Dr. Alfred Shtainer, MD

Dr. Alfred Shtainer, MD

Urology | Male

Adult and Pediatric Urology. We specialize in the latest diagnostic techniques, including in-office ultrasound, laboratory, cystoscopy, TUNA and minimally invasive Urology. Alternative medicine and supplements are available for many Urologic conditions.

Dr. Alfred Shtainer, MD is an urology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Shtainer is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital.

Dr. Shtainer's Experience

See how Dr. Shtainer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shtainer

Dr. Shtainer accepts 33 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shtainer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shtainer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shtainer to family and friends
    4.2
    Dr. Shtainer's Performance
    in New York, NY |
    Dr Shtainer was able to give me same day appointment and arranged treatment within several days. I didn't have to cancel my vacation.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr Shtainer speaks fluent Spanish and was able to explain to my elderly father what is wrong with him. Now I don't have to translate every time. Dr Shtainer was very attentive and even gave my dad his mobile number if he need to ask anything else.
    in Queens, NY |
    Dr Shtainer is the best urologist in New York. I highly recommend him.
    in New York, NY |
    This doctor returns calls promptly and is very accessible. Very important when you have an urgent problem.
    in New York, NY |
    Very pleasant experience. I will definitely recommend to my family and friends!!!
    in New York |
    Very happy and will refer my family and friends!!!
    in New York, NY |
    Very friendly and knowledgeable Doctor.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr Shtainer is a very professional physician and a kind human being. I recommend him to all my family and friends.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    excellent doctor
    New York, NY |
    Very professional doctor. He gave me samples because I couldn't afford medications and gave me his mobile number when I had a medical problem. Highly recommend.
    New York, NY |
    Although there was a slight wait, the Dr. was very attentive, was able to understand my problem, and was very thorough in explaining my options for treatment. I heard he was one of the best urology surgeons, so I found him and made the appointment.
    in New York, NY |
    My father had a medical emergency which we didn't realize. Dr. Shtainer saw him the same day, admitted him to the hospital and supervised his care personally throughout. We always had his mobile phone for communication. We highly recommend him.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I would like to recommend Dr. Shtainer because he was able to diagnose my son's problem in a single visit and he has an ultrasound in the office. I didn't have to cancel a work day to take my son to radiology.
    in Corona, NY |
    I brought me son to see Dr. Shtainer who was able to review his medical history and explain everything that was done at other doctors. He then was able to stop some of his medications which were not effective. It is nice to finally have such an attentive doctor.
    Brooklyn, NY |
    Doctor didn't explain the medical condition, or what kind of medication he is prescribing and didn't even answer the questions and concerns i had with my child's medical condition. The whole visit with the doctor took 5 minutes including ultrasound and the amount of time it took him to send electronic prescription to my pharmacy. The last words from the doctor were you can go now.
    It is unfortunate that you had less than a good experience visiting our practice. It is our goal to understand and diagnose your child's problem and be thorough with our recommendations. Please contact our practice or schedule a follow up appointment to assure that all your questions are answered and you are satisfied with our care. Sincerely, Dr. Shtainer 212-243-5300
    in Rego Park, NY |
    Very dismissive and rude. would not recommend.
    We regret that your found your visit to our practice unsatisfactory. It is our mission to be professional with all our patients. Please call our practice to discuss any issues that you had. You will receive our undivided attention. Sincerely, Alfred Shtainer, MD 718-459-2200
    Have you seen Dr. Alfred Shtainer, MD?

Dr. Shtainer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shtainer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
    •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Shtainer has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shtainer's Board Certifications

• Urology

• Balanoposthitis
    • Bladder Cancer
    • Bladder Diseases
    • Bladder Diverticulum
    • Bladder Infection
    • Bladder Stones
    • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
    • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • Erectile Dysfunction
    • Hydronephrosis
    • Incontinence
    • Kidney Cancer
    • Kidney Disease
    • Kidney Stones
    • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
    • Prostate Cancer
    • Prostate Diseases
    • Prostatitis
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Spermatocele
    • Testicular Atrophy
    • Testicular Dysfunction
    • Ureteral Stones
    • Urethral Stricture
    • Urinary Disorders
    • Urinary Incontinence
    • Urinary Stones
    • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University

Completed in 1993

Ccny

Graduated in 1986

• Russian

Dr. Shtainer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shtainer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Bladder Surgery
    • Cystometry
    • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
    • Lithotripsy
    • Lithotripsy for Kidney Stones
    • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
    • Transurethral Needle Ablation of Prostate (TUNA)
    • Ultrasound