Dr. Alfred J. Fleming Jr., MD

Dr. Alfred J. Fleming Jr., MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Ohio ENT & Allergy Physicians 974 Bethel Rd Ste A, Columbus, OH 43214 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Fleming Jr.'s Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Fleming Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Otorhinolaryngologynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Fleming Jr.

Dr. Fleming Jr. accepts 30 insurance carriers

30 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Fleming Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Reviewing Dr. Fleming Jr.

Dr. Fleming Jr.'s Review Details
      4.9 based on 73 responses
      Experience with Dr. Fleming Jr.
      Dr. Fleming Jr.'s Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (69)
      Dr. Fleming Jr. says

Thank you for providing feedback that will be shared with others.  This feedback is valued by me so that I can continuously improve every patient's experience in my practice.

If you have any concerns, please contact me at 614-538-2424.

in Hilliard, OH |
      Dr. Fleming is amazing! He performed my septoplasty; the surgery was successful and my recovery was quick & smooth. I also have allergies; Dr. Fleming expressed genuine concern with helping me obtain treatment, and thoughtfully ensured that I get the allergy testing and treatment scheduled when I have full insurance coverage again. It is evident that Dr. Fleming has great compassion for his patients, and a high level of skill and passion in his career!
      He explained everything he did which was awesome. He was very thural. And also very friendly
      in Pickerington, OH |
      Dr. Fleming Jr. is one of the BEST doctors of our time. He knows his business like no other and is a very kind, considerate, gentle and has one of the best bed side manner of any doctor I have ever known. I have been going to Dr. Fleming Jr. for several years now and he is always right on with my diagnosis and takes care of me with care and professionalism. I would highly recommend him to anyone because he is a very good doctor and cares about his patients and people in general.
      in Dublin, OH |
      Dr. Fleming is fantastic! He diagnosed and successfully treated an issue I'd been suffering with for years. No other physician had been able to put all the pieces together but Dr. Fleming did. He's not only highly technically competent but he encourages questions and is very patient explaining why and how he is going to do a procedure or treatment. I don't usually fill these kind of surveys out but Dr. Fleming is overall the best physician who has ever treated me. Outstanding.
      in Dublin, OH |
      I appreciated Dr. Fleming's competence, willingness to answer all my questions, giving me a choice in treatment. His treatment of an ear issue was successful so of course I'm very pleased.
      Dr Fleming took care of both of my children. Both of their tongues were tied and I was struggling with breastfeeding. He did an excellent job, was great with the babies and very kind. The procedure was done quickly and my children were able to breastfeed successfully. Thank you Dr Fleming for helping us during this time in our lives.
      in Piketon, OH |
      I saw him due to a sudden onset of tinnitus. He said he had no idea why I had suddenly developed tinnitus. He assumed the worst and started with a high dose of prednisone followed by diazepam. He gave no warnings on the dangers of either prescription. He led me to (unnecessarily) purchase a $1200 hearing aid. After 12 weeks of misery and no improvement, I went to see a knowledgable ENT in Cincinnati. He immediately and correctly diagnosed the issue as being caused by clinching my teeth at night.
      in Columbus, OH |
      While cleaning the grill with a metallic brush, one bristle fell off the brush and got stuck on the mushroom I cooked later. It was stuck in my throat, and I couldn't figure out what it was. I reached Ohio ENT where Dr. Fleming started looking into my concern. He was extremely patient and exactly knew how he had to approach the problem. He very nicely (and as painlessly as possible) took the bristle out and helped me developing several other complications. I would highly recommend him.
      in Springfield, Ohio |
      Had been literally miserable for four months when I was referred to Ohio ENT. I was immediately impressed with Dr Fleming's thoroughness and that his approach was conservative at first, surgical route when meds didn't fix the problem. He had the expertise to know what needed to be done and it worked! Great personality and compassion! Definitely recommend!
      in Portsmouth, OH |
      Dr. Fleming saved my life. I would recommend him to anyone.
      in Worthington Ohio |
      Dr. Fleming diagnosed my condition and explained it in a way that was easily understood and gave me a prognosis. He did not seem to be in a "hurry" to provide more treatment and thus more $'s than was necessary and I appreciate that approach.
      in Ohio |
      My Family & I HIGHLY recommend Doctor Fleming and his Staff. I battled cancer 2x's in 4years and Dr. Fleming was there both times in a VERY PROFESSIONAL, CARING & EFFICENT Manner. Today I am cancer free and continue My Check ups with Dr. Fleming Jr. faithfully!!! YOU TOO CAN COUNT ON "Doctor ALFRED FLEMING JR. !!!!!
      in Powell, OH |
      Fit me in the day after an ER visit. Very thorough in discussion and took time to make sure we understood condition
      in Marysville, OH |
      Thorough and informative.
      GREAT DOCTOR AND STAFF
      in Dublin ohio |
      Dr Flemming is very knowledgeable and puts his patients at ease with his experience and expertise VERY lucky to have him as my surgeon.
      in Marysville, OH |
      Dr. Fleming has been my ENT for almost 5 years now. He is dedicated to his patients and focused on how to improve their well being. I have referred several of my family members, friends, and acquaintances to him knowing that he will take great care of them as well.
      in Lewis Center, OH |
      Dr. Fleming is very smart and very determined to do the best he can for his patients.
      in West Jefferson, OH |
      Dr. Fleming treated me for the past 1.5 years. He has consistently been attentive, knowledgeable, and understanding. Listens to your concerns. Highly recommend him.
      in Grove City, OH |
      My name is Sandra T. I had a total thyroidectomy performed by Dr. Fleming on February 5, 2016 at Riverside Methodist Hospital. I met Dr. Fleming for the 1st time on February 3, 2016 as I was referred to him by Ohio ENT. Dr. Fleming has a STELLAR bedside manner with his patient/family leaving no questions unanswered regarding your surgery & the care you will receive from him. My husband and I were very pleased with him. 5 stars to Dr. Fleming! I would highly recommend him for your ENT needs.
      in Hilliard, OH |
      Dr. Fleming and his staff are great! I had never been to their office before, but they managed to squeeze me into their busy schedule when I was suffering from severe tonsillitis. I highly recommend his office!
      in Columbus, OH |
      Starting a month ago I began to have a severe earache. I went to a Minute Clinic twice and after a round of antibiotics and ear drops felt no better. Their response was to go to an urgent care. Thankfully I decided to go to an ent doctor and luckily Dr. Fleming was my savior. He discovered a polyp in my ear canal and promptly and without any pain cut it out. Today he "set me free" and I've never felt better. I have complete confidence in his abilities and will recommend him to everyone I know.
      in Hilliard, OH |
      He is very kind and answers questions for you. Would go to him again if he is needed.
      Columbus, OH |
      Dr. Fleming performed surgery on my sinuses after having sinus problems my whole life. I had sinus surgery when I was a child and now had it as an adult. This time was so much better due to his ability to not use packing after the surgery. I only had pain for about 4 days. It's only been 3 weeks since the surgery but I haven't felt this good in a long time. I am truly grateful.
      in Newark, OH |
      Dr. Fleming was very professional and flexible. His staff was very helpful and accommodating my needs when scheduling my son's surgery. He did a wonderful job and handled every situation above and beyond my expectations! Thank you for a wonderful and positive experience!
      Have you seen Dr. Fleming Jr.?

Compare Dr. Fleming Jr.

• Enlarged Turbinates
      • ENT Cancer
      • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
      • Facial Fracture
      • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
      • Gum Cancer
      • Head and Neck Cancer
      • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
      • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
      • Jaw Fracture
      • Sjögren's Syndrome
      • Sleep Disorders
      • Snoring
      • Swimmer's Ear
      • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
      • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
      • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
      • Throat Pain
      • Vocal Cord Paralysis
      • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
      • Adenoidectomy
      • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
      • Balloon Sinuplasty
      • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
      • Cochlear Implant Insertion
      • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
      • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
      • Ear Surgery
      • Ear Tube Placement
      • ENT Surgery
      • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
      • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
      • Laryngectomy and Pharyngectomy
      • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
      • Lip, Excision or Resection
      • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
      • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
      • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
      • Parathyroidectomy
      • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
      • Sinus Surgery
      • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
      • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
      • Thyroid Lobectomy
      • Thyroidectomy
      • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
      • Tonsillectomy
      • Tracheal Surgery
      • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
      • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Ohio State University College Of Medicine And Public Health

Graduated in 2004

Mount Carmel West

Completed in 2005

The Ohio State University Department Of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

Completed in 2009

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Fleming Jr. has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Fleming Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
      • Board certified in Otorhinolaryngology
      • Malpractice claims in Ohio not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

×

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Fleming Jr.

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Fleming Jr.'s Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Fleming Jr.

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Fleming Jr. says...

Practicing in the field of Otolaryngology is my greatest passion. I enjoy the challenge of this diverse specialty and am driven by the pursuit of delivering the best patient care. I am a partner in a large, multiple specialty, practice (Ohio ENT and Allergy Physicians) focusing on pediatric and adult ENT issues.  Currently I hold the position of Medical Director for our practice.

I also spend quite a bit of time covering several large hospitals in Columbus, OH.  I am currently the Chief of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery section at Riverside Methodist Hospital.

In addition to clinical practice, I enjoy teaching others in the medical field about ENT diseases and treatments.  I do actively teach ENT residents and family practice residents as well as give annual lectures to nurse practitioner students.

Within the field of Otolaryngology, I have a particular interest in Otology (Ear), Sinus, Laryngology (Voice and Swallowing), Endocrine (Thyroid/Parathyroid) and Head and Neck Oncology (Cancer).  I do keep current with recent advancements in our field.

Outside of medicine, I enjoy spending time with my wonderful wife and two sons, traveling, exercising, listening to music, and playing chess.

Nothing gives me more joy than to improve the well being and quality of life of my patients.

Dr. Fleming Jr.'s Care Philosophy

Keeping the patient at the center of the process and "in the driver's seat" is my approach to caring for patients.  I firmly believe that patients must be confident with their medical decisions and I am there them.

I also believe in conservative medicine and avoiding surgery whenever possible.  Sometimes less is more in life and in medicine.

It is important to listen to my patients' input and I am happy to hear about and answer questions about what they read about on the internet.

I treat all patients equally and as if he or she were one of my family members.  I encourage questions and am always willing to learn from the experience and expertise of my patients as well.

There are many ways in which patients learn and I try to deliver information both verbally and visually.

I value the health and wellbeing of my patients above all else.

Dr. Fleming Jr. says...

I trained at The Ohio State University in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, one of the busiest ENT departments in the nation.  This has provided me with the experience and confidence to treat all ENT conditions.

I enjoy all aspects of my specialty and I particularly enjoy taking care of pediatric patients, endocrine (thyroid/parathyroid), otology (ear), and rhinology (sinuses and nasal cavity).

Dr. Fleming Jr. says...

I pride myself on a full range expertise in many procedures, but the ones that may set me apart from other ENT physicians are:

- Cochlear Implants, stapedectomies, bone anchored hearing aids, mastoid surgery

- Balloon sinuplasty in addition to traditional endoscopic sinus surgery

- Thyroid/parathyroid surgery

Dr. Fleming Jr. says...

If you have any concerns, please contact me at 614-538-2424.