Nephrology  |
Dr. Ali Nayer, MD
Dr. Nayer is an academic nephrologist, internist, pathologist, educator, and investigator. He received his medical degree from Cologne University in Germany. After his residency in pathology and internal medicine at Brown University in Rhode Island, he completed his clinical and research fellowship in nephrology, pathology of the kidney, and kidney transplantation at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital affiliated with Harvard University. Later, he studied diabetes mellitus and diabetic kidney disease at Harvard-affiliated Joslin Diabetes Center, the world's preeminent diabetes research and clinical care organization. Dr. Nayer held faculty positions at the Harvard Medical School (Lecturer), Alpert Medical School at Brown University (Assistant Professor of Medicine), and Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami (Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine). During an academic career spanning over nearly two decades, Dr. Nayer practiced consultative nephrology at some of the most prestigious tertiary medical centers in the country. While a faculty at Brown University, he served as consultant nephrologist at the Hallett Center for Diabetes. At the University of Miami Hospital, he served as the Medical Director of the Dialysis and Apheresis Services. Dr. Nayer served as a Medical Director at several dialysis centers including Fresenius and DaVita. Dr. Nayer is considered an expert in inflammatory, glomerular, and metabolic kidney diseases as well as thrombotic microangiopathies. He has published over 60 scientific reports and book chapters on the kidney disease. Dr. Nayer was the principal investigator or co-investigator of several NIH-sponsored clinical trials and has presented his research findings at national and international meetings. He serves on the editorial board of several medical journals and is frequently invited to give a lecture on the kidney disease.

2040 NE 163rd St Ste 204

North Miami Beach, FL 33162

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Nayer

Excellence in Nephrology, Hypertension, and Pathology of the Kidney

Dr. Nayer's Experience

Dr. Nayer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Nephrology

• Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Iron Metabolism Disorders

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Brown University Ri Hosp
  • Harvard University Med Sch Bringham Womens Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Nayer has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Nayer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nayer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nayer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nayer to family and friends
Dr. Nayer's Performance
in Miami, FL |
There are not enough words to describe how much I appreciate Dr.Nayer and all he has done but I can say that he is an HERO! He saved my life and never gave up on me even when I would give up on myself. I truly believe he can fix anything that is why I always contact him for anything I feel is wrong and guess what? He fixes it! I refuse to see anyone else besides Dr.Nayer because he is a very good doctor and I know I am not the first or last to say it.
in Tegucigalpa, Honduras |
I have been a patient of Dr. Nayer since June 2013 when he saved my life after being diagnosed with Good Pasture disease. He an excellent professional, caring and always available to answer any doubts. I travel from my country Honduras to Miami to visit him every six months for follow up. It is always a pleasure to see him. He has been of great support for me and my family.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Nayer is very professional, caring and compassionate. He spends enough time to explain all the details. He is an excellent doctor and I recommend him 100%.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Nayer is a great doctor with a great educational and research background. He is caring and devote a lot of time to his patients. He is the best nephrologist in Florida.
Miami, FL |
Over 5 years, Dr. Nayer has made me feel strong. He has been very supporting. He has been taking good care of my kidneys. I really love him.
Miami, FL |
Dr. Nayer is a caring, compassionate and brillant doctor. At the same time he is modest and humble!!! I recommend him highly to everyone needing a doctor that is going to get results. if it weren't for his special care and devotion I would not be alive.
in Miami Beach, FL |
I have chronic kidney disease that transformed to rapidly progressive glomerulo- pathy. Dr. Nayer had not been managing my disease before, but I was lucky enough that he was on service at the hospital I was admitted to. He made the diagnosis immediately and managed my disease aggressively. Even though the treatment was aggressive, he assured me everything was fine. Right now I feel much better than before he took care of my disease. Dr. Ali Nayer really cares about his patients. Excellent doctor
in Miami, FL |
I feel very blessed that I found Dr. Nayer as my Nephrologist. He was very interested in my case, took the time to listen to everything I have been through these last 10 years in regards of treatments for lupus. He offers excellent medicine as he considers all the aspects of the patient’s live to give advice and prescribe treatment. Dr. Nayer is an excellent professional and what I value the most is that he treats me as a human being, taking good care of me. I cannot complain of anything!
Have you seen Dr. Ali Nayer, MD?
Are you Dr. Nayer?