Dr. Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD

Dr. Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 55 years old

86 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

To improve a patient?s quality of life and functionality.Read more

Dr. Vaccaro's Experience

See how Dr. Vaccaro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vaccaro

Dr. Vaccaro accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Vaccaro has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vaccaro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vaccaro to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Vaccaro
Dr. Vaccaro's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (79)
philadelphia, pa |
Dr. Vaccaro gave me my life back. I had chronic neck and arm pain from herniated discs that kept me from being able to play with my children. He performed my cervical spine surgery 2 and a half years ago and I have been pain free since. I can now sleep in a bed again instead of a reclining chair and most importantly my kids have their mom back.
in mount laurel, nj |
I came to the Rothman Institute suffering from major numbness in my legs and feet. I also suffered from intense lower back pain. Dr. Vaccaro performed spine surgery on 11/21/16. The quality of my life has changed tremendously. I now walk every day (at least two miles) and experience no numbness or pain. It has been 11 weeks and I look forward to starting physical rehabilitation and I plan to be back in the gym by August!!
in Blackwood, NJ |
This is a great man wonderful doctor everything he told me he came true I would recommend him to anybody it was a wonderful experience and I could not be any happier with my spine surgery I am finally out of pain for the first time in 10 years
Hockessin, DE |
I have been extremely pleased with the care I received from Dr. Vaccaro. My cervical spine operation and recovery went just as he said it would. He even put the incision in a natural crease in my neck so the scar would not show. I recommend him to all my friends. I had the surgery at their Bensalem facility which was an excellent choice. His physician assistant Mila Furman has been great!
in Coatesville, PA |
Dr. Alexander Vaccaro had given me the confidence and assurance about proceeding with my lumbar fusion from our very first consultation which took place five months prior to me have surgery. After reviewing my MRI, Dr. Vaccaro said to me and I quote, "I can fix this and that you will be able to go back doing what you were previously doing without pain." " I can give you your quality of life back." With that being said, I had no reservations about him performing the surgical procedure on my spine
in Ardmore, PA |
Dr Vaccaro couldn't have been any more compassionate about back issues. He came into the exam room and told me exactly what he was going to do and he did! He gave me back my life pain free. I could not be any more happier with the result of my back surgery. After 5 months I was able to get back in the gym.
in Sellersville |
If your looking for the best....this is your guy. I've been having back problems for years, and pretty much have done everything (therapy, chiropractor, epidural injections, trigger point injections and Acupuncture). I did some research and decided to go talk with Dr.Vaccaro. After discussing my options, I decided to go ahead and get surgery ( Anterior, Posterior, Decompression Spinal fusion L4-S1). I just want to say THANKYOU to Dr Vaccaro and his staff for taking such good care of me.
in Englishtown, NJ |
Dr. Vaccaro performed a microdiscectomy on me 2 days ago. I had pain running down my right leg for over 4 years due to a bulging disc, L4-5. He was professional and most importantly, my pain is gone in my leg. I've had the same surgery done on me in 2012 by another doctor. However, it was a failure and my pain came back. The only pain I'm feeling now is soreness from the incision. Lastly, all the nurses and PA's at Methodist Hospital in Philly were amazing. Joseph Rizzo
in west chester, pa |
Dr Vacarro diagnosed and treated my lower back stenosis, arthritis and disc problems 2 years ago. While back surgery is hard to get through, he and his staff amazed me at how well they conducted the process. I do not have the pain and limitations that I had and am back to a normal life. Not only did the surgery go well but the whole process went smoothly. DEFINITELY WOULD RECOMMEND. I had the surgery at Jefferson Hospital and that also was a better than excellent experience.
in Warren, NJ |
Excellent surgeon for difficult removal of spine tumor. Experience was professional from start to finish.
in Hilltop,NJ |
I couldn't be happier with the complete Rothman Team. From my first visit with Dr. Vaccaro to my hospital stay to my post - op visits. Both Mila and Riana are a vital part of the team. It was a pleasure to have met these three people and the many people that cared for me in the hospital. I would recommend this team and the Rothman Institute to all my friends. Thank you Mel Lowden
Old Bridge, NJ |
We are so grateful to Dr. Vaccaro. He preformed a miracle on my husband. He was unable to sit at all and could stand only minutes. After several surgeries with Dr. Vaccaro he is doing wonderful. We did not think that he would ever be able to sit and now can for several hours! He is beginning to walk and his progress is amazing.
in Abington, PA |
He knows his stuff and is very personable to boot!
in philadelphia, pa |
I barley walked. When I was wheel chaired into his office for a 3rd opinion as he looked at me he already knew was the diagnosis were and within 6-7 days i was operated on. now im on the road to recovery n being ale to walk again.
