Dr. Alexander Sah, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 45

Dr. Sah

Sah Orthopaedic Associates at the Institute for Joint Restoration

2000 Mowry Ave # Center Fremont, CA 94538

Dr. Alexander Sah, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Fremont, CA. Dr. Sah has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hazel Hawkins Memorial Hospital and Washington Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sah to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in Fremont

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Sah accepts

Dr. Sah accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Coventry Health Care
Guardian
Health Net
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for California

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Typically treats 92% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 7 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Knee Disorders

Dr. Sah treats Knee Disorders more than 100% of their peers

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Sah treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 100% of their peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Sah treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 100% of their peers

Check Dr. Sah's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Sah's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sah

Dr. Sah?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (183)
  • Listened & answered questions (181)
  • Explained conditions well (180)
  • Long wait times (103)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (2)
from initial visit through surgery recovery and rehab, Dr. Sah's team is AWESOME !!!
John Clearman – Sep 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Dr. Sah is an amazing doctor and and even more amazing personality. His friendly manner instills confidence as he explains what the procedure will be.
Peter A Lujan – Sep 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
There was always someone available to answer my questions wether it was by telephone or email. Especially attentive for the first three months after my surgery. Dr. Sah and his team have a wonderful bedside manner. I interviewed several surgeons before I opted to use Dr. Sah, and trust me, after these interviews in most cases you knew that they were really only interested in doing the surgery. I give them a five rating because I really feel Dr. Sah and his entire team care about your recovery. Kathie Kleiman
Kathie Kleiman – Sep 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Dr, Sah replaced both of my knees in May of 2013. I cycle quite a bit and rode a lot, right up to just days before my surgery. Everything went great. I used a walker for a couple of days, then switched to a cane. At two weeks I was riding a stationary bicycle and at six weeks on was back riding again, but stayed out of the hills for awhile. It's like I never had any knee problems. One of my knees had been giving me problems for 30 years. I even went skiing 7 months later. Dr. Sah is a great surgeon and a very caring person.
Bob Myers – Sep 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Dr. Sah has our complete confidence after a partial meniscectomy on my right knee, then a partial knee replacement on the left knee. After six years, the right knee is doing well. Regarding the replacement done in August 2020, two physical therapists said it was the best looking knee recovery (least swelling and most flexibility/mobility) and incision that they had seen. The incision line looks like it could have been done by a plastic surgeon. 117 degrees flexion at 2 1/2 weeks. Dr. Sah has personally called to check on how I was doing and has made accommodations due to us traveling from out of state. He has the combination of excellence in his skills, as well as in his interpersonal abilities. Very caring, listens well, and uses advanced surgical practices. His staff have also been professional and efficient. Dr. Sah has our highest recommendation and gratitude.
Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Hello friends, Best advice I can offer: above all else DO THE PRE-OP EXERCISES! Your recovery will be easier. My first evaluation visit, pre-op visits, and preparation for my total knee replacements of 4/17 and 9/25/2018 were excellent. I never felt afraid. Dr. Sah gives you that individual attention, even home phone calls to follow your recovery. His outpatient physical therapy staff is above all others; they understand you might not feel great some days and they know how to adjust that therapy session to help you. If possible, don't skip a physical therapy session. I encourage anyone contemplating total knee replacement to contact Dr. Sah. He is highly regarded in this surgery throughout California and beyond. I met his other patients from Hawaii and Arizona while I was attending pre-op meetings. They were equally impressed. If you need this surgery, DO IT, it will change your life. Keep walking. Best Regards.
Susan Curtzwiler – Aug 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
It's a very brief story: I had a Total Hip Replacement and I could walk fairly well next day, almost perfectly at the 2 weeks check and I even forgot I had the replacement by the 6 weeks check as I could walk, run and jump with no issue whatsoever. All went smoothly with no issues at all and, quite surprisingly for my experience with healthcare in the US, dr. Sah and his staff has always been very reachable, responsive and proactive in checking with me. And all of this in the middle of Covid crisis that has not make anybody life easier. As close as a perfect experience as it gets!
Luca – Aug 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Excellent experience and care, even during Covid19. No hip pain now after many years!
Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
I definitely recommend Dr Sah and his staff for knee and hip problems. Everyone is very personable and caring. Both of my knees have been replaced and each time I was back to all my activities to include square dancing pain free within six weeks.
A. Garman – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Dr. Sah is a superstar and his clinic is run like a finely tuned Ferrari. He's very friendly, as is his staff. He listens well and answered all my questions and was much more available than I would have expected.
Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Dr. Sah was recommended to me by a sister living in Fremont for hip surgeries. Ignoring her advice, surgeries were done close to home 140 miles away from Fremont. The first surgery on left hip did not go well: had to be immediately redone and leg cabled resulting in inability for full normal range of motion and permanent shortening of leg. Right hip required cap replacement within 5 years of surgery. Revision on that took place with Dr. Sah, excellent result, and huge regret that all surgeries were not performed by him. He and team are kind, conscientious and caring. Dr. Sah is incredible in personal follow up calls and good will. He uses most up to date techniques and methods based on constant study and research. He epitomizes all that good medical care and humanity can be.
David Vigil – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
I had total left hip replacement on June 18,2020. My outcome totally exceeded my expectation. To begin with, the supportive staff was attentive and thorough. Dr Sah was both attentive and compassionate. He constantly followed up via telephone and text. I had many questions and he thoroughly replied to each one. I would recommend him to everyone and I do. He is undoubtedly the most caring physician I have ever met.
Leon Paul Jones – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
If you are looking into the background of orthopedic surgeons who specialize in knees, you probably already know a lot about Dr. Sah. The doctor is as personable as he is professional. After my first visit, he hand wrote me a letter to follow up. That is a first for me. I had both knees replaced on July 14, 2020. I’m just entering my fourth week of rehabilitation. I don’t think it would be unreasonable to say that it was a life-changing positive experience, my knees were in terrible shape prior to the surgery. I’m healing quickly and everything is tracking perfectly. I have some discomfort because my knee caps no longer grind off to the side of my knees, they track the way they are supposed to now. It’s been a little uncomfortable as my muscles readjust, but it is a change I’m happy to make. Dr. Sah is represented by a thoroughly professional and compassionate staff as well. I can’t overstate how helpful they have been during this entire process.
Harold L. – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Dr. Alexander Sah did an excellent job with my surgeries. I highly recommend him to anyone.
Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
I had both knees replaced by Dr. Sah. Both were very successful. I was back to normal activity in 3 weeks. I was in good shape before surgery; i.e., I had very strong quads. I was also very good about practicing my PT exercises at home, and highly recommend it. I got extremely good care from Dr. Sah and his team. They care! Wait times sometimes were long, but acceptable.
  • Long wait times
Nancy Kohn – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
I had my knee replaced by Dr. Sah 6 months ago. He and his team are outstanding. They are supportive and caring and follow up care is a priority. Dr. Sah is a very good surgeon in my opinion. I haven't had other surgeries but, my knee is a terrific gift in my life. I'm very active and my new knee is allowing me to do/play all sports I enjoy. I highly recommend Dr. Sah and all those on his team.
Kathy Danaher – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
I can’t say enough about Dr. Sah and his team. Not only did I have complete confidence in the surgical team but everyone was responsive, encouraging, and helpful during recovery.
Marlys – Jun 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
I have had three knee surgeries by Dr. Sah and team over the past 6 months. Two were right and left patella femoral replacements (considered partials), the third was an ortho meniscus repair in advance of one of the replacements. While that much down time is not fun for an active person, I am 100% satisfied with all three procedures as well as the pre and post-op education, staff, and personal touches. Dr Sah is very talented, confident and personable. Be good to your knees, as you will miss them when they are gone, but when they are gone, you have a great option for repair/replacement. I highly recommend Dr. Sah.
  • Long wait times
Richard Steiny – Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Dr. Sah and his entire team at the Joint Reconstruction Institute were excellent. I had my left knee replaced (TKR) in Dec. it’s 6 months in, and their attention to my recovery has been top notch. Besides being a great surgeon, I feel he really cares about me as a person rather than just as another surgery. Also the team has been together for years, another mark of excellence. I highly recommend.
Susan L. Brown – Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?
Dr. Sah and his team have done 2 surgeries on me, and I cannot express how happy I am. I would give them 10 stars if I could.
Lynne Raphael – Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Sah, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sah?

Sah Orthopaedic Associates

Where state-of-the-art surgery meets unparalleled personalized care.  We are committed to delivering the highest quality joint replacement care possible, in the most compassionate way possible. Our comprehe...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery