Dr. Ali Murad, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 45

Dr. Murad
1600 N Grand Ave Ste 508 Pueblo, CO 81003

Dr. Ali Murad, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Pueblo, CO. He is affiliated with medical facilities Parkview Medical Center and St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Murad to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Murad's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Murad treats Myelopathy more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Murad treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Myelopathy
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Murad treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Murad treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

• Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Murad's conditions and procedures:

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. Murad accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Murad has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(719) 595-7040Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Murad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Murad

4.2

Dr. Murad
Not very good at explaining and was in a big hurry to leave room. Not impressed and will go elsewhere for diagnosis.SRK. He is terrible at explaining and in very big hurry to end time with patient. Not at all confident in this Dr.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
SRK – Sep 23, 2021
Have broken pedal screw my back from Dr Murads previous surgery did nothing to remove broken screw. Dr Murad fired me,his words, stating “there was nothing he could do for me” But he said he was curious as to why the pedal screw had broken ask if I would do cat scan/mri I agreed that was 5/20- now year later still never heard back from him.
Apr 15, 2021
He is a very personable, caring, and talented surgeon. He has been a blessing to my family. I wouldn't go anywhere else for this kind of surgery!
Sep 20, 2019
I had a five-level anterior cervical fusion by Dr. Murad at Parkview hospital in October, 2018 due to severe compression in five areas of the spinal cord in my neck. I was referred to Dr. Murad by my neurologist, Dr. Sunku after I experienced numbness and weakness in my left arm. I was advised by several other doctors that my surgery was complex and that I might still have the same symptoms after surgery, but without the surgery I was at risk for worsening symptoms and possible paralysis. Immediately after the surgery, my symptoms were very much improved and my recovery has gone extremely well. I am especially thankful that I didn't have to go out of town for my follow-up visits. Dr. Murad and his staff, especially his Physician's Assistant Micah, were always respectful and courteous. Pueblo is very fortunate to have such a skilled neurosurgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs neurosurgery.
Larry W. Lewis – Sep 18, 2019
I developed an imbalance over fifteen years which progressively worsened. Testing and visits with an excellent neurologist Dr. Sunku led me to needing a specialist in nerve damage. I was lucky enough to have a recommendation to Dr. Murad. I had complete confidence in his skills from the outset.my spinal decompression surgery was a month ago. His Pa Andrew Glass and staff were top notch. I could not have been happier. My balance was restored. A pinched nerve in my wrist and thumb vanished. I am forever grateful for Dr. Murad and his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Murad and team. J.G
Sep 07, 2019
AWESOME doctor!!! I am very pleased with the care I received under him! I highly recommend him!!!
Jodie – Aug 24, 2019
I had a neck surgery and back surgery last year with Dr Murad both with excellent results. He and his staff were outstanding kind and professional. Dr Murad was complete in his preop counseling and education with complete explanation of my options. I am thankful for his skills and compassion
Dr. JR – Jul 14, 2019
I had to see Dr. Murad after injuring my back during weightlifting. He did an excellent job in assessing my condition quickly and prescribing the necessary treatment. Unfortunately a year later I reinjured my lower back. I could hardly do anything around the house and had difficulty sleeping without severe pain. After non-operative management of the condition for some time with little success, I opted for a microdiscectomy. It was a stressful decision having a young family to care for but Dr. Murad allayed all of our fears and the surgery was a success! While my back will never be “perfect” again, I have regained a great deal of my mobility, can bend, work out, do laundry and pick up kids but most importantly I can sleep at night again. I’m so grateful for the care and treatment provided by Dr. Murad and his entire staff!
Aminata Romero – Jul 10, 2019
I was suffering from a severe lumbar radiculopathy. I could not even pick up my three-month-old child. I tried all of the conservative measures and ultimately decided to have surgery. Dr. Murad provided me with instant relief. I would not hesitate to see him again should I ever need further assistance with my spine. He is the spine surgeon that I referred my patients to when I practiced in Pueblo, Colorado
Jul 07, 2019
It was my pleasure to have been treated by Dr. Ali Murad, PA Micah Johnson, PA Andrew Glass, and the entire staff. I could not have asked for a better experience in terms of friendliness, respect, concern, and taking the time to listen to and answer questions. Approximately one month ago I underwent a lumbar laminectomy, and the pain relief I've realized has been remarkable I have not one negative comment or complaint about my treatment, and will recommend this team to others. Thank you Dr. Murad and staff!
Byron in Pueblo, CO – Jul 01, 2019
Totally outstanding and very professional.
Jean kerr in Canon city, CO – Jun 30, 2019
Dr. Murad has performed 2 surgeries on me, neck and lumbar issues. I had constant pain for over 2 years and could barely stand or walk. Throughout the process Dr. Murad and his team were very informative and detailed of what they could/would do to correct my issues - I can truly say Dr. Murad and his team have reclaimed my life for me. My passions are fishing, hiking and cross country skiing and I am getting ready to participate in life again - not to mention how happy my wife is. We can now start to enjoy and live out our retirement plans. Here I am 1 month after my lower back surgery, following the Dr.'s orders and planning for the future vs always being in chronic pain. I would see others walking with ease and think to myself 'Why not me?'. Well thanks to Dr. Murad and his team that is no longer a question for me! If you are experiencing back pain and want to enjoy life again I recommend you contact Dr. Murad's office for resolution so you also can reclaim your life!
benito velasquez – Jun 13, 2019
I recently had surgery on my neck and I have never felt better!!!! Dr. Murad is by far the best Neurosurgeon ever. I have recommended him to several people that are considering surgery. From the very beginning of scheduling the appt. and having the consult, to the follow up after surgery, I have never felt so comfortable with having surgery! They explained everything to me and never pressured me into having surgery! My biggest fear was having a lot of pain but that was definitely not the case. The afternoon that I had surgery, I had absolutely no pain! I actually couldn't tell that I had surgery! Dr. Murad and his asst. Andrew were absolutely the best!!! They made it a point to check on me even though they didn't have to! If I ever have to have Neurosurgery on any other part of my spine, I can guarantee, I WILL be requesting Dr. Murad! Thank you so very much, Dr. Murad, for making me pain free! Diena Sandoval
Diena Sandoval in Pueblo, CO – Jun 04, 2019
Very pleased with the doctor and the recovery .
May 29, 2019
kept me informed of all details, allowed to ask questions, easy to understand explanations of medical details.
May 23, 2019
Micah Johnson is also very informative. He made me feel like part of the the family at parkview.
May 22, 2019
Dr Murad and his team are excellent and customer service is exceptional. Dr. Murad did a major surgery on my back but recuperation and healing was very easy because his work was so good. I would recommend this team to anyone looking for a neurosurgeon in the Pueblo CO area. Every person from the doctor to the receptionists are very kind, well trained and treat patients like people, not like numbers.;
May 16, 2019
It was very good, I am pleased with the treatment i have received.
May 15, 2019
Prompt, reliable, informative. Took time to answer questions. Did not feel rushed. Surgery successful. Seemed genuinely concerned about patient's overall health. Courteous and would definitely recommend this doctor.
Amazing provider
May 15, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Murad?

• Neurosurgery