Dr. Alfred Fleming Jr, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Dr. Alfred Fleming Jr, MD
Practicing in the field of Otolaryngology is my greatest passion. I enjoy the challenge of this diverse specialty and am driven by the pursuit of delivering the best patient care. I am a partner in a large, multiple specialty, practice (Ohio ENT and Allergy Physicians) focusing on pediatric and adult ENT issues. Currently I hold the position of Medical Director for our practice. I also spend quite a bit of time covering several large hospitals in Columbus, OH. I am currently the Chief of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery section at Riverside Methodist Hospital. In addition to clinical practice, I enjoy teaching others in the medical field about ENT diseases and treatments. I do actively teach ENT residents and family practice residents as well as give annual lectures to nurse practitioner students. Within the field of Otolaryngology, I have a particular interest in Otology (Ear), Sinus, Laryngology (Voice and Swallowing), Endocrine (Thyroid/Parathyroid) and Head and Neck Oncology (Cancer). I do keep current with recent advancements in our field. Outside of medicine, I enjoy spending time with my wonderful wife and two sons, traveling, exercising, listening to music, and playing chess. Nothing gives me more joy than to improve the well being and quality of life of my patients.

Dr. Fleming Jr's Care Philosophy

Keeping the patient at the center of the process and "in the driver's seat" is my approach to caring for patients. I firmly believe that patients must be confident with their medical decisions and I am there them. I also believe in conservative medicine and avoiding surgery whenever possible. Sometimes less is more in life and in medicine. It is important to listen to my patients' input and I am happy to hear about and answer questions about what they read about on the internet. I treat all patients equally and as if he or she were one of my family members. I encourage questions and am always willing to learn from the experience and expertise of my patients as well. There are many ways in which patients learn and I try to deliver information both verbally and visually. I value the health and wellbeing of my patients above all else.

Dr. Fleming Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Fleming Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fleming Jr

Dr. Fleming Jr accepts 30 insurance carriers

Dr. Fleming Jr is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Fleming Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fleming Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fleming Jr to family and friends
Dr. Fleming Jr Says:

Thank you for providing feedback that will be shared with others.  This feedback is valued by me so that I can continuously improve every patient's experience in my practice.

If you have any concerns, please contact me at 614-538-2424.

