Dr. Alia Abdulla, DO

General Surgery | Female

Dr. Alia Abdulla, DO
It is an honor to be part of the staff of the Center for Advanced Surgical Oncology. My initial exposure to cancer was during my time at the National Cancer Institute as part of the National Institutes of Health in Washington, DC. There I performed cancer research. This eventual sparked my interest in Oncology. Later I was able to merge my interests of surgery and oncology in one field of Surgical Oncology. I an enthralled by the dedicated care my training allowed me to provide to my patients. I trained in general surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. During my research fellowship at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland, I learned from experts in the field of surgical oncology about clinical trial design, experimental therapeutics and the importance of bench-to-bedside research to progress the fight against cancer. I encountered patients with very complex problems, and the greatest lesson I learned was there are always treatment options, utilizing all different types of techniques including radiation, chemotherapy and surgery. My clinical surgical oncology fellowship at the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has provided me with an extensive understanding of the multidisciplinary approach to treating patients with cancer. One of the greatest benefits of a cancer center like Fox Chase is the close knit group of expert physicians from all specialties that are constantly interacting and providing the highest level of care using the most innovative strategies to treat all aspects of cancer. That is exactly the care am seeking to provide my patients. I have developed a particularly strong interest in the surgical and multimodal treatment of patients with Melanoma, Sarcoma and Colorectal cancers, using traditional surgery, regional therapies, and minimally invasive techniques. I have the operative expertise to perform many of these complex procedures using laparoscopic, robotic, and TAMIS (transaanal minimally invasive surgery) techniques and have had advanced training in using newest techniques. I am an expert in the treatment of colorectal cancer including; sphincter sparing and nerve sparing resections, and treating patients with hereditary colorectal cancer syndromes. For melanoma and sarcoma that has regional spread in the extremities I offer a minimally invasive technique, and perform minimally invasive inguinal lymph node dissections. Most importantly, I hold my patients as my number one priority. I will spend as much time as necessary educating, answering questions and providing guidance for each individual patient to help them throughout each stage of treatment. I believe in candid discussions, where both the patients and families goals and expectations are openly communicated. We will work together as a team to formulate a treatment plan. My personal goal is to treat and care for every patient with the same compassion and honesty as if they were a friend or family member.

Dr. Abdulla's Experience

See how Dr. Abdulla's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abdulla

Dr. Abdulla accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Abdulla is now accepting new patients
Center for Advanced Surgical Oncology7150 W 20th Ave Ste 615
Hialeah, FL 33016
Evening
(305) 820-6657Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Abdulla has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abdulla's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abdulla to family and friends
Dr. Abdulla's Performance
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Abdulla and her office staff was able to fit me in for an emergency appointment on the same day within 2 hours. Dr. Abdulla is highly attentive and informative. Her office staff made me feel welcomed. Was in and out of the office within 2 hours. Amazing doctor!!!!
in Doral,florida 33178 |
Dr. Alia Abdulla is a gorgeous doctor,a beautiful person,an excellent professional and a humanitarian woman,I love her,your passion,is an accurate professional. I recommend DR . Alia Abdulla who works with Dr. Adrian Legaspi and takes the new concep,image of Palmeto Hospital.GOD bless you Dr. Alia Abdullah
Have you seen Dr. Alia Abdulla, DO?
Are you Dr. Abdulla?

Compare Dr. Abdulla

Dr. Abdulla says...

It is an honor to be part of the staff of the Center for Advanced Surgical Oncology.  My initial exposure to cancer was during my time at the National Cancer Institute as part of the National Institutes of Health in Washington, DC.  There I performed cancer research.  This eventual sparked my interest in Oncology.  Later I was able to merge my interests of surgery and oncology in one field of Surgical Oncology.

I an enthralled by the dedicated care my training allowed me to provide to my patients.  I trained in general surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.  During my research fellowship at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland, I learned from experts in the field of surgical oncology about clinical trial design, experimental therapeutics and the importance of bench-to-bedside research to progress the fight against cancer. I encountered patients with very complex problems, and the greatest lesson I learned was there are always treatment options, utilizing all different types of techniques including radiation, chemotherapy and surgery. My clinical surgical oncology fellowship at the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has provided me with an extensive understanding of the multidisciplinary approach to treating patients with cancer. One of the greatest benefits of a cancer center like Fox Chase is the close knit group of expert physicians from all specialties that are constantly interacting and providing the highest level of care using the most innovative strategies to treat all aspects of cancer. That is exactly the care am seeking to provide my patients. I have developed a particularly strong interest in the surgical and multimodal treatment of patients with Melanoma, Sarcoma and Colorectal cancers, using traditional surgery, regional therapies, and minimally invasive techniques. I have the operative expertise to perform many of these complex procedures using laparoscopic, robotic, and TAMIS (transaanal minimally invasive surgery) techniques and have had advanced training in using newest techniques.  I am an expert in the treatment of colorectal cancer including; sphincter sparing and nerve sparing resections, and treating patients with hereditary colorectal cancer syndromes.  For melanoma and sarcoma that has regional spread in the extremities I offer a minimally invasive technique, and perform minimally invasive inguinal lymph node dissections.

Dr. Abdulla's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Abdulla has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abdulla's Board Certifications

• Stomach Diseases
  • Thyroid Cancer

Nova Se Univ Coll Of Osteo Med

Graduated in 2007

University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)

Completed in 2008

University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)

Completed in 2012

Temple University Hospital and Fox Chase Cancer Center

Completed in 2014

University of Miami

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Abdulla does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abdulla and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery