Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Alfred DeSimone, MD
Dr. Alfred DeSimone, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Weston, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. DeSimone is affiliated with Westside Regional Medical Center and Memorial Hospital Miramar.

1600 Town Center Cir Ste C

Weston, FL 33326

Dr. Alfred DeSimone, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • American Heritage
  • CorVel
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Freedom Health

Learn about Dr. DeSimone

Dr. DeSimone has a true passion for Sports Medicine abiding to the highest standards by remaining current in his professional training and certifications. He recognizes the importance of communicating with his patients to help them understand the treatment plan that will best serve their needs. Dr. DeSimone strives to provide the highest quality of medicine, always remembering that compassion and commitment are essential to providing exceptional care.

Dr. DeSimone's Experience

Dr. DeSimone's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Sports Injuries of the Knee
  • Stress Fracture
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Mini Knee Surgery
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery

• Boston University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University Of Colorado
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. DeSimone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. DeSimone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DeSimone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. DeSimone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. DeSimone to family and friends
Dr. DeSimone Says:

I appreciate your time in submitting a patient survey. I hope that you received great medical care and personalized attention. If your experience was not of the highest standards, please call my personal assistant Rene at 954.389.9178 and I will be happy to address your concerns in a timely and professional manner.

Dr. DeSimone's Performance
in Weston, FL |
After years of debilitating pain and confirmation from an MRI it was clear that I was going to need surgery on my knee. Dr. DeSimone was recommended to me by a friend. I am eternally grateful for that recommendation. Dr. DeSimone was informative and compassionate regarding my treatment. My surgery was a huge success! His staff was available to me 24/7. His PT group is also the best I've ever experienced. A+ All the way around the board!
in Miami, FL |
Dr DeSimone and his staff are absolutely amazing! Very friendly and extremely professional. For such a painful accident, they all made the experience as pleasurable as possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you and I would highly recommend him to anyone know has a knee injury! Great care - second to none!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I COULD NOT FIND DR. Robert Sheinberg WHO SHARES THIS OFFICE WITH DR. DESIMONE. DR. SHEINBERG PERFOMED SURGERY TO REMOVE HEEL SPURS FROM MY RIGHT HEEL. THE PROCEDURE WENT WELL AND I AM NOW IN MY 10TH WEEK OF RECOVERY & REHAB. IT IS A LENGTHY RECOVERY BUT I AM ASSURED THAT WHEN THE HEALING IS COMPLETE I WILLEAGERLY SCHEDULE THE SAME PROCEDURE FOR MY LEFT FOOT WITH ANTICIPATION OF PAINFREE WALKING. DR. SHE4INBERG & HIS STAFF ARE AWESOME!!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Had ACL Reconstruction and have made a full recovery! What was impressive with Dr. DeSimone was his knowledge, experience and the precision in which he executed my surgery. He had come highly recommended from some ex professional athletes that I know. I believe he has done over 2000 of these procedures and because of that, he is very meticulous and precise. Dr. De is conservative with his rehab to insure proper healing. I now look forward to many years of active living!
in Pembroke Pines |
I have now had the good fortune (?) of having had 3 surgeries with Dr. D, two knees and a shoulder. He did an amazing job on the surgery, and his physical therapy group was able to get me back into good shape fairly quickly. Shoulders take a long time to heal, but at 4 months out I have most of my range of motion and am starting light weights. His team, both in the office and in the Physical Therapy office, are professional, empathetic, and well trained. Dr. D is the best you can get.
Prague, PR |
Very Disappointed. After reading all the great reviews and seeing Dr. D.'s resume, I decided to let Dr. D. do surgery on my knee. I had a meniscus tear. Dr. D. advised after surgery he tried a repair and not a cleanout/cut out. My recovery was long and very painful. I was on crutches 2 months and still have pain 7 month later. I am far worse after surgery than I was before. A second opinion from a top orthopedic confirmed that a repair surgery at my age (over 40) was unwarranted/high risk.
Dr. DeSimone performed my son's shoulder surgery & was excellent from beginning to end. The staff is also as professional as he is. It was a very stressful time for our family, but he did everything possible to ease our fears & make us feel as comfortable as possible. Awesome doctor!
in Hollywood, FL |
Absolute best in every way. Dr. D has treated and performed surgery on both me and my sons. I am not sure what is more noteworthy, his professional skill and technique or his authentic concern for his patients well being. South Florida is fortunate he has chosen to ply his trade among us.
in Doral, FL |
I had a knee surgery 2 years ago, after an accident playing tennis . Dr.DeSimone did an oustanding job, and not only during my surgery . He took care for my recovery , he was always available for any question, he was in continous contact with the people in charge of my therapy . Now I am playing tennis again , my recovery is about 100% and I am taking care of all the good advises he gave me in the past . I am very thankfull , he is the best , no doubt .
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I couldn't thank Dr. DeSimone enough. You know doctors don't like to repair another's mistakes, but he did anyway. I still have a few more months of healing and with therapy, I am expected to be back to 100%. His staff is friendly and curtious, and you're in and out quickly, and the office is very clean. Thank you Dr. DeSimone
in Hollywood, FL |
I cannot thank Dr.DeSimone enough!! He and the entire staff at the South Florida Institute of Sports Medicine are amazing!! Dr. DeSimone performed surgery on my knee (miniscus tear) in July 2016. I am thrilled with the results so far and am assured that my progress will continue. For those of us who are active for a living (I'm a dancer teacher & Dance Studio owner), having physical limitations is devastating. I highly recommend Dr. DeSimone for all athletes and dancers.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I am a mail carrier I had a problem with my knee and that is my livelihood walking every day he told me that i had torn Manaska's. And I was very scared to do the surgry. I went to three other doctors before Dr. D but he was the best he knew I was nervous and he explained everything. I'm so glad I picked him because he was great. Thank you Dr. D
in 877 North Hwy A-1a, #506, Indiatlantic, FL |
After researching a number of orthopedic surgeons I was very fortunate to find Dr. DeSimone. He is one of the nicest doctors in the area. He is kind, courteous and an exceptional surgeon. He also has a great team. His assistants Ercic and Paul are friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. After meeting with him and his staff I felt very comfortable with my decision. He performed surgery for a torn rotator cuff and related issues in my left shoulder. The results were fine. A 5 start experience.
in Weston Fl |
This is my second surgery with Dr. Desimone Knee & shoulder & he is the best around....
in Miami, Fl |
Great doctor, great surgery. Dr. D was very patient and thorough. He explained the surgery and recovery expectations. He answered all our questions. We felt comfortable. We weren't rushed or ignored. Wonderful experience. I had ACL surgery and Miniscus repair. Very little scarring.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Exceptional surgeon, with extensive experience, can't recommend him highly enough! I came to Dr. DeSimone with a torn ACL in my right knee from playing sports. Doc gave me all the time in the world to ask questions and helped me make the best decision possible on which type of ACL surgery to go with. For surgery, I knew I was in great hands--he's done over 1800 ACL reconstructions alone! Healed great; if my kids were to need any type of soft tissue reconstruction, I would go to Doc D first.
in Plantation, FL |
I am so happy to have found Dr. DeSimone! Dr. DeSimone was a new kind of doctor for me. He explained my options in detail, and with a real-world pragmatic approach that was refreshing. Although his office is very busy and fast-paced, he has patience and a presence that is actually quite calming, and he spent time with me during each visit. I am 90% better , 6 months after and continuing to improve. I would recommend this experience to anyone. Thank you Dr. DeSimone , and team. Truly.
in Davie, Fl |
Dr. DeSimone was God sent when my son injured his labrum muscle in his shoulder. As a high school football player headed to college it was important that we had an expert in the field. Dr. DeSimone was that person for us. He provided top notch care and rehabilitation of the shoulder and now my son is off to play in college. We cannot thank you enough Dr. D!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr DeSimone is an excellent surgeon and his staff are a pleasure as well. Dr. D has been my surgeon on two different occasions and it's obvious he really cares about his patients. He was emotionally supportive through a difficult time and went above and beyond to ensure I got the care and medication I needed.
in Weston, FL |
We have known Doctor DeSimone since 2014, it all started when my young Son started to develop pain in his left knee, Doctor placed my Son into a program to try to alleviate his pain without any type of operation, finally, when all other avenues were exhausted he then proceeded with the only solution, the operation.While this process was new to us, Doctor D and his team were always very helpful and everything was explained in detail without any doubts. Doctor D and Team, thank you.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. DeSimone is the best!!! Very professional, yet personal and compassionate. Not only is he a great surgeon but he's an amazing human being. He genuinely cares and you feel it when he speaks with you. I had shoulder surgery and it's better than ever now. I highly recommend him. If you're considering surgery, call Dr. DeSimone NOW!! Don't even think about.
in Weston, FL |
After visiting 2 other doctors, Dr. DeSimone was able to help me with my shoulder injury. The operation was a success and I am now pain free. He called me several times after the operation to check how I was feeling and was always thourough in his follow up visits and pushed me for a quicker recovery. I would recommend Dr DeSimone and staff without hesitation!
Weston, FL |
I have had 2 surgical procedures with dr. DeSimone. he is highly skilled in his specific procedures. he is attentive, tells you exactly what is wrong, and I have complete confidence in his diagnosis.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. DeSimone is awesome. I got injured and tore my ACL and I also needed Microfracture procedure a well. I went in for Surgery in April of 2015. I have resumed all normal activity. I cannot thank Dr. D enough. I was incredibly nervous to have surgery and thanks to his incredible beside manor I was able to get through the surgery. He always makes me feel comfortable when I go in for a visit. I never leave with an empty feeling. His billing department is also amazing.
in Sunrise, Florida |
We came to see Dr Desimone for our son who plays at Pipers High school. Being concerned parents for our athletic son, Dr Desimone eased our minds his bed side matter was wonderful and our son after some physical therapy is back on the field. Thank you Dr Desimone!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Desimone is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. He helped me for my knee, my sister n law for both knees, and now my husband for a shoulder surgery. I have and will continue to recommend him to all my friends and family. He is a very talented and experienced doctor and also has amazing people skills. You will love him and his staff! Thank you, Dr. Desimone & his amazing staff for taking such good care of our family!
He is a great doctor but cares mainly on his financial gains. I over heard him talking to his staff. Rita in the front office is not very professional and aggressive with the patients. His billing office is a mess. I was due a refund and between his administrator Trudy and Manager Rose they were not very helpful. Rose beats around the bush with issues and Trudy is extremely rude. I like him but having to deal with everything else was stressful.
in Weston, FL |
Excellent. Since the first appointment to diagnose what was the triggering the pain on my shoulder, to the follow up post surgery visits after several months, Dr. Simone & his staff have been on top of things, making me feel safe and well taken care of. Friendly, yet extremely professional and rigorous, Dr D. and his team really delivered. 6 months after my right rotator cuff & bicep surgery, I am on track to a full recovery. Kudos to the Physical Therapy team as well!!!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I can put it very simply...I only went through with my knee surgery because of Dr. Desimone. I had gone as far as MRI with others, tried holistic approach Dr that didn't work...and on a recommendation from a close friend, I decided to meet with Dr Desimone and his staff. Within 2 minutes of meeting him, feeling his warmth, not trying to just rush me to a production line to be cut...his genuine smile and caring tone...looking me in my eyes when he spoke...those characteristic sealed the deal.
Have you seen Dr. Alfred DeSimone, MD?
Are you Dr. DeSimone?

Visit Dr. DeSimone

Dr. DeSimone accepts 36 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • American Heritage
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Freedom Health
    Freedom Network
  • Golden Rule
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Health Net
  • HealthPlus
  • inHealth
    IN Total Health
  • Midwest Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
  • Oxford Health Plans