Dr. Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD

Dr. Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Rothman Institute Orthopaedics 925 Chestnut St Fl 5, Philadelphia, PA 19107 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

To improve a patient?s quality of life and functionality.Read more

Dr. Vaccaro's Experience

See how Dr. Vaccaro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vaccaro

Dr. Vaccaro accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Vaccaro has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Vaccaro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vaccaro to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Vaccaro
Dr. Vaccaro's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (65)
in Ardmore, PA |
Of the three Doctors I saw for my bulging discs, Dr Vaccaro was the only one that listened to me and understood my back/pain problems.He made me feel very comfortable while explaining what procedure he was going to do.I trusted him and his surgical staff to do my back surgery at the Bensalem Hospital. This hospital was so clean and the staff was very friendly.I am completely pain free and able to get back in the gym. I can't thank him and his staff enough for their kindness and professionalism.
in Magnolia, NJ |
Dr Vaccaro has and continues to be very understanding of my symptoms. He has explained all procedures to me in depth. very personable and very easy to talk to.
berlin, nj |
I had a lumbar fusion, I am 10 weeks out and feel great. I would recommend him to all family members.
in Pottstown, PA |
From the moment I met Dr. Vaccaro I knew I was in great hands. I listened to what he told me & had total faith & trust in him. I had to have a cervical spinal fusion C3-C7 a big surgery to decompress my spine. He went in through the front/back of my neck, plate, screws and cadaver parts. I was given 4 months to have this surgery or I would have landed in a wheel chair/then spiral downhill. I am truly blessed & so thankful I chose the best. He is so skilled/gifted, TopDoc! Extreme pain was lifted
in Lancaster, PA |
Dr. Vaccaro is friendly, concerned, and extremely skilled. It was easy to put my trust in him as he evaluated my condition and preformed my L4-L5 spinal fusion surgery. He was recommended to me by a qualified nurse navigator. My surgery was 1/21/16. From the moment that I returned to my room the intense pain was gone. Five months post surgery my recovery is amazing, my quality of like has returned to normal. I highly recommend Dr. Vaccaro!
in Sewell, NJ |
On February 18, I woke up with a crick in my neck and went downhill from there, suffering from discomfort --literally-- from the tips of the fingers on my right hand to my shoulder. In late March, unable to deal with the discomfort, I made an appointment to see Dr. Vaccaro, who prescribed an MRI which revealed a bulging disc pressing on the c6 nerve. On March 31, Dr. Vacarro performed surgery and I experienced immediate relief. Dr. Vaccaro, his physician's asst. and entire staff were great.
in Langhorne, PA |
Dr. Vaccaro performed my spinal fusion (L4, L5 and S1) on 3/21/16. I was up and walking quickly (as they recommended). In the many miles I've walked since my day of surgery I have not had any of the pain that I initially went into surgery for (right leg pain that was very debilitating). I still have soreness at the point of the surgery but I was told up front that that would take 4-6 months due to having to split the muscle to get into the area that needed the repair. Just starting PT now.
in Conshohocken, PA |
I had a C-5-6 fusion. Dr. Vaccaro did a great job before during and after.
in Waterbury, CT |
I am now six months post spinal revision surgery performed by Dr. Vaccaro. To sum up my recovery, it is nothing short of a miracle. I sought out Dr. Vaccaro on the recommendation of a colleague . Dr. Vaccaro was an advocate, honest, straight forward, answered my questions thoroughly, kind, compassionate and most importantly is a highly skilled surgeon. Dr. Vaccaro's skills and his marvelous support team prevented me from having permanent serious spinal cord damage.
in Williamsport, PA |
I was extremely impressed with not only his experience and expertise, but his interest and willingness to help me. From the moment I met him, I knew I wouldn't trust anyone else to handle my case.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I came to Dr. Vaccaro after I went to physical therapy twice, had epidural injections, and taking anti inflammatory and pain medications every day for about a year. Within a few weeks or so after surgery I could stop taking all pain medications and I can now enjoy every day pain free. My only regret is that I didn't have the surgery sooner. The Staff is fantastic from the front desk to the X-Ray Techs, to Mila the PA. Thank you to all of you!
in phila pa |
Always a pleasure. Dr Vaccaro is the most compassionate and professional and caring Dr. He's the best!
Narberth, PA |
Dr. Vaccaro is a true professional. He is skillful, caring and compassionate. I could not have asked for a better experience.
in Hatfield |
Run, don't walk away from this man.
in Brooklyn, NY |
He was highly recommended to me by Dr. Rob Franks and he did not disappoint! Dr. Vaccaro, in addition to being extremely personable, he was straight forward and assuring. I saw positive results immediately after he performed my lumbar decompression. He and his team took great care of me.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Excellent Doctor who helped me more than I can ever thank him enough for the relief from the terrible back pain and nerve pain I had.
in Philadelphia, PA |
dr.Vaccaro is the very best so good he developed a procedure he put in my neck that was not FDA approved at the time the outcome was the best of any sergury i ever had he is in my opinion the very best in the USA
Have you seen Dr. Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD?
Are you Dr. Vaccaro?

Compare Dr. Vaccaro

Orthopedic Surgery
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Procedure
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Scoliosis Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Georgetown University School Of Medicine

• Cervical Spine Research Society award for best poster exhibit, 2001
    • Economic and Cultural Achievement Award, 2002
    • Recipient of the Jeffrey Lance Spinal Cord Injury Foundation Award, 2001
    • Scoliosis Research Society Traveling Fellowship, 2003

Dr. Vaccaro has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Vaccaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vaccaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Vaccaro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Vaccaro

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Vaccaro's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Vaccaro

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Vaccaro's Care Philosophy

To improve a patient?s quality of life and functionality.