in Magnolia, NJ |
Dr Vaccaro has and continues to be very understanding of my symptoms. He has explained all procedures to me in depth. very personable and very easy to talk to.
berlin, nj |
I had a lumbar fusion, I am 10 weeks out and feel great. I would recommend him to all family members.
in Pottstown, PA |
From the moment I met Dr. Vaccaro I knew I was in great hands. I listened to what he told me & had total faith & trust in him. I had to have a cervical spinal fusion C3-C7 a big surgery to decompress my spine. He went in through the front/back of my neck, plate, screws and cadaver parts. I was given 4 months to have this surgery or I would have landed in a wheel chair/then spiral downhill. I am truly blessed & so thankful I chose the best. He is so skilled/gifted, TopDoc! Extreme pain was lifted
in Lancaster, PA |
Dr. Vaccaro is friendly, concerned, and extremely skilled. It was easy to put my trust in him as he evaluated my condition and preformed my L4-L5 spinal fusion surgery. He was recommended to me by a qualified nurse navigator. My surgery was 1/21/16. From the moment that I returned to my room the intense pain was gone. Five months post surgery my recovery is amazing, my quality of like has returned to normal. I highly recommend Dr. Vaccaro!
in Sewell, NJ |
On February 18, I woke up with a crick in my neck and went downhill from there, suffering from discomfort --literally-- from the tips of the fingers on my right hand to my shoulder. In late March, unable to deal with the discomfort, I made an appointment to see Dr. Vaccaro, who prescribed an MRI which revealed a bulging disc pressing on the c6 nerve. On March 31, Dr. Vacarro performed surgery and I experienced immediate relief. Dr. Vaccaro, his physician's asst. and entire staff were great.
in Langhorne, PA |
Dr. Vaccaro performed my spinal fusion (L4, L5 and S1) on 3/21/16. I was up and walking quickly (as they recommended). In the many miles I've walked since my day of surgery I have not had any of the pain that I initially went into surgery for (right leg pain that was very debilitating). I still have soreness at the point of the surgery but I was told up front that that would take 4-6 months due to having to split the muscle to get into the area that needed the repair. Just starting PT now.
in Conshohocken, PA |
I had a C-5-6 fusion. Dr. Vaccaro did a great job before during and after.
in Waterbury, CT |
I am now six months post spinal revision surgery performed by Dr. Vaccaro. To sum up my recovery, it is nothing short of a miracle. I sought out Dr. Vaccaro on the recommendation of a colleague . Dr. Vaccaro was an advocate, honest, straight forward, answered my questions thoroughly, kind, compassionate and most importantly is a highly skilled surgeon. Dr. Vaccaro's skills and his marvelous support team prevented me from having permanent serious spinal cord damage.
in Williamsport, PA |
I was extremely impressed with not only his experience and expertise, but his interest and willingness to help me. From the moment I met him, I knew I wouldn't trust anyone else to handle my case.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I came to Dr. Vaccaro after I went to physical therapy twice, had epidural injections, and taking anti inflammatory and pain medications every day for about a year. Within a few weeks or so after surgery I could stop taking all pain medications and I can now enjoy every day pain free. My only regret is that I didn't have the surgery sooner. The Staff is fantastic from the front desk to the X-Ray Techs, to Mila the PA. Thank you to all of you!
in phila pa |
Always a pleasure. Dr Vaccaro is the most compassionate and professional and caring Dr. He's the best!
Narberth, PA |
Dr. Vaccaro is a true professional. He is skillful, caring and compassionate. I could not have asked for a better experience.
in Hatfield |
Run, don't walk away from this man.
in Brooklyn, NY |
He was highly recommended to me by Dr. Rob Franks and he did not disappoint! Dr. Vaccaro, in addition to being extremely personable, he was straight forward and assuring. I saw positive results immediately after he performed my lumbar decompression. He and his team took great care of me.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Excellent Doctor who helped me more than I can ever thank him enough for the relief from the terrible back pain and nerve pain I had.
in Philadelphia, PA |
dr.Vaccaro is the very best so good he developed a procedure he put in my neck that was not FDA approved at the time the outcome was the best of any sergury i ever had he is in my opinion the very best in the USA
Have you seen Dr. Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD?
Are you Dr. Vaccaro?

Compare Dr. Vaccaro

Dr. Vaccaro's Care Philosophy

To improve a patient?s quality of life and functionality.

Dr. Vaccaro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

• Cervical Spine Research Society award for best poster exhibit, 2001
    • Economic and Cultural Achievement Award, 2002
    • Recipient of the Jeffrey Lance Spinal Cord Injury Foundation Award, 2001
    • Scoliosis Research Society Traveling Fellowship, 2003

Dr. Vaccaro has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Vaccaro's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    University Of California San Diego Medical Center
    Boston College

• Italian

Dr. Vaccaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vaccaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Procedure
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery