Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 58

Psychiatry

Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Corona, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Kaiser Permanente Riverside Medical Center and Riverside University Health System-medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD

Sampat Saste MD

770 Magnolia Ave Ste 2f Corona, CA 92879 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Khaja's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Khaja's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dementia or Depression Screening

Dr. Khaja performs Dementia or Depression Screening more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Khaja performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluation

Dr. Khaja performs Psychological Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Khaja's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Insomnia
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Narcolepsy
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Parasomnias
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Shift Work Sleep Disorder
  • Sleep Study
  • Substance Use Disorders

Dr. Khaja accepts

Dr. Khaja accepts the following insurance:

Beacon Health Strategies

2.4

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Khaja

Not quite
I was optimistic about Dr. Khaja after reading ALL of the reviews. He isn’t as ridiculous as the other IEHP approved control freaks I’ve had the misfortune of speaking to since my unfortunate relocation to this area, but he still wants control over his patients and isn’t interested in helping me maintain the medication regimen approved by my neurologist and cardiologist to keep my anxiety and depression under control that has been a successful combination for years. As with all the other Medi-cal bots, he can’t prescribe Xanax nor any other short acting remedies. He will however attempt to taper said meds at a rate that is far too fast to be taken seriously. It’s sad commentary when those most in need are the ones left floundering. No wonder the suicide rate is so high. I’m not getting any younger and my patience for these antics is gone. I’m pretty sure I will be, too, soon enough. Try harder, Dr. Khaja, as you’re indifference will result in tragedy. It’s only a matter of time.
Disappointed patient – Feb 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Dr. Khaja is incredibly hostile, unprofessional, and lazy. He clearly doesn't want to get to know his patients. I had one appointment with him where he did not ask me any clinical questions about my symptoms, but still felt compelled to tell me I don't have ADHD (which I have in fact been diagnosed with) because I have a Master's degree. When I asked him to explain this he responded with, "I am the professional and you can argue with me all day if you want, but I do not agree with your previous diagnosis". The fact that this man is allowed to interact with people who are suffering with mental illness is actually criminal. He lacks seemingly any empathy or even basic social skills. It's appalling that he still has his license.
Megan – Jan 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Dr. Khaja has an indefensible stance on ADHD. He thinks that one cannot excel academically if you have ADHD. If you have a prior ADHD diagnosis, he will simply ask about your grades. If you've had good grades, he will deny you treatment. Dr. Khaja ignores the fact that people with ADHD are actually overrepresented in academic research settings. He also has a tendency toward misogyny.
DI – Jan 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Dr. khaja is such a humble physician and has the ability to trigger the root cause of my problem within 2 visits. Previously I was on Medication but now I can sleep well without any deppresion.
Jamal Singh – Nov 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Worst provider ever. Spoke over me, went as far as to discount a prior diagnosis completely (after a ten minute phone call). Was rude, stuck up, and make me cry throughout the call. PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
E – May 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
I've been a patient now for well over a year. Dr. Khaja & his staff are very professional. With the change in Covid phone visits it has been an adjustment for all of us. Honestly with my anxiety I prefer phone visits. I've not experienced a long wait or any rudeness from Dr. Khaja or his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Khaja. He listens to my concerns and feedback.
J.Logan – Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
I have seen many many Doctors for my mental health and let me start off with all the bad reviews Dr has gotten are mainly because he doesn’t give you what you want and that is what you call A GOOD DOCTOR psychiatrist don’t just give you medication you want or increase your dosage because you said so or because he tells you the truth . Dr has Been by far THE BEST DOCTOR I’ve seen, now his staff on the other hand is a different story there’s only 3 girls and the only good one and the only one I have good things to say is for Alma , SHES THE BEST STAFF most caring and very help not to mention very very friendly. The other two girl need a new job because seems like they hate helping and always give you attitude especially Jackie she should not be there and I believe Marissa is the other girl both need to realize their working in mental health field and learn how to treat the patients or get e new job
The truth – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Absolute worst medical professional I have ever dealt with. He really doesn’t care about the well-being of his patients. All he cares about it getting his money. I am a very patient and understanding person, but I refuse to work with Dr. Khaja ever again. I have given him many chances but he continues to blow me away with how horrendous he treats his patients. He dismissed my needs, and actually has yet to fill a prescription that he promised to a week ago. He is very lucky that I am stable enough to take care of myself. If you have the option, please please please do yourself a favor and see someone else. You should never have to go through what I have gone through with this “doctor”.
Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
This office has zero regard for patients. They deal with people who have serious psychiatric issues and they book appointment times in windows of 2 hours expecting people to wait by the phone. Then don't answer their phone when they are called. This level of patient service is ridiculous especially during this time of covid when the doctor is probably sitting at home. Surely you can accommodate patients as if you did in the office? I would hate to see how they treat the patient in-person.
Female Patient – Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Dr. Khaja doesn't possess one scintilla of compassion, and it's quite obvious he only cares about making as much money as possible. He is not a good listener over the phone, and is arrogant, dismissive, and rude. Angela, possibly a nurse, (who I spent 55 minutes over the phone with) told me I could call her if I had any questions anytime is disingenuous, and unprofessional. I called for her multiple times, and she didn't bother to call me back. I had a Telemedicine follow-up appointment scheduled, and Dr. Khaja was an unprofessional no show. I should have looked a bit more closely at reviews for him - 2.1 stars out of 5 stars RIGHT ON HIS WEBSITE IS EMBARRASSING. Lastly, I needed "specific medication", and Dr. Khaja attempted to force a change of prescription drugs combination down my throat. He didn't even ask me if I wanted to think about it. In lieu of the aforementioned, he calls the two prescriptions into my pharmacy. So, here I sit without any medication the medication I need!
Oct 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
I have gone a week without my meds even after explaining to the doctor and staff that I was experiencing traumatic things in my life... I recently was in a severe abusive relationship and it took swat team and about 40 sheriff's to get me out of the home and away from my ex... so even a person without anxiety and depression would be very stressed out!! And yet I still am a week late on getting my meds because they keep forgetting to call me back or respond to the pharmacy or hospital!!! Every time I call the receptionist acts like she forgot I've called at all!! She needs a new job! I do not feel good mentally at all and I can't even get ahold of my psychiatrist!! Insane!!
Jul 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Seriously some of the worst customer service I have ever had my appointment was yesterday at noon so I called about 30 times after 2 before 5 PM finally got a hold of him at 4:51 and he reassured me my prescription would be sent right away ( I had been waiting at pharmacy since 2pm ) And around 6 PM I finally gave up when the pharmacist told me they had still not received anything .. I’ve called atleast 50 times today and out of 50 calls she answered once at 10 am to tell me that she sees that it was sent over incorrectly and it just says processing but she will fix it and send it over immediately .. So I go to the pharmacy yet again wait another 2 hours getting my calls forwarded.pharmacist even got involved still nothing so 50$ later in Uber rides and boom they answer my call at 4:30 pm to tell me she is finishing it up and she’ll call to confirm .Welp didn’t happen ... Best part is she literally took the phone off the hook till five how pathetic
Camilla greenough – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
I’ve been a patient for 3+ years. Staff is friendly and attentive to my needs. I’ve been to both offices to see Dr. Khaja, and both offices are tidy and organized. I’m always able to get an appointment at the last minute if needed. This doctor listened and gave me advice on the areas where I needed improvement and then he helped me improve. I feel better and I am better because of Dr. Khaja. People say he’s doesn’t pay enough attention when I think he does. His communication style is direct and a lot of people confuse that with not enough attention. I highly recommend Dr. Khaja.
Tehra – May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
For someone who is supposed to be educated on human behavior, he lacks emotional intelligence and shows a lot of signs of narcissism. He also tried telling me that focus is a skill immediately before his phone rang while in our meeting and he answered it abruptly. I meant really? Didn't even say excuse me or acknowledge what just occurred. He just let himself get distracted. Way to lead by example lmao.
Curtis – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Curt, rude, and dismissive.
Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
First time visit with the doctor for my 3 year old son. We waited for over an hour to be seen. Office was clean and comfortable and staff was very nice. We were braught to the doctors office, and he was busy doing something so it took him a bit to acknowledge us. We began discussing why we there, he spoke of medication and I Voiced that I oppose the idea of him on medication and the entire appointment was him trying to tell me I have an irrational way of thinking. After it all he asked what can he do for me. Well evaluate my son??He tried to diagnose my son just by looking at him.
Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Asked 2 questions before prescribing me Xanax the entire meeting was less than 10 minutes left feeling worse if anything
Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
My visits and interactions with Dr. Khaja were very professional. Waiting periods were short, unfortunately so were the periods I was seen by the doctor. My complaint is with regards to his approach to treating my long term middle of the night insomnia. He listened to my history and gave me some options, unfortunately he ended up prescribed to me a benzodiazepine and a hypnotic, with my consent, assuring me it would be safe taking them long term. In his defense, I did mention I had tried various other medications, which no longer worked for me.
Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?
Dr. Khaja is the best doctor I’ve seen. I’ve had many doctors treat me through the years. He’s worth the wait.
Apr 17, 2019
He's great but the wait time is horrific ALWAYS more than 45 - 1 hr at least
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Aliuddin Khaja, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khaja?