Dr. Alicia Acon, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Female · Age 54

Dr. Acon

New Day OB/GYN, LLC

1951 SW 172nd Ave Ste 315 Miramar, FL 33029

Dr. Alicia Acon, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Miramar, FL and has been practicing for 32 years. She graduated from Universidad De Costa Rica, Facultad De Medicina in 1987 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Acon accepts

Dr. Acon accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Centene
Memorial Healthcare System
Neighborhood Health Providers

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Acon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Acon's Top Procedures and Conditions

Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

Dr. Acon performs Vaginal Delivery and VBAC more than 79% of her peers

Dr. Acon performs this procedure more than 79% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Normal Vaginal Delivery

Dr. Acon treats Symptomatic Menopause more than 71% of her peers

Dr. Acon treats this condition more than 71% of her peers

Dr. Acon's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer Screening
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Maternal Hypotension Syndrome
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

3.8

Dr. Acon?
Dr. Acon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alicia Acon, MD
Dr. Alicia is an amazing doctor, great bedside manners, knowledgeable, kind, caring, everything you can hope for in a doctor. She tackles the problem right on the spot and goes beyond her means to help their clients. SADLY, her staff is HORRIBLE! If you arrive just a couple of minutes later, you just wasted your time and efforts that God knows the odds that took you to get there. The staff in the front tells you "sorry, you were late, you will have reschedule." There is nothing we can do. Mind you, I was 5 minutes late. Dr. Alicia in order to be a doctor 3.0, you need a staff that represents you. Fire them all! Hire people with compassion that do the same job that you do as a doctor. You staff literally is the worst i have encountered in years. And you could trust me on this. I see a lot of MD, specialist and I don't if it is my luck or my look, but I have never encountered the resistance of your staff. If you can't handle so many client, don't overload yourself. It is ridiculous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Dr. Acon did my delivery at memorial west See was very co-operative and i received the emotional support i needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Acon. She is excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Dr. Acon is amazing. She is very thoughtful and very knowledgeable. She the first doctor I know to give out her personal number to call her for any issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I went to the office to see the dr. i had to wait about an hour but it was worth it Dr Acon and her staff are the great. Yes i had to wait but the girls were nice to me. I had questions regarding my insurance and Grisel the office manager who happens to be the billing person helped me. My primary dr didn't send the auth to the office so Grisel helped me with getting the authorization. They were worth the wait... I recommend this office to everyone...…. Trust me, the wait is worth it....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I had requested to speak over the phone with the physician to obtain a medical note regarding my care history but was met with an acrimonious office manager who proceeded to battle with me, related to me in terms that are often used to gesture towards African Americans and when I cautioned her to stop, she decided to hang up the phone on me. I was told that to see her for my request and complaint of staff would cost $150
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Horrible!!!!! Does not care for her patients, very condescending attitude. No compasión or empathy at all! Does not deserve to have the job she has.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I LOVEEEEE DR.ACON!!!!! She's very sweet and actually listens to her patients and will do whatever it is that you want if it within her reach. I had to have a c section with her May 2016. My incision was great and I healed very quickly, and she made sure i had enough pain meds to get through it.. Overall great doctor. Grisel and Richard are great several times I've called and made same day appointments and was able to be seen...Love them all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
This doctor and her staff will charge you left and right for the service that is 100% covered by the insurance. I was told by the receptionist when I was filling out the paperwork that I can't ask any questions during the pap smear test, or I will be charged more. I have been having this routine test done annual for the last 20 years and i was never told this by any doctor's office. It seemed pretty shady. I said ok but I was a little confused because you get to discuss issues with your ob/gyn
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
I went to this Doctor twice. The first time I needed a refill on my birth control = copay. The next time I was told that my annual is free. However, the doctor found something and I was charged a Copay. When I asked, the front desk attendant said that it was outside my annual. WHAT?!! Do not come here. This is a money hungry Doctor's office that is not interested in helping the patient. I waited 45 minutes to be seen, and she was out in 5. Wow! Left the appointment highly disappointed and upset.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Dr.Acon wasn't bad, but her office staff & billing practices are unethical. They will charge you for a Wellness visit that's supposed to be no copay, and then change how it's submitted. When questioned, i was told "How we bill is within the scope of the law".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
La Doctora Acon es una profesional de alto nivel y un ser humano excepcional. Supo escuchar con paciencia y apertura  mis inquietudes, su vocación y entrega generosa son dignas de admiración. Estamos con mi esposo e hija muy agradecidos por su atención durante el embarazo y el parto, por la paz y confianza que nos transmitió. Recomiendo a la Dra. Alicia y la felicito por su excelente equipo de trabajo; de forma muy especial Grisel quien nos hizo sentir bienvenidos y calidamente nos brindo confia
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
terrible doctor, always in hurry, likes vacuum very much. Had to wait more then 2 hours for the appointment. If you want to be safe and feel safe for your baby - do not choose this doctor in any case.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Very unprofessional rude staff. My wife was supposed to get an IUD. Since she can't drive her mother had to take her driving 45 minutes from her house in Boca Raton to Davie Florida and to her office in Miramar another 25 minutes. When she arrived they said that they can't do the procedure, they don't have "the machine". To come back next week and since she was done with her period they will charge $25 for a pregnancy test. Even if they messed up. Only interested on the money. Not caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?
Best childbirth with the best doctor! I really want to thank Dr. A. Acon for the help in the birth of our baby. It was the best experience! Dr. Acon is a true professional. It's amazing, but every visit to the doctor was like a holiday for me! She is very friendly and she loves her patients. Dr. Acon answers any questions, gives confidence. Thanks to Dr.Acon Jan19, 2016 our baby was born healthy. Everything was perfect. I really appreciate Dr. Acon's care. I recommend Dr. A. Acon to everyone.
Average experience
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alicia Acon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Acon?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Acon treats patients.

Memorial Hospital West