Dr. Alexander Weber, MD

Sports Medicine •  Male • Age 37

Dr. Weber

USC Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

1520 San Pablo St Ste 2000 Los Angeles, CA 90033

Dr. Alexander Weber, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Keck Hospital of USC and LAC + USC Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Weber to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Doctors in your area

See similar Sports Medicine Doctors in Los Angeles

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Weber accepts

Dr. Weber accepts the following insurance:

Ameritas
HealthLink
Medicaid
Principal Financial Group
Sagamore Health Network

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Weber treats your condition or procedure

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Alexander Weber, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Weber's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Weber

Dr. Weber?
What People Say About Dr. Alexander Weber, MD
Dr. Weber was recommended to me by my physiotherapist for revision reconstruction of my ACL. Given this was the second surgery on the same knee, I was nervous. Knowing this, Dr. Weber took the time to call me to talk about the procedure and potential complications before I even saw him for a visit. As soon as we finished that call I knew I had found the right surgeon. Dr. Weber listens intently to any concerns you have and always provides clear answers to put you at ease, not to mention making himself available outside of appointments to contact if you need to. When the day of the surgery came, Dr. Weber and his team were phenomenal, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The care I received leading up to and after surgery has been world class. The surgery went exactly to plan and 12 months post-op my knee feels stronger than ever. If you are overwhelmed by the number of surgeons out there and are considering Dr. Weber, look no further and just make an appointment to see him!
William Wright – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. Weber by a friend for a shoulder injury and I couldn't have asked for a better orthopedic surgeon. After a few appointments and discussing the options, we decided that repairing the labrum surgically was the best option. Throughout the process Dr. Weber made himself entirely available for questions and put all of my (and maybe more importantly, my family's) worries to rest. By the time I was being admitted for surgery, I had 100% confidence in both his plan and that he was the right person for the job. A quick 7 months later, I am now 100% healed without any sort of hitch or drawback. Besides being an amazing surgeon, Dr. Weber is simply a great guy; he's incredibly smart, personable, and exactly the kind of doctor you want by your side. I couldn't be more thankful for all that he's done for me and would recommend him for any sports injury without a second thought.
Jordan Ochs – Apr 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Weber for an ongoing knee problem and the moment I talked to him and told him what was going on, he was the only doctor in 10 years to give me an answer and solution. He is extremely professional and very friendly plus his office was great to work with, they always answered any questions I had over the phone and in person.. I ended up having right knee MPFL surgery on May 21, 2019 and my life and overall happiness and been better than ever! I'm so appreciative of him for helping me when others wouldn't even hear me out. I'll always be grateful for what he has done for me and I won't let him down; I'll work hard to get back to normal again soon. Overall, I highly recommend Dr. Weber if you have any knee problems because he is the best solution in my eyes.
Samantha Pauline Almaraz – Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Doctors dismissed me for many years-told me there is nothing they can do, giving no referral, all while my hip pain got so much worse. I searched online for orthopaedic surgeons. Most just list education, certifications & accolades. What stood out about Dr. Weber is that he said in his video that he listens to the patient and their needs. This is absolutely true. I finally got a correct diagnosis from Dr. Weber! He makes everything clear & understandable. He won’t leave until you’re sure you have no more questions. He also makes himself available for questions anytime. He reattached(!) my tendon arthroscopically. It all went very smoothly. I had follow up appointments until he was sure I was strong & ready to continue my recovery/physical therapy on my own. It’s been a long haul but I’m thrilled to be active again, walking my hilly neighborhood, getting stronger all the time. The Keck facility is great, as are the doctors, nurses & staff. We're recommending Dr. Weber to friends!
Mary Tierney – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I just had my last appointment with Dr. Weber. Six months after after a rotator cuff repair I am pain free and with full shoulder motion. My experience with Dr. Weber and his office staff has been nothing but exceptional. The care has been professional and excellent all around. The surgery was perfect and my recovery has been flawless. Despite what I was told by friends about rotator cuff surgery, this just wasn't the case at all! Where can I click for ten stars! I send everyone to Dr. Weber.
