Dr. Alison Alford, MD

Dr. Alison Alford, MD

Headache Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Alison Alford, MD is a headache medicine specialist in Richmond, VA and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from Thomas Jefferson University in 2005 and specializes in headache medicine and pediatric neurology.Read her story

2500 Gaskins Rd Ste B

Richmond, VA 23238

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Health Net
  • Medicare
  • Optima Health

Learn about Dr. Alford

Dr. Alford's Experience

Dr. Alford's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Headache Medicine
  • Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology

Dr. Alford's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Alford "I was born and raised in Pennsylvania. I attended the University of Miami where I obtained my BS in Psychobiology. I then attended Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. After graduation, I completed my residency and fellowship at Virginia Commonwealth University. My husband and I loved Richmond so much we stayed. I earned my board certification from UCNS in Headache Medicine in 2013 making me the only Board-certified Pediatric Headache Medicine Specialist in the state of Virginia. I worked at St. Mary's Hospital for five years before I decided to open my own practice here in the west end. I am proud to say we are bringing back the heart of medicine and striving to bring quality care to headache patients. I live here in Richmond with my husband, two children and dog. I have also appeared on Virginia This Morning as well as Norfolk's Coast Live discussing the management of concussions, headaches, and neurofeedback treatment."

This content was provided by Dr. Alford "We believe in treating patients like family.  We care very deeply about all our patients and take our time with every single one.  We customize a treatment plan for each patient taking into consideration the needs and wants of the family as a whole.  We believe in bringing the relationship back to medicine and strive to do this every single day.  We also believe in never giving up and will work to research other options and try different regimens to get the results we need."

• Headache Medicine

• Botox® for Chronic Migraine
  • Neurofeedback
  • Occipital Nerve Block
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia Treatment

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Miami
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Alford has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alford does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alford and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alford to family and friends

Dr. Alford's Performance

Dr. Alford and her staff give the kind of care all medical professionals should give. I don’t feel like “a number” at Pediatric Headache Center of Richmond (PHCR). Dr. Alford always takes the time with me and doesn't make me feel rushed. She even waits while I compose questions. I drive over 2 1/2...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Alford has been treating my son William for years . She has gone above and beyond to make sure William is receiving the best treatment possible.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr.Alford spent a lot of time with my son. She really took the whole person into consideration and went out of her way to find the right solution for my son and his situation. We were both extremely happy regarding the recommendation and outcome after our initial visit.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Wonderful doctor! She is great with understanding kids and teens, I recommend Dr Allison Alford to anyone!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
She was eager to get to the bottom of the cause for my headaches. After seeing numerous neurologists that had no treatment, dr Alford came up with numerous options to pursue as possible treatments. She is willing to work with patients and will listen to their concerns within the treatment plan. I...more
Are you Dr. Alford?