Dr. Alfredo Fernandez, MD

Dr. Alfredo Fernandez, MD

General Surgery | Male | 63 years old

General surgery is what I love to do, bariatric surgery is the most rewarding but the ability and opportunity to provide the highest quality healthare to my patients is what I live for.Read more

Alfredo Fernandez, MD
6101 Webb Rd Ste 101
Tampa, FL 33615 Get Directions

Dr. Fernandez's Experience

See how Dr. Fernandez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fernandez

Dr. Fernandez accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Fernandez has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

16 – 30 minutes (27)
Dr. Fernandez Says:

Patients,

in Miami, FL |
Dr. Fernandez is a outstanding physician, extremely knowledgeable, very understanding, and the most helpful doctor I've dealt with in my life. Dr. Fernandez is very pleasant, he is very easy to talk to and since I've began seeing him he has changed my life completely. Phenomenal person and doctor!
in Tampa, FL |
I love this Dr! He is one of the most kind and compassionate Doctors I have ever met. He is very thorough and never rushes through your appointment. His staff is very friendly and helpful. I've seen them go above and beyond to help patients including myself. Thank you to everyone for making this time in my life so much less stressful. I appreciate everything you have done and continue to do!
in Maryville, TN |
Friendly staff, very compassionate with patients. Dr. Fernandez was highly recommended by a few other medical professionals. The office manager was very accommodating with my schedule, seeing as I'm a member of the armed forces and my schedule was very hectic. Dr. Fernandez saved my life, thank you all so much! He is one of a kind! I have recommended Dr. Fernandez to all my friends and family.
Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Fernández and his staff are awesome! They are helpful and very knowledgeable. If you think they will do everything for you, find an adult sitter....that is not what they are there for. Weight loss surgery is something I needed and it was the result of my actions for the past 15 years. It is not their fault and they are not an excuse for me to continue to be obese. They pushed me to get everything done while being supportive and by my side. Thank you Dr. Fernandez for being the best!
in Plant City, FL |
Dr Fernandez is an awesome caring Dr. I have been a patient of his for about 2 years. I highly recommend if you are looking to have weight loss surgery that you choose Dr Fernandez. I am so much happier and healthier. Just remember if this is something you really want Dr Fernandez, wife & staff will tell you and guide you with insurance requirements in order for process to go smoothly, but you must be willing to take steps and they will be there for you.
in Palm Harbor, FL |
He is a terrible person and has no compassion for the bariatric patient. He also did not care to read my medical history, having written a nasty letter to me recommending immediate psychiatric care. STEER CLEAR he is a terrible person and his staff are liars.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Fernandez staff has been awesome! Everyone I've talked to has been patient, kind and very helpful! I feel like a valued patient.
in Brandon, FL |
Poor communication. Never called to schedule appt. It has been 9 months since I went for inital visit, psych appt, nutritionist appt. I had all the information ready from insurance as well. Office staff is not friendly or accomodating.
Have you seen Dr. Alfredo Fernandez, MD?
Are you Dr. Fernandez?

Dr. Fernandez's Care Philosophy

Dr. Fernandez says...

Patients,

I sincerely apologize for my prior staff not getting back to patients timely. As of January 2016, everyone in my office is new. Moving forward, our goal is to provide the best, quality, timely care possible. You, the patient, have to do your part as well. If you are ready to move forward, have questions, concerns, etc., don't wait 9 months to hear from my staff. Make your health your priority and follow up with the office until you get answers. This demonstrates your interest in the process and desire to get your surgery. It is no one's fault but yours if you dropped the ball for 9 months and did nothing. Please, call the office and get them to get you what you need. I look forward to seeing you in the office. Dr. Fernandez

Dr. Fernandez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Fernandez has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fernandez's Board Certifications

• Lipomas
  • Liver Diseases and Disorders
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pyloric Stenosis

Ochsner Clinic Foundation

Completed in 1986

University of Miami

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Fernandez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fernandez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery

• Appendectomy
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Colectomy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy