Dr. Alice Wei, MD

Nephrology | Female

Dr. Alice Wei 51 Saint Nicholas Ave Between 112th and 113th St New York, NY 10026 Get Directions
Dr. Alice Wei, MD
Dr. Alice Wei is a Nephrologist specializing in preventing kidney failure in the Harlem community. She is the author of many publications and is the recipient of numerous awards including the Physician's Award for Clinical Excellence and Outstanding Employee Award among others. Her work as Medical Director helped Fresenius Medical Care's Harlem Dialysis Center receive the Platinum Center of Excellence Award twice. She is sought for her expertise in leadership as a medical director and has consulted for hospitals and large dialysis chains. "Creating positive change, one patient at a time, is still my passion." - Dr. Wei While effecting systematic changes within the dialysis community through her consultancy, she continues to serve the Harlem community through her private practice. She lives with her husband (also a Nephrologist) and 2 daughters in Manhattan, enjoys yoga, window sill gardening and travelling.

Dr. Wei's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wei specializes in blood pressure and kidney care to prevent kidney failure. Working in Harlem for over 12 years, she understands the unique challenges in this community and strives to offer patient centered care with empathy and compassion. She will collaborate with you, your doctors and your support network for optimal results. Family or friends are welcome during your visit with us. Preserving your kidney function for as long as possible is our focus, so you can focus on your life. If you are living with kidney failure, Dr. Wei offers treatment options that can give you the lifestyle and quality of life you desire; Peritoneal Dialysis (bloodless dialysis at home), Hemodialysis at home or conventional in-center Hemodialysis as a bridge to Transplantation, or comfort care if suitable. It is important to us that our patients feel cared for in addition to receiving the best of care. Welcome to our practice!

Dr. Wei's Experience

See how Dr. Wei's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wei

Dr. Wei accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Wei is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Wei has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wei's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wei to family and friends
Dr. Wei Says:

Many of our patients are elderly and do not use the internet, so we may not have many survey's available.  But if you had a good experience in Dr. Wei's office, please leave us a 4 star or higher rating! If you had a negative experience, please speak with us as soon as possible and we will make every attempt to right any wrongs.  We value your trust and appreciate the opportunity to care for you.

Dr. Wei's Performance
NEW YORK, NY |
Went to Dr. Wei's facility. First and foremost her Assistant is a pleasure. She is very friendly and accommodating. Dr. Wei takes the time (1 hr) to review your labs and referring physician's findings to help put you at ease. She is efficient and knows the Nephrology profession very well
in New York, New York |
I recommend Dr. Wei because she is knowledgeable, friendly and is careful. I was nervous about my kidney problems but she was really good about explaining everything to me. I had a lot of questions and she answered all of them. It just felt like I knew her from before. I told my girlfriends about her already and will bring my uncle to her because all he knows is that his kidneys are bad. I told him that that's not a diagnosis!
Thank you for spreading the word Jeannie! We appreciate the kind feedback.
in New Rochelle, NY |
Very nice lady doctor. Convinced my husband to do what he needed to do to treat his blood pressure. I think she saved his life!
Thank you for your feedback! I hope you and Robert are doing well.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Wei is an exceptional physician. She is extremely intelligent (she completed her undergraduate training at MIT) and knowledgeable. In addition, she is compassionate, caring, and kind, and she takes the time to educate and explain the rationale behind her treatment decisions. She is meticulous and detail-oriented as well. I feel very fortunate to have found this talented nephrologist.
Thank you Esther! Your trust is very important to us.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Wei is the most knowledgeable doctor that I know. She spends a great amount of time with her patients making sure they can completely understand every aspect of their health. She's caring and passionate about her work and takes pride in the care she delivers to each patient. She focuses on the whole picture with each patient and not just her specialty. She's an awesome doctor!!!
Thank you for the compliments Jane! We strive to give every patient good care and a positive experience.
in NY, NY |
Dr. Wei takes really good care of my mother. She is very patient with us and my mother liked her from the first visit. She doesn't talk down to you like a lot of other doctors and she makes you feel better no matter what kind of day you are having. My mother's pressure is normal now with Dr. Wei. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my mother's pressure or kidney problems. If you have high pressure or kidney problems you should go see Dr. Wei.
Thank you Ms. Johnson! We are happy to hear your mother's blood pressure is better now.
in NY, NY |
Dr. Wei is a very good doctor. Dr. Wei spends a lot of time with me when I go see her.
in New York, NY |
She spends more time with me than any other doctor. She takes her time to explain everything to me and makes sure I understand why she is doing what she is doing. I had other doctors that didn't listen to me, and ignored my problems, but not her. If there is any question, she picks up the phone and calls the pharmacy or other doctors so everyone is on the same page. Dr. Wei is my favorite doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Alice Wei, MD?

Compare Dr. Wei

Dr. Wei says...

Dr. Alice Wei is a Nephrologist specializing in preventing kidney failure in the Harlem community.  She is the author of many publications and is the recipient of numerous awards including the Physician's Award for Clinical Excellence and Outstanding Employee Award among others.  Her work as Medical Director helped Fresenius Medical Care's Harlem Dialysis Center receive the Platinum Center of Excellence Award twice.  She is sought for her expertise in leadership as a medical director and has consulted for hospitals and large dialysis chains.

Dr. Wei's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wei specializes in blood pressure and kidney care to prevent kidney failure.  Working in Harlem for over 12 years, she understands the unique challenges in this community and strives to offer patient centered care with empathy and compassion.  She will collaborate with you, your doctors and your support network for optimal results.  Family or friends are welcome during your visit with us.  Preserving your kidney function for as long as possible is our focus, so you can focus on your life.

If you are living with kidney failure, Dr. Wei offers treatment options that can give you the lifestyle and quality of life you desire; Peritoneal Dialysis (bloodless dialysis at home), Hemodialysis at home or conventional in-center Hemodialysis as a bridge to Transplantation, or comfort care if suitable.  It is important to us that our patients feel cared for in addition to receiving the best of care.

Welcome to our practice!

Dr. Wei says...

We focus on the prevention of kidney failure.

For patients with kidney failure, we focus on preserving your lifestyle and quality of life.

Dr. Wei says...

Dr. Wei is passionate about finding the treatment option most suitable for each individual patient and their lifestyle.

Peritoneal Dialysis (bloodless dialysis at home)

Home Hemodialysis

In-center Hemodialysis

Transplantation

Comfort, conservative, palliative care

Dr. Wei says...

Dr. Wei's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Nephrology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology

Dr. Wei has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wei's Board Certifications

• Hyperparathyroidism
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Kidney Disease

Nephrology Research Fellowship

Completed in 2004

• Chinese
  • Mandarin

Dr. Wei does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wei and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Nephrology