Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Ali Araghi, DO
Ali Araghi, DO is a board certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon with more than 13 years of clinical experience. He specializes in minimally invasive surgery, arthroplasty to include artificial disc replacement and cervical and lumbar spine surgery. Dr. Araghi completed his fellowship program in orthopedic spine surgery at the Texas Back Institute and received an additional fellowship in advanced spine training at Professor Jurgen Harms in Germany. Prior to that, he completed his orthopedic residency at Peninsula Hospital Center in New York and his pediatric orthopedic surgery rotations at Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children in Kentucky. Dr. Araghi earned his medical degree from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine and earned his bachelor's degree at New York Institute of Technology, where he graduated magna cum laude and was honored on Dean's List, and participated in a combined seven-year accelerated program. Currently, Dr. Araghi is the Deputy Editor of the Spine Arthroplasty Journal, the Associate Editor of the Spine Journal, resides on the Board of Directors for the American Board of Spine Surgery, and was on the Editorial Board and the President of the Spine Section of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics. Dr. Araghi presents lectures around the world and has authored numerous journal articles and book chapters in his field.

18444 N 25th Ave Ste 210

Phoenix, AZ 85023

• AARP
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • CopperPoint Mutual
  • Gila River HealthCare
  • Health Net
  • Liberty Mutual Insurance Company

Learn about Dr. Araghi

It is important to me to make sure that I give the best care possible to all my patients, by understanding their complaints, diagnosing their condition with the information which I have at hand, obtaining the appropriate diagnostic testing and when complete give the patient their treatment options, risks, and benefits in detail so they can participate actively in their treatment program within the confines of accepted medical and surgical care.

Dr. Araghi's Experience

Dr. Araghi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Araghi does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ataxia
  • Broken Neck
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Systemic Chondromalacia

• Hip Replacement
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Neuroplasty
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Thoracic Surgical Procedure

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine, New York Institute Of Technology
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Massapequa General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Peninsula Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Texas Back Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Araghi has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Araghi has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Araghi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Araghi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Araghi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Araghi to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Araghi Says:

Patients' perceptions of the quality of care and services they receive at our practice provide valuable information and data on which to build improvement efforts.

Dr. Araghi's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
Pt (2) 07/19/17 I refuse to play Russian Roulette with spinal injections for weeks,months or years instead of just fixing the problem. He wouldn't even listen or look at a paragraph I was trying to show him about the FDA not approving the steroid for injections into the spine!!! He said the FDA is behind in their findings. The article is from 2014 Drs are repeatedly lieing about the dangers of these injections because it is a lucrative business. He said he would do the surgery if I want ....
Goodyear, az |
I had him for 2 surgeries. I was very pleased that he took his time explaining my issue n explaining pros n cons of surgery. Was very thorough
Phoenix, AZ |
Waited 50 minutes past my appointment time for him to spent 5 minutes with me. Very poor bedside manner. Left with more questions than I came in with. Didn't explain things to me just told me what to do. I am sure he is a good surgeon but he really needs to work on his interaction with his patients. I regret seeing him, will not go back and would never recommend him to anyone.
Thank you for your comments. The CORE Institute has a dedicated Patient Advocate who assists patients with questions or concerns. You can reach him at 855.897.2673 or via e-mail at remarksonyourexperience@thecoreinstitute.com.
in Gilbert, AZ |
My chronic pain began in 2013 after I tried a partial discectomy with another dr. After several years of PT, nothing was improving, only getting worse. My legs were getting numb, my hips hurt, all on top of my back pain. I saw Dr Araghi and he was incredible! We looked at my scans together and he answered all my questions. Together we decided an anterior/posterior lumbar fusion would be best. I am now 3 wks post op and feel fantastic! I cried tears of joy at my follow up appt!!
in Surprise, AZ |
This man is a monster. No bed side manner, no compassion. Should consider a career change to police officer. If you see this man for help, I look forward to reading your negative review here.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He is very personable. He asks good questions and , more importantly, listens to the answers. I would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.
in Phoenix, AZ |
compassion of a gnat if that; hair stood on back of neck... don't trust Core is way too arrogant anymore... will never go again
in Surprise, AZ |
Had the first double disc replacement in Arizona on my upper spine and a decompression on my lower spine with Dr. Araghi. To read other comments you have to understand that he is an expert in his field and that you have to do your own research on procedures and complications. He is straight forward and blunt, not someone who will sugar coat your treatment. Dr. Araghi thank you for everything.
When he started the appointment with no offense, but why are you here, I should have walked out. He then tells me I have degenerative back disorder and what do I expect when your spin is small and look at all the weight it's supporting. He said there was nothing he could do for me, and maybe if I built my core up it might help you won't see a physical difference, but it might help so it does get worse. Zero bedside manner and should not have to pay for that appointment!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had artificial disc replacement between C5-6 and C6-7 on 09/08/2015 with the Mobic . I was satisfied with Dr Araghi's diagnosis. What angered me was his reaction to the fact that due to whatever he did during my surgery, I woke up with Horners Syndrome. Basically this condition is sensory nerve damage that caused my left eyelid to droop, the pupil won't dilate properly and I cant sweat on left side of my face. For a surgeon of his stature this should never have happened. Not his 1st Rodeo.....
Peoria, AZ |
He about killed my 75yr old mother and then shrugged it off. I hope to see him in the parking lot and see if he has the same attitude.
Phoenix, AZ |
I would not recommend this Dr at all.
Have you seen Dr. Ali Araghi, DO?

Visit Dr. Araghi

Dr. Araghi accepts 24 insurance carriers
  • AARP
    Aetna PPO
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Gold
    Humana HMO
    Humana PPO
  • Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health