Allan Mehr, DA

Allan Mehr, DA

Audiology  |
Allan Mehr, DA is an audiology provider who practices in Salem, OR. He is 66 years old. Read his story

120 Ramsgate Sq S

Salem, OR 97302

• First Choice Health
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Allan Mehr

Allan Mehr's bio

This content was provided by Allan Mehr "Dr. Mehr utilizes cutting-edge hearing technology for the identification, diagnosis and treatment for those with impaired hearing. Our services are customized to each patient's individual needs and the personalized aftercare is second to none. You'll find the personal attention that our staff gives to every patient reassuring and refreshing. Pacific Audiology Center is Salem's premier independent audiology practice. Dr. Allan Mehr, a board certified audiologist, is uniquely qualified to provide a comprehensive array of professional services. Dr. Mehr started his career as a Teacher of the Deaf. He then went to Adelphi University in New York and obtained a doctoral degree in audiology. He worked at a large Audiology clinic in New York and then came out to Oregon to become the Audiologist at the School for the Deaf. He started Pacific Audiology center in 1980. He served on the board of the Oregon Speech and Hearing Association. He was one of the founding fathers of the Oregon Academy of Audiology. He was also appointed by the Governor to serve on the State Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology. He eventually served as chairman of that Board. "

This content was provided by Allan Mehr "Our services are grounded in the desire to provide you with the very best hearing care experience possible.  That is the common denominator across everything we do.

From the initial hearing evaluation to our unsurpassed personalized aftercare, you'll experience the excellence that sets us apart from the rest of the industry.

Hearing Evaluations

• Comprehensive diagnostic audiological evaluations and hearing tests for adults • Video otoscopy for detailed viewing of your ear canal • Computerized hearing aid analysis (Real Ear Measurement)

Hearing Aids

• Full line of hearing aids, specializing in digital hearing aid technology • Assistive listening devices • Follow-up fine-tuning visit to ensure maximum benefits

Hearing Accessories

• Premium batteries and other hearing aid accessories • Custom ear molds for hearing aids, iPods, and MP3s • Water protection earplugs • Noise protection for musicians and sportsmen"

• Audiology
  • Audiology (Hearing Aid Fitting)
  • Audiology Technology
  • Hearing & Speech Therapy
  • Hearing Instruments

Allan Mehr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Conductive Deafness

• Earwax Removal
  • Hearing Aid
  • Hearing Screening
  • Tympanometry

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• City University Of New York
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Adelphi Universsity
    Other Education | Completed 1983

Allan Mehr has no awards or honors listed.

Allan Mehr has no media or publications listed.

Allan Mehr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Allan Mehr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Allan Mehr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Allan Mehr to family and friends
Allan Mehr Says:

If you were happy with the services from our office, please tell a friend.  If you were not happy, please tell us why, so we can continue to improve.  Thank you.

Allan Mehr's Performance
Salem, OR |
I wanted an ear exam by an audiology doctor rather than a sales person in the business of selling hearing aides. Dr. Mehr not only performed detailed hearing tests but examined my ears for any problems. It was great to find out I do not have a hearing loss and I now have a documented benchmark exam to go by as I get older. I highly recommend Dr. Mehr!
in Dallas OR |
The Staff are excellent to work with.... always friendly,and pretty knowledgeable. Their ability to make some cleaning and repairs on-site is very convenient, and appreciated. I also appreciate that my time is valued too. The warranty is nice. When I got my hearing aids almost two years ago, I wish I had been told how to clean the hearing aids, including replacing the little filter, and bring them in periodically for a cleaning in the office..
Tualatin, OR |
Always prompt, clearly explains hearing tests and gives reasonable solutions for dealing with hearing loss.
in Salem |
I cannot give enough positive feedback. From the front desk staff to Dr Mehr, I received excellent diagnostic and prescriptive service. Competent, courteous, and compassionate.
in Salem, OR |
I appreciate the help you give me and that you explain to me in a way that I can understand Thank you very much for your service
in Salem, Oregon |
My meeting with Alan Mehr this morning was pleasant. He greeted me and explained what would take place. He proceeded then with the examination in a professional and efficient manner. At the conclusion the examination he showed me the results and told me what they indicated. . I felt very satisfied with my experience and feel comfortable about returning when I need to.
in McMinnville,OR |
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Mehr and his staff.
Very nice friendly office, good parking. Dr. Mehr is really nice. Comprehensive exam, and you can watch on screen to see what he sees, and he explained it . No pressure to order hearing aids. I highly recommend Dr. Mehr for your ear exam. Thank you, Dr. Mehr
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr is excellent. He spent considerable time evaluating my hearing and his explanation of my loss in each ear helped me to thoroughly understand my options in terms of proper hearing aids. He was recommended by numerous friends and I was pleased at the outcome of my visit.
Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr was professional, friendly, and listened to my concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Mehr to family and friends.
Salem, OR |
Always professional, always wiling and able to inform one about best options. Great experience.
in Salem, OR |
I was very impressed with Dr Mehr, his office and receptionist. Dr. Mehr is very personable, professional, and explains test results in an easy to understand way. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr has a very friendly, relaxed manner and I always feel comfortable asking questions.
in Salem, OR |
I was greeted promptly when I arrived in the office and was treated without having to wait very long.
in Sublimity , OR |
I'm very impressed with the level of care I received from Dr. Mehr. This was my first experience discussing my hearing loss and the options for hearing aids. He and the staff are very friendly and professional. He was very knowledgeable about the various hearing aids available. I will recommend him to my family and friends.
in Silverton or |
Dr Mehrs staff was excellent,very courteous and patient. The wait was not bad and the doctor was very professional and made my visit very relaxed and explained my situation so I understood what was going on! They also got me an appt. in a very timely manner considering that my medical issue is keeping me from work as a driver.
Wilsonville, OR |
I had previously called another large Audiology/ENT firm in town. Calls went unanswered and they also did not return phone messages or emails via the patient portal they insist all patients use. Looking for a more patient-oriented choice, I found Dr Mehr's office, I got to a real person immediately who was helpful and scheduled me in at my convenience. I was very happy with the service from the time I walked in thru the exam and consultation.
in Salem, OR |
This was my first time getting my hearing tested. Dr. Mehr was very professional, friendly, and took the time to answer my questions throughout. He was quick and efficient. I love that he and his staff know ASL which is so important for Deaf clients he serves. I would highly recommend anyone seeking audiological testing go to Dr. Mehr.
in Tualatin, OR |
No question about recommending Dr. Mehr and his office staff. Professional and asks, answers all my questions. Inspires a level of trust that is truly appreciated.
in Keizer, OR |
I have been a patient of Dr. Mehr for several years (15 plus I think). I have always been happy with the care he and his staff have provided.
Salem, OR |
Overall, my experience at Dr Mehr's office was very positive. From the time I checked in, until I was finished with my testing, I was treated in a very professional manner.
Value Dr Mehr's quality of expertise and friendliness
Salem , OR |
My experience was very pleasant. The office staff and Dr. Mehr all very professional.
in Salem, OR |
I love the technical tools in the office. It was so cool - the I-Pad saves so much time, watching the removal of wax?? The staff was friendly & helpful and Dr. Meyr was easy to talk to. My visit was a pleasant experience ??????????
Salem, OR |
My only suggestion is that the front office staff wear name tags. I never know with whom I'm speaking, and hate to ask every time.
in Salem, OR |
In addition to very professional service c/o Dr. Mehr, I always feel welcomed and well-treated. The staff ('Dusty' + Co.) are truly wonderful -- pleasant and helpful, there to answer questions and provide supportive services not requiring the Dr. Everything about them and the services they provide makes it a pleasure to have them as one of my major health providers! WBD March 2017
in Salem, OR |
Very efficient, friendly and informative. Explained details in a way that was easy to understand.
in Salem, OR |
Dr.Mehr was very professional and provided clear answers to all my questions. I would recommend him to anyone needed hearing testing .
in Salem, OR |
If only all healthcare providers had offices like this! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. No long faces on staff here. They appeared to enjoy their jobs and dealing with patients WITH patience. Dr. Mehr was thoroughly professional. He spent an inordinate amount of time with me explaining everything about my hearing and options. He patiently answered all of questions and leaving me with a level of comfort that I was making the right decision about my hearing and my provider.
in Rickreall Or. |
Dr. Mehr and his staff are absolutely top notch. I could not have had a better experience.
in Salem, OR |
Dr Mehr is wonderful and is all about the patient!!
in Salem, OR |
I really appreciate the services of Dr. Mehr. He is always very pleasant and explains things well. His staff are also pleasant and helpful and I have recommended Pacific Audiology Center to friends who are suffering hearing loss.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr provided excellent customer service. He was thoughtful, insightful, gave an overall picture of the pros and cons of hearing aids and treated me as a person and not a number. He took into consideration my individual needs. Thank you for your dedication and service!
Salem, OR |
This was my first Office visit with Dr. Mehr. He was kind and very patient. Answered all my questions and concerns. Never felt like I was being rushed.
Snohomish, WA |
Dr. Mehr and Dusty, thank you both so much for the great service. I'm looking forward to getting the aids and seeing you again. You were both very helpful and I truly appreciate it. Fondly, Pam Baldwin
in Silverton, OR |
I found both Dr, Mehr and his staff very easy to talk with and very helpful in my making a decision in regards to whether or not a hearing aid would be the best choice for my needs. I appreciate the time Dr. Mehr took to explain my options.
in Stayton, OR |
Dr. Mehr and the staff are very friendly and thorough ,it was a most pleasurable first visit.
in Salem, OR |
Always caring. Always accurate in his work.
in Salem, OR |
I would highly recommend Dr Mehr to any of my friends or family. He has an excellent staff and very clean professional facilities. He was thorough in his examination and testings and explained each step to my wife and I. Very satisfied.
in Salem OR |
Visit was good. Staff pleasant & willing to answer questions. I was early for the appointment& soon as the person being attended to when I arrived was taken care of, I was promptly checked in. Only negative is I wished the office wasn't so far from my home.
in Dallas, OR |
Easy to talk to, knowledgeable, can recommend based on your needs, normally do not wait very when you get to the office. Have not had to get an urgent appointment, so left next question blank.
Salem, OR |
I appreciate that Dr. Mehr has first had experience with the equipment that he provides. He is kind and caring as are his staff. I would not go anywhere else for my hearing aid needs.
in Scio, OR |
Great customer service, professional enviroment!
Portland, OR |
The office was welcoming and comfortable. Dr. Mehr was friendly, thorough, and knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. He offered his opinion and gave me all the information I needed to make an informed decision.
in keizer, OR |
Wants to things the best they cam be for his patient.
in Portland, OR |
Dr Mehr is efficient and kind. He engages with his patients fully.
in Salem, OR |
Very positive, relaxed, good communication! Questions easily and clearly answered.
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Mehr wants the best solution for you but won't oversell. Easy to work with. Pleasant office staff as well.
in Salem or |
It was good
Have you seen Allan Mehr, DA?
Are you Allan Mehr?