Deb – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber was recommended to me by another surgeon. I had pain in my left shoulder and I went to see him. I’m so glad I did. He is a true professional and correctly diagnosed what was needed. He performed surgery and prescribed physical therapy. I’ve not felt any pain since and have almost all mobility back. I recommend him highly. He is also a genuinely nice man who really cares about his patients.
Pete V. in Santa Clarita, CA – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Not only is Dr. Weber a fantastic surgeon, he is the most competent doctor that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. He has a wonderful bedside manner and he actually takes time to get to know his patients. (He really cares!) I am extremely lucky to have been referred to him after my car accident. Dr. Weber performed hip and shoulder surgery on myself and I couldn't be happier with both procedures. He is also extremely accessible. I don't live in LA so being able to contact him anytime I had a question or concern really put my mind at ease. Even though Dr. Weber specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine, I would trust his opinion with any medical condition I was having! I couldn't recommend him highly enough.
Brenden – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Weber in November 2019 for reoccurring knee pain. An MRI was done and revealed a torn meniscus in the left knee and arthritis from prior surgeries. Surgery was scheduled and PRP was also going to be injected. Dr. Weber was wonderful; his whole team was. I had full range of motion 48 hours after surgery. Dr. Weber is very nice and patient and explains what he will be doing. This was the first time in years that I felt I mattered as a patient. When I first met him I knew immediately I was going to like him and I was in good hands. If I need any other type of surgery again I'll be sure to go back to Dr. Weber
Lynne A – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber is a miracle worker. After a bad read on my MRI and desperate for answers I saw Dr. Weber as a recommendation from a friend who is also his patient. I had knee arthroscopy with Dr. Weber in January 21st and I have never felt better. Minimal and manageable recover- I never even took any pain medication post the recovery room. As someone very active, he completely understood that I wanted the quickest path to recovery and after years of having all sorts of issues with a junky knee, my problems are now resolved. Great listener, super attentive and doesn’t ever present only a 1 fit solution.
Jasmin – Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I met Dr. Weber through a list of approved surgeons from my insurance provider. I had a torn ACL for the second time and I had visited two other surgeons before making my choice. Because of my previous ACL injury, I knew what I was looking for in a surgeon and Dr. Weber really checked all my boxes. He made me feel comfortable by informing me with all my options and discussing what my goals are post surgery. Using all this information we chose the best route for me and scheduled surgery. Surgery went better then expected and I had access to Dr. Weber when I got home in case I had any questions or issues. All out post-op visits showed I was healing very quickly and now I am at the point where I can slowly go back to my sport. I highly recommend Dr. Weber as a knowledgable doctor and surgeon with amazing bed side manner.
Zareh M. – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber is a gifted surgeon who exceeded my (high) expectations! Upon tearing my ACL and injuring my MCL skiing, I searched for multiple Dr's hoping to make the best decision to support my active lifestyle. I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Weber. He came highly recommended by a friend and by former patients (via reviews). He is the perfect balance of sharp mind, gifted in his trade and personable, putting the interests of his patients first. From my first visit, he explained exactly what was wrong and the different options I had. While other Drs recommended I heal with physical therapy, Dr. Weber was confident that I would heal 100% with ACL reconstruction. I was terrified but felt at ease with him. I am so happy I followed my gut. I am back to all of my physical activities and at times, forget that I went through ACL reconstruction. He was on the journey with me post-surgery, checking in via texts, emails. I am so grateful for Dr. Weber! What a talent!
fpdelrio – Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I injured my rotator cuff in Feb 2018. After my injury, I had carried that unbearable pain for months. Based on my MRI CD and report, Dr. Weber was able to decide that I need surgery. I was hesitated and scared. Dr. Weber was very patient explained to me my shoulder pain problem. At that time, I couldn’t change my cloth; I couldn't do anything with my arm with the injured shoulder. He explained to me how he could fix my rotator cuff. The outpatient surgery was done in July 2018. After the surgery, Dr Weber gave me recommendation of PT (Physical Therapy.) Dr. Weber has been checking my recovery very closely. Dr. Weber had been very supportive during my recovery period. July 2019, one year since my surgery. Dr. Weber was right my shoulder is back to normal. Yes. I can go back to swimming and do normal activities. I can say thank you again and again to Dr. Weber. Thank you for giving me back my normal life. I can and I will highly recommend Dr. Weber to my friends or anyone.
