Dr. Ali Altahir, MD

Dr. Ali Altahir, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male

Altahir Behavioral Health PLC 231 Garrisonville Rd Ste 205 Stafford, VA 22554 Get Directions

I am a child and adolescent psychiatrist, I conduct full psychiatric evaluations with children, adolescents, and adults. I have experience in the treatment of a variety of clinical concerns, including Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, mood disorders, anxiety, and psychosis. Our philosophy centered around helping patients and their families. We believe in pharmacological and psychological treatments to achieve the best result.

Dr. Ali Altahir, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Stafford, VA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Altahir is affiliated with Mary Washington Hospital.

Dr. Altahir's Experience

See how Dr. Altahir's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Altahir

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Altahir has admitting privileges.

Dr. Altahir's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Altahir to family and friends
Dr. Altahir's Performance
in Alexandria, VA (Fall Church Office) |
Excellent doctor.
in Lorton, Va |
I've been seeing Dr. Altahir for the past 2 years. What an excellent service he provides. Thank you so much Dr. You've made a big difference to my family. This provider is highly recommended.
Manassas, VA |
We saw this Dr. for approximately 9 months. He is rude! My son has severe ADHD as well as other conditions. This Dr. chastised my son more than once during office visits. He also started his treatment by stating that he is not here to provide therapy, just medication. It is difficult to get appointments with him. His office staff was ignorant.
in Stafford, VA |
Top notch! Dr. Altahir is a Psychiatrist and not a psychologist. Medication management is his field. Even saying that he listens attentively. They know what they are doing. He has a team that is qualified and accomplished. The office is very busy and Charity handles it very well considering all that is involved with the volume. I do recommend Dr. Altahir to all because I feel he is the best. I have tried other psychiatrists but they don't compare. Its like apples and oranges
in Stafford, VA |
Dr. Altahir is highly qualified and receives my upmost recommendation. He is by far the most capable psychiatrist I have been associated with. He has served my family during a 10 year period of time without incident. His ethics are remarkable and because of his competence and knowledge, our family is confident that we receive the best care that is available from the mental health profession. He listens very carefully and attentively to our concerns and devises strategies that are effective.
Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Altahir and Staff have been wonderful. Finding people to understand the struggle of finding the right medication that helps your child be successful with the challenges they face with ADHD and behavioral issues can be hard but they have been attentive and open to making changes to help us cope as a family and that I am thankful for!!
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Altahir and Chris van Eyck are very knowledgable about the latest treatments for anxiety and depression in teens and adults. They don't just hand out medicine without listening carefully first. They take time to explain options and offer advice. I particularly appreciate the office staff who are always friendly and helpful. Charity, who handles the insurance, has worked hard on our behalf to get approval for our prescriptions, even though they were initially denied. Highly recommended.
Stafford, VA |
Dr. Altahir is a very nice man but the rest of his staff is downright awful. My insurance didn't allow me to see anyone else in the area and after almost a year, Im done. The receptionists are incredibly rude, they don't answer your messages (needed a refill, called far enough ahead and they never returned my call) or even the phone and their policies are militant. Though it helps the schedule run smoothly it lends no consideration to the patient and their time with the Dr. Poor care all around
Woodbridge, VA |
This office is very unprofessional from the scheduling process to the care provided. Not only did my child never get to see Dr. Altahir, which was our initial preference, but my child ended up seeing a practitioner who virtually herded my child in like sheep for 10 minute evaluations/consultations after peddling medication as the only option of care. Additionally this practitioner was very unprofessional by discussing adult issues with my minor child unrelated to the parameters of patient care.
in Manassas, VA |
During the past three years, two of my teenage children have required psychiatric medications. When things are going well, appointments are short (just a status check before refilling prescriptions) but longer if med changes are required. Dr. Altahir typically asks the child how things are going and then discusses concerns of the parent. Our children also have weekly therapy appointments with other professionals. I'm extremely satisfied with the services Dr. Altahir provides
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Charity is by worse the worse receptionist ever, I don't know how anyone could keep her employed when her job requirement is to interact with people and she is not qualified for that position. She is very rude and is quick to cut you off and not listen. She will put you on hold multiple times or even hang up on you. I finally got through to Evelyn, another receptionist there whom was very polite and assisted me.
I have never dealt with an incompetent medical practice until now. The receptionists are sub par and extremely rude. They need to find another job where they do not deal with the public, ever. I don't even want to give a star for staff friendliness. They do not spend time talking to my son. They prescribe meds and that's it.
in Spotsylvania, VA |
Dr. Altahir has been our physician for just short of 10 years. He has been dedicated to providing our family with excellent care. I cannot say enough about his professionalism, communication and rarely any wait times. Big thank you to Dr..Altahir and his new staff: Kelly, Chris and Charity! Very grateful to have all of you.
in locust grove, va |
Not only is he amazing, his office staff is as well. We are always met with respect and care. FANTASTIC practice.
Woodbridge, VA |
Recently I encountered my first issue since my son has been a patient. I have waited over a month to receive some paperwork for my child's school and I was getting the run around. Today was the last straw. I contacted the office and a very polite woman by the name of charity assisted me. She got me the paperwork I needed in less than 10 minutes! She's amazing and very caring. If it wasn't for her I would still be pulling my hair out. Thank you charity you're the best!!
in Dumfries, VA |
Dr. Altahir is very good at listening and diagnosing my teenage daughter's condition. He's very experienced at prescribing medications and willing to make changes in medications and dosages when needed. I appreciate his ability to have input from both my daughter as well as my input as the parent.
My son has been a patient of Dr. Altahir for many years and up until recently, we have been very satisfied with his service and the office staff. Now, the office staff has changed and is completely incompetent and extremely rude. My son had an emergency appointment for new medication and it's been two weeks and the office has yet to send the prior authorization to the insurance. Each time I speak to them, they recite the incorrect insurance information and when I correct them, they hang up!
in Stafford, VA |
Dr Altahir has been very helpful in maintaining my daughter's psychiatric stability. I've had no problems with appointment scheduling.
in Fredericksburg VA |
Nearly my whole family is seen here. They actually care about their patients and take time to understand what's going on. Love love love them. And the receptionist is amazing. Does the work of 3 people with no complaints. She can multitask like no one's business.
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Altahir saw my child for less than 10 minutes and would not listen to input on behavioral problems from the parent, only the child. Dr. Altahir was unwilling to provide any evaluation, but only wrote a prescription for new/different meds month after month. While my child was in a residential treatment program, we did not schedule the monthly appointment. Because of this, Dr. Altahir would no longer see my child. We were left scrambling to get a new Doctor to refill meds. UNACCEPTABLE!
in Woodbridge, VA |
The day of appointment I get a call saying that they cannot see me because of a glitch in their system and my appointment being double booked. They demanded I come the next day but I couldn't and then Kelly Lohmann, PA came on the phone looking for a fight. She was very rude. I asked her why she was being rude and she started whispering as to cover up. She told me that I will be seeing her and but on a day that I wasn't able to come. She said you can look somewhere else for another doctor.......
Have you seen Dr. Ali Altahir, MD?
Are you Dr. Altahir?

Compare Dr. Altahir

Dr. Altahir's Care Philosophy

Dr. Altahir's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Altahir has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Altahir's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Completed in 2005

University Of Baghdad / College Of Medcine

Graduated in 1994

• Arabic

Dr. Altahir does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Altahir and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry