Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD

Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery  |
Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD is a hand and upper extremity surgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

400 Concord Plaza Dr Ste 300

San Antonio, TX 78216

• First Choice Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Rowland

See how frequently Dr. Rowland performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
De Quervain's Disease
Elbow Sprain

Dr. Rowland's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Rowland "http://www.tsaog.com/rowland"

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery

• Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Hand Tendon Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Injury
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Roger A. Mann, MD In Oakland, Ca
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Western Ontario Hand and Upper Limb Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Rowland has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rowland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rowland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rowland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rowland to family and friends
Dr. Rowland's Performance
in San Marcos, TX |
Dr.Rowland is an exceptional surgeon. The work he did on my elbow and hands has made a huge difference in my life. He took the time to take care of me and I never felt like just another surgery. He did an exceptional job of explaining the procedures , answering all my questions and putting me at ease with having the procedures. My follow up visits post surgery were as complete as the presurgery appointments. Additionally his office staff is also first rate and reflected the same levels of care
in san antonio |
Dr. Rowland is an amazing surgeon. I have been suffering carpal tunnel for 5 years on my both hands. I just did surgery on my right hand on Thursday. The come out is amazing. The pain and the numbness been reliefs from Thursday night. Now it’s Saturday, I can use my hand for light work, and I even have not taken any pain medication yet. I am looking forward to getting full recovery, and get my left hand done with him. Thank you, Dr. Rowland,
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rowland was very professional and seemed to be very knowledgable when I went to see him for my trigger finger. He tried injections at first, but since my finger didn't respond to that treatment; he performed surgery on my ligament in a timely manner. I came through with flying colours and only had one regular strength Tylenol during the recovery period. This was same day surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Rowland to those interested.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rowland performed surgery on my left wrist for a closed distal end fracture. I am not yet 2 months post-op but my bone has healed and the incision has closed nicely. The physical therapy provided has given me close to pre-op grip strength and range of motion. I was not expecting recovery to be this easy as I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. I would say the only negative was having to wait five days from the time of the break until surgery.
in San Antonio, TX |
doctor Alexander Rowland md has perform surgery on my elbow. My results on my surgery are excellent. Doctor Alexander Rowland md treated me with the upmost respect, kindness and has a great attitude. I highly recommend doctor Rowland to all my family and friends. I totally trust Doctor Rowland. His office staff is also friendly, courteous and kind, especially mrs Kimberly Martinez she is awesome. mrs Kimberly Martinez has treated me like family.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was extremely satisfied with my pre-op, operation, and post-op experiences. I experienced minimal discomfort 4 days after the surgery and only occasional minor discomfort 8 days after the surgery. Dr. Rowland is a skilled surgeon. I highly recommend him.
San Antonio, TX |
Very please with the results of my hand surgery. Excellent physician and office staff. Highly recommend both.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Alexander Rowland assured me that after breaking my wrist just after Easter, I would be back to playing ping pong by summer. With his excellent skills and advice, I was able to come back to normal play just as he said, and come back to the ping pong player I was before the injury. I used ping pong to get my wrist back into shape and didn't require any rehab. It was a lot more fun! I highly recommend Dr. Rowland and ping pong for therapy!!! Photo on my Facebook! Patricia F. Good
in San Antonio, Tx |
Dr. Rowland is the best! I am a repeat customer. I would not see anyone else. I have broken my arm twice, dislocated my elbow, and carpal tunnel in both hands. This has resulted in surgery twice, cast, etc. Each time my recovery was quick with no issues and minimal time off work. Dr. Rowland always takes the time to answer my questions and make sure I get the best of care. His staff is wonderful also, very helpful and cares about your well being. Two thumbs up to Dr. Rowland and team!
Boerne, TX |
Dr. Rowland listened to me attentively, carefully explained all options to take care of the problem with my hand, and when we decided on surgery, he clearly explained the procedure. My surgery was scheduled for the following week and when I arrived at the surgical center, I was taken into the operating room without having a long wait and afterwards was discharged in a timely fashion. I would recommend Dr. Rowland without hesitation.
San Antonio, tx |
I recently had a carpal tunnel release done by Dr. Roland. The admission process through discharge was smooth and flawless. The facility was spotless. Staff was knowledgeable and professional. The RN, the anesthesiologist, and Dr. Rowland answered all questions and concerns. I would have scheduled my procedure sooner if I had realized the surgery and recovery was this smooth. Thank you Dr. Roland!
Spring Branch, TX |
I felt very confident in Dr Rowland diagnosis and my recovery is going smoothly.
in San Antonio, TX |
I saw Dr. Rowland for Carpal Tunnel surgery and I am very happy with the process and the results! The front desk at the Concord Plaza location gets a little crazy at times because there are so many doctors there, but everyone is helpful and friendly. The doctor and staff are awesome. Dr was great, answered all my questions, and staff made scheduling the surgery easy. Surgery was smooth and 1.5 months later I'm back to normal!
in Schertz, TX |
I came here due to a dislocated elbow to be recovered in time. From day one this place has been so nice, helpful, really care about wanting to get you back to normal. Dr. Rowland never sugarcoated anything to me on my visits about my elbow. He answered all my questions and most of the time he would ask my questions before I even asked them. Therapy was with awesome people who don't just get you back to having range of motion but also ask you questions and really get involved in your recovery.
in Boerne, TX |
Very easy to talk to. Listens to you explain symptoms. Prescribes treatment that is necessary to cure problem. Have seen for bursitis in both elbows and also for a badly sprained wrist.
Boerne, TX |
Dr. Rowland listened to me; therefore, understood my situation. I found him to be very knowledgeable and professional. He gave my needs first priority. Dr. Rowland staff was very responsive to my needs and in schedule surgery around the Christmas holidays. I believe that Dr. Rowland is the best surgeon for my elbow that I could have had.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rowland was recommended to me after I slipped and broke my wrist. I am so happy I got that referral. Before surgery he took the time to answer all my questions and put me at ease. My surgery went great without any complication. My follow-up session were thorough and informative. I would definitely refer him to anyone that needs this type of medical procedure.
in San Antonio, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Rowland. I suffered a severe wrist injury, and he efficiently repaired both bones and tendons. He is wise, thorough, and caring.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rowland is an excellent doctor and is great with patients however trying to get things done over the phone (scheduling, information, etc.) needs improvement. Long wait times, no call backs as promised, no details provided.
San Antonio, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Rowland by the RN at the urgent care I went to for what was believed to be an infection in my finger. I'm very glad she did. It turned out that I had a cyst which Dr. Rowland removed. I was given great care by him and all his staff were very nice and professional. I'm very thankful for the great care I was provided.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rowland is extremely thorough with the care he provides, timely with appointments and follow up, and ensures he takes the appropriate action minimizing pain and unnecessary procedures. He is a great surgeon and has a proven track record of success with healing post procedures.
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Rowland, MD?
Are you Dr. Rowland?

Visit Dr. Rowland

Dr. Rowland accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • First Choice Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Life