Dr. Alfred J. Fleming Jr., MD

Dr. Alfred J. Fleming Jr., MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male | 40 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Keeping the patient at the center of the process and "in the driver's seat" is my approach to caring for patients. I firmly believe that patients must be confident with their medical decisions and I am there them. I also believe in conservative medicine and avoiding surgery whenever possible. Sometimes less is more in life and in medicine. It is important to listen to my patients' input and I am happy to hear about and answer questions about what they read about on the internet. I treat all patients equally and as if he or she were one of my family members. I encourage questions and am always willing to learn from the experience and expertise of my patients as well. There are many ways in which patients learn and I try to deliver information both verbally and visually. I value the health and wellbeing of my patients above all else.Read more

Personal Bio

Practicing in the field of Otolaryngology is my greatest passion. I enjoy the challenge of this diverse specialty and am...Read more

Dr. Fleming Jr.'s Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Fleming Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fleming Jr.

Dr. Fleming Jr. accepts 30 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Fleming Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Fleming Jr.'s Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fleming Jr. to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Fleming Jr.
Dr. Fleming Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (80)
Dr. Fleming Jr. Says:

Thank you for providing feedback that will be shared with others.  This feedback is valued by me so that I can continuously improve every patient's experience in my practice.

If you have any concerns, please contact me at 614-538-2424.

