Dr. Alexander Shifrin, MD

Dr. Alexander Shifrin, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

As medical care has become more and more impersonal, I offer a remarkably different philosophy. I believe in cultivating a trusting, lasting relationship with you and your family and in bringing my heart and mind into every aspect of your medical care. You are important to me not only as a patient but as a person as well.

Dr. Alexander Shifrin, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Shifrin is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital.

Dr. Shifrin's Experience

See how Dr. Shifrin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shifrin

Dr. Shifrin accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shifrin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shifrin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shifrin to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Shifrin's Performance
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I am very grateful to the Dr. Alexander Shifrin and his team for their qualified medical care, benevolence, attentive and sensitive attitude to me during the hysteroscopy. From the first visit to his office, I realized that I was in good hands because Doctor Shifrin had given sufficient time explaining all my questions. In the medical office of Dr. Shifrin I felt absolute professionalism during the examination and all necessary procedures. I have received really great care!
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I highly recommend Dr. Alexander Shifrin. Dr. Shifrin successfully performed my hysterectomy. I was afraid to undergo such major surgery. Dr. Shifrin and his office stuff made me feel very comfortable, promptly taking care of all the necessary preparations. Everything from the beginning to the end including my hospital stay went smoothly, with minimal pain and discomfort. Dr. Shifrin is highly professional, personable and emphatic. Thank you Dr. Shifrin and Stuff!
    New York, NY |
    My first visit with Dr. Shifrin was a very pleasant one. His office is clean, staff is very nice and Dr. Shifrin was great. He was very nice and made me feel very comfortable. He definitely seems knowledgeable. I will definitely be coming back
    in Yonker, NY |
    I am a patient of Dr.A.Shifrin and i am very satisfied with the care he provides , his expertise and knowledge. His medical crew is also very nice and caring.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Very rude secretary answere and she denied that they are accepting Medicaid with united health care plan. ... it s bad to be turned of as a pregnant lady. ..or u need to pay him 15 thousands dollars.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr. Shifrin was recommended to me by my coworkers, I'm so happy that I listened to them. All staff members are very friendly and knowledgeable, always ready to help. Dr. Shifrin left a very good impression on me, he talked to me as an equal, explained everything well and answered all my questions. Dr. Shifrin is a real professional and I will recommend him to all my female friends and family.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr. Shifrin is my first male OBGYN. I always felt more comfortable going to a female doctor. When I was no longer able to see my female doctor due to her moving, I was told by more than one person to give Dr. Shifrin a chance. I am so happy I listened to them. Dr. Shifrin is very professional and cares about his patients. I felt comfortable from the first visit and never even thought about looking for another female OBGYN. He is very attentive and answers all my questions.
    in Staten Island, NY |
    Best doctor I ever seen. Highly professional, has great knowledge, very polite staff, has pleasant environment and brief waiting.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Shifrin takes the time to teach his patients and is very personable. He provides quality service and I highly recommend him to all friends and family!
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR DR ALEXANDER SHIFRIN. I HAD MANY DIFFERENT DOCTORS BEFORE HIM, BUT DR ALEXANDER SHIFRIN IS THE KEEPER FOR AS LONG AS HE IS IN PRACTICE. HIS STAFF IS ALSO VERY PROFESSIONAL AND VERY FRIENDLY. NEVER A LONG WAIT. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR CALL AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
    in Mount Kisco, NY |
    Dr. Alexander Shifrin is an amazing doctor with great attitude. He cares, understands and empathizes with his patients. He takes time to listen to the questions no matter how ridiculous they could be and goes to great lengths to answers them. Very thorough with his examinations and tests reviewing. I never felt rushed out of the door there. Dr. Shifrin's wonderful bedside manner and great sense of humor always make me feel relaxed yet confident. His office staff is friendly and diligent.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr. Shifrin was not only skilled and knowledgeable, he and his office staff made me feel very comfortable throughout the appointment. Highly recommended.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I've been a patient of Dr. Shifrin for 15+ years. He is very attentive and always makes his patients feel very comfortable. He delivered three of my children with the most care and professionalism. Definitely recommend him!!!
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr. Shifrin performed my hysterectomy (June 9, 2016) and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I rarely leave rating, but Dr.Shifrin and his staff definitely deserve it! My entire experience at this office was pleasant: from the appointment, to my conversations with Dr. Shifrin regarding diagnosis and treatment options to scheduling the best procedures, pre-op, surgery, post-op. Dr. Shifrin is extremely brilliant and I knew from first visit that I was in the best hands.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr. Shifrin is one of the best doctors out there! He is extremely thorough, patient, and very experienced, so you will always have an accurate diagnosis!
    Dr. Shifrin is experienced, patient and very effective. He really dedicates himself to his patients. There is a real human care combined with high professionalism residing in this doctor. He delivered my second baby. What a difference from first!
    in New York |
    Dear Doctor Alexander Shifrin, thank you and your team for helping my wonderful son to be born 07/12/2015. Appreciate your attention, support and professionalism. I have only positive experience and emotions.
    He is a real doctor, not a businessman. The best doctor in New York. Period. Too bad he only accepts few types of insurance.
    Have you seen Dr. Alexander Shifrin, MD?
    Are you Dr. Shifrin?

Dr. Shifrin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shifrin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Shifrin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shifrin's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Abdominal Disorders
    • Anemia of Pregnancy
    • Antepartum Hemorrhage
    • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
    • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
    • Cervical Polyps
    • Cervicitis
    • Chlamydia Infections
    • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
    • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
    • Coagulation Disorders in Pregnancy
    • Gestational Diabetes
    • Gestational Hypertension
    • Gonorrhea Infections
    • Gynecologic Cancer
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Herpes Simplex Infection
    • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
    • Infertility
    • Maternal Anemia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Miscarriages
    • Preeclampsia
    • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
    • Premature Birth
    • Sebaceous Cysts
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Symptomatic Menopause

Completed in 1993

Mount Sinai Hospital

Completed in 1996

• Russian

Dr. Shifrin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shifrin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Cryosurgery for Skin Lesions
    • Cryotherapy for Warts
    • Dermal Filler
    • Destruction of Vaginal Lesion
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
    • Rh Incompatibility Screening
    • Sympathectomy
    • Treatment of Fibroid Tumors
    • Tubal Ligation
    • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
    • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC