Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD

Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD

Pulmonary DiseaseMaleAge 47

Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD is a Pulmonologist in Tampa, FL. Dr. Furman has extensive experience in Obstructive Lung Disease, Pulmonary Vascular Conditions, and Sleep Apnea. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital and Adventhealth Tampa. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

LyraCore Health Alliance

LyraCore Health Alliance17 Davis Blvd Ste 453 Tampa, FL 33606

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Furman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Furman

3.8

Dr. Furman

I have seen a lot of doctors in my life but this one takes the cake for carelessness and indifference to his patients. I was referred to him by my PCP because there was a mass found in my lung. He made me do a heart CT scan, pulmonary effusion and a sleep test. When I came into the office for a follow up, of course my main concern was the mass in my lung and how to treat it. His main concern was to sell me a CPAP machine because I tested positive for sleep apnea. I was stunned when he asked me what machine would I prefer. Not a word from him about the mass in my lung. I told him I'm not gonna need that machine if I have cancer. I left the office and they never called me back whatsoever. For your health sake please don't ever use this doctor.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD?
TGH referred this Dr to us while my husband was a patient. He did a biopsy with negative results but continued to insist that my husband had cancer. After my husband died I got the medical records and found that this doctor had lied on my husband's chart saying I was going to have more tests done at the Veterans Hospital. My husband was so sick from lack of care that there was no way he could be moved or discharged. I have since learned that my husband had pulmonary fibrosis caused most likely by Agent Orange exposure while serving in Vietnam. I feel that this doctor rushes to judgement and I would never seek his opinion.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 05, 2021
EXCELENT
M.L.F in FL – Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD?
I had Dr.Furman he has excellent bedside manners. I told him I wish he could me my doctor for everything. He is so kind, patient and he genuinely cares about his patients. He does not dismiss you when you express your concerns. He does not rush in and out he actually takes time with his patients. Great Doctor and I would highly recommend him. Oh and he also had diagnosed my thyroid disease when no one else had the common sense to do so. He sent me to have the test done which a hospital failed to
  • Long wait times
S F in Brandon, FL – Dec 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD?
We miss Dr Furman?? He is a great Doctor and person! He also has a great bedside manner. He takes the time to listen to you, and will explain things in a manner for you to understand.
Brandon, FL – Aug 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Furman?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Furman

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Furman treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Furman treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 853-0500.

Obstructive Lung Disease

Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other Obstructive Lung Disease specialists.

Dr. Furman is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Emphysema
Asthma
Bronchiectasis

Pulmonary Vascular Conditions

Pulmonary vascular specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the flow of blood between the heart and lungs, including pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary embolism.Compare with other Pulmonary Vascular Conditions specialists.

Dr. Furman is experienced in the area of Pulmonary Vascular Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

Pulmonary Embolism
Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Furman is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

• Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Lower Respiratory Infection
  • Airway Stenting
  • Alkalosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asthma
  • Bronchial Thermoplasty
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Swine Flu
  • Thoracentesis
  • Wheezing

Dr. Furman accepts

Dr. Furman accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Select HMO
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx

I'm a firm believer in the application of the latest scientific evidence in the context of honest and compassionate care, and frank communication with both the patient and their family.

Launching Lyracore has given me the opportunity to practice medicine the way I believe it should be practiced: with compassionate communication and leading-edge...Read more

• Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Diseases

2007
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital

• Hebrew
  • Russian

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD?

Call (813) 588-8346 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.

Does Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Furman has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Furman's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Furman accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Furman frequently treats Obstructive Lung Disease, Pulmonary Vascular Conditions, and Sleep Apnea. See all practice areas where Dr. Furman specializes.

Where is Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD's office located?

Dr. Furman's office is located at 17 Davis Blvd Ste 453, Tampa, FL 33606. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Alexandre Furman, MD speak?

Dr. Furman speaks Russian, Spanish, and Hebrew. View profile to see all.

Dr. Furman is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital

Tampa, FL

67% Patients that would definitely recommend, 3% lower than the national average

2 Awards Received

Adventhealth Tampa

AdventHealth Wesley Chapel

Wesley Chapel, FL

83% Patients that would definitely recommend, 13% higher than the national average

13 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2022)

HCA Florida Brandon Hospital

Brandon, FL

61% Patients that would definitely recommend, 9% lower than the national average

11 Awards Received

HCA Florida West Tampa Hospital, A part of HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital

1 Award Received

Tampa General Hospital

Tampa, FL

81% Patients that would definitely recommend, 11% higher than the national average

6 Awards Received