Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO

Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO

Oncology  ·
Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO is an oncology specialist in Oak Lawn, IL and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from MIDWESTERN UNIV AZ COLL OF OSTEO MED in 2000 and specializes in oncology, gynecology, and more.

6700 W 95th St # 330

Oak Lawn, IL 60453

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Guirguis' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Guirguis' Top Procedures and Conditions

Hysterectomy - Open

Dr. Guirguis performs Hysterectomy - Open more than 100% of his peers

Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic

Dr. Guirguis performs Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Guirguis performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Guirguis performs Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Guirguis performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abdominal Hysterectomy

Dr. Guirguis' conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
  • Advanced Colposcopy
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Bacterial Sepsis
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Pap Smear
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Pelvic Mass

3.8

Dr. Guirguis?
Dr. Guirguis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO
I am truly thankful for Dr. Guirguis and everything he has done for me. By far the best doctor I have ever been to! He is professional, respectful and it’s been a pleasant experience every appointment. Thanks to Dr. Guirguis I am one-year cancer free! I couldn’t be more blessed than to have been referred to him during that difficult time. He is simply amazing at what he does, period!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
On one of the scariest days of my life, my baby was born 8 weeks premature. Dr. Guirguis was there to perform an emergent hysterectomy and did so with the best possible outcome. I survived and so did my premature baby. I am now 2 months post-op and have recovered completely without any complications. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Guirguis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis was Reckless when taking care of my mother, another Doctor we saw said that his treatment was over aggressive and negligent, his plan could have killed her. It is absolutely ridiculous that women are Praising him for being kind & compassionate , when it is the Doctor's duty to be kind and compassionate they have no other choice, It is his practice and he stands to benefit so of course he is gonna be kind, that is not what matters, what matters is, is his diagnosis accurate? He failed miserably and could have cost her, her life. He was also not honest and very misleading . We found nothing authentic about him. It is also amazing that people think he is going above and beyond to answer questions every Dr. does that. The praises of this doctor are very misleading.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
I met Dr. Guirguis 7 years ago and if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be alive today. He is so thoughtful and caring. Dr. Gurguis was very thorough and detailed about what each steps would be. My surgery was very difficult and he literally saved my life. He is so encouraging and positive every time I’ve seen him. He and his staff are the best of the best and provide exceptional customer service. My family and I are forever grateful to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
My mother was seen by this doctor. When her General Practitioner of 20+ years found a tumor on her ovary, he called Dr. Guirguis from his vacation to see my mother. Her general doctor wanted her to have the BEST care and that’s what she got. Dr. Guirguis was very comforting, informative, and professional. Funny thing is, right before my mother’s surgery, I met a random person who was treated by him and she gave him a GLOWING reference. It really put me at ease. He lived up to the wonderful references and was able to perform her surgery robotically and she’s been healing very well. I’m so happy my mother, one of the most important people in my life, was so well taken care of.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis was not wonderful, his bedside manner was a great concern. He was not compassionate. To top things off, his poor skill made things worse. Quite possibly the most Deceitful Doctor you will ever meet. When he did not Interpret a report correctly he would not admit to his difficulty and became angry when it was pointed out that his statements were false. He has a very aggressive staff they will begin to write positive reviews for him that portray him as a Saint, falling for this belief, may not allow you to seek the best possible medical care. After this review gets posted you will see many positive reviews following it , that his staff will write saying how wonderful he is, but it is best not to fall for this. Friendly advice for others to know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis has a wonderful bedside manner. He is so kind and very compassionate. To top things off, he is a highly skilled, well trained surgeon. Quite possibly the best doctor every.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis is a wonderful Gyn-Onc. He has a great bed-side manner and treats his patients with kindness and respect. He is a highly skilled, well trained surgeon. You won't find a better doctor anywhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis has been my gynecologist since I was 18 years old. I am 24 now and plan on going to him for a very long time. He is extremely knowledgeable, very professional, kind, and has an excellent bedside manner that makes me feel very at ease when I have my check ups and Pap smears. He goes above and beyond to answer all questions and is simply wonderful all around. I am very thankful I have a doctor this high of a caliber I can trust and feel entirely comfortable around. Thank you Dr. Guirguis!