Dr. Ali Borhan, MD

UrologyMaleAge 48

Telehealth services available

Affiliated Urologists, Ltd

5133 N Central Ave Ste 206 Phoenix, AZ 85012

Dr. Ali Borhan, MD is a Urology Specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Borhan has more experience with Urinary Conditions and Urinary Calculi & Removal than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Albany Medical College medical school in 1998. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center and HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Borhan to book an appointment.

Dr. Borhan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Borhan

Dr. Borhan?
  • Explained conditions well (57)
  • Listened & answered questions (57)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (57)
  • Long wait times (7)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (6)
  • Office environment (5)
I retired 22 years ago after serving 32 yrs as General Counsel and Vice Chairman of a major multi national U.S corporation. Prior to retiring, the head of our outside audit firm asked why I didn't rate them as "Exceeded Our Expectations". My answer-no one has ever exceed my expectations, including me. Dr Ali Borhan has exceeded my expectations to the extent that he has set the performance bar {in every measurable skill area} at a heretofore unimaginable level! Prior to his robotic removal of my prostate in July 2019, I heard nothing but horrific negatives about before, during and after the procedure. We would all like to imagine that when faced with a life threatening emergency we were lucky enough to have a trusted family member or best friend available, above all others, blessed with the skill needed to deliver the best possible outcome. I know the reality of what that dream feels like because of Dr Ali and his entire professional staff. May God bless and keep them for all in need.
Mike Breslin – Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
I brought my 96 year old mom in for her monthly check. Although, I didn't see Dr. Borhan today, I am giving him 5 stars for his staff. From the Front desk support staff, to the nurses, to the PA there was a welcoming smile on every face. Even when there was a patient spouse complaining about not being able to go back with her husband. The front desk support staff handled that situation very well, without making people uncomfortable. You can tell their is a very good leader at the helm by the support staffs attitude, with each and every individual that walks in the door. If I was a resident of Arizona and needed urology care - hands down would choose this office. Thank you for taking such awesome care of your patients, and for the care my mom receives when she comes into your clinic. All Professional, Friendly & Patient. You all make a difference. Find The JOY in Every day!! Jenifer
  • Long wait times
Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Borhan's for fourteen years and he is a very knowledgeable and skillful surgeon. I had very advanced prostate cancer (32 out of 35 biopsies showed positive and the tumor was outside of the prostate) and things looked quite bleak to say the least. If it had not been for his very extensive surgical abilities, I am quite certain I would not be here fourteen years later and cancer free (PSA < 0.1). He is a most outstanding doctor and I highly recommend him. I must also say, that in addition to having an excellent doctor, a strong belief and trust in our Father is also a very important part of the outcome and recovery process.
Michael Dearborn – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
Dr. Borhan took time to Telemed, and went above and beyond his professional duty. He is very personable, cares and listens to you. I highly recommend Dr. Borhan as an exemplary urologist!
Cynthia Daniels – Jul 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
Have been a patient of Dr. Borhan's for several years, gone thru prostate cancer, kidney stone surgery several times and could not recommend a better doctor, why would anyone go elsewhere? He is caring, so knowledgeable and respected by me and many other patients who have seen him on a short term and long term basis. I would recommend him because I trust him and I know he would be best for you over any other urologist. His office staff is courteous and efficient and willing to help at all times.
Lyle Kater – Jun 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
Dr Borhan is a very classy doctor. He is professional, knowledgable, and very likable. When you talk to him you know he is listening as he responds with in clear, understandable ways. He engages in real conversations, is up front and provides alternatives with pros and cons. I respect Dr. Borhan and I'm super glad he is my urologist. I know I can count on him.
Hoss Swain – May 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
Dr. Borhan is an outstanding doctor and his staff is professional and congenial. The doctor was highly recommended by my cardiologist to help my wife and I deal with my ED. From the moment we entered his office, the staff made us feel at ease. Dr. Borhan has a great sense of humor and gave us different options to consider. I do and will continue to recommend Dr. Borhan for anyone seeking a urologist. John E.
John E. – May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
I never write reviews but felt compelled after my highly successful treatment for prostate cancer. Dr. Borhan guided me through the entire process without any bias of treatment while methodically explaining all my options, I found this refreshing after some previous less than exemplifying experiences with other highly recommended physicians. I appreciated his direct approach.. His precise/concise explanations of my treatment options. I always felt very comfortable discussing my concerns and confident in his abilities for a successful treatment outcome. This alleviated a lot of my trepidation for my choice to go ahead with a surgical treatment option. I feel he is an incredibly talented surgeon! The outcome of my Prostatectomy was incredibly successful, my recovery was very speedy , but most importantly I suffered no side effects from the procedure , near zero initial urinary side effects ..which have since returned to 100 % I can also say I have no adverse sexual effects! Well Done!
Brynn Boyd – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
I feel blessed and grateful to have Ali Borhan as my doctor. He saved my life 10 years ago when I suddenly became septic. He has carefully followed me ever since. He is thorough, efficient and knowledgeable while also being kind and thoughtful. He takes the time to listen and answer questions without making one feel rushed. I completely trust him and recommend him without the slightest hesitation. Thank you, Dr. Borhan, for being a wonderful man, doctor, and friend!
LuDon – Apr 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
GREAT DOCTOR! Personable, friendly, professional, and certainly knowledgeable in his profession. Been going to him for 9 years and never disappointed. A real class act, and I highly recommend him for any urological issue.
Bob Lang – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
I loved my experiences with Dr. Borhan, considering the circumstances of my visit. He is prompt, professional, and knowledgeable, has a good sense of humor, and is extremely competent. He is patient and caring, spent as much time as needed with me on each of my visits, and explored all of the possible data before making a decision on how to proceed with my case. It was evident that he considered surgery as a last resort. In addition, he asked that I bring my wife along to each visit so he could ensure she was up-to-speed on everything. During my exam, he even allowed her to look down the scope to see exactly what he was referencing. Lastly, even the nurses were extremely efficient, organized, and nice. Dr. Borhan is not just a great doctor with an excellent bedside manner, but a truly nice guy. I highly recommend him.
Ron D. – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Borhan and his team for over a year now and they are incredible! Dr. Borhan is knowledgeable and explains everything so you know exactly what is going on and he speaks with compassion and that means a lot in todays world! Dr. Borhan and his team continue to walk me through this venture and I find great comfort in that. I could not have had or would I want any other physician than Dr. Borhan, in this particular situation he is truly amazing!
David Holbrook – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
I cannot say he is not a good surgeon because I have decided to go elsewhere. He scared me away with his condescending attitude. I made a special appointment to go over some issues regarding my upcoming surgery and Dr. Borhan rushed me in and out without fully answering my questions. In fact he insulted me. I am an educated person and Dr. Borhan needs to come down a peg and realize the entire world is not less than he is. He also made it clear that he will not be reachable post-surgery and all questions will need to go through his PA. This is not acceptable.
Les – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
Dr. Borhan is probably the most knowledgeable, professional, patient and kind urologist we have ever met! I dealt with BPH issues for years! Dr. Borhan evaluated my BPH issue and recommended a treatment that changed my life! I can’t thank him enough! So if your looking for the best urologist in Phoenix area, Dr. Ali Borhan should be your choice!
Steve Olson in Phoenix , AZ – May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
My PSA had jumped almost 2 points in 18 months and my primary care doc urged me to see a urologist. After interviewing four top doc urologists I chose Dr. Borhan and I am highly glad I did. A biopsy showed I had prostate cancer. Dr. B. explained the options, radiation or surgery. I chose surgery and couldn't be happier with the results. He is amazing. After 7weeks of recovery I had no bladder issues or incontinence, or any ED. His skill in the surgery was the key to this in my mind. He is funny, sympathetic, and candid. A good doc I would highly recommend to anyone. Tom Speropulos Mesa, AZ
Tom Speropulos in Mesa, AZ, AZ – Apr 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
When I was diagnosed with kidney cancer a retired hospital chief of staff gave me Dr. Borhan’s name. That one sentence should tell you all you need to know about Dr. Borhan. I literally thank God I sought out Dr. Borhan for a second opinion. This caring, confident skilled surgeon saved me from a lifetime of kidney disease. It is now almost a year after the surgery and I am very happy to report I am living a completely healthy lifestyle, with perfectly normal kidney function.
John Crowley in Carefree, AZ – Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
My husband was experiencing prostate issues and had visited four urologists, all who were competent but not personable. After thorough research, we found Dr. Borhan who had very positive reviews. My husband had a successful prostatectomy without complications. God has blessed Dr. Borhan to be a gifted urologist and surgeon.
Kathy in Phoenix – Oct 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
After complications from two previous vasectomies (with another urologist), we found Dr. Borhan and couldn't be happier. He treated us with respect, talked on our terms, took his time and was genuinely concerned with our situation. We cannot thank him enough for the time, effort and work he put into our situation.
  • Long wait times
Goodyear, AZ – Oct 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
I found Dr Borhan an excellent Dr. He diagnosed my prostrate cancer by doing a biopsy after I had been to several urologists who said I had a slightly enlarged prostrate but nothing to worry about . Dr Borhan has a very nice bedside manner ,listens to you and is an excellent diagnostician . I would definitely recommend Dr Borhan . Thank you Dr.
Mel in Scottsdale, AZ – Oct 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?
Outstanding surgeon was a great bedside manner; has an ability to make you understand complex issues and allows you to make a choice in this and that information
Chicago, IL – May 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ali Borhan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Borhan?

Serving patients in both his Scottsdale and Phoenix offices, Dr Borhan continues to provide top of the line care to men and women in the valley in areas...Read more

• Urology

2004
Univ Of Rochester Sch. Med. & Den.
2000