Dr. Alexander Weber, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 38

Dr. Weber

USC Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

1520 San Pablo St Ste 2000 Los Angeles, CA 90033

Dr. Alexander Weber, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Weber has more experience with Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Casa Colina Hospital and Keck Hospital of USC. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Weber to book an appointment.

Dr. Weber's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Weber

Dr. Weber?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (51)
  • Explained conditions well (51)
  • Listened & answered questions (51)
  • Long wait times (1)
I can’t say enough about how professional and caring Dr Weber is. I came to him in July 2020 for shoulder pain and weakness. Dr Weber advised me that I needed labrum and bicep tenodesis surgery. Dr Weber explained every step of the surgery and recovery to me and I was confident he was the surgeon for me. A month and half after surgery I was able to return to work. My shoulder and bicep feel better than ever. Thanks to Dr Weber I am confident my shoulder and bicep will never be a problem again. Thank you Dr Weber
Robert C. – Feb 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Alex Weber was referred to me by my sister Laura. We are both RN's. She works in the Operating Room. She works with a Surgical Orthopedic Team in Dallas, Texas. I live in Los Angeles, CA. Her surgical team support sports medicine needs of Dallas Professional Athletic teams, such as the Dallas Cowboys. From the start Dr. Weber was thorough, informative and compassionate. I was impressed with his entire team who supported me through my Labral tear repair and Femur reshaping surgery in June 2020. Dr. Weber informed me every step of the way. My surgery was a success! He fixed me. I am still in recovery, but will make a full recovery. He was available to me any time I had a question and was my coach throughout the recovery, which wasn't an easy one. His method pre-operatively and post-operatively was smooth and perfect! Thankful for you Dr. Weber! Couldn't have picked a better surgeon.
Highly Recommend Dr. Alex Weber for your Orthopedi – Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I am 66 years old and had a rotator cuff and bicep tendon repair and release of frozen shoulder by Dr Weber. I am 4 1/2 months post op and have full range of motion, no pain and full use of my shoulder and arm. Not only is he an excellent surgeon, he has a great bedside manner. He clearly explains all aspects of care and expectations. I am a nurse so I can be pretty tough on rating doctors :-) and I give Dr Weber a top rating all around. Highly recommend!
Bonnie Kass – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber is the best! He performed ulnar nerve transposition surgery on me to address tingling and numbness in my pinkie and ring fingers. Everything went perfectly. I got an appointment right away, was diagnosed immediately, and surgery was scheduled quickly. I felt zero pain after surgery and was back at work the next day with no productivity impact. The tingling and numbness was gone. Best experience I've ever had with the healthcare system.
Steve A. – Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber is easily the best doctor I’ve ever had. He has the most gentle bedside manner, is extremely knowledgeable, and comes up with a plan that you are comfortable with and understand. He is always available to answer questions and makes you feel like you are an active part of your care and recovery. I never felt like I was out of the loop in my care. I had arthroscopic hip surgery in February and I am now back to at 100% and back in the gym, something I never thought would be possible, especially this quickly. Dr. Weber goes above and beyond to make sure all concerns are addressed and makes sure you understand every step of the process toward healing. I would recommend him to anyone needing an exceptional orthopedic doctor and I would not hesitate to go back to him for any issues in the future. So incredibly grateful for Dr. Weber.
Andrea Delanty – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber was recommended to me by my physiotherapist for revision reconstruction of my ACL. Given this was the second surgery on the same knee, I was nervous. Knowing this, Dr. Weber took the time to call me to talk about the procedure and potential complications before I even saw him for a visit. As soon as we finished that call I knew I had found the right surgeon. Dr. Weber listens intently to any concerns you have and always provides clear answers to put you at ease, not to mention making himself available outside of appointments to contact if you need to. When the day of the surgery came, Dr. Weber and his team were phenomenal, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The care I received leading up to and after surgery has been world class. The surgery went exactly to plan and 12 months post-op my knee feels stronger than ever. If you are overwhelmed by the number of surgeons out there and are considering Dr. Weber, look no further and just make an appointment to see him!