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis began to complain about his patients to my companion. He said his patients were not clean, did not pay their bills, asked too many questions, and kepted him up at night. In the next minute he was saying it was his pleasure to take care of me. He was all over the map with his thoughts and ideas. We found many things not right with this Dr and his staff. He does appear to be much better if you can bring your husband into your care. But if your husband is working and he thinks you do not have that support he did and does go off the rails with religious talk, and begins rhetoric that is off and not appropriate. Some women are lucky and don't see this side of him others are not. We did see two sides of him but it took many months. I know world class Doctors and I thought he was one, until he himself disproved that quickly. One should be aware that this Dr can change moods fast. We also found him to have no problem flat out telling us misstruths to give us false hope.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
I must say that my experience with Dr Guirguis and his staff has been a good one. My primary Doctor of 20 years recommended him. My surgery and recovery was smooth. Before I came to this Doctor the reviews were glowing now I’m seeing for the month of April a lot of negativity. I have not experienced anything off about Dr Guirguis or his staff. Up to this date I am happy and with each day to come I’m hoping for a full recovery. My husband and I raised two children with sickle cell anemia and we know world class doctors when we see them. Dr Guirguis is in that category. To this date I have no complaints. Thank you Dr Guirguis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
It is important to understand that none of the surgeries that Dr. Guirguis is doing is unique. He is performing a robotic hysterectomy for each patient, which is routine surgery that thousands of Surgeons do around the country. I agree with the previous writer that he uses predatory religious rhetoric to prey on the minds of women who have cancer and need hope . He also thinks very highly of himself and may want to make himself look more righteous than he is. Found him to be very dishonest would not recommend him or his practices. Did not find him to be a special Person , Doctor or Surgeon, he is not unique, he is doing routine stuff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Doctor was extremely rude to my grandmother he couldn't spell the word Christianity if he had too, it's amazing how many wo,men are bamboozled by his regilous predatory rhetoric. Must be his staff agaIn writing postive reviews.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
I agree I LOVE the fact he is a Christian. He is a true person and excellent surgeon. He cares about you as a person and has the intelligence along with the personality to make a fearful and scary procedure, easy to have complete trust with his knowledge. I truly believe with my situation, it was God that brought me to him, and it was a miracle on how everything worked out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis is a great and selfless physician. I’m glad you mentioned his Christianity because he’s a real Christian. I wish God gives you peace. Also realize that, The lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace, Exodus 14:14. So be careful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis is very kind and professional. Thanking God for leading me to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Going to see Dr. Guirguis was unproductive and a waste of time. He walked into an exam room with a picture of the Reproductive Organs, within 3 minutes of meeting me he circled them and said let's remove these organs. Never asked if I wanted more children or how long I was in pain? He never did a single test to see if I had cancer, just wanted to perform a Robotic Hysterectomy. That seems to be where his bread-and-butter is. His staffer made a comment and said he doesn't make that much money on office visits, that's why he does surgeries. What kind of Dr. would want to perform unnecessary surgeries? Not a good one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis and his team are a very disappointing group of people to rely on to take care of you during about of cancer. Knowledge of rare cancers is limited, help they can orovide is very limited if non existent. Really all Dr Guirguis seems to want to do is perform Robot Hysterectomy then be called a hero, while he fails as a true Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
I am having a hard time understanding these postive reviews, they are alot of hype that Dr. Guirguis does not and did not live up to .This Dr. and his staff Proved not to be trustworthy. They provided very spotty and poor care. Would never Recommend this practice or Doctor to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alfred Guirguis, DO?
Dr. Guirguis and his staff have great difficulty accepting that they are not perfect, when they fail to provide good care and they are rated below five stars they will take great steps to remove that rating, they do this by trying to discredit the patient. These people need to provide care that is consistent, yet they don't and then get very upset when their poor care is highlighted. Would not recommend this practice they can be very a nigtmare to deal with if you need help.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Guirguis?

Insurance accepted