Dr. Alfred Bonati, MD

Dr. Alfred Bonati, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 74 years old

14 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

The Bonati Procedures provide comprehensive and individualized care to problems from spine conditions. The key to successful treatment by The Bonati Procedures is rigorous and detailed analysis of MRI or CT Scan and patient medical history. The surgical protocol is designed to be as gentle and least traumatic as is humanly possible, while employing the latest proprietary technologies.Read more

Dr. Bonati's Experience

See how Dr. Bonati's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bonati

Dr. Bonati accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Bonati's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bonati to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Bonati Says:

Over 94% of our patients report that they are still pain free after six months. Our surgeons and staff consistently receive the highest satisfaction  scores and comments from our patients.

Dr. Bonati's Performance
in Safety Harbor, FL |
Dr. Bonati did a thorough review of my MRI, pointing out the multiple stenosis sites, disc impingements, fracture, and bone fragments. Over the course of two months, I've had three sites corrected (L3/L4, L4/L5. and L5/S1) and bone fragments removed. A dura complication due to abnormal thinning was completely repaired. Without exception, every surgeon, doctor, nurse, and every other staff member did everything possible to ensure my treatments and outcome were exceptionally good. And it was!
in South Lake Tahoe, CA |
I had 2 surgeries 1st on my C4 -C5 then C5-C6. Before the surgery I had mild neck pain on my right side and once in a while server pain when I would over due things like mountain biking skiing ext. After the surgery I can no longer do these activities I am 100% worst off I went back to see Dr. Bonati 10 months after. I waited 6 hours to see him I wanted to get an epidural to ease my pain. He refused to help me he said I needed another surgery and that was the only thing he would do. I refused
in Constable, NY |
The first of my several surgeries took a turn for the worse, The doctor was inserting a needle into my neck. The needle slipped in my spine. The needle slipped hitting my spinal cord. I was given two different stories by two different employees that Institute regarding how often these instances happen there.
Have you seen Dr. Alfred Bonati, MD?
Are you Dr. Bonati?

Dr. Bonati's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bonati says...

The Bonati Institute is where minimally invasive spine surgery began. We are founded on three principles: innovation, experience and compassionate personal care. Our procedures are patented and the Bonati Institute was the first medical facility  to gain FDA approval of the use of a laser in spine surgery. We have performed more that 45,000 procedures with a success rate of over 94%. Each patient is treated as a respected individual worthy of individualized and world class care to insure a lifetime of spine health.

Dr. Bonati says...

The Bonati Procedures are performed exclusively at the Bonati Institute in Hudson, Florida by board-certified surgeons personally trained by Dr. Bonati. Our patented procedures are performed on an out patient basis with no expensive hospital stay required. These procedures produced less disruption to the muscles, less scarring, less blood loss and a much faster recovery. Our patients literally walk out of the operating room pain free.

Dr. Bonati says...

Dr. Bonati's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Board actions found

Board Action

Dr. Bonati has 1 board action

• Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (4/22/2015)
    • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Florida

University Of Alabama Hospital

Completed in 1974

Washington Hospital Center

Completed in 1975

Dr. Bonati does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bonati and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Arthroscopic Microdiscectomy
  • Chronic Pain Management
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Microsurgical Procedure