William Wright – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. Weber by a friend for a shoulder injury and I couldn't have asked for a better orthopedic surgeon. After a few appointments and discussing the options, we decided that repairing the labrum surgically was the best option. Throughout the process Dr. Weber made himself entirely available for questions and put all of my (and maybe more importantly, my family's) worries to rest. By the time I was being admitted for surgery, I had 100% confidence in both his plan and that he was the right person for the job. A quick 7 months later, I am now 100% healed without any sort of hitch or drawback. Besides being an amazing surgeon, Dr. Weber is simply a great guy; he's incredibly smart, personable, and exactly the kind of doctor you want by your side. I couldn't be more thankful for all that he's done for me and would recommend him for any sports injury without a second thought.
Jordan Ochs – Apr 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Weber for an ongoing knee problem and the moment I talked to him and told him what was going on, he was the only doctor in 10 years to give me an answer and solution. He is extremely professional and very friendly plus his office was great to work with, they always answered any questions I had over the phone and in person.. I ended up having right knee MPFL surgery on May 21, 2019 and my life and overall happiness and been better than ever! I'm so appreciative of him for helping me when others wouldn't even hear me out. I'll always be grateful for what he has done for me and I won't let him down; I'll work hard to get back to normal again soon. Overall, I highly recommend Dr. Weber if you have any knee problems because he is the best solution in my eyes.
Samantha Pauline Almaraz – Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Doctors dismissed me for many years-told me there is nothing they can do, giving no referral, all while my hip pain got so much worse. I searched online for orthopaedic surgeons. Most just list education, certifications & accolades. What stood out about Dr. Weber is that he said in his video that he listens to the patient and their needs. This is absolutely true. I finally got a correct diagnosis from Dr. Weber! He makes everything clear & understandable. He won’t leave until you’re sure you have no more questions. He also makes himself available for questions anytime. He reattached(!) my tendon arthroscopically. It all went very smoothly. I had follow up appointments until he was sure I was strong & ready to continue my recovery/physical therapy on my own. It’s been a long haul but I’m thrilled to be active again, walking my hilly neighborhood, getting stronger all the time. The Keck facility is great, as are the doctors, nurses & staff. We're recommending Dr. Weber to friends!
Mary Tierney – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I just had my last appointment with Dr. Weber. Six months after after a rotator cuff repair I am pain free and with full shoulder motion. My experience with Dr. Weber and his office staff has been nothing but exceptional. The care has been professional and excellent all around. The surgery was perfect and my recovery has been flawless. Despite what I was told by friends about rotator cuff surgery, this just wasn't the case at all! Where can I click for ten stars! I send everyone to Dr. Weber.
Deb – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber was recommended to me by another surgeon. I had pain in my left shoulder and I went to see him. I’m so glad I did. He is a true professional and correctly diagnosed what was needed. He performed surgery and prescribed physical therapy. I’ve not felt any pain since and have almost all mobility back. I recommend him highly. He is also a genuinely nice man who really cares about his patients.
Pete V. in Santa Clarita, CA – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Not only is Dr. Weber a fantastic surgeon, he is the most competent doctor that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. He has a wonderful bedside manner and he actually takes time to get to know his patients. (He really cares!) I am extremely lucky to have been referred to him after my car accident. Dr. Weber performed hip and shoulder surgery on myself and I couldn't be happier with both procedures. He is also extremely accessible. I don't live in LA so being able to contact him anytime I had a question or concern really put my mind at ease. Even though Dr. Weber specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine, I would trust his opinion with any medical condition I was having! I couldn't recommend him highly enough.
Brenden – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Weber in November 2019 for reoccurring knee pain. An MRI was done and revealed a torn meniscus in the left knee and arthritis from prior surgeries. Surgery was scheduled and PRP was also going to be injected. Dr. Weber was wonderful; his whole team was. I had full range of motion 48 hours after surgery. Dr. Weber is very nice and patient and explains what he will be doing. This was the first time in years that I felt I mattered as a patient. When I first met him I knew immediately I was going to like him and I was in good hands. If I need any other type of surgery again I'll be sure to go back to Dr. Weber
Lynne A – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber is a miracle worker. After a bad read on my MRI and desperate for answers I saw Dr. Weber as a recommendation from a friend who is also his patient. I had knee arthroscopy with Dr. Weber in January 21st and I have never felt better. Minimal and manageable recover- I never even took any pain medication post the recovery room. As someone very active, he completely understood that I wanted the quickest path to recovery and after years of having all sorts of issues with a junky knee, my problems are now resolved. Great listener, super attentive and doesn’t ever present only a 1 fit solution.
