Dr. Alexis Jimenez, MD

Pain MedicineMaleAge 44

Dr. Jimenez

Florida Coast Pain and Spine Center

2386 Dunn Ave Ste 111 Jacksonville, FL 32218

Dr. Alexis Jimenez, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Hospital and Ascension St. Vincent's Southside Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jimenez to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Alexis Jimenez, MD with other Pain Medicine Specialists near you

Dr. Jimenez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jimenez

3.7

Dr. Jimenez
So far so good. I was referred to Dr. Jimenez by my neurologist. I’m getting ready to have a Boston Scientific Spinal Cord Stimulator surgically inserted into my back. I’ll wear it for a 5 day trial period to see if it works for my severe back and leg pain. If it does alleviate my pain, my neurologist will put a permanent SCS in my back. I’lI comment later and let you know how that goes. As far as the Dr, his staff and the office. Extremely clean office, super easy to make an appointment, nice and intelligent staff and Dr. Jiimenez explained everything about my procedure, even gave me a video and paperwork on the surgery. If it works, I’ll be over the moon happy to finally be out of pain after suffering for so many years. The main nurse at the Dunn Avenue location is amazing, although I don’t remember her name, she was very nice and made me feel comfortable and confident with my decision to have this procedure.
Sally Leigh – Jul 23, 2021
Compassionate and caring pain management doctor. I have Dr Jimenez as my pain management doctor for 6 years now. Not a pill mill clinic. He offers other treatment options if you don't want to be taking controlled pain medications. Friendly staff. They try their best to accommodate you with scheduling and tries to reply to your message on time.
May 19, 2021
I had been seeing Dr Jimenez for interventional pain management for 3 years now. Dr Jimenez is a physician who listens to what you have to say during your visit. I had injections performed by him with or without sedation with excellent results. His office staff are friendly and makes you feel like part of a family. I don't get controlled medications from him as my pain is being managed with just injections/procedures. I will gladly recommend Dr Jimenez to my friends and family. This office is not those "pill mill" pain management practice. I know I am in good hands when I come to this clinic.
May 19, 2021
Dr Jimenez is the BEST DOCTOR EVER! He listens to you and treats you like a person not like a medical condition. I am so thankful for care he has given me. Wait times are minimal, the office is clean and the staff is outstanding.
May 19, 2021
Dr Jimenez is an amazing doctor! He spends a lot of time in the room with me and listens to all my pain issues. I have started receiving injections for my back pain and now I'm back on the golf course! My swing is better than EVER! Thank you Dr Jimenez! If you want a doctor that is kind, caring and helps you then he's the doctor to see!
Betty – May 19, 2021
I have been with Dr Jimenez when he was at his past location. I followed him to his current office which is over an hour from where I live. He is the very best. Makes your procedures as painless as possible and they do work!!!.
May 19, 2021
I with there was 0% satisfaction rate available for rating patient experience. Please do not even think to become his patient, because he is going to throw you away for no reason, once you become a patient who needs the prescriptions only. I am currently setting up a legal criminal case against him and his clinic with my attorney for HIPAA privacy rights and medical confidentiality. He falsificated my urine drug tests results for 3 consecutive months. And I did swear that those results were not mine, but he refused to repeat the tests. Then I told them why it says negative result on one of the narcotic medicine that I was taking for over 1 months .... and then one of clinic manager Miss Branch said something so stupid: " because it depends on your metabolism. " Well... if I took this medicine.for almost 2 months , how comes that the results are not showing this drug? Besides, I asked to provide me with my medical records and those records were mixed up with another patient. HOW I
Renata Granger – Apr 19, 2021
Very rushed. Poorly run office. An absolute factory.
Apr 17, 2021
Dr. Jimenez is a wonderful doctor. I’ve been seeing him for about 2 years now for neck pain. When I think of pain management the first thing that comes to mind is pills and that is not what I wanted. Thank goodness I found Dr. Jimenez and his staff they are not about just handing out pills and sending you in your way! I’ve gotten several neck injections which has improved my way of life! He is a kind and understanding doctor that I would recommend to anyone with pain!
Pat – Jul 04, 2020
terrible
  • Staff wasn't friendly
May 01, 2020
unhappy, did not help.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
May 01, 2020
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Jimenez for 4 years now. I present with numerous pain issues in my back, knees and a severe dermatological issue. I’ve had trigger point injections, radio frequency ablations and medication to help alleviate my pain which will be a life long journey. Going to a friendly Dr. and awesome staff makes dealing with this so much more enjoyable. His PA Alex is awesome and his friendliness and willingness to listen is awesome as well. The nursing staff headed by Nicole rocks and is always available for phone calls that they return promptly. Can’t say enough about the girls up front - Lillibeth and Christine. Give Dr Jimenez a chance and I think you will go back again.
Kimis57 – Feb 01, 2020
Thought it was fine being given a back brace and being told it was covered by my AARP Medicare insurance only to get a bill from his office a month and a half after for $200 for same. Also have no diagnosis from Dr. Jimenez after X-rays and two MRIs. In fact I had to request the second (lumbar) MRI referral despite the fact that Dr. Jimenez only seemed interested in my lower back. And actually it turned out that my lumbar spine was worse than my cervical spine, where I was having the majority of pain when initially referred to him. I still have the searing pain in my neck and arms and it hasn’t even been addressed to the PT in his office. He gave me what turns out to be a 10 day RX for gabapentin for nerve pain, but apparently I can’t get refills without seeing him. But again... no diagnosis...So why am I getting PT, a back brace, and even medication? Starting to think of looking elsewhere.
Oct 13, 2019
Dr. Jimenez and his team are the best ever!! I had severe back pain. It was so bad that I hated getting up in the morning. I went to him because I wanted relief with out drugs. And that I was going to Europe next week and couldn’t walk. He was so kind and empathetic that he had his wonderful team arrange for a needed injection is my hip. I was able to get it in a day. I already feel so much better. Thanks to everyone over there!!
Leonora St. Laurent in Jacksonville , FL – Sep 12, 2019
Great! Considerate, professional, and NOT a pill pusher in any kind of way! I walked out of his office with a back brace (which no doctor had ever even suggested in over 3 years of previous pill treatments and which IMMEDIATELY made me feel incredibly better), appointments for x-rays, physical therapy, and followup one week later, and orders for MRIs. I look forward to healing with him.
Sep 02, 2019
poor he administered 3 rather painful injection into my neck. my pain level actually increased in the days subsequent. when queried about this as well as being alerted that my current pain medications were running out I received no answer whatsoever additionally he prescribed a medication with known side effects from the medication currently on. I then sought help elsewhere
mike moore – Aug 18, 2019
I have been seeing Dr Jimenez for chronic back pain for 4 years. He is very knowledgeable about pain management and very empathetic and caring. Dr Jimenez will spend as long as needed to have all of your questions answered. I have found getting the right doctor for your problem em is half of finding a solution to your problem. My solution is Dr. Jimenez.
Chris in FL – Jul 29, 2019
He knew where my pain was and gave me shots to help me with different areas of my body! Listenes and is Compassionate!
May 25, 2019
The most caring and outstanding pain management doctor I have ever met. Extremely willing to listen to all his patients have to say.
Mar 18, 2019
Dr. Jimenez is a caring and very competent doctor. His staff is excellent and very willing to help with any problem. His specialty is pain management and he is always trying to solve the issues with the best possible solution.
Mar 18, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Jimenez?

Dr. Jimenez is a Mayo Clinic trained, double board certified anesthesiologist and interventional pain physician. He completed his anesthesia residency...Read more

• Pain Medicine