Dr. Alex Afshar, MD

Dr. Alex Afshar, MD

Phlebology  |

Alex Afshar, MD, is a board-certified family practice physician and an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins, spider veins, hemorrhoids and other types of vein disease, with extensive training in the field of Phlebology (the study of vein disease). Dr. Afshar is a well-loved physician in Newtown and Fairfield, whose patients praise his ability to give them the time and individual attention they believe make a real difference in their medical care. As a passionate advocate of safe and ethical care, he is committed to providing the most appropriate, effective and safe non-surgical, in office vein treatment procedures to help patients get back to their active lives with virtually no downtime or discomfort. Dr. Afshar has a good working knowledge of Spanish, and enjoys reading, motocross, wakeboarding, and gardening in his spare time.

Vein Institute of Connecticut

• HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Afshar

Patient Testimonials

I want to say that I feel great after all my treatments here at the Vein Institute. I will recommend all my friends to come here. They are great. I am grateful and very happy with my results

Alex Afshar, MD, is a board-certified family practice physician and an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins, spider veins, hemorrhoids and other types of vein disease, with extensive training in the field of Phlebology (the study of vein disease). Dr. Afshar is a well-respected physician in Newtown and Fairfield, whose patients praise his ability to give them the time and individual attention they believe make a real difference in their medical care. As a passionate advocate

Video

Dr. Afshar's Experience

Dr. Afshar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Phlebology

• Infrared Coagulation (IRC) Hemorrhoid Removal
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Venous Sclerotherapy

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Ross University, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Stamford Hosp/Columbia U
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Stamford Hosp/Columbia U

Dr. Afshar has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

• Fairfield County Medical Association, Member

Dr. Afshar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Afshar to family and friends
Dr. Afshar's Performance
Simply the best!! Dr. Afshar and his entire staff were 100% professional from the first day I walked into the office, and throughout every consultation, procedure, and follow up appointment. He and his staff work as a well-oiled machine. Everyone I encountered was friendly, informative, and reassuring every step of the way. I have the utmost confidence and respect for this amazing Doctor and his staff! I am thrilled with the results as well. No more bulging, embarrassin...
I have been getting my veins stripped for years. Dr Afshar is the best of the Drs. out there. warm friendly atmosphere, very caring. I would recommend The Vein Institute with Dr. Afshar without hesitation. plus. hes the only dr that ever really got rid of my problems.!
Dr. Afshar and all of the staff are excellent, kind, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this practice.
Professional and caring. Job well done.
I have the best experience a patient could get from a doctor's office.
great experience, legs feel great
The staff treats you like family. They really care about you.
Dr. Afshar and his staff are great. I finally have ankles again!
the staff are very friendly and doctor Afshar is very caring and profassianal.
very positive
Dr. Afshar and his staff made me feel comfortable at all visits. Dr. always explained everything in detail and ensured I understood was he was explaining. Amazing Doc! The office staff is also amazing! Never had to wait when I arrived and they always made me feel comfortable and accommodated me.
All staff members were knowledgeable and helpful. The doctor was exceptionally patient and willing to explain everything to me. I am happy with my results.
Experience with office and Doctor was the best! I would recommend this office to anyone considering vein procedures....
they are very professional and the staffing are very professional
All positive!
Always an excellent experience. Staff are beyond friendly, always ensuring the highest level of comfort. Procedures were always explained fully.
After having to have surgery for hemmoroids 2 years ago I was very interested in the non-surgical options offered by Dr. Afshar. After a significant recent episode I had an initial consultation and was informed that the external lumps were actually internal hemmoroids and that made me an ideal candidate. In just 2 visits the 4 "pains in the butt" were treated and I am not back on the road to a normal, pain free life! Couldn't be happier! =
very good experience
I waited for years to get this done. The office offers professional staff there for your every need. My legs look and feel better. I had everyday swelling and now my look and feel amazing.
I had heavy, tired legs, aching and a big, dark vein down the back of my leg. Ick. I saw Dr Afshar who confirmed what I had thought - I inherited varicose veins from my parents! Two treatments and one scelerotherapy session later I feel lighter, I look better and I sleep more comfortably too. I highly recommend Dr. Afshar and The Vein Institute!!
Every experience was great!
everyone is so nice make you feel very comforbale.i
I had previously done sugery & bands this was excellent pain free & easy
very caring. sweet staff!
very good , very happy with the results...
if you could have a perfect experience at a doctor, this would be the one to go to! seriously! the whole office is very professional, helpful and always courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Afshar
The doctor and staff are awesome. Everyone is wonderful and the procedures were great. I can't say enough good things about everyone here. You are in good hands with this staff.
Dr Afshar and his staff are experienced and professional
Dr. Afshar is so kind and he explains everything in detail as to what to expect.
I have been coming here for the last six months and I am very happy with all the services I have received. Really looking forward to summer and finally being able to wear shorts. I can t wait to tell all my family about it.
Dr. Alex Afshar and his team were excellent to work with
Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. I'm very satisfied with the procedures I've gone through and the results.
exelente em tudo
everything was great
Overall good experience.
I went from having painful, swollen legs and restless leg syndrome to having no problems with my legs! My restless leg syndrome is completely gone and the added benefit is my legs look great! Dr Afshar and his staff are so great at their jobs! Procedures were very tolerable and they are completely available to answer all questions regarding procedures, insurance and follow-up. I will never miss a follow-up because I NEVER want to go back to the way my legs used to be. Thank you Dr. Afshar!
Great.
it was great to meet doctor Alex Afsher and his team,thanks so much , and he is amazing doctor
Great guy abs awesome bedside
in Stormville, NY |
Extremely kind and caring. Best bedside manner I have seen.
Have you seen Dr. Alex Afshar, MD?

Visit Dr. Afshar