Jasmin – Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I met Dr. Weber through a list of approved surgeons from my insurance provider. I had a torn ACL for the second time and I had visited two other surgeons before making my choice. Because of my previous ACL injury, I knew what I was looking for in a surgeon and Dr. Weber really checked all my boxes. He made me feel comfortable by informing me with all my options and discussing what my goals are post surgery. Using all this information we chose the best route for me and scheduled surgery. Surgery went better then expected and I had access to Dr. Weber when I got home in case I had any questions or issues. All out post-op visits showed I was healing very quickly and now I am at the point where I can slowly go back to my sport. I highly recommend Dr. Weber as a knowledgable doctor and surgeon with amazing bed side manner.
Zareh M. – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber is a gifted surgeon who exceeded my (high) expectations! Upon tearing my ACL and injuring my MCL skiing, I searched for multiple Dr's hoping to make the best decision to support my active lifestyle. I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Weber. He came highly recommended by a friend and by former patients (via reviews). He is the perfect balance of sharp mind, gifted in his trade and personable, putting the interests of his patients first. From my first visit, he explained exactly what was wrong and the different options I had. While other Drs recommended I heal with physical therapy, Dr. Weber was confident that I would heal 100% with ACL reconstruction. I was terrified but felt at ease with him. I am so happy I followed my gut. I am back to all of my physical activities and at times, forget that I went through ACL reconstruction. He was on the journey with me post-surgery, checking in via texts, emails. I am so grateful for Dr. Weber! What a talent!
fpdelrio – Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
I injured my rotator cuff in Feb 2018. After my injury, I had carried that unbearable pain for months. Based on my MRI CD and report, Dr. Weber was able to decide that I need surgery. I was hesitated and scared. Dr. Weber was very patient explained to me my shoulder pain problem. At that time, I couldn’t change my cloth; I couldn't do anything with my arm with the injured shoulder. He explained to me how he could fix my rotator cuff. The outpatient surgery was done in July 2018. After the surgery, Dr Weber gave me recommendation of PT (Physical Therapy.) Dr. Weber has been checking my recovery very closely. Dr. Weber had been very supportive during my recovery period. July 2019, one year since my surgery. Dr. Weber was right my shoulder is back to normal. Yes. I can go back to swimming and do normal activities. I can say thank you again and again to Dr. Weber. Thank you for giving me back my normal life. I can and I will highly recommend Dr. Weber to my friends or anyone.
Elizabeth C. – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
If you have a child with a knee injury, stop what you are doing and get in touch with Dr. Weber. He is the absolute BEST in LA. There are a multitude of reasons! 1. He does surgeries on all athletes - adults, adolescents, and kids (he works at USC and CHLA). 2. His bedside manner is unmatched - he made our daughter feel comfortable immediately. 3. He is available literally 24/7...every patient gets his email and cell and he actually answers both almost immediately. My only regret is that we wasted time with other opinions before going to see Dr. Weber. Can't thank him and his office staff enough!
Sandy in South Bay, CA – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Dr. Weber is the best of the best! I cannot recommend going to him enough! He is an extremely talented surgeon with an attention to detail and a level of caring that is unparalleled. I had arthroscopic hip surgery with him (my second one, the first being with a different surgeon) and my results have been incredible. After my last surgery, I thought I was in for months of torture, misery, and unknowns, but that was not the case at all. Dr. Weber. He talked me through the entire procedure, and after my surgery showed me step-by-step pictures of my surgery and exactly what he did. He was available to me 24/7 via text or call for complications or questions, and really spends quality time with his patients ensuring they are comfortable and properly informed. DR. WEBER IS THE BEST!
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?
Met with Dr. Weber after local doctors kept delaying surgery. He took his time with me and I felt very comfortable. Returned to local doctors and now demanding insurance reassign my case back to Dr. Weber. Could not ask for a better doctor!!!!!
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Weber, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Weber?

Restoring form and function is always my primary objective, whether my patient is a competitive athlete or suffering from a nagging injury. I firmly believe...Read more

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine