Dr. Alex Afshar, MD

Dr. Alex Afshar, MD

Phlebology  |

Alex Afshar, MD, is a board-certified family practice physician and an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins, spider veins, hemorrhoids and other types of vein disease, with extensive training in the field of Phlebology (the study of vein disease). Dr. Afshar is a well-loved physician in Newtown and Fairfield, whose patients praise his ability to give them the time and individual attention they believe make a real difference in their medical care. As a passionate advocate of safe and ethical care, he is committed to providing the most appropriate, effective and safe non-surgical, in office vein treatment procedures to help patients get back to their active lives with virtually no downtime or discomfort. Dr. Afshar has a good working knowledge of Spanish, and enjoys reading, motocross, wakeboarding, and gardening in his spare time.

Vein Institute of Connecticut

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Afshar

Video

Dr. Afshar's Experience

Dr. Afshar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Phlebology
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Afshar I want to say that I feel great after all my treatments here at the Vein Institute. I will recommend all my friends to come here. They are great. I am grateful and very happy with my results

This content was provided by Dr. Afshar "Alex Afshar, MD, is a board-certified family practice physician and an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins, spider veins, hemorrhoids and other types of vein disease, with extensive training in the field of Phlebology (the study of vein disease). Dr. Afshar is a well-respected physician in Newtown and Fairfield, whose patients praise his ability to give them the time and individual attention they believe make a real difference in their medical care. As a passionate advocate"

• Phlebology

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Blood Clot
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Spider Veins
  • Varicose Veins

• Ambulatory Phlebectomy
  • Infrared Coagulation (IRC) Hemorrhoid Removal
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Venous Sclerotherapy

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Ross University, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Stamford Hosp/Columbia U
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Stamford Hosp/Columbia U