Dr. Fleming Jr's Performance
THE DR SPOKE IN SIMPLE GENTLE QUESTIONS, AND ANSWERS. VERY GENTLE
We have gone to Dr. Fleming for two of our children. Dr. Fleming was great to work with! He took his time evaluating both of our children and answered all our questions and concerns we had. We never felt rushed when speaking with Dr. Fleming. Both of our children felt extremely comfortable with him. Dr. Fleming's staff was also easy to work with. I would highly recommend Dr. Fleming!
Columbus, OH |
I had a great experience. I had broken my nose in an accident, and Dr. Fleming straightened it out for me. I've never had a local anesthetic injection be so painless! He did a great job.
in Westerville, OH |
Dr.Fleming did a thorough work up so that he clearly understood my problem and then recommended sinus surgery to correct my chronic sinusitis. He performed the surgery at the Ohio Surgery Center and I had no problems after the surgery - did not even need to take pain meds. My one-week post op visit went well as did my six month check up. I would highly recommend Dr. Fleming. He is a very knowledgeable physician and provides great customer service.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming was extremely thorough, decisive, caring and reassuring throughout the process from diagnosis to post-surgery. He was also extremely responsive which helped alleviate any concerns.
in Powell, OH |
Dr Fleming is a wonderful ENT. He was very thorough with explaining the whole process for my total thyroidectomy. I felt very comfortable and confident in my surgeon. My scar is very minimal, even a week out of surgery. The whole practice runs like a well oiled machine. I have already recommended Dr Fleming and I will continue to recommend him
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr Fleming did my cochlear implant surgery. He was very warm and friendly. He very patiently explained what would be involved and what to expect. He readily answered all my questions or concerns in a very professional manner. The surgery went very well. He visited with my family immediately afterward and then came to see me after recovery. I had planned to stay overnight, as a precaution. He even came to my room late that evening, just at the end of visiting hours. I would highly recommen
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming performed my C. I. surgery on November 20, 2015. I was reborn into this world ever since. I began losing hearing in 1987, and had progressive loss for 30 years. He really is a miracle worker. Thanks Dr. Fleming! You gave me a new life.
in Columbus, Ohio |
Dr. Fleming is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to anyone. I have great respect and confidence in Dr. Fleming. I had a rare cancer and with his expertise and care he saved my life.
in Columbus, OH |
He listened to my problem and its history, current situation and prior treatment, and suggested an approach that made me feel comfortable. When I told him I pass out sometimes he took extra precautions to preempt that. During the treatment, he took care to see how I was responding which made me safe in his hands. The procedure was done so well that I walked out feeling confident. Dr. Fleming also gave me his card and asked that I call/text if I had any problems which exceeded my expectations.
in Columbus, OH |
Couldn't be better: expert, gentle, and diplomatic! Dr. Fleming will be my ENT physician for life!
in Athens, OH |
Dr. Fleming is obviously intelligent and highly qualified. He has an excellent bedside manner and explains the problem and associated issues in a sympathetic fashion, and carefully outlines the prescribed treatment. I was extremely pleased with his care.
Marysville, OH |
Dr Fleming sits to talk to you. He made feel comfortable with the operation I needed. HE treated my family with respect. HE appears to have compassign for his patients.
in Pickerington, Ohio |
Dr. Fleming is polite and professional. My thyroid surgery was causing me great concern but he was great. My family felt very at ease with him and he spoke with them after the procedure.
in Powell, OH |
Dr. Fleming is a fabulous doctor! He cares about his patients and takes as much time as needed to make them feel comfortable. He has treated all four of my children, my husband and myself for years. I have given his name to many friends who have also used him with great results.
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Fleming and his staff are absolutely amazing, the care I was provide was outstanding. I do not have a single complaint.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Fleming has the ability to put a patient at ease. He is friendly, has a very relaxed manner when speaking to a patient, makes eye contact and listens to any question from the patient. He explained the procedure completely.
in Columbus, OH |
Everything went extremely well. Dr. Fleming is very competent and has a good relationship with his patients.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Fleming is remarkable. I went to him with a severely deviated septum. He was very polished and showed me via a camera what was wrong. He recommended a septoplasty for correction. I just had the procedure yesterday. My recovery is incredible. Virtually no swelling and no nasal packing. He uses the best modern techniques. The most pain I felt, and this is not a joke, was the blood pressure cuff the hospital used. I can't recommend Dr. Fleming highly enough as a terrific ENT doctor and surgeon.
in Galloway ohio |
Have seen Dr. Fleming for long time, had two sinus surgery's, doing better. Also taken my daughter to see him, and she had surgery-went great. He takes time to listen and during procedure very confident and calm. Very reassuring-when my daughter had surgery. His staff is also very friendly. Would recommend him for other patients, along with other doctor's in his group. Thank you Dr.Fleming
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming is professional, friendly, and patient. He washed his hands upon entering the room which I especially appreciated. He answered all my questions. My surgery and recovery went as he explained it would and there were no complications I would recommend him to friends and family.
in Hilliard, OH |
good experience - friendly and business like getting to situation quickly then used his instruments to find indication of problem with a good pre exam talk on what to expect and then via visuals explained in detail my situation which was tricky because it was a so called silence presentation but scope showed the cause. So I was convinced of diagnoses which was refreshing.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming performed my sinus surgery. He has a gentle, calm manner that shows that he really cares about his patients' emotions. He also provided clear information about the surgery and his office is very efficient and well run, as is the associated surgery center. There was never any pressure from Dr. Fleming to schedule unnecessary follow up appointments like with so many other Doctors I've had. There is really nothing I would change about my entire experience as his patient.
Dublin, Ohio |
He took the time to listen to and answer all my questions.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming took excellent care and precision with our daughters Tonsillectomy. He was very clear about the procedure, expectations, and gave us a very clear assessment of how things went (very well) and what we needed to do. I would recommend him as a Surgeon to anyone looking for a pediatric ENT.
