Dr. Ali H. Mesiwala, MD

Dr. Ali H. Mesiwala, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 44 years old

Our compassionate and dedicated spine surgeons and pain management specialists are recognized as leaders in performing the most up-to-date minimally invasive procedures for patients suffering from spinal injuries and damage, or for our patients with chronic pain. Our goal is to provide patients with the least invasive medical approach, and better and faster recovery times and surgical outcomes.Read more

Southern California Center for Neuroscience and Spine
Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award

Dr. Mesiwala is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Mesiwala's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Mesiwala's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mesiwala

Dr. Mesiwala accepts 11 insurance carriers

11 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Mesiwala has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Mesiwala

Dr. Mesiwala's Review Details
4.3 based on 54 responses
Experience with Dr. Mesiwala
Dr. Mesiwala's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (47)
in Chino, CA |
Absolute worst experience with any doctors office ever. Even worse than the VA system. Scheduling is ridiculous. My surgery was changed hours before it was scheduled to happen, then I was given the wrong times for the new date. The office is incapable of returning phone calls, even if it's more pain medication. Dr Mesiwala wasn't even present for two post op appointments. The office messed up my paperwork which caused a month long lapse in disability payments.
in Gardnerville, NV |
My experience with Dr. Mesiwala has been amazing. I was diagnosed with a Cavernous Angioma. I was referred to Dr. Mesiwala and he had all my scans and medical records sent to him right away. When my family and I went to see him for the first time, we were very impressed by him. He explained my options and gave me his best opinion (the Gamma Knife). The kindness and compassion he showed put me at ease. What he gave me was my life back and thank you will never be enough.
A year ago my dad had weeks of back pain. Other doctors were just giving him the run around and only prescribing him pain medication. My dad was so bad he couldn't, stand, sit, or even lay for long periods of time. We then went to see Dr Mesiwala, who was recommended by many of our close friends. He was so great. Very attentive and had my dad ready for surgery in a very timely manner. The surgery was a success and my dad said he felt like a new man right after surgery. I would strongly reccomend
in California |
Dr Mesiwala was recommended to me by a dear friend after a large mass was found in the back of my neck. He was so great from beginning to end. He never made me feel like my questions were stupid and took his time explaining things to me in a way that was very easy to understand. His office staff was very nice and attentitive which was surprising since his waiting room was almost full. He was able to remove the whole tumor without any damage to my neck. Thank you Doctor you are the best!
in San Bernardino, Ca |
Dr. Mesiwala is the most knowledgable and technically skilled surgeon I have ever met. His care and compassion for each and every patient is evidenced each day by his dedication and long hours. His integrity is above reproach. He has excellent patient outcomes. He has great training and so many years of surgical experience I felt very comfortable coming to see him. I reccomend him to everyone I know who needs neurosurgery.
in LaVerne, California |
He is the kindest and most compassionate Neuro Surgeon I have met. He is the most highly trained Neuro Surgeon in Southern California. He performed the ProDisc C TDA by Johnson and Johnson. He had me pain free and back to work in a busy Trauma Center in Three weeks. Surfing in 4 weeks at the age of 53. Money is his last concern! He has fixed two of my friends as well. This was after the other local Neuro Surgical group made them worse. This guy changes lives! He is a miricle worker!
in LaBerne, Ca |
He graduated #2 in his Class, went to the best NeuroSurgicalTRAINIMG Center IN THE USA. Holds a degree in Engeneering. He is kind an compassionate. Is the ONLY Neuro Surgeon that is state of the art. He is able to use minimally invasive techniques. After my spinal surgery I was totally pain free and back to work in three weeks. His staff and Partners are great as well. He does not care about money only doing the best with his patients. He uses Johnson and Johnson proven products. PRO Disc C
Pomona |
From my first visit with Dr. Mesiwala he explained everything in detail about the surgery I needed and also if I didn't have this surgery my condition would get worst were I may have have life threaten pain in my cervical area . Dr. Mesiwala has keep up with my performance after my surgery last January and coming up soon will be my 1 year anniversary for this surgery which I feel much better and the symptoms that were possibly side effects have lessen and I can live normal again . Thank you
, CA |
The bottom line is the priority here. And they took my $25 but I have yet to see one of these 'fine' physicians. Did y'all get your Porsches ordered for the new year?
Have you seen Dr. Ali H. Mesiwala, MD?
Are you Dr. Ali H. Mesiwala, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Damage
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Movement Disorders
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Joint Injection
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Discography
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

No malpractice history found for California.

University Of California, San Francisco, School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1992

• Other Education
    Atkinsin Morley's Hospital

Completed in 2002

Dr. Mesiwala has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mesiwala does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mesiwala and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Mesiwala's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Mesiwala

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Mesiwala's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Mesiwala

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Mesiwala's Care Philosophy