Dr. Afshar has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

• Fairfield County Medical Association, Member

Dr. Afshar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Afshar to family and friends
Dr. Afshar's Performance
I've had nothing but positive experiences every time I've had a procedure. Minor discomfort that never last more than a few seconds. I received follow up calls to make sure I was doing OK. Staff was very friendly and helpful!
quick easy and a kind staff
Cheerful, charming; staff explained procedures in detail. No questions unanswered to the fulllest.
I had put off for years to have my legs tested for the flow of blood within my veins. When I moved to CT. I booked an appointment for a consultation. Dr. Afshar and his entire staff made me feel extremely comfortable with my decision to have the four vein closures which were found in each of my legs. The entire process is lengthy do to insurance requirements, yet the practice was very supportive through the appointments. Gary, the medical assistant made feel comfortable during procedures.
in Oxford, CT |
From the very first consultative visit to the final procedure, I was treated with courtesy and respect, and it was an excellent experience from start to finish. The office is immaculate, and the staff are top-notch and professional, Dr. Afshar is a highly skilled MD who I developed complete and total trust in. I highly recommend him and will return to him again should another need arise. The entire staff makes everything easy!
I am going to enjoy my new legs now!
From start to finish Dr. Afshar and his staff were supportive, knowledgeable, and kind. I highly recommend them all!
Antes de visitar al DR. Alex Afshar no me sentia comoda mostrando mis piernas, luego de esta primera visita y de seguir los excelentes tratamientos y recomendaciones del Dr. y su maravilloso staff, hoy puedo mostrar mis piernas sin preocuparme de esconderlas, lucen perfectas. Gary, Renee, al igual qu el resto del staff, son super profesionales y siempre me hicieron sentir confiada y comoda, realmente te hacen sentir que importas. se preocupan de cada detalle. 100% recomen...
single word Awesome
loved everything
my experience with doctor Afshar and all his staff are professional in every way. Their service of the treatments were quite successful and it eliminated the pain in my legs and also minimized the veins that I was most concerned about. I'm very pleased with everything and I am planning to do some extra work concerning spider veins. I highly recommend him to others!
Simply the best!! Dr. Afshar and his entire staff were 100% professional from the first day I walked into the office, and throughout every consultation, procedure, and follow up appointment. He and his staff work as a well-oiled machine. Everyone I encountered was friendly, informative, and reassuring every step of the way. I have the utmost confidence and respect for this amazing Doctor and his staff! I am thrilled with the results as well. No more bulging, embarrassin...
I have been getting my veins stripped for years. Dr Afshar is the best of the Drs. out there. warm friendly atmosphere, very caring. I would recommend The Vein Institute with Dr. Afshar without hesitation. plus. hes the only dr that ever really got rid of my problems.!
Dr. Afshar and all of the staff are excellent, kind, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this practice.
Professional and caring. Job well done.
great experience, legs feel great
I have the best experience a patient could get from a doctor's office.
The staff treats you like family. They really care about you.
Dr. Afshar and his staff are great. I finally have ankles again!
the staff are very friendly and doctor Afshar is very caring and profassianal.
very positive
Dr. Afshar and his staff made me feel comfortable at all visits. Dr. always explained everything in detail and ensured I understood was he was explaining. Amazing Doc! The office staff is also amazing! Never had to wait when I arrived and they always made me feel comfortable and accommodated me.
Experience with office and Doctor was the best! I would recommend this office to anyone considering vein procedures....
All staff members were knowledgeable and helpful. The doctor was exceptionally patient and willing to explain everything to me. I am happy with my results.
they are very professional and the staffing are very professional
All positive!
Always an excellent experience. Staff are beyond friendly, always ensuring the highest level of comfort. Procedures were always explained fully.
After having to have surgery for hemmoroids 2 years ago I was very interested in the non-surgical options offered by Dr. Afshar. After a significant recent episode I had an initial consultation and was informed that the external lumps were actually internal hemmoroids and that made me an ideal candidate. In just 2 visits the 4 "pains in the butt" were treated and I am not back on the road to a normal, pain free life! Couldn't be happier! =
very good experience
I waited for years to get this done. The office offers professional staff there for your every need. My legs look and feel better. I had everyday swelling and now my look and feel amazing.
I had heavy, tired legs, aching and a big, dark vein down the back of my leg. Ick. I saw Dr Afshar who confirmed what I had thought - I inherited varicose veins from my parents! Two treatments and one scelerotherapy session later I feel lighter, I look better and I sleep more comfortably too. I highly recommend Dr. Afshar and The Vein Institute!!
Every experience was great!
everyone is so nice make you feel very comforbale.i
I had previously done sugery & bands this was excellent pain free & easy
very caring. sweet staff!
very good , very happy with the results...
if you could have a perfect experience at a doctor, this would be the one to go to! seriously! the whole office is very professional, helpful and always courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Afshar
Dr. Afshar is so kind and he explains everything in detail as to what to expect.
I have been coming here for the last six months and I am very happy with all the services I have received. Really looking forward to summer and finally being able to wear shorts. I can t wait to tell all my family about it.
Dr. Alex Afshar and his team were excellent to work with
Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. I'm very satisfied with the procedures I've gone through and the results.
exelente em tudo
The doctor and staff are awesome. Everyone is wonderful and the procedures were great. I can't say enough good things about everyone here. You are in good hands with this staff.
Dr Afshar and his staff are experienced and professional
everything was great
Overall good experience.
Great.
I went from having painful, swollen legs and restless leg syndrome to having no problems with my legs! My restless leg syndrome is completely gone and the added benefit is my legs look great! Dr Afshar and his staff are so great at their jobs! Procedures were very tolerable and they are completely available to answer all questions regarding procedures, insurance and follow-up. I will never miss a follow-up because I NEVER want to go back to the way my legs used to be. Thank you Dr. Afshar!
it was great to meet doctor Alex Afsher and his team,thanks so much , and he is amazing doctor
Great guy abs awesome bedside
Have you seen Dr. Alex Afshar, MD?

Visit Dr. Afshar