Elizabeth C. – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
If you have a child with a knee injury, stop what you are doing and get in touch with Dr. Weber. He is the absolute BEST in LA. There are a multitude of reasons! 1. He does surgeries on all athletes - adults, adolescents, and kids (he works at USC and CHLA). 2. His bedside manner is unmatched - he made our daughter feel comfortable immediately. 3. He is available literally 24/7...every patient gets his email and cell and he actually answers both almost immediately. My only regret is that we wasted time with other opinions before going to see Dr. Weber. Can't thank him and his office staff enough!
Sandy in South Bay, CA – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber is the best of the best! I cannot recommend going to him enough! He is an extremely talented surgeon with an attention to detail and a level of caring that is unparalleled. I had arthroscopic hip surgery with him (my second one, the first being with a different surgeon) and my results have been incredible. After my last surgery, I thought I was in for months of torture, misery, and unknowns, but that was not the case at all. Dr. Weber. He talked me through the entire procedure, and after my surgery showed me step-by-step pictures of my surgery and exactly what he did. He was available to me 24/7 via text or call for complications or questions, and really spends quality time with his patients ensuring they are comfortable and properly informed. DR. WEBER IS THE BEST!
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Met with Dr. Weber after local doctors kept delaying surgery. He took his time with me and I felt very comfortable. Returned to local doctors and now demanding insurance reassign my case back to Dr. Weber. Could not ask for a better doctor!!!!!
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr Weber is the BEST!!! He did a distal femoral osteotomy about 4 months ago ,and after having 2 unsuccessful knee surgeries of knee locking out he took different xrays /Mri that showed the problem. I was back to the gym 3 months later. He pushed me in a great way. He answered every email and question and if I can give 10 stars I would!-Heather D
Heather D in Riverside, CA – Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I was referred to USC after the surgeons in my area told me I needed a "university setting" for my complicated glendoid fracture. Dr. Weber did the surgery 3 days after I first saw him and was able to do it arthroscopic even though other surgeon said it wouldn't be possible. I absolutely love Dr. Weber! I felt so comfortable with him, he explained everything, went over all test results with me in detail, and was never rushed. He gave me his cell number and would respond quickly. Awesome surgeon!
Cheryl in Grover Beach, CA – Jan 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I had a shoulder that kept dislocating. No other doctor could figure out what was wrong or were too hesitant to fix the problem. I met Dr. Weber and he was quick to identify the issues and fix the problem. I had surgery with Dr. Weber and everything went perfect and as planned. I am stoked with my result. My only request is that he opens an office closer to me and our family! :)
Sam in Manhattan Beach, CA – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Had an ACL reconstruction with Dr. Weber. Everything went PERFECT. Surgery was smooth sailing and rehab was as predicted. Now back to wake surfing without issue. Office staff is amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better experience all around. Dr. Weber is THE BEST IN LA!!!
MC in Los Angeles, CA – Oct 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I came to Dr. Weber for a second opinion after I was unhappy with the care I was receiving from my orthopedic surgeon. He quickly suggested a comprehensive approach to address my problem, including surgery, and answered all of my questions in a thoughtful manner. He has a wonderful bedside manner in addition to being a highly competent surgeon. I am now 3 months out from my hip surgery and thrilled with the results. I would highly recommend Dr. Weber.
Lauren in CA – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Weber?

Restoring form and function is always my primary objective, whether my patient is a competitive athlete or suffering from a nagging injury. I firmly believe that the key component to achieving this primary objective is listening to the patient. Each ...

• Sports Medicine

2010
University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

• Top Doctor by Pasadena Magazine, 2017
  • Rising Star by LA Times, 2017

More Information

• Does Dr. Weber communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Weber communicates via email

• Does Dr. Weber offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Weber offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Weber offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Weber offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Weber have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Weber has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Weber offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Weber offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Weber offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Weber offers evening visits