in Belpre, Ohio |
I suddenly fell ill with stroke like symptoms and my husband rushed me to our local hospital. Local ER Drs were not sure of what the problem was and needed the consult of an ENT Dr to admit me to the hospital. Their ENT Dr was not on call that day so I was taken to a higher level hospital in Columbus (Riverside). Once there, their Drs ruled out a stroke and called for a consult of an ENT, Dr Fleming. In a very short time he correctly determined that I had shingles in my inner ear. I am now well.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Fleming is amazing! He performed my septoplasty; the surgery was successful and my recovery was quick & smooth. I also have allergies; Dr. Fleming expressed genuine concern with helping me obtain treatment, and thoughtfully ensured that I get the allergy testing and treatment scheduled when I have full insurance coverage again. It is evident that Dr. Fleming has great compassion for his patients, and a high level of skill and passion in his career!
He explained everything he did which was awesome. He was very thural. And also very friendly
in Pickerington, OH |
Dr. Fleming Jr. is one of the BEST doctors of our time. He knows his business like no other and is a very kind, considerate, gentle and has one of the best bed side manner of any doctor I have ever known. I have been going to Dr. Fleming Jr. for several years now and he is always right on with my diagnosis and takes care of me with care and professionalism. I would highly recommend him to anyone because he is a very good doctor and cares about his patients and people in general.
in Dublin, OH |
Dr. Fleming is fantastic! He diagnosed and successfully treated an issue I'd been suffering with for years. No other physician had been able to put all the pieces together but Dr. Fleming did. He's not only highly technically competent but he encourages questions and is very patient explaining why and how he is going to do a procedure or treatment. I don't usually fill these kind of surveys out but Dr. Fleming is overall the best physician who has ever treated me. Outstanding.
in Dublin, OH |
I appreciated Dr. Fleming's competence, willingness to answer all my questions, giving me a choice in treatment. His treatment of an ear issue was successful so of course I'm very pleased.
Dr Fleming took care of both of my children. Both of their tongues were tied and I was struggling with breastfeeding. He did an excellent job, was great with the babies and very kind. The procedure was done quickly and my children were able to breastfeed successfully. Thank you Dr Fleming for helping us during this time in our lives.
in Piketon, OH |
I saw him due to a sudden onset of tinnitus. He said he had no idea why I had suddenly developed tinnitus. He assumed the worst and started with a high dose of prednisone followed by diazepam. He gave no warnings on the dangers of either prescription. He led me to (unnecessarily) purchase a $1200 hearing aid. After 12 weeks of misery and no improvement, I went to see a knowledgable ENT in Cincinnati. He immediately and correctly diagnosed the issue as being caused by clinching my teeth at night.
in Columbus, OH |
While cleaning the grill with a metallic brush, one bristle fell off the brush and got stuck on the mushroom I cooked later. It was stuck in my throat, and I couldn't figure out what it was. I reached Ohio ENT where Dr. Fleming started looking into my concern. He was extremely patient and exactly knew how he had to approach the problem. He very nicely (and as painlessly as possible) took the bristle out and helped me developing several other complications. I would highly recommend him.
in Springfield, Ohio |
Had been literally miserable for four months when I was referred to Ohio ENT. I was immediately impressed with Dr Fleming's thoroughness and that his approach was conservative at first, surgical route when meds didn't fix the problem. He had the expertise to know what needed to be done and it worked! Great personality and compassion! Definitely recommend!
in Portsmouth, OH |
Dr. Fleming saved my life. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Worthington Ohio |
Dr. Fleming diagnosed my condition and explained it in a way that was easily understood and gave me a prognosis. He did not seem to be in a hurry to provide more treatment and thus more $'s than was necessary and I appreciate that approach.
in Ohio |
My Family & I HIGHLY recommend Doctor Fleming and his Staff. I battled cancer 2x's in 4years and Dr. Fleming was there both times in a VERY PROFESSIONAL, CARING & EFFICENT Manner. Today I am cancer free and continue My Check ups with Dr. Fleming Jr. faithfully!!! YOU TOO CAN COUNT ON Doctor ALFRED FLEMING JR. !!!!!
in Powell, OH |
Fit me in the day after an ER visit. Very thorough in discussion and took time to make sure we understood condition
in Marysville, OH |
Thorough and informative.
GREAT DOCTOR AND STAFF
in Dublin ohio |
Dr Flemming is very knowledgeable and puts his patients at ease with his experience and expertise VERY lucky to have him as my surgeon.
in Marysville, OH |
Dr. Fleming has been my ENT for almost 5 years now. He is dedicated to his patients and focused on how to improve their well being. I have referred several of my family members, friends, and acquaintances to him knowing that he will take great care of them as well.
in Lewis Center, OH |
Dr. Fleming is very smart and very determined to do the best he can for his patients.
in West Jefferson, OH |
Dr. Fleming treated me for the past 1.5 years. He has consistently been attentive, knowledgeable, and understanding. Listens to your concerns. Highly recommend him.
in Grove City, OH |
My name is Sandra T. I had a total thyroidectomy performed by Dr. Fleming on February 5, 2016 at Riverside Methodist Hospital. I met Dr. Fleming for the 1st time on February 3, 2016 as I was referred to him by Ohio ENT. Dr. Fleming has a STELLAR bedside manner with his patient/family leaving no questions unanswered regarding your surgery & the care you will receive from him. My husband and I were very pleased with him. 5 stars to Dr. Fleming! I would highly recommend him for your ENT needs.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Fleming and his staff are great! I had never been to their office before, but they managed to squeeze me into their busy schedule when I was suffering from severe tonsillitis. I highly recommend his office!
in Columbus, OH |
Starting a month ago I began to have a severe earache. I went to a Minute Clinic twice and after a round of antibiotics and ear drops felt no better. Their response was to go to an urgent care. Thankfully I decided to go to an ent doctor and luckily Dr. Fleming was my savior. He discovered a polyp in my ear canal and promptly and without any pain cut it out. Today he set me free and I've never felt better. I have complete confidence in his abilities and will recommend him to everyone I know.
in Hilliard, OH |
He is very kind and answers questions for you. Would go to him again if he is needed.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming performed surgery on my sinuses after having sinus problems my whole life. I had sinus surgery when I was a child and now had it as an adult. This time was so much better due to his ability to not use packing after the surgery. I only had pain for about 4 days. It's only been 3 weeks since the surgery but I haven't felt this good in a long time. I am truly grateful.
Have you seen Dr. Alfred Fleming Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Fleming Jr?

