Dr. Alison Allen, MD

Dr. Alison Allen, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Alison Allen, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Basalt, CO. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read her story

350 Market St

Basalt, CO 81621

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Allen

See how frequently Dr. Allen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Brain Disorders
Tremor
Gait Abnormality
high

Dr. Allen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Allen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Allen "Dr. Brooke Allen received her medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine in 2006. She completed her neurology residency at the University of Colorado Denver in 2010, specializing in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system including diseases and injury of the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles. She has special interests in multiple sclerosis and headaches.Dr. Allen is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in the field of Neurology. She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society. She is also active in her local medical society and a member of the Colorado Medical Society. In addition to her outpatient practice in Basalt, Colorado, Dr. Allen has privileges at Aspen Valley Hospital in Aspen, Colorado, and Grand River Hospital in Rifle, Colorado, where she serves as a consultant to other physicians and health care providers."

This content was provided by Dr. Allen "To the extent that the workday allows, I generally schedule an hour for new patients and a half hour for follow-up patients. I think it is important to spend this much time with individuals to understand the whole story and the whole person. I encourage family members to attend appointments, especially if there is a question of memory loss. Each individual has different values. Some patient choose medications for their disease, even when it is mild. Others refuse medications, even when the disease has progressed to the worst, yet treatable stage. I don't always understand the choice, but I always respect it. Many of our patients are looking for natural therapies, so we work together to find the least invasive and most natural path forward in those cases. Sometimes, we need several visits together to come up with the right plan. "

• Neurology

• Essential Tremor
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Deep Brain Stimulation
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Occipital Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Mississippi
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • University Of Colorado Health Science Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Colorado Health Science Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Allen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Allen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Allen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Allen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Allen to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Allen's Performance
Basalt, CO |
Appreciate what I learned today. Felt she was very thorough.
in Carbondale Co |
Working with Dr Allan Is very easy to talk with ,I really like Mitch Paris
in Gypsum CO |
Very professional and compassionate staff. I love Dr Allen!
in Snowmass, CO |
Very attentive. Took adequate and appropriate time; did not feel hurried on the one hand nor that my time was being ill used on the other. Goldilocks.
in Basalt, CO |
Very caring and up on what's going on with you, the patient. When I mentioned my mother and the fact that I thought that she had dementia, she took her on as a patient as well. Gave me lots of resources for both my mother and I. Very personable. Staff is very friendly and helpful as well. Professionals!
in Aspen, CO |
Dr. Allen has been extremely helpful in helping me understand and deal with migraine headaches and pain medications. I have had great success with the Nerve Block Treatment I have started here and will continue. Dr. Allen has been professional, kind and compassionate in her approach and eager to explain her thinking with regard to treatment options.
in Grand junction co |
I have had two visits with the dr and both have been very informative and positive. The doctor is ready to answer any questions that I have and is aggressively treating my ms. I am very khappy
in Aspen, CO |
It was a bit difficult at first to trust a new doctor with your health. With a leap of faith I did and couldn't be happier. My health direction is so much better and I look forward to continuing with Dr. Allen.
in Aspen, CO |
I have had MS for 21 years. Dr Allen has been my doctor for maybe the last 5. She has been excellent.
Aspen, CO |
Dr Allen is very knowledgable , informative , and personable .
in glenwood springs, colorado |
I found Dr Allen to not be very considerate and to use scare tactics about my condition. She never gave me a full diagnosis yet told me to quit my job and then told me horror stories about other patients. Never have I not connected with a doctor the way I did not with her. I would recommend driving to see someone else.
in PalisadeCo |
My daughter saw Dr. Alison B. Allen, MD due to having debilitating headaches. She was sent to her by Veronica Pelic from CU in Denver Co. She asked questions that lead up to saying you have a mental condition that is not safe. She did not give time for her to answer the questions that Allen was asking and my daughter told her she is a very happy and Allen said "I don't think so".....my daughter has been in tears ever since. I as a mom feel helpless and pray no other person goes to this lady.
Wolcott, CO |
I went to Dr Brooke Allen after a severe rollover car accident which caused many problems with concentration, headaches, intolerance to light and noise. She was brusque to the point of rudeness. She did not appear as concerned with my injuries as she was with who was going to pay for her services. She did not explain any treatment or diagnosis information sufficiently.
in Nederland, CO |
Patient beware...do not go to Dr Allen just because she's the only neurologist in the valley! Drive 100 miles! She is the rudest most condescending Dr I have ever encountered and I've been to many! I left her office in tears she is so uncaring .....had MRI and her office never even called me back to review it ( not that i would've gone) I requested copy from hospital and took it to Denver!
in Carbondale, CO |
Will never go back to her again.......terrible.
in Aspen, CO |
Dr. Allen has been a great dr. for our son who has experienced two concussions. She is a great clinician and has a thoughtful relationship with our son. We would highly recommend her.
Have you seen Dr. Alison Allen, MD?
Are you Dr. Allen?

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Cofinity
    Cofinity PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA