Dr. Alicia Acon, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology •  Female • Age 55

Dr. Acon

New Day OB/GYN, LLC

1951 Sw 172nd Ave Ste 315 Miramar, FL 33029

Dr. Alicia Acon, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Miramar, FL and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Universidad De Costa Rica, Facultad De Medicina medical school in 1987. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Memorial Hospital Miramar and Memorial Hospital West. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Acon to book an appointment.

Compare with other Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists

Compare Dr. Acon with our nearby Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at Plantation General Hospital.

Make an appointment at Plantation General Hospital today at (954) 228-6028.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Plantation General Hospital.

Dr. Acon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Acon

3.7

Dr. Acon?
Dr Acon is hands down wonderful. She always treated me great and kept my concerns at ease. She did my delivery and literally stayed on the floor the whole time which was needed as it was quick. She was the calm in the storm. She works in a fairly tight schedule but you’ll understand why. She lives in her scrubs because she’s always getting called to the hospital but she doesn’t let that cut into your appointment time. I only had 1 appointment cancelled because she had an emergency surgery to do. Which is COMPLETELY understandable. She has been the best gyno I have had.
Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I was very disappointed with the office staff at my appointment with the doctor and their office “policy”. I arrived to this appointment having a printout of my policy info, insurance name, and Group number for my insurance printed out from My Chart since I could not find my insurance card. This print out has been accepted at other doctors and procedural appointments that I’ve had. I arrive and they gave me a 6 page document to complete before asking me for my insurance info. This took me about 20 min to complete. I proceed to give them my printout from My Chart and they told me I could not be seen because I did not have my insurance card. What kind of compassion is that for patients? I work for Memorial and have Memorial insurance! I am there for MEDICAL CARE! My HR said they should have accepted My Chart insurance info. It is poor, inconvenient and unacceptable that a patient would be turned away for not having their actual card. That is not patient centered care, I will not be back.
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Dr. Alicia is an amazing doctor, great bedside manners, knowledgeable, kind, caring, everything you can hope for in a doctor. She tackles the problem right on the spot and goes beyond her means to help their clients. SADLY, her staff is HORRIBLE! If you arrive just a couple of minutes later, you just wasted your time and efforts that God knows the odds that took you to get there. The staff in the front tells you "sorry, you were late, you will have reschedule." There is nothing we can do. Mind you, I was 5 minutes late. Dr. Alicia in order to be a doctor 3.0, you need a staff that represents you. Fire them all! Hire people with compassion that do the same job that you do as a doctor. You staff literally is the worst i have encountered in years. And you could trust me on this. I see a lot of MD, specialist and I don't if it is my luck or my look, but I have never encountered the resistance of your staff. If you can't handle so many client, don't overload yourself. It is ridiculous.
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Dr. Acon did my delivery at memorial west See was very co-operative and i received the emotional support i needed.
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Acon. She is excellent!
Georgette Haddad in Weston , FL – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Dr. Acon is amazing. She is very thoughtful and very knowledgeable. She the first doctor I know to give out her personal number to call her for any issues.
PEMBROKE PINES – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I went to the office to see the dr. i had to wait about an hour but it was worth it Dr Acon and her staff are the great. Yes i had to wait but the girls were nice to me. I had questions regarding my insurance and Grisel the office manager who happens to be the billing person helped me. My primary dr didn't send the auth to the office so Grisel helped me with getting the authorization. They were worth the wait... I recommend this office to everyone...…. Trust me, the wait is worth it....
Tanisha – Jun 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I had requested to speak over the phone with the physician to obtain a medical note regarding my care history but was met with an acrimonious office manager who proceeded to battle with me, related to me in terms that are often used to gesture towards African Americans and when I cautioned her to stop, she decided to hang up the phone on me. I was told that to see her for my request and complaint of staff would cost $150
Pembroke Pines – May 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Horrible!!!!! Does not care for her patients, very condescending attitude. No compasión or empathy at all! Does not deserve to have the job she has.
Aventura Fl – Aug 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I LOVEEEEE DR.ACON!!!!! She's very sweet and actually listens to her patients and will do whatever it is that you want if it within her reach. I had to have a c section with her May 2016. My incision was great and I healed very quickly, and she made sure i had enough pain meds to get through it.. Overall great doctor. Grisel and Richard are great several times I've called and made same day appointments and was able to be seen...Love them all.
Pamela Clark in Miami, FL – Jul 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
This doctor and her staff will charge you left and right for the service that is 100% covered by the insurance. I was told by the receptionist when I was filling out the paperwork that I can't ask any questions during the pap smear test, or I will be charged more. I have been having this routine test done annual for the last 20 years and i was never told this by any doctor's office. It seemed pretty shady. I said ok but I was a little confused because you get to discuss issues with your ob/gyn
Hollywood, FL – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I went to this Doctor twice. The first time I needed a refill on my birth control = copay. The next time I was told that my annual is free. However, the doctor found something and I was charged a Copay. When I asked, the front desk attendant said that it was outside my annual. WHAT?!! Do not come here. This is a money hungry Doctor's office that is not interested in helping the patient. I waited 45 minutes to be seen, and she was out in 5. Wow! Left the appointment highly disappointed and upset.
Miami, FL – Apr 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Dr.Acon wasn't bad, but her office staff & billing practices are unethical. They will charge you for a Wellness visit that's supposed to be no copay, and then change how it's submitted. When questioned, i was told "How we bill is within the scope of the law".
Hollywood, FL – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
La Doctora Acon es una profesional de alto nivel y un ser humano excepcional. Supo escuchar con paciencia y apertura  mis inquietudes, su vocación y entrega generosa son dignas de admiración. Estamos con mi esposo e hija muy agradecidos por su atención durante el embarazo y el parto, por la paz y confianza que nos transmitió. Recomiendo a la Dra. Alicia y la felicito por su excelente equipo de trabajo; de forma muy especial Grisel quien nos hizo sentir bienvenidos y calidamente nos brindo confia
Maria in Sunrise, FL – Jan 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
terrible doctor, always in hurry, likes vacuum very much. Had to wait more then 2 hours for the appointment. If you want to be safe and feel safe for your baby - do not choose this doctor in any case.
Irene in Miami Beach, FL – Jan 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Very unprofessional rude staff. My wife was supposed to get an IUD. Since she can't drive her mother had to take her driving 45 minutes from her house in Boca Raton to Davie Florida and to her office in Miramar another 25 minutes. When she arrived they said that they can't do the procedure, they don't have "the machine". To come back next week and since she was done with her period they will charge $25 for a pregnancy test. Even if they messed up. Only interested on the money. Not caring.
Ft Lauderdale, FL – Dec 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Best childbirth with the best doctor! I really want to thank Dr. A. Acon for the help in the birth of our baby. It was the best experience! Dr. Acon is a true professional. It's amazing, but every visit to the doctor was like a holiday for me! She is very friendly and she loves her patients. Dr. Acon answers any questions, gives confidence. Thanks to Dr.Acon Jan19, 2016 our baby was born healthy. Everything was perfect. I really appreciate Dr. Acon's care. I recommend Dr. A. Acon to everyone.
Anna in Sunny Isles Beach, FL – Jan 31, 2016
Average experience
Yuri in Miami, FL – Jan 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Acon?

• Obstetrics & Gynecology