Compare Dr. Fleming Jr

Dr. Fleming Jr says...

Practicing in the field of Otolaryngology is my greatest passion. I enjoy the challenge of this diverse specialty and am driven by the pursuit of delivering the best patient care. I am a partner in a large, multiple specialty, practice (Ohio ENT and Allergy Physicians) focusing on pediatric and adult ENT issues.  Currently I hold the position of Medical Director for our practice.

I also spend quite a bit of time covering several large hospitals in Columbus, OH.  I am currently the Chief of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery section at Riverside Methodist Hospital.

In addition to clinical practice, I enjoy teaching others in the medical field about ENT diseases and treatments.  I do actively teach ENT residents and family practice residents as well as give annual lectures to nurse practitioner students.

Within the field of Otolaryngology, I have a particular interest in Otology (Ear), Sinus, Laryngology (Voice and Swallowing), Endocrine (Thyroid/Parathyroid) and Head and Neck Oncology (Cancer).  I do keep current with recent advancements in our field.

Dr. Fleming Jr's Care Philosophy

Keeping the patient at the center of the process and "in the driver's seat" is my approach to caring for patients.  I firmly believe that patients must be confident with their medical decisions and I am there them.

I also believe in conservative medicine and avoiding surgery whenever possible.  Sometimes less is more in life and in medicine.

I treat all patients equally and as if he or she were one of my family members.  I encourage questions and am always willing to learn from the experience and expertise of my patients as well.

I value the health and wellbeing of my patients above all else.

Dr. Fleming Jr says...

I trained at The Ohio State University in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, one of the busiest ENT departments in the nation.  This has provided me with the experience and confidence to treat all ENT conditions.

I enjoy all aspects of my specialty and I particularly enjoy taking care of pediatric patients, endocrine (thyroid/parathyroid), otology (ear), and rhinology (sinuses and nasal cavity).

Dr. Fleming Jr says...

I pride myself on a full range expertise in many procedures, but the ones that may set me apart from other ENT physicians are:

- Cochlear Implants, stapedectomies, bone anchored hearing aids, mastoid surgery

- Balloon sinuplasty in addition to traditional endoscopic sinus surgery

- Thyroid/parathyroid surgery

Dr. Fleming Jr says...

If you have any concerns, please contact me at 614-538-2424.

Dr. Fleming Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otorhinolaryngology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Fleming Jr has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fleming Jr's Board Certifications

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Jaw Fracture
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

The Ohio State University Department Of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

Completed in 2009

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Fleming Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fleming Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Cochlear Implant Insertion
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Laryngectomy and Pharyngectomy
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy