Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. McLawhorn

535 E 70th St New York, NY 10021

Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians and Surgeons in 2010 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery.

Dr. McLawhorn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McLawhorn

Dr. McLawhorn?
Dr. McLawhorn's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD
Extraordinary professional, both as a highly skilled physician and as a thoughtful, caring human being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
I had anterior total hip replacement surgery with Dr. McLawhorn and am amazed at the results. I was out of the hospital within 24 hours of surgery, was off the cane in a few days and within two weeks walking quite normally. At five weeks, I am almost done with outpatient PT as range of motion of hip and strength in leg is good. I’m beginning to reengage with activities that don’t require running and jumping (golf, elliptical at gym, stair master at gym etc.). The entire experience with the Dr. McLawhorn and the HSS staff was top notch. Would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
I had a hip replacement with the anterior approach with Dr. McLawhorn. By 17 days after surgery, I could walk a full mile! Excellent experience with doctor and entire HSS staff in Stamford. I’m a physical therapist and highly recommend Dr. McLawhorn for his knowledge and surgical expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
an incredible experience after being misdiagnosed for months. two weeks after surgery walking with a cane and almost pain-free. An amazing experience at HSS. Traveled there from PA but so worth it! Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
I am a 66 year old former orthopedic RN. who is thrilled with the outcome of my THR. My entire experience at HSS (Stamford and NYC) has been exceptional. From my first visit through my hospital stay in NYC everything ran smoothly and I found all staff members to be efficient and professional. Dr. McLawhorn is knowledgable, confident, never rushed and has an wonderful bedside manner. He answered every question I had in a calm, compassionate manner. Most importantly he is an incredibly skilled orthopedic surgeon. My posterior THR was painless with minimal swelling. My recovery was remarkable, I went from walker to cane to cane free with no limp in 2 weeks. At 5 1/2 weeks (after my first post op visit) I am back to my exercise routine and hiking our Vermont trails. As a nurse and a patient I highly recommend Dr. McLawhorn. Thank you Dr. McLawhorn you are awesome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
Dr McLawhorn did my knee replacement and I couldn't have asked for a better Dr. He truly understood me as a patient and always very attentive to my needs and concerns. I am much more comfortable now with the idea of having my other knee replacement by him.
Wonderful experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
Right hip joint replacement. Quality of care is outstanding. Surgery is life changing, and Dr. McLawHorn a miracle worker.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
Just had total right hip replacement surgery 8 weeks ago and the successful outcome has totally exceeded my expectations....For the first time in about 6 years I am pain free thanks to Dr. McLawhorn!!....He is extremely skilled and I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of this surgery....From pre-op, during surgery and post-op and follow up, the entire experience was handled with precision..My praise to Dr. McLawhorn, his staff, and all of the involved staff at Hospital for Special surgery in NYC...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
Dr. McLawhorn was recommended by a good friend whose knees were saved by the Doc. I live in Virginia, so making the decision to have surgery in CT was a big deal. Numerous train rides up and back, all totally worthwhile. Doc McLawhorn is an outstanding, congenial, superb surgeon. Realizing his practice is busy, as he maintains his NY office and CT patients in one jam-packed 5 day week, I nonetheless felt acknowledged, heard, supported, confident from our 1st meeting. He took the time to sit with me and ask "my story," listened to my every word, even if he had heard the same story line 5,000 times before, I felt like it was his first time! He is direct, nonsense approach, and was able to calm my nervousness easily. He is a delight and my hip story is one that I am happy to relive on paper, since I am writing a book about it. Thank you to Doc McLawhorn, and his dedicated staff in Stamford.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
I am so completely satisfied with my total experience at HSS! From pre-op through post-op at both locations in NYC & Stamford. My hospital stay was very comfortable and I felt safe and well treated by the entire staff. A special thank you to my nurse John Li on 7 for his compassion & humor. The hospital is state of the art, clean, peaceful & runs like clockwork. I never waited more than a minute or two for assistance or medication. The billing department took care of everything so I could recover without a hassle. Dr. McLawhorn did an amazing job on my hip! I HIGHLY recommend him. At 6 weeks post-op from THR, I move better than I have in years. My scar is barely 4 inches long & looks beautiful. I expect it will hardly be visible in a year or so. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am in awe and so happy with my choices. I will never go anywhere else for orthopedic care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
very professional, friendly, fully explained, gave me a lot of confidence in them and the process
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
Dr. McLawhorn spent a great deal of time with me, answering all of my questions and considering all options for my care. In the end, I've decided on a THR and am feeling very confident in my choice. He's caring, knowledgeable and confident - three essential qualities in a surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
Dr. McLawhorn did a complete knee replacement for me. He explained everything in detail, answering all my questions in detail, and has a very caring manner. I went in for the surgery with confidence and was not disappointed. I am on my way to a full recovery and I can’t praise Dr. McLawhorn and the staff at HSS enough. I will definitely return if I need my other knee done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
Dr. McLawhorn is an excellent surgeon. My partial knee replacement was flawless. No pain after surgery, able to walk unassisted in one day. I recommend Dr. McLawhorn to anyone who needs knee surgery. He performs magic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
I knew I needed a total knee replacement for a number of years but was not comfortable with moving forward with the surgery until I met with Dr McLawhorn. During the initial consultation I never felt rushed. He took his time answering all my questions and concerns. He has an easy and approach able manner. During my hospital stay he had a great bedside manner. His team of PA’s, NP’s, nurses and staff were equally helpful, courteous and professional. I highly recommend Dr McLawhorn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
I got my THR done February 22,2019. Same day,8 hours latter I made my first couple steps.Next morning I walk on steps and was ready to be discharge home. 7 days after surgery my physical therapist told me that I am doing much better that any other here patient( by far).Thank you Dr.McLawhorn you have a Magic touch and Golden hands. Grigory Gelman in Merrick,NY-March 04,2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
I underwent hip replacement surgery on October 19, 2018. It is now three months after my surgery and I am happy to report that I can walk long distances. I don't have pain and I don't limp. Dr. Alexander McLawhorn is a highly professional, well-mannered, kind and caring surgeon. Most importantly, as I was wheeled into the operating room on the day of my surgery, I knew that I was in good hands. Dr. Alexander McLawhorn gave me back my active, happy life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
I can’t describe how life changing my care from Dr. McLawhorn has been. I am a professional squash coach, was very active for almost 30 years, but the last 3-4 years have been a miserable struggle. After a double knee replacement by Dr. McLawhorn and the care from HSS, I’m “back in the game!” Six months after surgery I’m back playing and feel great. Truly life changing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?
Dr. McLawhorn is an excellent surgeon. I am 8 weeks post THR surgery and I have been feeling great ever since! He is very thorough, and caring in his approach and I am very grateful that he was recommended to me by my general physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander McLawhorn, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McLawhorn?

Dr. McLawhorn is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specialized in reconstruction of the hip and knee, including complex primary and revision joint replacement surgery. His practice is committed to providing personalized care to active patients of ...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

2015
2010
2004

Dr. McLawhorn accepts

Dr. McLawhorn accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth

Dr. McLawhorn's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. McLawhorn treats Osteoarthritis of Hip more than 100% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. McLawhorn treats Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh more than 100% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. McLawhorn treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. McLawhorn treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Ataxia
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Computer-Assisted Surgery (CAS)
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus