Dr. Allan Mehr, a board certified audiologist, is uniquely qualified to provide a comprehensive array of professional services. Dr. Mehr started his career as a Teacher of the Deaf. He then went to Adelphi University in New York and obtained a doctoral degree in audiology. He worked at a large Audiology clinic in New York and then came out to Oregon to become the Audiologist at the School for the Deaf. He started Pacific Audiology center in 1980. He served on the board of the Oregon Speech and Hearing Association. He was one of the founding fathers of the Oregon Academy of Audiology. He was also appointed by the Governor to serve on the State Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology. He eventually served as chairman of that Board.

Learn about this provider

Allan Mehr's Experience

Visiting Allan Mehr

Allan Mehr accepts 6 insurance carriers

Allan Mehr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Allan Mehr to family and friends
Allan Mehr Says:

If you were happy with the services from our office, please tell a friend.  If you were not happy, please tell us why, so we can continue to improve.  Thank you.

Allan Mehr's Performance
in Tualatin, OR |
No question about recommending Dr. Mehr and his office staff. Professional and asks, answers all my questions. Inspires a level of trust that is truly appreciated.
in Keizer, OR |
I have been a patient of Dr. Mehr for several years (15 plus I think). I have always been happy with the care he and his staff have provided.
Salem, OR |
Overall, my experience at Dr Mehr's office was very positive. From the time I checked in, until I was finished with my testing, I was treated in a very professional manner.
Value Dr Mehr's quality of expertise and friendliness
Salem , OR |
My experience was very pleasant. The office staff and Dr. Mehr all very professional.
in Salem, OR |
I love the technical tools in the office. It was so cool - the I-Pad saves so much time, watching the removal of wax?? The staff was friendly & helpful and Dr. Meyr was easy to talk to. My visit was a pleasant experience ??????????
Salem, OR |
My only suggestion is that the front office staff wear name tags. I never know with whom I'm speaking, and hate to ask every time.
in Salem, OR |
In addition to very professional service c/o Dr. Mehr, I always feel welcomed and well-treated. The staff ('Dusty' + Co.) are truly wonderful -- pleasant and helpful, there to answer questions and provide supportive services not requiring the Dr. Everything about them and the services they provide makes it a pleasure to have them as one of my major health providers! WBD March 2017
in Salem, OR |
Very efficient, friendly and informative. Explained details in a way that was easy to understand.
in Salem, OR |
Dr.Mehr was very professional and provided clear answers to all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone needed hearing testing .
in Salem, OR |
If only all healthcare providers had offices like this! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. No long faces on staff here. They appeared to enjoy their jobs and dealing with patients WITH patience. Dr. Mehr was thoroughly professional. He spent an inordinate amount of time with me explaining everything about my hearing and options. He patiently answered all of questions and leaving me with a level of comfort that I was making the right decision about my hearing and my provider.
in Rickreall Or. |
Dr. Mehr and his staff are absolutely top notch. I could not have had a better experience.
in Salem, OR |
Dr Mehr is wonderful and is all about the patient!!
in Salem, OR |
I really appreciate the services of Dr. Mehr. He is always very pleasant and explains things well. His staff are also pleasant and helpful and I have recommended Pacific Audiology Center to friends who are suffering hearing loss.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr provided excellent customer service. He was thoughtful, insightful, gave an overall picture of the pros and cons of hearing aids and treated me as a person and not a number. He took into consideration my individual needs. Thank you for your dedication and service!
Salem, OR |
This was my first Office visit with Dr. Mehr. He was kind and very patient. Answered all my questions and concerns. Never felt like I was being rushed.
Snohomish, WA |
Dr. Mehr and Dusty, thank you both so much for the great service. I'm looking forward to getting the aids and seeing you again. You were both very helpful and I truly appreciate it. Fondly, Pam Baldwin
in Silverton, OR |
I found both Dr, Mehr and his staff very easy to talk with and very helpful in my making a decision in regards to whether or not a hearing aid would be the best choice for my needs. I appreciate the time Dr. Mehr took to explain my options.
in Stayton, OR |
Dr. Mehr and the staff are very friendly and thorough ,it was a most pleasurable first visit.
in Salem, OR |
Always caring. Always accurate in his work.
in Salem, OR |
I would highly recommend Dr Mehr to any of my friends or family. He has an excellent staff and very clean professional facilities. He was thorough in his examination and testings and explained each step to my wife and I. Very satisfied.
in Salem OR |
Visit was good. Staff pleasant & willing to answer questions. I was early for the appointment& soon as the person being attended to when I arrived was taken care of, I was promptly checked in. Only negative is I wished the office wasn't so far from my home.
in Dallas, OR |
Easy to talk to, knowledgeable, can recommend based on your needs, normally do not wait very when you get to the office. Have not had to get an urgent appointment, so left next question blank.
Salem, OR |
I appreciate that Dr. Mehr has first had experience with the equipment that he provides. He is kind and caring as are his staff. I would not go anywhere else for my hearing aid needs.
in Scio, OR |
Great customer service, professional enviroment!
Portland, OR |
The office was welcoming and comfortable. Dr. Mehr was friendly, thorough, and knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. He offered his opinion and gave me all the information I needed to make an informed decision.
in keizer, OR |
Wants to things the best they cam be for his patient.
in Portland, OR |
Dr Mehr is efficient and kind. He engages with his patients fully.
in Salem, OR |
Very positive, relaxed, good communication! Questions easily and clearly answered.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr wants the best solution for you but won't oversell. Easy to work with. Pleasant office staff as well.
in Salem or |
It was good
in Salem, OR |
Is very good at answering questions. The answers are easy to understand and are precise. He explains how things work and that results in a minimum of questions or mostly those that are of a personal matter. Very happy with coming to Dr. Meir.
in OR |
Everyone in the office was helpful and friendly. All my questions we're answered. I didn't have to wait at all.
in Lyons, OR |
I was seen right away. Excellent in diagnosis and fitting the hearing aids. Extremely economical with excellent product. Hearing aids were adjusted for my hearing by computerized program. Very satisfied with the hearing aids, the pricing, the wonderful friendly customer service. I will continue to recommend Dr. Mehr and staff.
in Sublimity, OR |
Dr. Mehr is warm, kind and professional. He wants the best for you as his patient. Recently I went in for ear impressions for a set of in-ear monitors and he was in and out real fast. He cleaned my ears, took the molding and within two weeks, I had custom molded in-ear monitors. This isn't the first time I've been in Dr. Mehr's care either. I was a patient of doctor Mehr in 1998 and I haven't seen another audiologist since. He loves talking through the process and making you feel at-ease.
in Salem, OR |
I would recommend. Office staff (Dusty & April) give a warm welcome and make one feel comfortable. The wait time is never very long and while waiting can always have hearing aids cleaned/vacuumed and staff is always willing to do so. Dr. Mehr is friendly, knowledgeable and professional and I can count on getting the best advice for my needs. I can always count on him. I have in the past recommended him to friends and acquaintances and will continue to do so in the future.
in Salem, OR |
I had Dr. Mehr take some impressions of my ears for some Custom In-Ear Monitors I was ordering through his business. I can't express how easy this process was. I was in and out of his facility with ease. Dr. Mehr is not only a really nice guy, but also a wealth of information when it comes to his field of audiology. Great service and great people. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Mehr and his staff to anyone in need of hearing services.
in Aumsville, Oregon |
Dr. Mehr takes his time and does not rush you out of office. He explains your test in layman terms. He is very honest to you.
in Aumsville, OR |
Very pleased with clinic and personnel. We got to the appointment very early, so that is reason for wait.
Dr. Mehr has a very affable relationship with patients. He knows how to put them at ease, shares personal information that is relative to discussion, and is honest.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr is always cordial and wants to deliver the best service.
in Salem, OR |
Friendly , knowledgeable and able to address my problems in plain english.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr is extremely knowledgeable and passionate. He takes time to explain small details and makes you feel at ease in his office. He uses state of the art technology and the office staff are very friendly and helpful! He's the best!
in Gervais, OR |
Very happy with my visit, the staff and Dr. Mehr. All questions and concerns addressed and answered.
Independence, OR |
Very impressive on all levels.
in Salem, OR |
Dr Mehr is interested in helping me improve my hearing and not selling a hearing aid.
Have you seen Allan Mehr, DA?
Are you Allan Mehr?

Compare Allan Mehr

Compare this Provider

Allan Mehr says...

Dr. Mehr started his career as a Teacher of the Deaf. He then went to Adelphi University in New York and obtained a doctoral degree in audiology. He worked at a large Audiology clinic in New York and then came out to Oregon to become the Audiologist at the School for the Deaf. He started Pacific Audiology center in 1980.  He served on the board of the Oregon Speech and Hearing Association. He was one of the founding fathers of the Oregon Academy of Audiology.  He was also appointed by the Governor to serve on the State Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology.  He eventually served as chairman of that Board.

Allan Mehr's Care Philosophy

Hearing Evaluations

Hearing Aids

Hearing Accessories

Allan Mehr says...

As an audiologist we focus on hearing.  However, hearing problems may be related to many different issues.  It is important to determine if your hearing loss is conductive or sensorineural.  A conductive loss is often temporary and can be corrected with a referral to the ENT physician.  Sensorineural hearing loss is not correctable but can be managed with proper amplification.  We utilize all of the latest products in the diagnosis of the hearing loss and the fitting of hearing aids.  Technology has brought so many advancements to the field of audiology.

Allan Mehr says...

With the new technology comes complexity.  The software used to program today's current hearing aids are very comprehensive.  Dr. Mehr prides himself in knowing every aspect of the software.  He often time knows the software better than the employees of the Manufacturer that produced the software.  This enables him to maximize all of the features of the hearing aids to meet each patients individual needs.  He also utilized Real Ear testing, a procedure used to determine exactly what the hearing aid is delivering to the ear drum.

Allan Mehr says...

Allan Mehr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Audiology

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Conductive Deafness

Graduated in 1976

• Other Education
    Adelphi Universsity

Completed in 1983

Allan Mehr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Allan Mehr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Audiology
  • Audiology (Hearing Aid Fitting)
  • Audiology Technology