in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Fleming and his staff are absolutely amazing, the care I was provide was outstanding. I do not have a single complaint.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Fleming has the ability to put a patient at ease. He is friendly, has a very relaxed manner when speaking to a patient, makes eye contact and listens to any question from the patient. He explained the procedure completely.
in Columbus, OH |
Everything went extremely well. Dr. Fleming is very competent and has a good relationship with his patients.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Fleming is remarkable. I went to him with a severely deviated septum. He was very polished and showed me via a camera what was wrong. He recommended a septoplasty for correction. I just had the procedure yesterday. My recovery is incredible. Virtually no swelling and no nasal packing. He uses the best modern techniques. The most pain I felt, and this is not a joke, was the blood pressure cuff the hospital used. I can't recommend Dr. Fleming highly enough as a terrific ENT doctor and surgeon.
in Galloway ohio |
Have seen Dr. Fleming for long time, had two sinus surgery's, doing better. Also taken my daughter to see him, and she had surgery-went great. He takes time to listen and during procedure very confident and calm. Very reassuring-when my daughter had surgery. His staff is also very friendly. Would recommend him for other patients, along with other doctor's in his group. Thank you Dr.Fleming
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming is professional, friendly, and patient. He washed his hands upon entering the room which I especially appreciated. He answered all my questions. My surgery and recovery went as he explained it would and there were no complications I would recommend him to friends and family.
in Hilliard, OH |
good experience - friendly and business like getting to situation quickly then used his instruments to find indication of problem with a good pre exam talk on what to expect and then via visuals explained in detail my situation which was tricky because it was a so called silence presentation but scope showed the cause. So I was convinced of diagnoses which was refreshing.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming performed my sinus surgery. He has a gentle, calm manner that shows that he really cares about his patients' emotions. He also provided clear information about the surgery and his office is very efficient and well run, as is the associated surgery center. There was never any pressure from Dr. Fleming to schedule unnecessary follow up appointments like with so many other Doctors I've had. There is really nothing I would change about my entire experience as his patient.
Dublin, Ohio |
He took the time to listen to and answer all my questions.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming took excellent care and precision with our daughters Tonsillectomy. He was very clear about the procedure, expectations, and gave us a very clear assessment of how things went (very well) and what we needed to do. I would recommend him as a Surgeon to anyone looking for a pediatric ENT.
in Belpre, Ohio |
I suddenly fell ill with stroke like symptoms and my husband rushed me to our local hospital. Local ER Drs were not sure of what the problem was and needed the consult of an ENT Dr to admit me to the hospital. Their ENT Dr was not on call that day so I was taken to a higher level hospital in Columbus (Riverside). Once there, their Drs ruled out a stroke and called for a consult of an ENT, Dr Fleming. In a very short time he correctly determined that I had shingles in my inner ear. I am now well.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Fleming is amazing! He performed my septoplasty; the surgery was successful and my recovery was quick & smooth. I also have allergies; Dr. Fleming expressed genuine concern with helping me obtain treatment, and thoughtfully ensured that I get the allergy testing and treatment scheduled when I have full insurance coverage again. It is evident that Dr. Fleming has great compassion for his patients, and a high level of skill and passion in his career!
He explained everything he did which was awesome. He was very thural. And also very friendly
in Pickerington, OH |
Dr. Fleming Jr. is one of the BEST doctors of our time. He knows his business like no other and is a very kind, considerate, gentle and has one of the best bed side manner of any doctor I have ever known. I have been going to Dr. Fleming Jr. for several years now and he is always right on with my diagnosis and takes care of me with care and professionalism. I would highly recommend him to anyone because he is a very good doctor and cares about his patients and people in general.
in Dublin, OH |
Dr. Fleming is fantastic! He diagnosed and successfully treated an issue I'd been suffering with for years. No other physician had been able to put all the pieces together but Dr. Fleming did. He's not only highly technically competent but he encourages questions and is very patient explaining why and how he is going to do a procedure or treatment. I don't usually fill these kind of surveys out but Dr. Fleming is overall the best physician who has ever treated me. Outstanding.
in Dublin, OH |
I appreciated Dr. Fleming's competence, willingness to answer all my questions, giving me a choice in treatment. His treatment of an ear issue was successful so of course I'm very pleased.
Dr Fleming took care of both of my children. Both of their tongues were tied and I was struggling with breastfeeding. He did an excellent job, was great with the babies and very kind. The procedure was done quickly and my children were able to breastfeed successfully. Thank you Dr Fleming for helping us during this time in our lives.
in Piketon, OH |
I saw him due to a sudden onset of tinnitus. He said he had no idea why I had suddenly developed tinnitus. He assumed the worst and started with a high dose of prednisone followed by diazepam. He gave no warnings on the dangers of either prescription. He led me to (unnecessarily) purchase a $1200 hearing aid. After 12 weeks of misery and no improvement, I went to see a knowledgable ENT in Cincinnati. He immediately and correctly diagnosed the issue as being caused by clinching my teeth at night.
in Columbus, OH |
While cleaning the grill with a metallic brush, one bristle fell off the brush and got stuck on the mushroom I cooked later. It was stuck in my throat, and I couldn't figure out what it was. I reached Ohio ENT where Dr. Fleming started looking into my concern. He was extremely patient and exactly knew how he had to approach the problem. He very nicely (and as painlessly as possible) took the bristle out and helped me developing several other complications. I would highly recommend him.
in Springfield, Ohio |
Had been literally miserable for four months when I was referred to Ohio ENT. I was immediately impressed with Dr Fleming's thoroughness and that his approach was conservative at first, surgical route when meds didn't fix the problem. He had the expertise to know what needed to be done and it worked! Great personality and compassion! Definitely recommend!
in Portsmouth, OH |
Dr. Fleming saved my life. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Worthington Ohio |
Dr. Fleming diagnosed my condition and explained it in a way that was easily understood and gave me a prognosis. He did not seem to be in a hurry to provide more treatment and thus more $'s than was necessary and I appreciate that approach.
in Ohio |
My Family & I HIGHLY recommend Doctor Fleming and his Staff. I battled cancer 2x's in 4years and Dr. Fleming was there both times in a VERY PROFESSIONAL, CARING & EFFICENT Manner. Today I am cancer free and continue My Check ups with Dr. Fleming Jr. faithfully!!! YOU TOO CAN COUNT ON Doctor ALFRED FLEMING JR. !!!!!
in Powell, OH |
Fit me in the day after an ER visit. Very thorough in discussion and took time to make sure we understood condition
in Marysville, OH |
Thorough and informative.
GREAT DOCTOR AND STAFF
in Dublin ohio |
Dr Flemming is very knowledgeable and puts his patients at ease with his experience and expertise VERY lucky to have him as my surgeon.
in Marysville, OH |
Dr. Fleming has been my ENT for almost 5 years now. He is dedicated to his patients and focused on how to improve their well being. I have referred several of my family members, friends, and acquaintances to him knowing that he will take great care of them as well.
in Lewis Center, OH |
Dr. Fleming is very smart and very determined to do the best he can for his patients.
in West Jefferson, OH |
Dr. Fleming treated me for the past 1.5 years. He has consistently been attentive, knowledgeable, and understanding. Listens to your concerns. Highly recommend him.
in Grove City, OH |
My name is Sandra T. I had a total thyroidectomy performed by Dr. Fleming on February 5, 2016 at Riverside Methodist Hospital. I met Dr. Fleming for the 1st time on February 3, 2016 as I was referred to him by Ohio ENT. Dr. Fleming has a STELLAR bedside manner with his patient/family leaving no questions unanswered regarding your surgery & the care you will receive from him. My husband and I were very pleased with him. 5 stars to Dr. Fleming! I would highly recommend him for your ENT needs.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr. Fleming and his staff are great! I had never been to their office before, but they managed to squeeze me into their busy schedule when I was suffering from severe tonsillitis. I highly recommend his office!
in Columbus, OH |
Starting a month ago I began to have a severe earache. I went to a Minute Clinic twice and after a round of antibiotics and ear drops felt no better. Their response was to go to an urgent care. Thankfully I decided to go to an ent doctor and luckily Dr. Fleming was my savior. He discovered a polyp in my ear canal and promptly and without any pain cut it out. Today he set me free and I've never felt better. I have complete confidence in his abilities and will recommend him to everyone I know.
in Hilliard, OH |
He is very kind and answers questions for you. Would go to him again if he is needed.
Columbus, OH |
Dr. Fleming performed surgery on my sinuses after having sinus problems my whole life. I had sinus surgery when I was a child and now had it as an adult. This time was so much better due to his ability to not use packing after the surgery. I only had pain for about 4 days. It's only been 3 weeks since the surgery but I haven't felt this good in a long time. I am truly grateful.
in Newark, OH |
Dr. Fleming was very professional and flexible. His staff was very helpful and accommodating my needs when scheduling my son's surgery. He did a wonderful job and handled every situation above and beyond my expectations! Thank you for a wonderful and positive experience!
Have you seen Dr. Alfred J. Fleming Jr., MD?
Are you Dr. Fleming Jr.?

Compare Dr. Fleming Jr.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.