Dr. Alexander Lurie, MD

Dr. Alexander Lurie, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  ·
Dr. Alexander Lurie, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Miami, FL and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Rush Medical College Of Rush University in 1997 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

3661 S Miami Ave Ste 902

Miami, FL 33133

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Lurie

See how frequently Dr. Lurie performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Diabetes Type 2
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Lurie's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Lurie "My focus is patient care. Many of the diseases within endocrinology can be complex and difficult for patients to understand. I think patients do much better when they can understand their disease and understand the pros and cons of treatment decisions. Therefore my priority is to develop good communication with patients. I try to help patients better understand their disease so that they can make informed treatment decisions together with me. I also try to help patients cope with these diseases to make their life as easy and normal as possible."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Rush University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University of Chicago Hospitals
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

• American Diabetes Association/National Committee for Quality Assurance certificate of recognition for delivery of quality diabetes care, 03/08/2007

Dr. Lurie has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lurie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lurie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lurie's Reviews

3.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lurie to family and friends

Dr. Lurie's Performance

Dr. Lurie was fantastic. He really takes his time to actually sit down and listen to you. And his staff are all so nice. I really recommend this doctor!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I went to see Dr Lurie and I was so nervous about my thyroid diagnosis and he made me feel so calm and explained my options and concerns and I feel like he let me a part of my care and I'm so thankful. Love the staff, felt at home and my Doctor! Thank you Dr Lurie!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
He was horrible! If you have an endocrine issue do not go to him. He is very unknowledgeable and a huge waste of time and money.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
STAY AWAY! This office is a disaster! Stay away! Appointments are lost, paperwork lost, blood test results lost... nobody knows what they're doing there!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option1

Dear Patient: We are so sorry to hear about your negative experience during your office visit. I assure you that we strive as an office to make our patients feels comfortable and at ease while trusting us with their medical care. Patients opinions are very important to Dr. Lurie and his staff and we hope to make it up to you. I respectfully request to please contact me Jackie the Office Manager to see where we went wrong and to where we can improve as an office. I thank you for your time taken.

The worst office workers ever. Messed up with my appointment, waited for 2 hours to find out they never got my blood results.. def last time at this office
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1

Dear Patient: We regret your recent experience and your wait time. Your opinion is valued and heard. We would love to hear from you and your exact date of service to further evaluate and correct this from happening in the future. We would also like to give you your results if you did not receive them the date of your visit. Dr. Lurie would like to personally speak to you and discuss your results. We hope you give us the opportunity to make it up to you. We thank you for the time taken.