Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery | Male

The San Antonio Orthopaedic Group 400 Concord Plaza Dr Ste 300 San Antonio, TX 78216 Get Directions
Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD
Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD is a hand and upper extremity surgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Rowland is affiliated with North Central Baptist Hospital.

Dr. Rowland's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rowland's Experience

See how Dr. Rowland's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rowland

Dr. Rowland accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Rowland is now accepting new patients
The San Antonio Orthopaedic Group - Central400 Concord Plaza Dr Ste 300
San Antonio, TX 78216
(210) 281-9595Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rowland has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rowland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rowland to family and friends
Dr. Rowland's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
doctor Alexander Rowland md has perform surgery on my elbow. My results on my surgery are excellent. Doctor Alexander Rowland md treated me with the upmost respect, kindness and has a great attitude. I highly recommend doctor Rowland to all my family and friends. I totally trust Doctor Rowland. His office staff is also friendly, courteous and kind, especially mrs Kimberly Martinez she is awesome. mrs Kimberly Martinez has treated me like family.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was extremely satisfied with my pre-op, operation, and post-op experiences. I experienced minimal discomfort 4 days after the surgery and only occasional minor discomfort 8 days after the surgery. Dr. Rowland is a skilled surgeon. I highly recommend him.
San Antonio, TX |
Very please with the results of my hand surgery. Excellent physician and office staff. Highly recommend both.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Alexander Rowland assured me that after breaking my wrist just after Easter, I would be back to playing ping pong by summer. With his excellent skills and advice, I was able to come back to normal play just as he said, and come back to the ping pong player I was before the injury. I used ping pong to get my wrist back into shape and didn't require any rehab. It was a lot more fun! I highly recommend Dr. Rowland and ping pong for therapy!!! Photo on my Facebook! Patricia F. Good
in San Antonio, Tx |
Dr. Rowland is the best! I am a repeat customer. I would not see anyone else. I have broken my arm twice, dislocated my elbow, and carpal tunnel in both hands. This has resulted in surgery twice, cast, etc. Each time my recovery was quick with no issues and minimal time off work. Dr. Rowland always takes the time to answer my questions and make sure I get the best of care. His staff is wonderful also, very helpful and cares about your well being. Two thumbs up to Dr. Rowland and team!
Boerne, TX |
Dr. Rowland listened to me attentively, carefully explained all options to take care of the problem with my hand, and when we decided on surgery, he clearly explained the procedure. My surgery was scheduled for the following week and when I arrived at the surgical center, I was taken into the operating room without having a long wait and afterwards was discharged in a timely fashion. I would recommend Dr. Rowland without hesitation.
San Antonio, tx |
I recently had a carpal tunnel release done by Dr. Roland. The admission process through discharge was smooth and flawless. The facility was spotless. Staff was knowledgeable and professional. The RN, the anesthesiologist, and Dr. Rowland answered all questions and concerns. I would have scheduled my procedure sooner if I had realized the surgery and recovery was this smooth. Thank you Dr. Roland!
Spring Branch, TX |
I felt very confident in Dr Rowland diagnosis and my recovery is going smoothly.
in San Antonio, TX |
I saw Dr. Rowland for Carpal Tunnel surgery and I am very happy with the process and the results! The front desk at the Concord Plaza location gets a little crazy at times because there are so many doctors there, but everyone is helpful and friendly. The doctor and staff are awesome. Dr was great, answered all my questions, and staff made scheduling the surgery easy. Surgery was smooth and 1.5 months later I'm back to normal!
in Schertz, TX |
I came here due to a dislocated elbow to be recovered in time. From day one this place has been so nice, helpful, really care about wanting to get you back to normal. Dr. Rowland never sugarcoated anything to me on my visits about my elbow. He answered all my questions and most of the time he would ask my questions before I even asked them. Therapy was with awesome people who don't just get you back to having range of motion but also ask you questions and really get involved in your recovery.
in Boerne, TX |
Very easy to talk to. Listens to you explain symptoms. Prescribes treatment that is necessary to cure problem. Have seen for bursitis in both elbows and also for a badly sprained wrist.
Boerne, TX |
Dr. Rowland listened to me; therefore, understood my situation. I found him to be very knowledgeable and professional. He gave my needs first priority. Dr. Rowland staff was very responsive to my needs and in schedule surgery around the Christmas holidays. I believe that Dr. Rowland is the best surgeon for my elbow that I could have had.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rowland was recommended to me after I slipped and broke my wrist. I am so happy I got that referral. Before surgery he took the time to answer all my questions and put me at ease. My surgery went great without any complication. My follow-up session were thorough and informative. I would definitely refer him to anyone that needs this type of medical procedure.
in San Antonio, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Rowland. I suffered a severe wrist injury, and he efficiently repaired both bones and tendons. He is wise, thorough, and caring.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rowland is an excellent doctor and is great with patients however trying to get things done over the phone (scheduling, information, etc.) needs improvement. Long wait times, no call backs as promised, no details provided.
San Antonio, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Rowland by the RN at the urgent care I went to for what was believed to be an infection in my finger. I'm very glad she did. It turned out that I had a cyst which Dr. Rowland removed. I was given great care by him and all his staff were very nice and professional. I'm very thankful for the great care I was provided.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rowland is extremely thorough with the care he provides, timely with appointments and follow up, and ensures he takes the appropriate action minimizing pain and unnecessary procedures. He is a great surgeon and has a proven track record of success with healing post procedures.
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD?
Are you Dr. Rowland?

Compare Dr. Rowland

Dr. Rowland's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rowland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Rowland has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rowland's Board Certifications

• Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Hand Tendon Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Injury
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

University Of Western Ontario Hand and Upper Limb Center

Completed in 2006

University of Texas

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Rowland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rowland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery