Dr. Allan Ho, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Ho
268 Canal St New York, NY 10013

Dr. Allan Ho, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from Columbia U, College Of Phys/Surg and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Ho's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ho

Dr. Ho?
Dr. Ho's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Allan Ho, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I have been a patient of Dr. Ho for over 10 years now. As a testament not to the facilities but to the doctor, I follow him to the various facilities where he has practiced. Dr. Ho takes a holistic approach to treating and supporting his patients. When I first visited his practice, he said to me, “let’s find a way to improve your quality of life”. Over the years, this is exactly what he has done. He wanted to understand my future goals, current life/health happenings, and create a treatment plan best suited for me. He is a highly intelligent doctor, skilled c, and a very kind man. During my last surgery, Dr. Ho went above and beyond, spending hours to remove every tumor and stitch me up cleanly. I highly recommend Dr. Ho for all of your OB/GYN and surgical needs. The world needs more doctors like Dr. Allan W Ho.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr. Ho performed an oophorectomy for me. He was wonderful from beginning to end. There were no complications at all. He calmly took my worried phone calls and was engaging and thorough and also personal in our post-op appointment. He engaged patiently after surgery with my waiting husband while i was still sedated. His nurse crew at Beth Israel Mt Sinai in Chelsea all worked both humanely and professionally. Dr. Ho works out of the Charles B. Wang clinic in Chinatown - all the physicians and
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Ho. He performed an endometrial biopsy and uterine polyp removal on me. The surgery went well with no problems or discomfort. Before and after the surgery, Dr. Ho explained everything to me and answered all my questions. Dr. Ho is an excellent doctor and an excellent surgeon. He is a very caring doctor who is very concerned about his patients and he is very easy to talk to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr. Ho performed my hysterectomy and my experience working with him was excellent. I had very large fibroids and an enlarged and irregular uterus. Dr. Ho was able to complete my procedure laproscopically, which we were not sure was going to be possible. This was my fourth surgical procedure for fibroids and was by far the smoothest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
I had 4 fibrous (one of the fibrous was more than 7cm) and had a 7cm cyst in the ovary. I was so scared when I found out. I spoke to my family doctor who is also a surgeon and my gynecologist. They both told me that Birkin cut was the only way to remove my fibrous. But Dr. Allan Ho did the operation with robotics (opened 3 holes only). He spent more than 4 hours on the robotics operation for removing 4 fibrous and one side of ovary. I was back to work less than 3 weeks. Dr. Ho is a good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
I cannot imagine a better surgeon than Dr Ho. He thoroughly explained my medical options, listening to my issues and answering my questions. When I woke up from thetotal anaesthesia I had NO PAIN AT ALL, and later walked out of Downtown Hospital, feeling pretty good. During the following days I still had no pain, no swelling, and no discomfort. I resumed my normal life almost immediately. I am so very grateful to Dr Ho, and truly could not recommend him more highly. He is a Master Surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr Ho is a professional and excellent doctor.He helped me delivery my baby successfully.And Recently, he helped me remove a cyst in my R ovary and still successfully remained my R ovary.I am grateful for what he did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr. Ho performed a total hysterectomy on me this past May, to remove a uterine fibroid. He is absolutely one of the Best doctors/surgeons and is also affiliated with one of the best hospitals in NY. He was referred to me by my GYN of 30 years and I am so grateful to have been in such great hands and care. I highly recommend him! He is kind, attentive and a great human being!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
I have a 9 cm of uterine fibroids, such a large fibroids with laparoscopic surgery is very difficult to remove, I'm lucky met the Dr. Allan Ho His superb medical skill, serious and responsible, successful help me remove the fibroids with laparoscopic surgery, and postoperative recovery soon, I thank him very much, here also recommend any doctor, he is a skilled conscientious good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Discussing the upcoming surgery Dr Ho calmed my fears, explained everything thoroughly, and inspired me with confidence that I would be all right afterwards. Coming to after the surgery, I felt no discomfort. I healed well and with no complications.. As I resumed my sex life I was still very protective of the actual scar, the stitches on my lower abdomen. But the sex was good and unchanged from what it was before, and the way my vagina felt and my muscles functioned was just superb!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr. Ho is the best OBGYN in New York City. I have had numerous procedures, including a full Hysterectomy. I trust him completely . He is attentive and listens to how you feel so get the best possible care. I highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Very amazing doctor! He's very accurate and thorough and takes his job serious and gives out the absolute best advice. He's performed several SUCCESSFUL procedures and the biggest BLESSING of all HE DELIVERED my baby with no complications, up and walking like normal 2days after having a c-section, I didn't even need the pain medicine that was prescribed! This Dr. has the hands of god!! Thank you so so very much for everything Dr Ho. Your such an awesome dr and I can't thank you enough!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr. Ho is the best gynecologist when it comes to removing an ovarian cyst.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr. Ho is truly amazing! Before my friend recommended him to me, I saw three surgeons who all said I needed a "bikini" cut for my hysterectomy. Dr. Ho said he was confident that he could do my surgery through three tiny incisions narrower than my pinky. He performed my surgery without a hitch. I was only a little sore afterwards and didn't even need to take pain pills. Two months after the surgery, the scars were barely visible. My pain and heavy bleeding before the surgery were all gone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr. Ho is an amazing doctor!! He and his fantastic team delivered our healthy baby boy, and made it's all seems so easy. he is caring and compassionate and attentive to the needs of his patients, I wish I could give him six stars!! we're definitely going to him for our next baby. Thanks again Dr. Ho.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
I recently had a myomectomy performed by Dr. Allan Ho with Charles Wang Community Heath Center that was everything I hoped. Dr. Ho was extremely empathetic. My interaction with him epitomized what the Doctor- patient relationship should be. He listened and worked to put into practice the decisions I made for my care. When necessary he provided essential medical guidance, always expressing to me his concern and respect for my role as decision maker in this relationship. I recommend Dr Allan Ho
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Ho for many years ,monitoring my endometriosis condition.Finally in November, Dr Ho performed a laparoscopic hysterectomy on me.I had a painless and speedy recovery thanks to this great doctor.I'm so grateful to have him as my trusted gynecologist all these years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
Dr. Ho did an excellent job of caring for my mother-in-law before, during, and after her surgery. She was very pleased with his bedside manner and his ability to explain and support her unique wishes in relation to the procedure. He was very respectful of her personal opinions and body, and incorporated that into her treatment. Thank you, Dr. Ho!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
I have never met a Doctor so professional, hardworking, caring and friendly. I was amazed to find a doctor spending so much time with his patients. Dr. Ho performed surgery on me, 2 weeks ago and I was so impressed on how he performed.I went into the OR knowing that everything would be fine.I had no complications, no infection, less pain, neatly done and most of all his attitude and smiles gave me the assurance and confidence for his success. Thank you Dr. Ho and your team for a job well done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?
I had an approximately 20cm big ovarian cyst. Dr.Ho recommended me to have a bikini cut when all the other doctors told me that a large cut on the belly was the only choice. There was a cancer expert asked me to sign a consent form which stated to have the ovarian cyst remove with my left side ovary which scares me!! The surgery that Dr.Ho provided went extremely well and it only leaves a 6cm cut. I highly recommended Dr.Ho !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Allan Ho, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ho?

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

New York Medical College
1998
1994

Dr. Ho accepts

Dr. Ho accepts the following insurance:

Select
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Ho's Top Procedures and Conditions

Endometriosis

Dr. Ho treats Endometriosis more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Ho treats this condition more than 93% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Endometriosis

Dr. Ho's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Amniocentesis
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Hepatitis C Virus Screening
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Maternal Hypotension Syndrome
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC