Dr. Alia Abdulla, DO

Dr. Alia Abdulla, DO

General Surgery  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Alia Abdulla, DO is a general surgery specialist in Hialeah, FL and has been practicing for 4 years. She graduated from Nova Se Univ Coll Of Osteo Med in 2007 and specializes in general surgery, oncology, and more.Read her story

7150 W 20th Ave Ste 615

Hialeah, FL 33016

• Amerihealth
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Abdulla

See how frequently Dr. Abdulla performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stomach Cancer
high
Melanoma
Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer

Dr. Abdulla's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Abdulla's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Abdulla "It is an honor to be part of the staff of the Center for Advanced Surgical Oncology. My initial exposure to cancer was during my time at the National Cancer Institute as part of the National Institutes of Health in Washington, DC. There I performed cancer research. This eventual sparked my interest in Oncology. Later I was able to merge my interests of surgery and oncology in one field of Surgical Oncology. I an enthralled by the dedicated care my training allowed me to provide to my patients. I trained in general surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. During my research fellowship at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland, I learned from experts in the field of surgical oncology about clinical trial design, experimental therapeutics and the importance of bench-to-bedside research to progress the fight against cancer. I encountered patients with very complex problems, and the greatest lesson I learned was there are always treatment options, utilizing all different types of techniques including radiation, chemotherapy and surgery. My clinical surgical oncology fellowship at the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has provided me with an extensive understanding of the multidisciplinary approach to treating patients with cancer. One of the greatest benefits of a cancer center like Fox Chase is the close knit group of expert physicians from all specialties that are constantly interacting and providing the highest level of care using the most innovative strategies to treat all aspects of cancer. That is exactly the care am seeking to provide my patients. I have developed a particularly strong interest in the surgical and multimodal treatment of patients with Melanoma, Sarcoma and Colorectal cancers, using traditional surgery, regional therapies, and minimally invasive techniques. I have the operative expertise to perform many of these complex procedures using laparoscopic, robotic, and TAMIS (transaanal minimally invasive surgery) techniques and have had advanced training in using newest techniques. I am an expert in the treatment of colorectal cancer including; sphincter sparing and nerve sparing resections, and treating patients with hereditary colorectal cancer syndromes. For melanoma and sarcoma that has regional spread in the extremities I offer a minimally invasive technique, and perform minimally invasive inguinal lymph node dissections. Most importantly, I hold my patients as my number one priority. I will spend as much time as necessary educating, answering questions and providing guidance for each individual patient to help them throughout each stage of treatment. I believe in candid discussions, where both the patients and families goals and expectations are openly communicated. We will work together as a team to formulate a treatment plan. My personal goal is to treat and care for every patient with the same compassion and honesty as if they were a friend or family member."

• General Surgery

• University of Miami
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • Nova Se Univ Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Temple University Hospital and Fox Chase Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Abdulla has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abdulla does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abdulla and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abdulla's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abdulla to family and friends

Dr. Abdulla's Performance

Dr. Abdulla and her office staff was able to fit me in for an emergency appointment on the same day within 2 hours. Dr. Abdulla is highly attentive and informative. Her office staff made me feel welcomed. Was in and out of the office within 2 hours. Amazing doctor!!!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Alia Abdulla is a gorgeous doctor,a beautiful person,an excellent professional and a humanitarian woman,I love her,your passion,is an accurate professional. I recommend DR . Alia Abdulla who works with Dr. Adrian Legaspi and takes the new concep,image of Palmeto Hospital.GOD bless you Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option0