Dr. Ali Altahir, MD

Dr. Ali Altahir, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male | 46 years old

Learn about this Doctor

I am a child and adolescent psychiatrist, I conduct full psychiatric evaluations with children, adolescents, and adults. I have experience in the treatment of a variety of clinical concerns, including Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, mood disorders, anxiety, and psychosis. Our philosophy centered around helping patients and their families. We believe in pharmacological and psychological treatments to achieve the best result.Read more

Dr. Altahir's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Altahir's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Altahir

Dr. Altahir accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Altahir has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Altahir's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Altahir to family and friends
2.7
Experience with Dr. Altahir
Dr. Altahir's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (32)
I have never dealt with an incompetent medical practice until now. The receptionists are sub par and extremely rude. They need to find another job where they do not deal with the public, ever. I don't even want to give a star for staff friendliness. They do not spend time talking to my son. They prescribe meds and that's it.
in Spotsylvania, VA |
Dr. Altahir has been our physician for just short of 10 years. He has been dedicated to providing our family with excellent care. I cannot say enough about his professionalism, communication and rarely any wait times. Big thank you to Dr..Altahir and his new staff: Kelly, Chris and Charity! Very grateful to have all of you.
in locust grove, va |
Not only is he amazing, his office staff is as well. We are always met with respect and care. FANTASTIC practice.
Woodbridge, VA |
Recently I encountered my first issue since my son has been a patient. I have waited over a month to receive some paperwork for my child's school and I was getting the run around. Today was the last straw. I contacted the office and a very polite woman by the name of charity assisted me. She got me the paperwork I needed in less than 10 minutes! She's amazing and very caring. If it wasn't for her I would still be pulling my hair out. Thank you charity you're the best!!
in Dumfries, VA |
Dr. Altahir is very good at listening and diagnosing my teenage daughter's condition. He's very experienced at prescribing medications and willing to make changes in medications and dosages when needed. I appreciate his ability to have input from both my daughter as well as my input as the parent.
My son has been a patient of Dr. Altahir for many years and up until recently, we have been very satisfied with his service and the office staff. Now, the office staff has changed and is completely incompetent and extremely rude. My son had an emergency appointment for new medication and it's been two weeks and the office has yet to send the prior authorization to the insurance. Each time I speak to them, they recite the incorrect insurance information and when I correct them, they hang up!
in Stafford, VA |
Dr Altahir has been very helpful in maintaining my daughter's psychiatric stability. I've had no problems with appointment scheduling.
in Fredericksburg VA |
Nearly my whole family is seen here. They actually care about their patients and take time to understand what's going on. Love love love them. And the receptionist is amazing. Does the work of 3 people with no complaints. She can multitask like no one's business.
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Altahir saw my child for less than 10 minutes and would not listen to input on behavioral problems from the parent, only the child. Dr. Altahir was unwilling to provide any evaluation, but only wrote a prescription for new/different meds month after month. While my child was in a residential treatment program, we did not schedule the monthly appointment. Because of this, Dr. Altahir would no longer see my child. We were left scrambling to get a new Doctor to refill meds. UNACCEPTABLE!
in Woodbridge, VA |
The day of appointment I get a call saying that they cannot see me because of a glitch in their system and my appointment being double booked. They demanded I come the next day but I couldn't and then Kelly Lohmann, PA came on the phone looking for a fight. She was very rude. I asked her why she was being rude and she started whispering as to cover up. She told me that I will be seeing her and but on a day that I wasn't able to come. She said you can look somewhere else for another doctor.......
Have you seen Dr. Ali Altahir, MD?
Are you Dr. Altahir?

Compare Dr. Altahir

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.