Dr. Ali Zahrai, MD

Dr. Ali Zahrai, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. Ali Zahrai, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Clearwater, FL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Zahrai is affiliated with Morton Plant Hospital, Largo Medical Center - Indian Rocks Campus, Largo Medical Center and Mease Countryside Hospital.

Orthopaedic Associates of West Florida

430 Morton Plant St Ste 301

Clearwater, FL 33756

• AvMed
  • Golden Rule
  • Lovelace Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Zahrai

See how frequently Dr. Zahrai performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Back Pain
Low Back Pain
Osteoarthritis of Spine

Dr. Zahrai's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Zahrai "Dr.Zahrai has extensive experience, diversity and competency in spine surgery and cutting edge techniques such as minimally invasive spine surgery and regenerative medicine including stem cell therapy.

He practices with compassion and concern for his patients welfare and recovery and believes in treating patients "as if they were my own family" and only offering surgery as a final solution."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Musculoskeletal Injuries
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Failed Back Surgery Revision
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

• J.A. Nutter Award, 2010
  • Gallie Bateman Research Award, 2010
  • R.I. Harris Award, University of Toronto, 2011
  • Robin Sullivan Award, 2009

Dr. Zahrai has no media or publications listed.

• Persian

Dr. Zahrai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zahrai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zahrai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zahrai to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Zahrai's Performance
in Clearwater, FL |
I call him the miracle man. Told me what to expect from the surgery before and after. I limped and was in pain non-stop for 2 months. I had surgery performed by Dr Zahrai on Aug 2, 2017 and this post is Aug 15th, 2017. I am 100% pain free. This Doctor has gifted hands.. I was actually pain free the day of surgery other than the very mild pain from the surgery itself (which was gone in 3 days)
in New Port Richey, FL |
After much research and recommendations I turned to Dr. Zahrai for help. I am blessed beyond words that he was my surgeon. He discussed every angle of my condition until I was satisfied that surgery was indeed the way to go. I have had NO pain....a few muscle spasms for the first week is all. Didn't need any pain meds. The numbness, tingling and pain in my shoulders, arms and hands is completely gone as is my swallowing problem. Thank you Dr. Zahrai! You really are the very best!!
St Petersburg, FL |
I really expected a lot , after reading several other reviews. However, my experience was terribly disappointing and upsetting. I waited over an hour to get in to see him and was asked by his nurse which body part I wanted to discuss, with the doctor , as he only discusses one part at time! Dr Zahrai was not at all friendly and quickly told me he couldn't do anything and didn't suggest an alternative . I left feeling hopeless. This is not a kind, caring doctor.
Belleair, FL |
Excellent communication, very thoughtful and caring. Surgery a complete success.
in Safety Harbor,FL |
After my surgery, I was able to walk all day for the 1st time in 35+ years. After numerous x-rays, MRI's and Cortisone shots over the years, I'd been told by doctors that I wasn't a candidate for back surgery. On our last vacation, I told my Husband, I can't take this anymore. Something must be done. The Ibuprofen, Naproxen, and Cortisone shots are NOT working! When I took my MRI's to Dr. Zahrai, he said you should've had surgery years ago. I'm 78 and can now enjoy the rest of my life pain fee.
in Indian Rocks Beach |
I am 68 and had a bad lower back problem causing pain in my right leg and sporadic loss of control of that leg. Dr. Zahrai quickly diagnosed the problem and very clearly told me what the issue was and what my options were. The suggested procedure was a laminectomy on the L4 and L5. Almost immediately after the surgery, the pain and numbness was gone from my leg. I was able to walk unassisted out of the hospital. Dr. Zahrai and his staff have been very supportive. Very pleased.
in Seminole ,FL |
I'm 81, and have had lower back problems for many years. I had tried all the temporary" fixes". When I got to the point where I couldn't walk a whole block without having to sit down, I knew surgery was my last resort . I spent quite some time vetting surgeons. On my first appointment, I was impressed with Dr. Zahrai's comments with regard to my condition, and with his confident professionalism. I had my 2 surgeries last month; both very successful .My back is straight; walking is pain-free.
in Clearwater, FL |
Dr Zahrai performed my back surgery to remove a synovial cyst. I had a complicating issue that he explained could slow my healing but if I took care of myself I should heal nicely and the pain should be gone. I am 6 months removed from my surgery and followed his instruction completely. I healed very well. My excruciating pain is gone and my active life has been back in full swing. Don't avoid back surgery but choose your surgeon carefully. I would highly recommend Dr. Zahrai.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Zahrai operated on my mother's back in January. She has several underlying health conditions and it was a complicated procedure. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Zahrai. He took excellent care of my mom. He answered all of my questions and kept me informed even when I returned home to Colorado. I could not be more pleased with the care my mother received.
in Largo |
I went to see Dr. Zahrai because of a workman's comp injury to my back. He told me that the several disc bulges and the annular tear in one of the discs were not bad at all. Despite the warmth I feel in my left leg and the pain I experience when lifting, he told me that "his back was worse" Every time I would start to ask a question he would talk over me.He bemoaned the amount of time he took with me (Even citing it in his doctors report). He got a degree and lost his class. Condescending, rude.
in Belleair, FL |
My wife has suffered chronic, debilitating lower back and leg pain. Conservative treatment failed. The pain would bring her to tears. Dr. Zahrai in a two hour, small incision procedure provided immediate relief. She went from unable to reposition in pre- op to 100% pain free in recovery. As Dr. Zahrai said, "the nerve is now free as a bird." And just as important as his surgical expertise is his genuine concern for his patients. He made us feel like we were his friends. A great guy.
in Largo, FL |
I was referred to Dr Zahrai by the pain management physician at the same practice. This man acted like I was wasting his time! He did not want to hear anything I had to say about my pain, he was just convinced that I didn't need to be seeing him instead I needed to go to a Hip Dr in the same practice. I have been shuffled from on physician to another here with each one collecting another co-pay. I have to fill out a "new " patient form for each Dr I see at Orthopedic Associates of West Florida!
in Clearwater, FL |
Wonderful. My first post-op was pain free and walking immediately.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Zahrai was very nice, patient and thorough. He put me at ease. His staff was wonderful and very efficient from check-in to nurse assessment to x-ray to doctor to checkout!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Zahrai saved me. I was in excruciating pain, could not sit or sleep, and could barely walk due to a severely herniated disc at L5/S1. Dr. Zahrai wasted no time and scheduled me for surgery immediately. He was professional, meticulous, and answered all my questions. Three weeks after surgery, and I am a whole new person. I cannot sing enough praise for this doctor, I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat!
in Belleair, FL |
This past January he came home from golf one day and he could barely walk complaining of extreme pain in his lower back and leg. He went to several doctors to try to relieve the pain. We were then referred to Dr. Ali Zahrai. He did not suggest surgery immediately but said it was very likely. My husband was operated on two weeks ago L3,4,5. The operation took 6 1/2 hours the pain is now gone and he feels great. . THANK YOU Dr. Zahrai
in plant city |
I came into Dr. Zahrai's office a broken, injured young woman. I was in a car accident and it damaged my L5 S1. I could barely walk for months. He did all he could to avoid surgery if possible. Surgery was inevitable. He had me scheduled for a Laminectomy,Disectomy within a few weeks. The facility he sent me to was wonderful. He took his time in surgery, my incision is perfection. He saved me. I'm better and better everyday thanks to him. I feel so blessed he was my Dr. So professional.
Have you seen Dr. Ali Zahrai, MD?
Are you Dr. Zahrai?

Clearwater, FL 33756
Mease Countryside Hospital
3231 McMullen Booth Rd
Safety Harbor, FL 34695

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Zahrai at Orthopaedic Associates of West Florida

Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction Specialist